• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious and Healthy Fish Fry Dinner Ideas for Friday Night

In summary, the author is having a Fish Fry on Friday night and is considering healthier options, while her husband is in the kitchen cooking meatballs and speghetti. She is also craving a One Pot Creamy Pasta.
DebPC
Staff member
For me, it will be dinner out for a Fish Fry. A staple on Friday nights here in Wisconsin. However I have mine steamed or baked- much healthier.

Oh! A fish fry sounds GREAT! When we lived in upsate NY we used to be able to get a fish fry on Friday all the time. Now that we are in PA we can't find any!

Last year we found a restaurant that had a fish fry and it was a square piece of fish!!! :yuck: haha! I could have bought that much cheaper at the grocery store.

DH always complains that we can't ever find a GOOD fish fry here.

And we are in a food rut lately and can't figure out what to eat! Our challenge today will be trying to come up with something for dinner. Ugh.

Enjoy your Fish Fry - I am jealous!

Fish fry is great! I have a couple tilapia filets in my freezer.

I'm making bacon stuffed meatloaf. My husband's been asking for it all week.

OMG!!! I've never heard of that- but i'm really sure I would love it!
Lucky husband you have!

Ok- instead of healthy fish last night, I ended up with a big juicy burger and fries and a pomegranite martini! Well I tried...

I didn't know NY was the only lucky place to get fish fry! We do have the best fish fry at a couple of local restaurants.

It's really tasty and surprisingly hot too high calories. I've been able to play with the recipe to make it PC friendly for shows. Instead of adding bread crumbs and bbq sauce, I'm just adding the bbq rub. Plus I make it in the microwave using the dcb.

Bacon and Cheese Meatloaf « The Man Approved Diet

Awesome-thanks! Plus that's interesting you make it at shows.
I'll have to think about that. I think just the name would create a lot of interest.

Tonite it's Pork Roast in the DCB slathered in our Honey Terryaki Sauce with roasted potatoes in our large Bar Pan. Plus some frozen broccoli.
Is that how you spell broccoli?

Well, last night was grain free pizza. (New recipe - very good!).
Tonight we have a sitter, and it's DATE NIGHT! Not sure where hubby is taking me, but I know I'm not cooking! :)

DebPC said:
Tonite it's Pork Roast in the DCB slathered in our Honey Terryaki Sauce with roasted potatoes in our large Bar Pan. Plus some frozen broccoli.
Is that how you spell broccoli?

Most people spell "broccoli" YUK or similar spelling.

I happen to like broccoli, and cauliflower, especially with cheese sauce - YUM!

I am making Shephard's Pie for tonight's dinner.

Cabbage rolls without the rolls. :)

I picked up the recipe at the local spice store and it sounded good enough to try out. It's a casserole with all the stuff that you'd put in cabbage rolls but without the rolls.

Left over burrito from lunch :)

Tonite- it's my dad's homemde chili. He's 86 and makes the best chili.
Yummy! And no cooking for me!

DebPC said:
Tonite- it's my dad's homemde chili. He's 86 and makes the best chili.
Yummy! And no cooking for me!

He really does!

I got some stuffed peppers

It was supposed to be homemade BBQ Chicken sandwiches (our DCB recipe). But I took a long winter-nap (have a cold coming on), and slept through the dinner hour. My guys went out and bought Chinese instead and let me sleep. :)

How nice of them!

Earlier today my husband was in the kitchen cooking up his famous meatballs and speghetti. At least he's famous in our family for this dish. His meatballs are the best and don't rely on the sauce- they stand on their own. But certainly the sauce makes them better. It's all simmering on our stove right now and it will be hard to wait til dinner time. My house smells amazing!

It's a good thing they stand on their own - there's nothing more disconcerting than to see meatballs having to use crutches to stay on the plate.

:):):):):):)

meatloaf and that mac & cheese recipe you posted...

sloppy joes and waffle fries, and maybe a salad if I get downstairs to spin up the lettuce. (DH is making dinner, while I work on my tax prep list (things I need to gather)).

Crockpot Lasagna and artisan bread :)

nikked said:
meatloaf and that mac & cheese recipe you posted...

OMGoodness! That mac & cheese ROCKED! I'm curious how it would be with evaporated milk (my secret ingredient in mashed potatoes)... gonna try that next time to see if I can cut costs without sacrificing flavor!

bumping...

boatload of chips on the micro chip maker! of course we had hot ham & cheese sandwiches, too....

For tonight's dinner I am craving One Pot Creamy Pasta. I will probably have to make up some pasta with regular sauce for everyone else. Now I just have to find my motivation to make it :).

Hubby wants something Mexican...

We are making buffalo chicken wings and the DCB mac & cheese (DebPC posted in another thread).

This makes the 3rd time we have made the mac & cheese. It is just so easy!!!

Tonight I'm making Quick Turkey Chili in the DCB. We love it and it's so healthy!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
meganmcg
  • crysboo
  • General Chat
Replies