• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy and Inexpensive Chicken and Pea Dish for Busy Weeknights

Becky, you are my hero! You always serve these elaborate meals for every day life! And you serve dessert! I think that my family might want to adopt you as their mom! I think that I'm going to do something with the Kielbasa in the fridge... maybe cook it in the skillet with some beer and brown sugar (makes a nice coating/sauce) but I can't remember if I also add BBQ sauce (it's been a while since I've made it). Not sure for side, maybe brocolli with cheese sauce (from the frozen section) and rice? DH is smack in the middle of harvest so I'm a farm widow right now with
pamperedbybarbara
Okay,today is Monday so that means the start of another chaotic week. Between CCD classes, school projects, sports, etc. we are having a chicken and pea dish over rice. It is sooo easy and inexpensive to make and my kids love it! I see the sun has come out of hiding finally here on the eastcoast, so I may be bbqing later this week --:chef::love:woo-hoo!!!

I have a busy busy week - 3 shows, a New Consultant Training Meeting to plan for...but today is my day to clean, do laundry, and do some cooking and baking for home.

today I am making a Roast Pork Loin w/ and Apple-Onion Relish, roasted carrots, and Cheesy Potatoes. I'm still working on something for dessert, but I think it may be Pumpkin Bars.

sun, what is that?

ChefBeckyD said:
I have a busy busy week - 3 shows, a New Consultant Training Meeting to plan for...but today is my day to clean, do laundry, and do some cooking and baking for home.

today I am making a Roast Pork Loin w/ and Apple-Onion Relish, roasted carrots, and Cheesy Potatoes. I'm still working on something for dessert, but I think it may be Pumpkin Bars.

Becky, you are my hero! You always serve these elaborate meals for every day life! And you serve dessert! I think that my family might want to adopt you as their mom!
I think that I'm going to do something with the Kielbasa in the fridge... maybe cook it in the skillet with some beer and brown sugar (makes a nice coating/sauce) but I can't remember if I also add BBQ sauce (it's been a while since I've made it). Not sure for side, maybe brocolli with cheese sauce (from the frozen section) and rice? DH is smack in the middle of harvest so I'm a farm widow right now with 1 kid that'll eat most anything and another that won't eat anything, but I'm soooo tired of chicken nuggest and mac -n- cheese, so she will just have to suffer and eat something she doesn't care for.

ChefPaulaB said:
Becky, you are my hero! You always serve these elaborate meals for every day life! And you serve dessert! I think that my family might want to adopt you as their mom!
I think that I'm going to do something with the Kielbasa in the fridge... maybe cook it in the skillet with some beer and brown sugar (makes a nice coating/sauce) but I can't remember if I also add BBQ sauce (it's been a while since I've made it). Not sure for side, maybe brocolli with cheese sauce (from the frozen section) and rice? DH is smack in the middle of harvest so I'm a farm widow right now with 1 kid that'll eat most anything and another that won't eat anything, but I'm soooo tired of chicken nuggest and mac -n- cheese, so she will just have to suffer and eat something she doesn't care for.
No No No!I do one or two like that a week, to make up for the crap I feed them on show nights! :)Seriously, tomorrow I have a show, so they'll probably get Chicken Apple Sausages and Mac & Cheese (from a box)And the dessert is also for lunches and snacks for the week. I have a DH who had a HUGE sweet tooth, and if I don't bake him something, he starts eating my chocolate chips and other baking stuff, and then I don't have it when I need it.
I got home from a show the other night, and he and DS had polished off half a tub of chocolate fudge frosting on graham crackers....:rolleyes:

ChefBeckyD said:
No No No!

I do one or two like that a week, to make up for the crap I feed them on show nights! :)

Seriously, tomorrow I have a show, so they'll probably get Chicken Apple Sausages and Mac & Cheese (from a box)

And the dessert is also for lunches and snacks for the week. I have a DH who had a HUGE sweet tooth, and if I don't bake him something, he starts eating my chocolate chips and other baking stuff, and then I don't have it when I need it.
I got home from a show the other night, and he and DS had polished off half a tub of chocolate fudge frosting on graham crackers....:rolleyes:

Well, that makes me feel a little better! Thanks!!! You still make good meals though!

I need to spoil myself and eat from the freezer/pantry, so I'm making Mexican Chicken Lasagna and trying smooth green salsa instead of enchilada sauce. I might scrounge around and try to put something chocolate together with unfinished bags of chocolate chips and cocoa powder.

I have a crockpot of green beans and smoked sausage cooking. Will make some mac n cheese, cornbread and maybe fresh corn to go along with it.

This weekend started our 1st cold spurt of the fall season so we are having homemade vegetable soup. YUMMY!:chef:

Panini's with Leftover Goohey Mini Cakes, yes there are still a few left, lol.

Tomorrow I'm making either BBQ Pork Chops or Pork Chops with Stuffing and Potatoes. Not sure which.

I've got one with strep throat and don't want to really bother, as I'm not feeling best either, but we'll make do.

Lisa

Ravioli Skillet Dinner--yum!

Tonight I tried for the first time the Jamacian Jerk Rub on chicken breasts and baked in the oven. It was very good. We also had rice cooked in the Rice Cooker, and frozen corn cooked in the microcooker. Very, very simple, but a great combo.

What recipes are included in the "What's for Dinner-Oct.19" collection?

The "What's for Dinner-Oct.19" collection includes 5 delicious and easy recipes: Southwest Chicken Skillet, Pork Tenderloin with Apple Cider Glaze, Creamy Tomato and Spinach Tortellini, Honey Garlic Salmon, and Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry.

Are the recipes in the "What's for Dinner-Oct.19" collection suitable for any dietary restrictions?

Yes, the "What's for Dinner-Oct.19" collection includes a variety of recipes that are suitable for different dietary restrictions, such as gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian. Each recipe also includes a list of allergens and nutritional information.

Do the recipes in the "What's for Dinner-Oct.19" collection require any special equipment?

No, the recipes in the "What's for Dinner-Oct.19" collection can be made using basic kitchen equipment that most people already have, such as a skillet, pot, and baking sheet. Some recipes may require a blender or food processor, but alternatives are provided in the instructions.

How many servings do the recipes in the "What's for Dinner-Oct.19" collection make?

The recipes in the "What's for Dinner-Oct.19" collection are designed to make 4 servings each. However, the recipe can easily be doubled or halved to accommodate different serving sizes.

Can I customize the recipes in the "What's for Dinner-Oct.19" collection to my taste preferences?

Yes, the recipes in the "What's for Dinner-Oct.19" collection can be easily customized to suit your taste preferences. You can adjust the level of spiciness, substitute ingredients, or add extra seasonings to make the recipes your own.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Chef Kearns
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rennea
  • The_Kitchen_Guy