• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's for Dinner...tuesday, June 8

The cake was fabulous! SO SO GOOD! The recipe is from Allrecipes.com. I used the PC Springform pan, wrapped some foil around it, and put it in a water bath in the deep dish baker. That worked out really well, but it took 60 minutes. I didn't let it chill overnight, I just let it cool for a bit, and then popped it out of the pan, and flipped it out onto the cake stand, and let it cool the rest of the way, and then poured the Ganache over it.I served it with the caramel sauce, and a Strawberry Puree - just fresh strawberries, and a little agave nectar in my little hand held food processor.
pamperedbybarbara
Good Morning....:blushing:

No cheffer birthdays to celebrate today...

Tonight for dinner I am making chicken cutlets on the large bar pan w/either roasted potatoes or wild rice...changed yesterdays dinner to calamari in marinara sauce w/linguine and garlic roasted bread.....

Have a great day everyone.....:sing:sing like the birds outside my window!!! LOVE that sound!!:love:

It's my little guys 6th Birthday today! Wow - cannot believe that!

Soooo, it's his choice for dinner. He chose Grilled Shrimp Scampi, Macaroni & Cheese (made with rice pasta), and green beans.

For his birthday cake, I'm making a Flourless Chocolate Cake with a Chocolate Ganache over it, whipped cream, strawberries, and caramel drizzle.

happy birthday, micah!!!!!!:balloon::balloon::balloon:

Happy Birthday little guy, has an impressive palate by the way!!

We are having pecan crusted chicken, green beans and some sort of starch, having a hard time deciding between rice pilaf (had rice last night) or potatoes.

I have a couple of suggestions... I made these the other night and it was delicious! one is Pioneer Woman's Tequila Lime Chicken recipe, and the other is Bobby Flay's Ancho Chile Corn Salad (find it on Food Network). Soooooo yummmy!

shelly.nurse said:
Happy Birthday little guy, has an impressive palate by the way!!

We are having pecan crusted chicken, green beans and some sort of starch, having a hard time deciding between rice pilaf (had rice last night) or potatoes.

He does have an interesting palate. It's actually been expanded by his myriad of food sensitivities. He can't have wheat, corn, dairy, or any type of nuts...so that leaves out most childhood staples!

Shrimp Scampi and green beans are both favorites...and the Mac&Cheese is a special treat because of his birthday. (we'll all be paying for it tomorrow, but the one food he misses the most is Mac & Cheese.)

I'm excited to try the flourless cake! It looks really yummy, has a ton of rave reviews on Allrecipes.com, and is naturally gluten-free!

ChefBeckyD said:
He does have an interesting palate. It's actually been expanded by his myriad of food sensitivities. He can't have wheat, corn, dairy, or any type of nuts...so that leaves out most childhood staples!

Shrimp Scampi and green beans are both favorites...and the Mac&Cheese is a special treat because of his birthday. (we'll all be paying for it tomorrow, but the one food he misses the most is Mac & Cheese.)

I'm excited to try the flourless cake! It looks really yummy, has a ton of rave reviews on Allrecipes.com, and is naturally gluten-free!

Wishing him a very happy birthday, we know he's going to have a great dinner.

If the cake is good. please share the recipe. I have a dear friend who misses out on all the baked goods at work because of gluten, and it may be great for Passover, too....I'll have to check the recipe out with my neighbor.

Marghi

BlueMoon said:
Wishing him a very happy birthday, we know he's going to have a great dinner. If the cake is good. please share the recipe. I have a dear friend who misses out on all the baked goods at work because of gluten, and it may be great for Passover, too....I'll have to check the recipe out with my neighbor.Marghi
Oh wow! The cake was fabulous! SO SO GOOD! The recipe is from Allrecipes.com. I used the PC Springform pan, wrapped some foil around it, and put it in a water bath in the deep dish baker. That worked out really well, but it took 60 minutes. I didn't let it chill overnight, I just let it cool for a bit, and then popped it out of the pan, and flipped it out onto the cake stand, and let it cool the rest of the way, and then poured the Ganache over it.
I served it with the caramel sauce, and a Strawberry Puree - just fresh strawberries, and a little agave nectar in my little hand held food processor. It looked beautiful on my cake stand, with the Ganache glazed over it, and fresh strawberries for garnish on top of it.This will most definitely be something I will make again. My Mother-in-law even commented that this was a dessert that you would pay big bucks for in an upscale restaurant!Ingredients * 1/2 cup water
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 3/4 cup white sugar
* 18 (1 ounce) squares bittersweet chocolate (I used 8 ounces of Ghiradelli's Bittersweet Baking Bars, and 10 ounces of Ghiradelli's semi-sweet chocolate chips)
* 1 cup unsalted butter
* 6 eggsDirections 1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease one 10 inch round cake pan and set aside.
2. In a small saucepan over medium heat combine the water, salt and sugar. Stir until completely dissolved and set aside.
3. Either in the top half of a double boiler or in a microwave oven melt the bittersweet chocolate. Pour the chocolate into the bowl of an electric mixer.
4. Cut the butter into pieces and beat the butter into the chocolate, 1 piece at a time. Beat in the hot sugar-water. Slowly beat in the eggs, one at a time.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Have a pan larger than the cake pan ready, put the cake pan in the larger pan and fill the pan with boiling water halfway up the sides of the cake pan.
6. Bake cake in the water bath at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 45 minutes. The center will still look wet. Chill cake overnight in the pan. To unmold, dip the bottom of the cake pan in hot water for 10 seconds and invert onto a serving plate.

Thaks so much Becky for the swift response!
yum! with that much chocolate, how can you go wrong. I'll try it Sunday to take in on Monday....hmmm my mind is already going about toppings.
Marghi

BlueMoon said:
Thaks so much Becky for the swift response!
yum! with that much chocolate, how can you go wrong. I'll try it Sunday to take in on Monday....hmmm my mind is already going about toppings.
Marghi

Your Gluten-free friend (and anyone else who eats it!) will be falling at your feet if you make this!

The sweet-tart flavor of the strawberries was good, because it offset the richness of the cake. I didn't have any of the caramel sauce, but everyone else said that was really good too.

I think a raspberry sauce would be good too! I would also like some buttered almonds or pecans, but the little guy can't have nuts (and he adores them!), so I didn't go there.

What's for Dinner on Tuesday, June 8?

Thank you for your interest in Pampered Chef! Here are the 5 most frequently asked questions about our Tuesday, June 8 dinner:

1. What is the featured recipe for Tuesday, June 8?

The featured recipe for Tuesday, June 8 is our delicious Chicken Alfredo Bake. It's a crowd-pleasing dish that is easy to prepare and perfect for a busy weeknight.

2. Do I need any special equipment to make the Tuesday, June 8 dinner?

No, you do not need any special equipment. Our recipes are designed to be made with basic kitchen tools that most households already have.

3. Can I make any substitutions for ingredients in the Tuesday, June 8 dinner?

Yes, you can make substitutions for ingredients based on your dietary preferences or restrictions. We provide alternative ingredient options in our recipe cards for your convenience.

4. How long does it take to make the Tuesday, June 8 dinner?

On average, our Chicken Alfredo Bake takes about 45 minutes to prepare and cook. However, actual time may vary based on individual cooking skills and equipment.

5. Are there any side dish recommendations for the Tuesday, June 8 dinner?

Yes, we suggest serving a simple side salad or steamed vegetables with the Chicken Alfredo Bake to round out the meal. Our recipe cards also include side dish ideas for each featured recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedbybarbara