1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: What's for Dinner? (May 28)

1. rennea

rennea Legacy Member Gold Member

Tonight for dinner is Angel hair pasta in a cheese sauce and Spinach and strawberry salad. :chef:

May 28, 2009
  2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

LOL - must be Pasta Day!

Actually, it's a dark, cool day here - so I am making a Spaghetti Casserole that the guys love. I have a show tonight, and this is easy to throw together.

May 28, 2009
  3. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

I've got a corned beef in the crock pot. DH will be stopping at Costco on his way home from work and picking up bagels. Then I'll have leftover beef for sandwiches, since I have a 3-day vendor event this weekend. :)

May 28, 2009
  4. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

I have a Women's Club meeting tonight, so I was thinking about Spaghetti, what is your casserole recipe, maybe I'll copy you!

May 28, 2009
  5. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

I spent all morning and early afternoon working on 4 raised garden beds (2 are 4'x8' and 2 are 3'x6'). We pulled out the mulch, loosened the dirt, and then I hauled over 31 cu ft of dirt (in 29 bags) to fill two of the beds in. I'm going upstairs to die now..>I mean shower! Hubby said we could go out for Mexican tonight. Gee- thanks hun! :D I may even get a drink!

May 28, 2009
  6. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

It's my MIL's recipe - a Dutch family favorite. :D

8 ounce of spaghetti - cooked
    2/3 lb (I just do the whole thing) of ground beef, cooked with 1/4 cup minced onion, and 1/4 cup minced green pepper (I use red - and double the onion and pepper)
    1 can tomato soup
    1 jar spaghetti sauce
    1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (MIL uses the stuff in the green can - I use the real stuff!)
    2 tbls. sugar

Mix this all together and place in an oiled casserole dish (I use the Oval Stone) then cover with 1-2 cups of shredded cheddar or co-jack cheese.

Bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes. I cover it the first 20 minutes so that the cheese doesn't get too crusty...or I guess you could wait and add the cheese towards the end.

May 28, 2009
  7. Bren706

Bren706 Senior Member Gold Member

I ended up having my hubby make the hot dogs last night, so today is:

pork tenderloin
    brocoli salad
    sliced potatoes

May 28, 2009
  8. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

Thanks Becky, sounds similar to what I usually do, just a couple variations... I'll try yours and see if anyone notices the difference.

May 28, 2009
  9. AnnieBee

AnnieBee Veteran Member Gold Member

Ah, those wonderful Dutch casseroles!

We're having 30-min chicken with couscous, roasted asparagus and some other veggie, TBD!

May 28, 2009
  10. janetupnorth

janetupnorth Legend Member Gold Member

Don't know - I'll be at church all night for meetings...DH will have to fend for himself. I'm guessing they'll have burgers/hot dogs.

May 28, 2009
  11. DessertDivaFL

DessertDivaFL Veteran Member Gold Member

Roast beef in the oven (Rectagular Baker), mashed potatoes and a veggie.

12. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Stromboli tonight.

May 28, 2009
  13. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

Spaghetti and Meatballs by popular demand and a caesar salad....nice and easy

Have something to add?