• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Can I Make with Chicken and Veggies for Dinner Tonight?

In summary, the conversation included various meal ideas and plans, such as chicken quesadillas, calamari with linguine, cheeseburger salad, sundried tomato and sausage risotto, pork tenderloin with broccoli salad and roasted potatoes, 30 minute chicken with garlic biscuit bites, tortilla soup with drunken beans, queso, guacamole, and fajitas, and Hawaiian chicken with rice and steamed veggies. The conversation also included discussions about steak night, the challenges of cooking for a large family, and a recipe for drunken beans.
rennea
Gold Member
Tonight we are having chicken, I just need to decide what to do with it. We have a ton of veggies in the house so we will have salad.

Chicken Quesadillas tonight!

Whatever the hubby is making! :)

Calamari in a red fish sauce over linguine....probably will whip up garlic bites to go with....

pamperedbybarbara said:
Calamari in a red fish sauce over linguine....probably will whip up garlic bites to go with....

YUM!!!!!!!!!!!

We are going to check out the Cheeseburger Salad

Hubby and I LOVE the cheeseburger salad! We are having sundried tomato & sausage risotto.

meganmcg said:
Hubby and I LOVE the cheeseburger salad! We are having sundried tomato & sausage risotto.

Hey Megan, I am feeding this to myself and three men/boys with HUGE appetites. Do you think this is filling enough or should I add something?

I am hoping to make pork tenderloin (either on the grill, or sliced up and pan fry it with some seasonings) with broccoli salad, and some roasted potatoes.

I have been in bed most of the day, with nauseau (sp?) and light headedness, and just feeling tired, so plans may change to hot dogs or something else that is readily available for DH to make.

I'm practicing for my power cooking workshop, so I'm making the 30 min. chicken for dinner w/ garlic biscuit bites, while preparing and then freezing the other meals. I'm giving them away to my next door neighbor who is pregnant and due to move soon as well.

Wednesday is steak night at our house. :) So, steak and mashed potatoes, with a hot veg and a little salad.

ButterflyVioletta said:
Hey Megan, I am feeding this to myself and three men/boys with HUGE appetites. Do you think this is filling enough or should I add something?

Hey Michelle! You will probably want to double recipe or make something like biscuit bites to go along with. It is filling but the 3/4# only makes about 3 adult servings (considering the husbands for one "larger" serving). I haven't made the croutons that go with the recipe, that could help stretch it out some as well.

tortilla soup, drunken beans, queso, guacamole & fajitas

chefann said:
Wednesday is steak night at our house. :) So, steak and mashed potatoes, with a hot veg and a little salad.

Wow! :love: You have "Steak Night" We have that maybe once a month in the summer! You get it every week! How lucky are you!!! I don't know what we're having... DS has his spring program/preschool graduation tonight, so maybe I should get off the computer and go and make dinner and get everyone ready!:eek:

Teresa Lynn said:
tortilla soup, drunken beans, queso, guacamole & fajitas

What are drunken beans?

ChefPaulaB said:
Wow! :love: You have "Steak Night" We have that maybe once a month in the summer! You get it every week! How lucky are you!!! I don't know what we're having... DS has his spring program/preschool graduation tonight, so maybe I should get off the computer and go and make dinner and get everyone ready!:eek:

There's only 2 of us, so it's not a huge splurge. Especially because I buy the whole untrimmed beef tenderloin at Costco and cut it myself. I cut the steaks a little thinner than DH would prefer, but they're about 3-4 ounces each. And I know it's at least one meal a week that DH will be happy with.

Trying the Hawaiian Chicken in the microwave (will report on it's results in the Deep Covered Baker Recipes thread later...others "want to know!") over rice, and probably some quick simple steamed veggie. (I'm in the middle of coring 40 lbs of strawberries so trying to keep it simple!!) Probably will throw a french loaf in the oven too just to 'round it out'. Not messing with a salad. And we have leftover Pineapple Torte (or strawberries!) for dessert :D

meganmcg said:
Hey Michelle! You will probably want to double recipe or make something like biscuit bites to go along with. It is filling but the 3/4# only makes about 3 adult servings (considering the husbands for one "larger" serving). I haven't made the croutons that go with the recipe, that could help stretch it out some as well.

Thanks, Megan that was the perfect call to double. It was just the right amount and I dug some curly fries out of the freezer to serve with. Boy was I popular! (I also decided I'd rather poke my eye out than go to the grocery store just for things to make croutons with so we omitted that part.

The baby was clearly annoyed though being made to eat mushed green beans while everyone ate cheeseburger salad :D

drunken beans1 pound pinto beans washed and picked thru1 large onion diced2 jalepenos diced1 bunch fresh cilantro snipped4 cloves garlic crushed1 tbsp salt1 pound salt pork3 cans chicken broth1 jar green salsa2 tsps cumin1 bottle beer1 can stewed or diced tomatoesDump the beans in a large stockpot.Add beer, broth and enough water to cover with about 2" of liquid.Bring to a boil add salt porkboil for 1 houradd remaining ingredients cook until tenderafter they are cooked if you prefer refried beans use a slotted spoon and add them to a large hot skillet mash with a potato masher heat thoroughl

Teresa Lynn said:
drunken beans

1 pound pinto beans washed and picked thru

1 large onion diced

2 jalepenos diced

1 bunch fresh cilantro snipped

4 cloves garlic crushed

1 tbsp salt

1 pound salt pork

3 cans chicken broth

1 jar green salsa

2 tsps cumin

1 bottle beer

1 can stewed or diced tomatoes

Dump the beans in a large stockpot.

Add beer, broth and enough water to cover with about 2" of liquid

.Bring to a boil add salt pork

boil for 1 hour

add remaining ingredients cook until tender

after they are cooked if you prefer refried beans use a slotted spoon and add them to a large hot skillet mash with a potato masher heat thoroughl

Thanks for the recipe, they sound good, will have to try them out!

ButterflyVioletta said:
Thanks, Megan that was the perfect call to double. It was just the right amount and I dug some curly fries out of the freezer to serve with. Boy was I popular! (I also decided I'd rather poke my eye out than go to the grocery store just for things to make croutons with so we omitted that part.

The baby was clearly annoyed though being made to eat mushed green beans while everyone ate cheeseburger salad :D

I'm picturing the baby glaring at you all and thinking of spitting out those green beans! LOL Hope he (or she!) gets some teeth soon :)

thanks you gave me an idea for dinner tonight.....I'm new to this thing and I love all the ideas I'm getting...
Thanks,

1. What is the featured recipe for "What's for Dinner?" on May 27?

The featured recipe for May 27 is the Grilled Chicken and Veggie Kebabs. It's a delicious and easy-to-make dish perfect for summer!

2. Is there a vegetarian option for "What's for Dinner?" on May 27?

Yes, the featured recipe can easily be made vegetarian by substituting tofu or extra vegetables for the chicken on the kebabs.

3. Can I make any substitutions for ingredients in the featured recipe?

Of course! Our recipes are versatile and can be adapted to fit your dietary needs and taste preferences. Feel free to substitute different vegetables or protein options for the kebabs.

4. How long does it take to prepare the featured recipe for "What's for Dinner?" on May 27?

The Grilled Chicken and Veggie Kebabs can be prepared in just 30 minutes, making it the perfect weeknight dinner option.

5. Are there any special tools or equipment needed to make the featured recipe?

You will need skewers for the Grilled Chicken and Veggie Kebabs, but if you don't have them, you can also use a grill basket or simply cook the ingredients on a grill pan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies