1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: What's for Dinner-Oct.19

1. Okay,today is Monday so that means the start of another chaotic week. Between CCD classes, school projects, sports, etc. we are having a chicken and pea dish over rice. It is sooo easy and inexpensive to make and my kids love it! I see the sun has come out of hiding finally here on the eastcoast, so I may be bbqing later this week --:chef::love:woo-hoo!!!

2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I have a busy busy week - 3 shows, a New Consultant Training Meeting to plan for...but today is my day to clean, do laundry, and do some cooking and baking for home.

today I am making a Roast Pork Loin w/ and Apple-Onion Relish, roasted carrots, and Cheesy Potatoes. I'm still working on something for dessert, but I think it may be Pumpkin Bars.

Oct 19, 2009
  3. tmseiling

tmseiling Novice Member

sun, what is that?

Oct 19, 2009
  4. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

Becky, you are my hero! You always serve these elaborate meals for every day life! And you serve dessert! I think that my family might want to adopt you as their mom!
    I think that I'm going to do something with the Kielbasa in the fridge... maybe cook it in the skillet with some beer and brown sugar (makes a nice coating/sauce) but I can't remember if I also add BBQ sauce (it's been a while since I've made it). Not sure for side, maybe brocolli with cheese sauce (from the frozen section) and rice? DH is smack in the middle of harvest so I'm a farm widow right now with 1 kid that'll eat most anything and another that won't eat anything, but I'm soooo tired of chicken nuggest and mac -n- cheese, so she will just have to suffer and eat something she doesn't care for.

Oct 19, 2009
  5. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

No No No!

I do one or two like that a week, to make up for the crap I feed them on show nights! :)

Seriously, tomorrow I have a show, so they'll probably get Chicken Apple Sausages and Mac & Cheese (from a box)

And the dessert is also for lunches and snacks for the week. I have a DH who had a HUGE sweet tooth, and if I don't bake him something, he starts eating my chocolate chips and other baking stuff, and then I don't have it when I need it.
    I got home from a show the other night, and he and DS had polished off half a tub of chocolate fudge frosting on graham crackers....:rolleyes:

Oct 19, 2009
  6. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

Well, that makes me feel a little better! Thanks!!! You still make good meals though!

Oct 19, 2009
  7. susanr613

susanr613 Senior Member Gold Member

I need to spoil myself and eat from the freezer/pantry, so I'm making Mexican Chicken Lasagna and trying smooth green salsa instead of enchilada sauce. I might scrounge around and try to put something chocolate together with unfinished bags of chocolate chips and cocoa powder.

Oct 19, 2009
  8. taterbug

taterbug Member

I have a crockpot of green beans and smoked sausage cooking. Will make some mac n cheese, cornbread and maybe fresh corn to go along with it.

Oct 19, 2009
  9. lcucinella

lcucinella Member Gold Member

This weekend started our 1st cold spurt of the fall season so we are having homemade vegetable soup. YUMMY!:chef:

Oct 19, 2009
  10. Lisa/ChefBear

Lisa/ChefBear Veteran Member Gold Member

Panini's with Leftover Goohey Mini Cakes, yes there are still a few left, lol.

Tomorrow I'm making either BBQ Pork Chops or Pork Chops with Stuffing and Potatoes. Not sure which.

I've got one with strep throat and don't want to really bother, as I'm not feeling best either, but we'll make do.

Lisa

11. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Ravioli Skillet Dinner--yum!

Oct 19, 2009
  12. PamperedChefLayla

PamperedChefLayla Member Gold Member

Tonight we are having fish taco's yum

13. Tonight I tried for the first time the Jamacian Jerk Rub on chicken breasts and baked in the oven. It was very good. We also had rice cooked in the Rice Cooker, and frozen corn cooked in the microcooker. Very, very simple, but a great combo.

Oct 19, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted