1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: What's for Dinner? October,16

1. Tonite is our busy night...DH working late, DD has cheerleading practice for competition (her team came in 1st place last weekend for the 1st of 3 rounds of competitions to the nationals at Disney in Dec.), DS has plans w/friends so we are having leftovers-chili,chicken,etc.-reheating it all and they can have whatever they prefer!:chef:

2. nene960

nene960 Member

I am making the chicken enchilada ring! My DH and DS will be at a football game so it is my chance to make something he doesnt like lol!

Oct 16, 2009
  3. AJPratt

AJPratt Legend Member Silver Member

I am torn between steaks (buts it raining out) and Rich's Dish. My director's husband (who actually does all the cooking in the house) make this spaghtti sauce with bacon, parmesan cheese, and shrimp over pasta and its amazing. If there is actually a name for it, I don't know it, I've always called it Rich's dish. When I was pregnant he would make it for me all the time.

I would love steaks, but feel bad having Dave out in the rain, so I may do the pasta.

Oct 16, 2009
  4. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Wow Anne - I think I need that recipe! (please!:blushing:)

It's my anniversary and we are going out for dinner! Yippee!

We're trying a restaurant that has been recommended by a lot of different people - hope it's good!

Oct 16, 2009
  5. casescafe

casescafe Member

Bacon Chicken w/Ranch Mashed Potatoes:chef:

Attached Files:

Oct 16, 2009
  6. aslion

aslion Member

I am making Guiness braised Oxtail Ragout that I serve over caramelized garlic mashed potatoes.

Oct 16, 2009
  7. AJPratt

AJPratt Legend Member Silver Member

This makes a pretty big portion, as we use it for a few meals:

28 oz can crushed tomatoes
    28 oz can pureed tomatoes
    3 cloves pressed garlic
    2 tbs sugar
    1/2 small onion
    dash of oregano, basil
    1/2 cup red wine
    6 oz bacon (can cook ahead of time or while working on recipe)
    1 lb shrimp (can cook ahead of time or while working on recipe)
    1 block parmesan cheese
    1 package thin spagehtti.

Grate parmesan cheese. Sautee onions and garlice until golden; add tomato, basil, oregano, wine, sugar. In skillet cooked chopped bacon, scoop into sauce. Then add shrimp to pan, cook until almost done (this is just to prevent overcooking in sauce). Add to sauce. Add 2 cups of parmesan cheese and mix well.

Cook pasta according to directions. When done, scoop pasta directly from stock pot into sauce; do not drain. Mix well. Top with remaining parmesan cheese.

This dish is excellent with sauteed spinach in garlic. Spinach can be mixed into pasta dish as well.

Enjoy! I typed this as I went, so I hope I didn't miss anything.

Oct 16, 2009
  8. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

Couple questions... What size package spaghetti? and What size and kind of shrimp?

Oct 17, 2009
  9. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

bumping... ?

Oct 18, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted