• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's on the Menu Tonight? (May 23rd) Seeking Inspiration for Dinner!

In summary, many people are making pizza at home for dinner. For those traveling, the Cracker Barrell is a great place to stop for a bite to eat. One person is making a Benadryl and Zyrtec hotdish, while another is making homemade pizzas with their grandchild. Allergy sufferers may need to take extra precautions before going on a motorcycle ride.
rennea
Gold Member
Starting our daily thread for inspirations. I haven't decided yet today.

I know that brownies are for dessert:chef:

I'm making the Turkey Gyros from the 29 Minutes or Less cookbook(I think that's the name - I don't have it anymore!).
Anyone done these?

My kids will be having pizza since I am doing a pizza party for soccer. I will hopefully be going to an appreciation dinner. And who knows about DH. Probably left over pizza if there is any.

We are leaving late this afternoon to drive 5 1/2 hours to my husbands brothers house(Oakland IL). So I am guessing we will be stopping along the way for a bite to eat. It will probably be Springfield when we stop. Any great places to eat?

Garden Ranch pizza. Maybe adding some chicken to it.

PCSarahjm said:
We are leaving late this afternoon to drive 5 1/2 hours to my husbands brothers house(Oakland IL). So I am guessing we will be stopping along the way for a bite to eat. It will probably be Springfield when we stop. Any great places to eat?

Will you be on 55 or 72? That will kind of make a difference. If you're traveling with kids, you probably won't want to go out of the way.

Most likely we will have pizza, I do not cook on Fridays!!

Not sure yet, something quick and easy because I have a show tonight! I think I'll make something with chicken. Not sure what though, any good ideas for quick and easy with chicken? It has to be without too many veggies, and kid friendly.

I am thinking taco ring, my family loves it and it is quick and easy. I have a show tomorrow and need to get ready for that.

If it's Friday, that means it's Pizza Night. I'm making pizza dough right now in my bread machine and then I'm doing up some gourmet pizzas. Garlic and artichoke
Strawberry Basil
Barbecue chicken

Looks like Friday is Pizza night for a lot of families! :D YUM!

crystalscookingnow said:
Will you be on 55 or 72? That will kind of make a difference. If you're traveling with kids, you probably won't want to go out of the way.

I believe it will be 72

Last edited:
PCSarahjm said:

The Cracker Barrell- good country food, and affordable! Mmmmmm

Hmmmm, not sureI think I'll have a Benadryl and Zyrtec hotdish for supper tonight followed by a double portion of kleenex and finished off with some vaseline for my raw little nose.

I despise allergies! And even with the new medication, which does work really well mind you- I still need the benadryl for the itchy eyes. It's like those eyes are DETERMINED to itch no matter what and they are fighting like a vengence to break through the allergy meds.

I wanted to go on a motorcycle (from here on out I'm calling it a Ride or a bike ride) ride with DH today, but if my nose doesn't stop dripping I won't be able to. Normallly on our rides we stop at a small cafe or something and get a bite and it's in between dinner and lunch- so then I don't have to cook when I get home! :)

Homemade pizza... cheese and meat lovers. This is the first time my 4yr grandson will be helping me. Should be FUN

BTW, I use electric stove burner covers to make the pizzas in. They are small and that way everyone get their own individual pizza. Works great.

Last edited:
cwinter474 said:
Homemade pizza... cheese and meat lovers. This is the first time my 4yr grandson will be helping me. Should be FUN

What a cute little cowboy you have there!:)

Kitchen Diva said:
I think I'll have a Benadryl and Zyrtec hotdish for supper tonight followed by a double portion of kleenex and finished off with some vaseline for my raw little nose.

I despise allergies! And even with the new medication, which does work really well mind you- I still need the benadryl for the itchy eyes. It's like those eyes are DETERMINED to itch no matter what and they are fighting like a vengence to break through the allergy meds.

I wanted to go on a motorcycle (from here on out I'm calling it a Ride or a bike ride) ride with DH today, but if my nose doesn't stop dripping I won't be able to. Normallly on our rides we stop at a small cafe or something and get a bite and it's in between dinner and lunch- so then I don't have to cook when I get home! :)

Flonase - you need Flonase!!!! (Not addictive like the stuff Jean was on...)...

We are taking a drive (on $4.19 a gallon gas!) to go look at a camper for sale. I think we will stop and get something to eat while we are out - now that Kacey mentioned Cracker Barrel - that sounds like a good idea. They have a great menu with something for everyone.:thumbup:

I've decided on BLT fresh baked buns with smashed potato soup.

Still brownies for dessert!!

PCSarahjm said:
I believe it will be 72

The first exit for Springfield doesn't look like much, but it's an easier way to get to these places:

Bella Milano (Italian - very expensive for dinner)
Culver's
Buffalo Wild Wings

The next overpass you will see is for Route 4. There are tons of restaurants there. Let's see.

Right near the highway interchange -

To the south:
Steak N Shake
O' Charley's
Bob Evans
Monicals (pizza - good, but expensive!)

To the north:
Baker's Square
Perkin's
McDonald's
Corky's BBQ (pork)

A little farther north:
Pasta House
Arby's
Panera Bread
Denny's
Panda Express
Popeye's
Olive Garden
Chili's
Lone Star
Burger King
Old Country Buffet (in a strip mall)

Do ya want more? LOL

If you skip the Route 4 intersection, you'll merge with I-55. (Skip the 6th street stuff, major construction & you'll have trouble getting back to the highway).

On around on 55, there's tons more choices.

Outback
Red Lobster
Smokey Bones BBQ
Cheddar's

I agree with Kacey about Cracker Barrel, but that's the opposite direction that you're going.

janetupnorth said:
Flonase - you need Flonase!!!! (Not addictive like the stuff Jean was on...)...

WellI have to go to the doctor for that! UGH!!!!!

crystalscookingnow said:
The first exit for Springfield doesn't look like much, but it's an easier way to get to these places:

Bella Milano (Italian - very expensive for dinner)
Culver's
Buffalo Wild Wings

The next overpass you will see is for Route 4. There are tons of restaurants there. Let's see.

Right near the highway interchange -

To the south:
Steak N Shake
O' Charley's
Bob Evans
Monicals (pizza - good, but expensive!)

To the north:
Baker's Square
Perkin's
McDonald's
Corky's BBQ (pork)

A little farther north:
Pasta House
Arby's
Panera Bread
Denny's
Panda Express
Popeye's
Olive Garden
Chili's
Lone Star
Burger King
Old Country Buffet (in a strip mall)

Do ya want more? LOL

If you skip the Route 4 intersection, you'll merge with I-55. (Skip the 6th street stuff, major construction & you'll have trouble getting back to the highway).

On around on 55, there's tons more choices.

Outback
Red Lobster
Smokey Bones BBQ
Cheddar's

I agree with Kacey about Cracker Barrel, but that's the opposite direction that you're going.

There's just something wrong about a city that only has a Cracker Barrell in the opposite direction you are going! :) LOl

We used to have about 6 of them in the cities here, and they closed every one down except one- on the very southern part of the Twin Cities.

Last night I had BLT's...something I never think about, but my fam loves!

we had blts on monday with avocado slices

Teresa Lynn said:
we had blts on monday with avocado slices

Sounds good, to bad I don't have any avocados! Next time.

Friday's we usually get take out but I have been trying to cut back on take out and cook at home. Cheaper:thumbup:

Is there anyone who has a set menu? My mother did the same thing:

Monday:Roast (so over done you could choke on it)
Tuesday: Hamburger (usually meatloaf)
Wednesday:pasta (KD HA HA)
Thursday: Bacon & Eggs
Friday: McDonalds (Big spenders)
Saturday: Fend for yourself
Sunday: Fend for yourself
I hated it!!! I guess that's how I learned to cook, what else is a 7 year old to do on the weekends:eek:

Every Sunday we have "Sunday roast" which to us just means something done in the oven:p But generally I change it up through out the week.

DH wants red clam sauce with linguine. He's been wanting it since Monday (since he works 3 hours away and comes home only on weekends) that was his request for tonight.

Since I don't eat that...I will probably make a weight watcher meal. How exciting! Tomorrow and Monday we will have our couples BBQ! Just the two of us!

that sounds like our house during dance season. I'm so glad its over for the year until Aug.
Monday pizza (its across from the studio)
Tuesday pizza (same place)
Wed I cook or we eat somewhere as a family
thur pizza (ditto)
Friday mexican food out
sat something grilled or dinner with friends
Sun fend for yourself

Baby Back Ribs on the grill tonight with Roasted Red Potato Salad and I don't know what green veggie yet.

pamperedlinda said:
Baby Back Ribs on the grill tonight with Roasted Red Potato Salad and I don't know what green veggie yet.

Oooo, that sounds good.

I think we're having hot dogs on the grill with home made potato salad. Can I have your recipe for roasted potato salad, Linda? Yours sounds good. I normally only use red potatos for potato salad because it holds up so well and doesn't get grainy or mushy...

I could go for a different style- We will probably skip the green veggies and go straight for the baked beans! :)
Oh, and my boxes of tea came today (I ordered more tea bags from SC) so we'll be indulging on Sweet Tea...I think I need to try it with raspberries...

pamperedlinda said:

Linda - that sounds like a CELEBRATION dinner to me!:thumbup:

It's my DH's B-day today (and my DS preschool graduation day), so we are going to Applebee's for dinner tonight.

Kitchen Diva said:
[/B]

......... Can I have your recipe for roasted potato salad, Linda? Yours sounds good. ...
I got this from a neighbor and it is very good.

3 pounds red potatoes - cut in large chunks, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt. Roast them in the oven on the large bar pan for @ 20 mins at 375-400 (I take them out when they are lightly bown and fork tender)

1/2 cup sliced green onions
3-4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or more :))
1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled (or more :))

toss together with cooked potatoes

dressing: 3/4 cup mayo & 1/4 cup prepared horseraddish. Gently mix into veggies. Serve room temperature.

I usually have this ready @ an hour before we are ready to eat and just lte it sit on the counter - yummo!

pamperedlinda said:
I got this from a neighbor and it is very good.

3 pounds red potatoes - cut in large chunks, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt. Roast them in the oven on the large bar pan for @ 20 mins at 375-400 (I take them out when they are lightly bown and fork tender)

1/2 cup sliced green onions
3-4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or more :))
1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled (or more :))

toss together with cooked potatoes

dressing: 3/4 cup mayo & 1/4 cup prepared horseraddish. Gently mix into veggies. Serve room temperature.
I usually have this ready @ an hour before we are ready to eat and just lte it sit on the counter - yummo!

Linda- I have never cared for horseraddish, can I just put in a cup of Mayo?

Kitchen Diva said:
Linda- I have never cared for horseraddish, can I just put in a cup of Mayo?
Sure you can, but the horseraddish adds a nice little zip and you really don't taste it. I've also seen variations if this recipe that use sour cream.

ChefBeckyD said:
Linda - that sounds like a CELEBRATION dinner to me!:thumbup:
Sure is. Our anniversary was earlier this week and we didn't do anything so we're having a bottle of wine to go with dinner - Toasted Head Cabernet to be exact. Oh yeah, we're also celebrating my new (impending) 'status'!

pamperedlinda said:
Sure you can, but the horseraddish adds a nice little zip and you really don't taste it. I've also seen variations if this recipe that use sour cream.
Thanks, Linda! I'll try sour cream!

I know what ya mean about not wanting to do anything for your anniversary. DH and I were married on Leap Day and we actually had a REAL anniversary this year (#12)- except my sister had just moved in, and we just didn't have the mojo to get out of the house and do anything- we were going to get away for the weekend, and go to our favorite (expensive) Steak House for dinner. We only eat there on our anniversary.

I think once we both find jobs, we'll have to celebrate it- we didn't even get eachother a card or gift, or anything. Man how stinky is that...

So Happy Belated Anniversary Linda- and congrats on the Director thing, too!

We're doing shish-kabobs tonight. Chicken, steak, bell peppers, onions, zukes, shrooms, with a side of wild rice.

Well now that DH & I are buying a new truck today it is most likely another day out to eat!:rolleyes:

New Truck: $30K
Dinner out (the last supper! ha ha) $40

Happy Hubby: Priceless!

jbdowd0798 said:
Well now that DH & I are buying a new truck today it is most likely another day out to eat!:rolleyes:

New Truck: $30K
Dinner out (the last supper! ha ha) $40

Happy Hubby: Priceless!

Very fun - congrats on the new truck!

Kitchen Diva said:
The Cracker Barrell- good country food, and affordable! Mmmmmm

OMG.... I {puffy heart} Cracker Barrell!!!!!!!!! When I lived in NC I tok my mom there all the time!

DH is away, so I'm getting to make things I like. :) Tonight I'm roasting a mix of baby portobello mushrooms, shallots, garlic, and rosemary (ours, of course). Yummy for me. :)

pamperedlinda said:

Okay, since I'm so drugged up on allergy med's I didn't quite follow the recipe- so I boiled the potatoes instead, and put them in an ice bath to cool them, I did add sour cream instead of horseradish, and I added some packaged bacon pieces (real stuff, don't panic) and the onion, and a little bit of mustard, and egg and it's quite yummy!

When I have more time, I'll roast the tato's and make some bacon and let you know how it turns out. :) Thanks for the recipe!

Kitchen Diva said:
Okay, since I'm so drugged up on allergy med's I didn't quite follow the recipe- so I boiled the potatoes instead, and put them in an ice bath to cool them, I did add sour cream instead of horseradish, and I added some packaged bacon pieces (real stuff, don't panic) and the onion, and a little bit of mustard, and egg and it's quite yummy!

When I have more time, I'll roast the tato's and make some bacon and let you know how it turns out. :) Thanks for the recipe!
So what you're saying is that you made a completely different recipe?

pamperedlinda said:
So what you're saying is that you made a completely different recipe?

Um, sort of.:eek:

Kitchen Diva said:
Um, sort of.:eek:
That's okay, I'm sure your 'variation' will be good - but not nearly as good as mine! :chef:

LOL - your changes sound good, though, Kacey (and Linda, I copied yours - I'm going to make it on Monday). That reminds me of the reviews on allrecipes.com. Someone will completely obliterate a recipe by changing ALL the ingredients, and then rate it as one star because it's gross. Every time I read that type of review I want to shout, "Only rate the recipe if you followed the recipe exactly!"

Then go make your changes and write your own darn recipe :).

pamperedlinda said:
That's okay, I'm sure your 'variation' will be good - but not nearly as good as mine! :chef:
I know it won't be as good as yours. But I totally forgot about the cheese and didn't want to heat up the house by using the oven and didn't want to dirty another skillet to make the bacon, so I varied things slighty! :)

legacypc46 said:
DH is away, so I'm getting to make things I like. :) Tonight I'm roasting a mix of baby portobello mushrooms, shallots, garlic, and rosemary (ours, of course). Yummy for me. :)

Sounds yummy!:chef:

rennea said:
Sounds yummy!:chef:

Yeah, I was thinking, "Why can't she live closer to me and come cook..."

<h2>1. What is on the menu tonight?</h2><p>As a Pampered Chef consultant, I cannot provide a specific menu for tonight. However, I can suggest some delicious and easy recipes for you to try.</p><h2>2. Do you have any suggestions for dinner inspiration?</h2><p>Absolutely! Pampered Chef offers a variety of recipes for all types of meals, from quick weeknight dinners to fancy weekend meals. You can also check out our website for inspiration and tips on meal planning.</p><h2>3. I'm having trouble deciding what to make for dinner tonight. Can you help?</h2><p>Of course! Our website has a "Recipe Finder" feature where you can filter recipes by ingredients, dietary restrictions, and meal type to find the perfect dish for you.</p><h2>4. Is there a specific dish I should make for tonight's dinner?</h2><p>I cannot recommend a specific dish, as everyone's tastes and preferences are different. However, our website has a "Top-Rated Recipes" section where you can browse popular recipes and see which ones appeal to you.</p><h2>5. Can you suggest a dessert for tonight's dinner?</h2><p>As a Pampered Chef consultant, I highly recommend our delicious and easy-to-make brownie mix for dessert. It's a crowd-pleaser and perfect for any occasion.</p>

1. What is on the menu tonight?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I cannot provide a specific menu for tonight. However, I can suggest some delicious and easy recipes for you to try.

2. Do you have any suggestions for dinner inspiration?

Absolutely! Pampered Chef offers a variety of recipes for all types of meals, from quick weeknight dinners to fancy weekend meals. You can also check out our website for inspiration and tips on meal planning.

3. I'm having trouble deciding what to make for dinner tonight. Can you help?

Of course! Our website has a "Recipe Finder" feature where you can filter recipes by ingredients, dietary restrictions, and meal type to find the perfect dish for you.

4. Is there a specific dish I should make for tonight's dinner?

I cannot recommend a specific dish, as everyone's tastes and preferences are different. However, our website has a "Top-Rated Recipes" section where you can browse popular recipes and see which ones appeal to you.

5. Can you suggest a dessert for tonight's dinner?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I highly recommend our delicious and easy-to-make brownie mix for dessert. It's a crowd-pleaser and perfect for any occasion.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
Replies
Views
merego
  • rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies