• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Fall 2012 Kitchen Collection: Cookware, Cutlery, Wine Accessories, and More!

In summary, the new consultant kit includes a food processor, slicer, coarse grater, and zester. There are also new recipe cards available in a variety of colors.
love the new kitchen scale. Also - anyone know if someone has posted the sell a thon levels. I earned at the 3000 level and want to see what I will be receiving!

frugalchef said:
wonder why the ceramic set only has a 3 year warranty when the others are lifetime..i can see that being a problem

Others being OUR SS and Exec, or another brands? If our stuff, That doesnt have to be a problem, because if they choose to spend more on the other sets.:p

Ashley - Here are the directions that Kam posted in a different thread. It works great.
Going to try typing this on my phone...Go to product adj like you dont know the show number.There should be an item/shipment listed with no host name and a G in the number.Go to fedex.com and track by REFERENCE.Type in that number followed by 01, fill in country and your zip code.

frugalchef said:
wonder why the ceramic set only has a 3 year warranty when the others are lifetime..i can see that being a problem

I see it as a marketing/selling pt. Sell to people who are learning to cook, low on income (I am thinking college age, starting out in life). Then after a few years get more serious and upgrade based on your cooking style. I dont think they could lifetime it just because I dont think it is made to hold up like stainless, etc

PampChefJoy said:
Does anyone have the catalog with the item #s?

It won't let me send you a message but this should be correct (I'm working in really dim light right now.

3132 11" Covered Skillet
3130 8" Saute Pan
3134 4.75-q Covered Casserole
3133 2.75-qt Covered Sauce Pan
3131 10" Saute Pan
1747 Bamboo Serving Bowls - Multicolor
9578 Bell Pepper Rub
2322 Bevs-to-Go Bottle Bag
1658 Classic Scraper
1123 Color Coated Nakiri Knife
1122 Color Coated Peeling Knife
2401 Covered Roaster
1207 Drink Saver
1124 Food Holder
1121 Forged Carving Knife
1649 Glass-Cleaning Brush
9594 Appletini Drink Mix
9593 Cosmopolitan Drink Mix
2354 Digital Kitchen Scale
1014 Large Cutting Board with Juice Wells
9588 Lemon Rosemary Rub
9572 Maple herb Rub
1369 Mini Round Cocotte
1686 Pastry Blender
2248 Pocket Thermometer
1262 Quikut Paring Knives
2947 Round-Up from the Heart 2012 Cork Trivet
1958 Shimmering Adjustable Tiered Tower
2001 Shimmering Adjustable Round Platter
9655 Smoky Red Pepper Rub
2399 Snowman Scraper
1654 Soft-Tip Cleaning Brushes
2653 Twixit Clip Combo Pack
2199 Wine Bottle Opener
1121 8-1/4" Forged Carving Knife
2248 Pocket Thermometer
2468 The Pampered Chef Cookbook for a Cause, Volume 3
2411 Serve It Hot! Gift Set
2404 Holiday Entertaining Gift Set
2403 Drink It Up! Itty Bitty Bevs Gift Set
1959 Season's Best
1129 Food Holder with Coarse Grater Set

frugalchef said:

My gma can't lift very much so these pans would be great for her compared to the other ones plus all the other ideas listed above.

frugalchef said:

41% of the cookware market are people looking for "Other Nonstick" cookware. Basically these are the people using and buying the cheap crud. It's not that they are specifically looking for ceramic, it's that they can't afford the expensive stuff and PC is trying to fill that large hole with an affordable alternative they can buy piece by piece (hopefully until they can afford the good stuff) It's a decent alternative for people in the market for cheap cookware.

wadesgirl said:
It won't let me send you a message but this should be correct (I'm working in really dim light right now.

Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to do that! It will help me frame out the flyer until I can grab the images from the server.

cookscorner said:
Ashley - Here are the directions that Kam posted in a different thread. It works great.
Going to try typing this on my phone...

Go to product adj like you dont know the show number.

There should be an item/shipment listed with no host name and a G in the number.

Go to fedex.com and track by REFERENCE.

Type in that number followed by 01, fill in country and your zip code.

Thank you very much!!! Love having a "back door"!

*bump* for those just coming in from the weekend and catching up. :D

Ceramic cookware does not fill just the "cheaper" gap. The reason so many folks use ceramic, is because of the dangers of non stick cookware. The greener way to cook is use stainless or ceramic. If you go to high end cooking stores you will notice that ceramic is everywhere. As much as I loved my professional cookware, I gave it up for both health and environmental concerns. I use exclusively stainless and ceramic with a piece of cast iron here and there. Good for PC for recognizing. I get a lot of questions at shows about the safety of our non stick. Now they have an alternative.

I'm confused about the roasting pan. Does it replace the roaster we already have?

Intrepid_Chef said:
I'm confused about the roasting pan. Does it replace the roaster we already have?

No. It's about half the size and has no rack. It's use is totally different and with the lid also being usable for oven or microwave, very versatile.

KateInTheKitchen said:
What is the Food Holder?

It's for the Microplane Coarse Grater. Will also be sold as a set with the Grater.

In the issue of the shipping going up to $5.25, I guess I will be throwing away all the order forms I have and ordering new forms with the new shipping price? I'm still rather new to this, so still grasping the concept of things. Thanks for your help!Also~The new 2013 Calendars that we are able to order on P3, does anyone know the dimensions on those. Do you plan to resell them or give them away?

Last edited:
I think I will order new receipt forms. It was one thing to cross out $4.50 and right $4.75. But crossing out $4.50 or $4.75 and marking $5.25 wouldn't look so good to customers. The receipts don't cost that much anyway.As far as the calendars, I don't remember the exact measurement, but they made them last year so they fit in a lg manilla envelope perfectly for mailing. (9x10?) I wouldn't resell them. But they make great Host gifts - for upcoming hosts and for past/favorite hosts, etc.

Need info about the new ceramic cookware - look at Ceramic Cookware - Sell me on why under Product Tips. It is great!

Daniellekw said:
In the issue of the shipping going up to $5.25, I guess I will be throwing away all the order forms I have and ordering new forms with the new shipping price? I'm still rather new to this, so still grasping the concept of things. Thanks for your help!

Also~The new 2013 Calendars that we are able to order on P3, does anyone know the dimensions on those. Do you plan to resell them or give them away?
I would just cross off the current shipping and write in the new one. That's what I usually do. Now I won't do the ones that's I've already crossed off before.

I know that the calendars are about the size of a catalog, they fit into the same sized envelope to mail them. I sent calendars out to all of my hosts from the year and gave them out to the ones that host a show through the end of the year. If I have more, I start to give them away for anyone ordering $100 or more.

Thanks for your suggestions! I thought about sending my past hosts calendars and including a letter thanking them for hosting a show with me and letting them know when their 10% off discount expires.

Daniellekw said:
In the issue of the shipping going up to $5.25, I guess I will be throwing away all the order forms I have and ordering new forms with the new shipping price? ?

DON"T!!! The only thing that changes on them are the shipping rates. Phone numbers and the guarantee (what makes the receipt "official") stay the same. Some people just cross off the old price and write in the new one. I actually use the small (80/page) return address labels and print the current shipping prices on them. The labels can easily fit three prices, so I cut the labels in thirds (after printing when I'm labeling receipts) and put them on the top receipt. I think it looks nicer.

Also~The new 2013 Calendars that we are able to order on P3, does anyone know the dimensions on those. Do you plan to resell them or give them away?

They will fit in a manilla envelope. People use them for all kinds of things. I send them to my past hosts, my family, and will use them as door prized in November-February. I send each of my hosts from the current year a calendar. Any hosts whose PHD has expired during the current year I will also send them a calendar along with a gift certificate (redeemable only through me and usually good November through February) to encourage them to have another party.

I almost never throw out old carbon receipts. We have to cross ours out anyways (for Alaska) so I cross it out in red and when I'm going over the specials, I go over the details on the order form and let them know what the current s&h rate is. For host packets, I always print the outside order forms from Consultant's Corner :)

Ok. It's obviously been awhile since I bought the sales receipts. They seem to be much more expensive than they were! wow! Yeah- I'll keep crossing out the price, or use Jane's trick with the stickers. :)

My Free For All products haven't even been shipped yet if I'm doing this right! When is that supposed to happen?

If anyone is seriously going to throw away order forms, send them me instead! In Alaska, shipping is 15% + $2 (15% +$3 come Sept. 1st) so that preprinted $4.75 (or whatever it is) makes no difference.

ChefPeg said:
If anyone is seriously going to throw away order forms, send them me instead! In Alaska, shipping is 15% + $2 (15% +$3 come Sept. 1st) so that preprinted $4.75 (or whatever it is) makes no difference.

I'll send you those I have left over after August if you pay the shipping.

BethCooks4U said:
I'll send you those I have left over after August if you pay the shipping.

No problem! I'll PM you my address. Can I send you a paypal payment?

ChefPeg said:
No problem! I'll PM you my address. Can I send you a paypal payment?

Sure. I have shows through the end of the month so I'll let you know what I have left at that time. I'll check if my team have any too.

So, some of you have NO clue who I am and some may remember me. I've been in the semi-active mode for the past 3 years and just doing shows here and there so remain active and to keep my stats, etc. I've been trying to decide whether to stay with PC or to say goodbye. I have to say, that the new products are not intriguing me like they used to and I am honestly quite miffed about the shipping increase. This really is getting BEYOND reasonable. Think about it: each order for a show is shipped in ONE shipment (typically) and I can guarantee you that the total shipping for that order is considerably lower than all of the individual shipping charges added together. THAT, on top of the fact that PC continues to increase the product prices makes me an unhappy consultant. I still love the products and always will. I just don't know that I can honestly "justify" to my customers the continual increases. I don't mean to start a war, just wanted to get that off my chest after reading about the new products.

Andrea,My roommate holds frequent Partylite parties. At Partylite their products also are shipped to the host. They pay 10 percent. So if somebody spents $60 or more (which is often the case after they spend the amount required to BUY the guest special) they are paying more than us. The host also pays shipping and pays tax on the free products. If they get $100 in freebies and nothing else, they pay tax on $100.When I sold jewelry 6 years ago, shipping was $5.95 no matter what you had shipped. Yes it was direct shipped to customers but it was light no matter what they ordered.When the Alaska people leaked their shipping costs, I was very nervous and wondered if ours would be the same. If every customer had their products shipped to their homes, it would be a huge inconvenience for some of us who enjoy packaging the orders and add business cards and other things as a convenience.The way I see it, $5.25 is still a bargain. I cannot send a host packet to my hosts for that much! And yet our customers can order a large bar pan, a Deep Covered Baker and a trifle bowl, and they can have all that shipped to their host for $5.25? Two people order $75 worth of product at a show, and that and the host's order can be shipped for $10.50? Deal!

I still use the receipts but since I don't have very many, I usually save them for orders at fairs. For customers, I like to print out the order forms from CC because they have the guest special on them and my information. I tell them the forms will go to their host and their host will give them the receipt when they get their products. She has no need for them (though I usually email her the receipts) after the products are handed out, and I have no need once they are in P3.

Intrepid_Chef said:
Andrea,

My roommate holds frequent Partylite parties. At Partylite their products also are shipped to the host. They pay 10 percent. So if somebody spents $60 or more (which is often the case after they spend the amount required to BUY the guest special) they are paying more than us. The host also pays shipping and pays tax on the free products. If they get $100 in freebies and nothing else, they pay tax on $100.

When I sold jewelry 6 years ago, shipping was $5.95 no matter what you had shipped. Yes it was direct shipped to customers but it was light no matter what they ordered.

When the Alaska people leaked their shipping costs, I was very nervous and wondered if ours would be the same. If every customer had their products shipped to their homes, it would be a huge inconvenience for some of us who enjoy packaging the orders and add business cards and other things as a convenience.

The way I see it, $5.25 is still a bargain. I cannot send a host packet to my hosts for that much! And yet our customers can order a large bar pan, a Deep Covered Baker and a trifle bowl, and they can have all that shipped to their host for $5.25? Two people order $75 worth of product at a show, and that and the host's order can be shipped for $10.50? Deal!

Very well put!

c00p said:
So, some of you have NO clue who I am and some may remember me. I've been in the semi-active mode for the past 3 years and just doing shows here and there so remain active and to keep my stats, etc. I've been trying to decide whether to stay with PC or to say goodbye. I have to say, that the new products are not intriguing me like they used to and I am honestly quite miffed about the shipping increase. This really is getting BEYOND reasonable. Think about it: each order for a show is shipped in ONE shipment (typically) and I can guarantee you that the total shipping for that order is considerably lower than all of the individual shipping charges added together. THAT, on top of the fact that PC continues to increase the product prices makes me an unhappy consultant. I still love the products and always will. I just don't know that I can honestly "justify" to my customers the continual increases. I don't mean to start a war, just wanted to get that off my chest after reading about the new products.

It's all in how you look at it - if you think it's a negative, it will reflect negatively in your business. If you allow this to be the reason that you quit your business than that is your choice. When I was in line to see the new products at Fall Launch a consultant behind me was on the phone being completely negative about everything they had announced - new products, shipping prices, etc. It was a downer to me to hear her talk like that even with all the excitement around me.

Think of it this way - EVERYTHING is going up in price - gas, food, clothes, etc. That's the way the economy is, it's not just PC. If you look at a catalog from aways back, a lot of items are pretty close to the original prices. PC can't help it if they have to pay more for things. They try to not pass it onto the customers when they can help it but they are a business too - they have to make a profit some how. With gas continuing to rise, FedEx is charging more which means the end user has to pay more. Yes it sucks that we have to pass that along to our customer but in almost 6 years I've only had a couple people balk about the price of shipping. If you buy anything online, you are going to pay at least $6 in shipping at most places.

slattanzia said:
Ceramic cookware does not fill just the "cheaper" gap. The reason so many folks use ceramic, is because of the dangers of non stick cookware. The greener way to cook is use stainless or ceramic. If you go to high end cooking stores you will notice that ceramic is everywhere. As much as I loved my professional cookware, I gave it up for both health and environmental concerns. I use exclusively stainless and ceramic with a piece of cast iron here and there. Good for PC for recognizing. I get a lot of questions at shows about the safety of our non stick. Now they have an alternative.

I see your point and I agree, but I think PC came out with this to address the concerns of some people like you and to fill the gap. This product will do both. It's ingenious really to introduce one line that fills a gap for several different reasons, all valid.

Intrepid_Chef said:
When the Alaska people leaked their shipping costs,

We didn't "leak" our shipping costs. "Leaking" implies it was a huge secret we already knew and weren't allowed to tell. Aimee was simply sharing the fact that our shipping went up from 15%+$2 for ship-to-host (2-3 days) to 15%+$3 direct shipping (2-3 weeks).

I'm not trying to be a Negative Nellie or Debbie Downer, but when I think of shipping costs, I factor in a LOT of things. Party Lite's shipping costs are exactly why I stopped buying their products about 7 years ago. And when I do on-line ordering, I wait for a special to save on shipping or google for discount codes, etc. And please understand this: HERE, on this site, I am "airing" my thoughts/feelings, etc. about the shipping costs. To my hosts and guests, they will never know how I feel about it b/c I never let it show. I do still think PC has the best products around and our prices are fairly competitive. However, when every dollar counts, as it does oh so more for me since becoming a single mom, I do view things differently and drill down into prices more diligently. When the DCB increased so dramatically, I was totally floored. I LOVE that piece and promoted the heck out of it. Now, in my area, that is a mighty hefty price to pay. I understand as a host they could get it for free or 1/2 price, but that was a HUGE increase. And one more thing: I've had more than just a handful of people across my years of doing PC gripe about the shipping prices. It is an item that comes up at every single show. I'm not making this up either!

Last edited:
c00p said:
I'm not trying to be a Negative Nellie or Debbie Downer, but when I think of shipping costs, I factor in a LOT of things. Party Lite's shipping costs are exactly why I stopped buying their products about 7 years ago. And when I do on-line ordering, I wait for a special to save on shipping or google for discount codes, etc. And please understand this: HERE, on this site, I am "airing" my thoughts/feelings, etc. about the shipping costs. To my hosts and guests, they will never know how I feel about it b/c I never let it show. I do still think PC has the best products around and our prices are fairly competitive. However, when every dollar counts, as it does oh so more for me since becoming a single mom, I do view things differently and drill down into prices more diligently. When the DCB increased so dramatically, I was totally floored. I LOVE that piece and promoted the heck out of it. Now, in my area, that is a mighty hefty price to pay. I understand as a host they could get it for free or 1/2 price, but that was a HUGE increase. And one more thing: I've had more than just a handful of people across my years of doing PC gripe about the shipping prices. It is an item that comes up at every single show. I'm not making this up either!

It's okay - vent away. I too was shocked by the huge increase in price of the DCB but if you make it worth their dollar by showing them how they can make time saving, low cost recipes in it you can still get people to buy it at full price.

I'm not talking about anybody specific, but I saw people talking about it before the second launch. It just made me worry that the next day at launch, they would announce that our shipping had gone up and everything was direct.

ChefPeg said:
We didn't "leak" our shipping costs. "Leaking" implies it was a huge secret we already knew and weren't allowed to tell. Aimee was simply sharing the fact that our shipping went up from 15%+$2 for ship-to-host (2-3 days) to 15%+$3 direct shipping (2-3 weeks).

You guys should see the shipping changes made For us in Hawaii and Alaska! Before we had to pay 15% of the order in shipping, but the up-side was that it arrived in about 3 days. NOW we have to pay 15% plus $3 and the items will take 2-3 WEEKS to arrive! This is going to hurt my business - I'm thinking of quitting! I WISH we could pay what your guests pay in shipping!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Danswife
Replies
Views
Kelley Sells
  • chef2you
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
csnteacher