• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's on the Menu for Tonight's Busy Evening?

In summary, Tonite is our busy night. DH working late, DD has cheerleading practice for competition (her team came in 1st place last weekend for the 1st of 3 rounds of competitions to the nationals at Disney in Dec.), DS has plans w/friends so we are having leftovers-chili,chicken,etc.-reheating it all and they can have whatever they prefer!
pamperedbybarbara
Tonite is our busy night...DH working late, DD has cheerleading practice for competition (her team came in 1st place last weekend for the 1st of 3 rounds of competitions to the nationals at Disney in Dec.), DS has plans w/friends so we are having leftovers-chili,chicken,etc.-reheating it all and they can have whatever they prefer!:chef:

I am making the chicken enchilada ring! My DH and DS will be at a football game so it is my chance to make something he doesnt like lol!

I am torn between steaks (buts it raining out) and Rich's Dish. My director's husband (who actually does all the cooking in the house) make this spaghtti sauce with bacon, parmesan cheese, and shrimp over pasta and its amazing. If there is actually a name for it, I don't know it, I've always called it Rich's dish. When I was pregnant he would make it for me all the time.

I would love steaks, but feel bad having Dave out in the rain, so I may do the pasta.

AJPratt said:
I am torn between steaks (buts it raining out) and Rich's Dish. My director's husband (who actually does all the cooking in the house) make this spaghtti sauce with bacon, parmesan cheese, and shrimp over pasta and its amazing. If there is actually a name for it, I don't know it, I've always called it Rich's dish. When I was pregnant he would make it for me all the time.

I would love steaks, but feel bad having Dave out in the rain, so I may do the pasta.

Wow Anne - I think I need that recipe! (please!:blushing:)

It's my anniversary and we are going out for dinner! Yippee!

We're trying a restaurant that has been recommended by a lot of different people - hope it's good!

Bacon Chicken w/Ranch Mashed Potatoes:chef:

Attachments

• Bacon Chicken.doc
    26 KB · Views: 396
I am making Guiness braised Oxtail Ragout that I serve over caramelized garlic mashed potatoes.

This makes a pretty big portion, as we use it for a few meals:

28 oz can crushed tomatoes
28 oz can pureed tomatoes
3 cloves pressed garlic
2 tbs sugar
1/2 small onion
dash of oregano, basil
1/2 cup red wine
6 oz bacon (can cook ahead of time or while working on recipe)
1 lb shrimp (can cook ahead of time or while working on recipe)
1 block parmesan cheese
1 package thin spagehtti.

Grate parmesan cheese. Sautee onions and garlice until golden; add tomato, basil, oregano, wine, sugar. In skillet cooked chopped bacon, scoop into sauce. Then add shrimp to pan, cook until almost done (this is just to prevent overcooking in sauce). Add to sauce. Add 2 cups of parmesan cheese and mix well.

Cook pasta according to directions. When done, scoop pasta directly from stock pot into sauce; do not drain. Mix well. Top with remaining parmesan cheese.

This dish is excellent with sauteed spinach in garlic. Spinach can be mixed into pasta dish as well.

Enjoy! I typed this as I went, so I hope I didn't miss anything.

AJPratt said:
This makes a pretty big portion, as we use it for a few meals:

28 oz can crushed tomatoes
28 oz can pureed tomatoes
3 cloves pressed garlic
2 tbs sugar
1/2 small onion
dash of oregano, basil
1/2 cup red wine
6 oz bacon (can cook ahead of time or while working on recipe)
1 lb shrimp (can cook ahead of time or while working on recipe)
1 block parmesan cheese
1 package thin spagehtti.

Grate parmesan cheese. Sautee onions and garlice until golden; add tomato, basil, oregano, wine, sugar. In skillet cooked chopped bacon, scoop into sauce. Then add shrimp to pan, cook until almost done (this is just to prevent overcooking in sauce). Add to sauce. Add 2 cups of parmesan cheese and mix well.

Cook pasta according to directions. When done, scoop pasta directly from stock pot into sauce; do not drain. Mix well. Top with remaining parmesan cheese.

This dish is excellent with sauteed spinach in garlic. Spinach can be mixed into pasta dish as well.

Enjoy! I typed this as I went, so I hope I didn't miss anything.

Couple questions... What size package spaghetti? and What size and kind of shrimp?

bumping... ?

1. What is the featured recipe for "What's for Dinner? October,16"?

The featured recipe for "What's for Dinner? October,16" is our delicious Butternut Squash and Sage Risotto. It's a perfect autumn dish that is both hearty and flavorful. You can find the full recipe on our website or in our October catalog.

2. Can I substitute any ingredients in the featured recipe?

Yes, you can always substitute ingredients in our recipes to fit your dietary needs or preferences. We recommend using similar ingredients in terms of texture and flavor to achieve the best results. Feel free to get creative and make the recipe your own!

3. How many servings does the featured recipe yield?

The Butternut Squash and Sage Risotto recipe serves 4-6 people, depending on portion size. You can adjust the quantities accordingly if you need to make more or less servings.

4. Are there any other recipes included in "What's for Dinner? October,16"?

Yes, in addition to the featured recipe, "What's for Dinner? October,16" includes 3 more delicious and easy-to-make dinner recipes. These include our Apple and Cheddar Stuffed Chicken, Spaghetti Squash with Meat Sauce, and Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Apples and Sweet Potatoes. You can find all of these recipes in our October catalog or on our website.

5. Can I purchase all the necessary kitchen tools for the featured recipe from Pampered Chef?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a wide range of high-quality kitchen tools and gadgets that can make cooking easier and more efficient. For the Butternut Squash and Sage Risotto recipe, we recommend using our Mix ‘N Chop, Garlic Press, and Nonstick Double Burner Grill Pan. You can purchase these and other kitchen tools from our website or through your local Pampered Chef consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • pamperedbybarbara