• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What do you bring in your show kit to make a successful cooking show?

In summary, Laurie brings a red crate with her to each show with the following contents: 1. TTA FULL of tools for the recipe being demoed.2. SS Bowl Set.3. ERMC Set.4. Large Cutting Board.5. Cooling Rack.6. Whatever pieces of stoneware and cookware she is using for the recipe.7. Spices in a Spice TA.8. Whatever Serving pieces she needs for the recipe (usually bamboo, occasionally sa). 9. Several Prep Bowls.10. Trifle Bowl.11. Cake Pedestal/Tiered Tower if requested.12. Cool 'n Serve Square Tray.
LauriChick
I thought it would be fun to see what everyone brings to shows with them, kit wise! Post your kit contents here!
* seasonal
-Large Bar Pan
-Cooling Rack
-Cutting mats
-Large grooved cutting board
-12" skillet
-Stainless mixing bowl
-small bar pan
-About 7 cookbooks Inc. All the best and both 29 min. to dinner
-Tool turn about full of various tools
-garlic press, peeler & slicer
-Classic Batter bowl
-7" Santoku
-8"Chefs knife
-5" utility
-Food chopper
-Microplane grater
-Spice turn about with rubs, seasonings and sprinkles
-Large bamboo Platter*
-Bamboo cracker platter*
-Bamboo Bowl set* (Small, med & large, with locking salad tongs)
-Snowman divided plate and holiday dots bowl*
-Whatever the hostess special is for the month I want to bookI play "pass & sniff" with the spice turn about when the food is cooking. Basically I announce that we are playing pass & sniff, then take various items from the rack, open them, give a suggestion for that particular item's usage and pass it around. The last show I did this at just about order 3 items from this on average. It ended up be a $1,400 show! Bring the Spice turn about over to your check out too, the sniff when your totaling and add on then too!
What's in your kit?

I take what I need for my recipe, a piece of stoneware if I'm not using it,and each of the sautee pans. If a host specifically asks for something I bring it. Otherwise, that's it. Will sometimes bring the spices, too.

I bring:IN MY RED CRATE (I've had it since I started with PC, and still use it for every show!)TTA stuffed FULL of every tool/knife that will fit.Spice TA - w/ Sprinkles on the top level, and rubs and spices on the bottom. I put this in the carrying bag, and then add the oil dipping seasonings into the bag. I sell a TON of seasonings. :)
Hot Pads & Microfiber Towels
A selection of cookbooks - right now, it's Easy Appetizers, Soups Stews & Chili's, 29 Minutes to Dinner, Holiday Desserts, Vegetarian Cooking, and Simply Sweet.IN MY CONSULTANT BAG (the one that comes with the kit now)SS Bowl Set
ERMC Set
Large Cutting Board
Cooling Rack
Whatever pieces of Stoneware & Cookware I'm using for the recipe. (I try to always use both in my demo)
Small Metal Bar Pan
Whatever Serving pieces I need for the demo recipe. Usually Bamboo, occasionally SA.
Prep Bowls - several in the 1 cup and 2 cup sizes.

How on earth do you carry all that stuff, Laurie? I basically take what Beth does and then even then - I feel like I am bringing too much! :yuck:My director only takes what she needs for the recipe and refers all inquiries to the catalog.

I generally make a list of everything needed for the recipe (LOVE that products are in bold on the recipes) and then bring -
TTA FULL
Entire set of SS bowls (even if recipe only calls for one bowl - I like to stack them)
The small batter bowl, one 1 cup prep bowl, and one pinch bowl.
Trifle Bowl (or Cake pedestal/adjustable tiered tower if it's requested)

And then if it's not already included I try to grab some stoneware (DCB) and my 8" Saute Pan. I also bring a bamboo bowl because it's light and people love to see it.

I keep all my paperwork in the HWC Reusable bag they had in May.

I take what I need for the recipe and I will take the item(s) that are on special for next month (if that's when I am booking). I try to keep it to one product bag, my business bag, and my dirty dish bucket that I have my turnabouts in to take in the home. Afterwards, my dirty dish bucket is full and the totes are on my shoulder.

I also just take what is needed plus one of the specials for the next month, sometimes bringing a few spices. We want our business to look as simple as possible, so carrying in as few things as possible does that. If someone wants to see a product, I say, "I'll bring that to your show" or "I'll bring that to the next show." :)

I take whatever I need for the recipe and I always take a cooling rack, spice turnabout full, and my TTA full. I have all my lapboards, cattys, laptop, calendar, and extra paperwork in a canvas bag. So I have my consultant bag, TTA tote, STA tote, and canvas bag.

I almost forgot! I almost ALWAYS bring my Cool 'n Serve Square Tray. I sell at least one at almost every show I do.

I have a habit of bringing more than what I need. It's good for cross selling but bad for recruiting. Someone that might be interested might lose interest if they think they have to own everything that I bring. I need to start leaving some of it at home.

gaddischef said:
If someone wants to see a product, I say, "I'll bring that to your show" or "I'll bring that to the next show." :)

I am so stealing this line!

deanna_g said:
I almost forgot! I almost ALWAYS bring my Cool 'n Serve Square Tray. I sell at least one at almost every show I do.

Great idea. Mine has been sitting for awhile...how can I expect to sell it if I don't get it and in customers hands!!! Thanks for sharing :balloon:

I pretty much always just take what I need for the recipe (including what I'm serving it on, if applicable). The first time I did this (8 years ago) I packed up my whole kitchen EVERY time. I don't do that anymore!!!

I use two rolling bags. One has two deep covered bakers (i know i know but i do one main dish and a chocolate lava cake - make the lava cake in advance and then pop in micro after main dish comes out). That bag also has bamboo, why bag, catalogs, order forms, pens, PC tablecloth and two oven pads.The other rolling bag has 8" chef knife, 5" utility knife, sharpener, green bread knife, stainless bowl set, classic batter bowl, one cup prep bowl, two cup prep bowl, pinch bowls, food chopper, egg slicer plus, garlic shaver, apple wedger, cutting board, cooling rack, RUFTH trivet, handy scrapers and the TTA loaded in its bag.Oh, I also put in two binders - one has the DCB recipes printed out so folks can see what they will get when they order DCB and the flip chart for booking/recruiting and I use the cooking show slide.If I am highlighting spices, I take the spice TTA in its bag and schlep it on top.I have had no problems in booking shows and I do recruit as well. Oh, and in my car, if needed I have a 4 foot folding table and a small microwave in the trunk...you never know and I hate to not have it if needed!CK

1. What products are included in the kit?

The kit includes a variety of our top-selling kitchen tools and gadgets, as well as some new products that are exclusive to our consultants. These may include items such as our signature stoneware, versatile cookware, and time-saving utensils.

2. How much does the kit cost?

The cost of our kit varies depending on current promotions and specials. Our consultants receive a significant discount on the kit, making it an affordable option to start their own Pampered Chef business. Please contact your consultant or visit our website for current pricing.

3. Is there a monthly fee or minimum sales requirement?

There is no monthly fee to remain a consultant with Pampered Chef. However, we do have a minimum sales requirement of $200 in each rolling three-month period to remain active and eligible for discounts and rewards.

4. Can I customize my kit?

Yes, you can customize your kit by selecting specific products from our catalog. However, the total value of the kit must meet the minimum requirement set by Pampered Chef. Your consultant can assist you in choosing the best products for your needs.

5. Are there any additional perks or benefits included in the kit?

Yes, our kit also includes training materials, business supplies, and access to our online consultant community and resources. You will also receive a discount on future product purchases and have the opportunity to earn rewards and incentives as you grow your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sarahsellcm
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cincychef
  • naekelsey