• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Whats the Best Trifle Bowl Dessert?

In summary, the trifles vary in style, but all are popular with guests. Two trifles in particular, the Strawberry Cheesecake and the Black Forest Trifle, are especially lovely.
luvmytees
as far as appearance & a crowd pleaser for my open house? :chef:

Last edited:
I've yet to have any complaints about any of the trifles. My suggestion is to pick 2--1 chocolate, the other not. Give your host a choice. I know it's hard to believe, but some people don't care for chocolate.

raebates said:
I know it's hard to believe, but some people don't care for chocolate.

Not like chocolate??? Is that possible?

I know it's strange, but I have 2 friends who don't care for chocolate. It's been a strain on our friendship, but we're surviving it for now.

I loved the Red White & Blueberry Trifle from last summer - I can't wait to start making that one again. It is nice since it starts with a pre-done angel food cake from the grocery store (no baking!).

But, I also really love the Black Forest Trifle - I made it at so many shows this past winter.

I think those 2 are my favorite.

Note: The Banana Trifle in this current Season's Best IMO does NOT look nice. It did not fill up the bowl at all. And there was not enough of the chocolate to go around the edges for 2 layers.

The lemon blueberry trifle is a huge hit with my guests and hosts. Shows over $400 worth of tools and is very light tasting but YUMMY! It's in the old delightful desserts cookbook, or if you need it I can email it to you. I do it about 2-3 times a month.

My favorite is the Strawberry Cream Trifle...I make this alot in the summer. Everyone loves it!! It's in the Season's Best Spring/Summer 2008.

I love the triple berry triffle! I had a couple girlfriends over for my birthday and we made it. There wasn't any left!!

love the lime berry mousse trifle from seasons best summer 07.

My favorite is the Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle. I can eat the cheesecake filling with a spoon....

I always make the cake for it, so I am attaching that recipe as well!

Attachments

• Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle.doc
    19.5 KB · Views: 600
  • Pound Cake from regular boxed cake mix.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 366
By far the best.... and makes a great interactive demo as people help slice, chop and scoop.

Of course, the Lime Berry Mousse trifle is amazing... lovin' the lime! I'm thinking the Creamy Mojito Torte would do well in a trifle bowl!:angel:

Attachments

• Fudgey Brownie Trifle.doc
    29.5 KB · Views: 501
Strawberry Cream Trifle is a hit for everyone!

kam said:
Note: The Banana Trifle in this current Season's Best IMO does NOT look nice. It did not fill up the bowl at all. And there was not enough of the chocolate to go around the edges for 2 layers.

I doubled the recipe, with not much extra cost and it looked just like the picture and taste great. We made it for a cluster meeting for a demo. Afterward, we all sat with our own spoon and dug out of it until it was gone.

I love the Tiramisu Brownie Trifle!!!

LOL...look at the variations! I love the Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle. I bring a dessert to all my shows already prepared....and almost every hostess I make it for has someone who books requests it for their show also. I almost get sick of making it! My only advice is that if you are driving a distance, dont put the top layer of cool whip and peanut butter cups on till you get there. Also double the pb cups!!!

Enjoy!

I think the Black Forest Trifle is really good and it looks very nice, too. It fit great with all my Christmas decorations, too. The lemon blueberry trifle is great for this time of year and the summer months, too. Everyone really liked that one, and I love blueberries.

BlessedWifeMommy said:
Not like chocolate??? Is that possible?

raebates said:
I know it's strange, but I have 2 friends who don't care for chocolate. It's been a strain on our friendship, but we're surviving it for now.

My husband of 15 years and counting doesn't like chocolate either.....I wasn't sure we were going to survive, but I think I've overcome his chocolate deprivation by doubling my consumption!!!!:D

You're clearly a brilliant and tolerant woman, c00p.

I've done the Chocolate Peanut Butter one a ton this winter and it's always a huge hit. With Spring coming...some day...I'm looking forward to lighter ones, especially the Strawberry Cheesecake.

I'll keep "pimping" the Tropical Dream Trifle for people who don't want chocolate. Easy and fabulous.

Another one that is better than you might think is the new Chocolate Banana Cream Trifle. Had some at March cluster meeting and was surprised at how good it was.​

Attachments

• Tropical Dream Trifle.doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 580
Last edited:
Not quite as sweet, but I love a fresh layered fruit salad...looks very pretty, and in the summer can't be beat. Not the best show demo, but could be great to add on at a show not featuring the Trifle Bowl. Have the host buy the fruit and cut it up so all you need to is layer it once you get there (or you buy and have her reimburse you). Just a thought.

Although, as I sit here, I'm thinking of several of products you could use...apple wedger (apples/pears), pineapple wedger, egg slicer (kiwi, strawberries), forged cutlery, core and more, and it could keep going...still not showing a ton, but could be fun for guests to use these.

where can I find the recipe for the chocolate peanut butter one?

KellyTheChef said:
My favorite is the Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle. I can eat the cheesecake filling with a spoon....

I always make the cake for it, so I am attaching that recipe as well!

I know this is an old thread, but I have a question regarding what Kelly posted here. When I open the Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle and look at the ingredients listed, there's one line sort of blank. I'm wondering if it's something my program did to it, or if it's written that way. I just want to be sure I'm not missing an ingredient.

Here's how it looks when I open it:

Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle
Ingredients:
• 2 quarts strawberries, sliced
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 2 teaspoons almond extract
• --- (I bolded it...is there something missing here?)
• 2--8 ounce blocks cream cheese, softened
• 1 C. sour cream
• 2 C. powdered sugar
• 1 t. vanilla extract
• 1/4 t. almond extract
• 16 ounce tub whipped topping or 1 pint cream, whipped
• 1 large angel food or pound cake, torn into pieces
Preparation:
Set aside some berries for garnish. Mix rest with sugar and almond extract. Set aside. Mix cream cheese, sour cream, powdered sugar, vanilla and almond extract. Fold in whipped cream.
In a trifle bowl: 1/2 cake, 1/2 berries, 1/2 cream cheese mixture, repeat layers. Garnish with remaining berries. Refrigerate.

babywings76 said:
I know this is an old thread, but I have a question regarding what Kelly posted here. When I open the Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle and look at the ingredients listed, there's one line sort of blank. I'm wondering if it's something my program did to it, or if it's written that way. I just want to be sure I'm not missing an ingredient.

Here's how it looks when I open it:

Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle
Ingredients:
• 2 quarts strawberries, sliced
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 2 teaspoons almond extract
• --- (I bolded it...is there something missing here?)
• 2--8 ounce blocks cream cheese, softened
• 1 C. sour cream
• 2 C. powdered sugar
• 1 t. vanilla extract
• 1/4 t. almond extract
• 16 ounce tub whipped topping or 1 pint cream, whipped
• 1 large angel food or pound cake, torn into pieces
Preparation:
Set aside some berries for garnish. Mix rest with sugar and almond extract. Set aside. Mix cream cheese, sour cream, powdered sugar, vanilla and almond extract. Fold in whipped cream.
In a trifle bowl: 1/2 cake, 1/2 berries, 1/2 cream cheese mixture, repeat layers. Garnish with remaining berries. Refrigerate.

I see the same thing you do.

I am thinking that she has the ingredients "separated" for the steps listed. The sugar and almond extract get mixed with the strawberries. The rest of the ingredients are for the next step. Not sure, but that would be my guess.

Okay, thanks! I'm trying to put together a complete Trifle Bowl recipe file to give out to those who purchase the trifle bowl. I have 3 different files and I want to consolidate them.

I'm partial to the Strawberry Creme Trifle, since that's the one I started my business with. It always looks impressive. I tried the Tres Leches trifle, but didn't care for the cinnamon taste.

I did the chocolate peanut butter trifle last night at a show. I had never made a trifle at all, but it seemed easy and I wanted to display my trifle bowl that I got Thursday. It was a huge hit! Very easy and very pretty. I pre-made the brownies and mixed the rest of the ingredents while my fajitas were cooking. I sold 2 trifle bowls last night too. The first ones I have ever sold, so it really goes to show....they buy what they see!

Chocolate Peanut Butte Cup Trifle always is a big hit, very richhhhhhhhh

Hi everyone! I am also a new Consultant, I am looking for a trifle bowl recipe that lets me use the most tools for my demo. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

1. What is a trifle bowl dessert?

A trifle bowl dessert is a layered dessert typically made with cake, custard, whipped cream, and fruit. It is served in a large, clear glass bowl to showcase the beautiful layers.

2. What makes a trifle bowl dessert the best?

The best trifle bowl desserts have a perfect balance of flavors and textures. They should also be visually appealing with distinct layers. The best trifle bowl desserts also use high-quality ingredients and are made with love and attention to detail.

3. Can I use any type of cake in a trifle bowl dessert?

Yes, you can use any type of cake in a trifle bowl dessert. Popular choices include sponge cake, pound cake, and angel food cake. You can also use brownies, cookies, or even donuts as the base for your trifle dessert.

4. How do I assemble a trifle bowl dessert?

To assemble a trifle bowl dessert, start by layering the bottom of the bowl with cake or another base layer. Then add a layer of fruit, followed by a layer of custard or pudding. Repeat these layers until you reach the top of the bowl, ending with a layer of whipped cream or topping. You can also add additional toppings or garnishes as desired.

5. Can I make a trifle bowl dessert ahead of time?

Yes, you can make a trifle bowl dessert ahead of time. However, it is best to assemble it no more than a day in advance to prevent the layers from becoming soggy. Keep the trifle bowl dessert refrigerated until ready to serve.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KayPT
  • 4kids4me
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
nikked
  • babywings76