• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are You Cooking for Dinner Tonight?

In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and saute the onion and bell pepper until tender. Stir in the flour, salt, and pepper, then gradually mix in the milk and wine. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in the crabmeat, parsley, and Parmesan cheese. Spoon the mixture evenly over the fillets.4. Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the topping is golden brown and the fish flakes easily with a fork.In summary, Several people are sharing what they are making for dinner. Recipes for fish dishes like whitefish baked scampi style and
Sounds wonderful! :D Thanks! I'm really not nervous about doing this. I know that the reason I'm going is a good one & that it will be helping a lot of women & children.

I just hope I don't get slashed tires or something worse while I'm out & about!! :D

I'll pray protection for your property and possessions, too!

crystalscookingnow said:
Sounds wonderful! :D Thanks! I'm really not nervous about doing this. I know that the reason I'm going is a good one & that it will be helping a lot of women & children.

I just hope I don't get slashed tires or something worse while I'm out & about!! :D

Why don't you get a ride or take a cab or something?

Kitchen Diva said:
Too funny. I'd have to say that Oatmeal Raisin is my most favorite, and I don't like chocolate in them. I actually substitute craisins for the raisins and some times put in white chocolate chips- that's a yummy version of an old favorite.

I also like lemon glazed sugar cookies- if I can find a recipe that fits what I think they should taste and look like in my head, I'd make them

Speaking of cookies, does anyone have that cookie recipe made with a cakemix? I have a white cakemix sitting around and would love to use it for something other than cake.

Not handy, but my grandma always used to make jello cookies...

janetupnorth said:
We tried these at Christmas, because everyone was talking about them on here - I thought they'd be good from the way everyone talked, but... - YUCK!:yuck: None of us liked them, and I had to throw them out.

I used lime and cherry jello - for green and red cookies, but maybe those were the wrong flavors to use?

crystalscookingnow said:
Speaking of the mafia... ;) Can anyone arrange for me to be protected this afternoon? I have to testify against someone whose mean union lawyer will be there. The person I'm testifying against lives in a town known for their mafia connections!

I can't send in the Marines but I can say a prayer!:blushing:

janetupnorth said:

I found the Cake Mix Cookie recipe, but it has an option for every kind of cake mix but yellow- so I'm not sure what to add to these...

Will they just sort of taste like a sugar cookie?

ChefBeckyD said:
We tried these at Christmas, because everyone was talking about them on here - I thought they'd be good from the way everyone talked, but... - YUCK!:yuck: None of us liked them, and I had to throw them out.

I used lime and cherry jello - for green and red cookies, but maybe those were the wrong flavors to use?

As an adult I don't really like them...I think grape was the only decent one we found...they seemed to be too floury for my liking...

Janet have you tried the cake mix cookies?

ewwww.... those cookies sound gross!!! :yuck: LOL!:D

Kitchen Diva said:
Janet have you tried the cake mix cookies?
the one from our cookie pamplet? If those are the ones then those are fabulous! My family loves it when I make the chocolate cake mix ones!:thumbup: :love:

Cleaning girls came today so Kitchen is clean - we are having Pizza - I don't want the kitchen to get messed again till the morning - tommorrow, I am making grilled skirt steak with the greek rub (Becky's recipe) garlic green beans and roasted potatoes..

Nope, but since you aren't adding extra flour, they should be fine...Try this one:CAKE MIX COOKIES 1 package of cake mix (any flavor)
1 large egg
1/4 cup of oil
1/4 cup of water
1 cup of chopped nuts, raisins, oatmeal, coconut, chocolate chips, M&M'S® etc. (anything you like in cookies)Heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine cake mix, egg, oil, and water. Beat until well blended. Stir in remaining ingredient (s).Drop by teaspoon about 1 inch apart onto greased cooke sheet.Bake for 15 minutes or until done. Makes about 4 dozen.

Cleaning girls???:eek: :eek: ............if only!!! I wish I had cleaning girls, but the joke around here is that I'd have to clean up so they could clean! Especially in my kitchen! I have so much dang PC products that everyone freaks!
I am by no means a slob but I have so much stuff and so little storage in my house that everything looks so dang cluttered. I'm not kidding, I have one cabinet in my kitchen for all my stones and cookware, and I have one linen area that I put everything. Otherwise I have NO other areas to store, I own so many freakin rubber made totes! ughhh!:grumpy:

MissChef said:
Cleaning girls???:eek: :eek: ............if only!!! I wish I had cleaning girls, but the joke around here is that I'd have to clean up so they could clean! Especially in my kitchen! I have so much dang PC products that everyone freaks!
I am by no means a slob but I have so much stuff and so little storage in my house that everything looks so dang cluttered. I'm not kidding, I have one cabinet in my kitchen for all my stones and cookware, and I have one linen area that I put everything. Otherwise I have NO other areas to store, I own so many freakin rubber made totes! ughhh!:grumpy:

Same here and I REALLY hate it! I don't have them labeled so it's hard to find stuff. I REALLY, REALLY need to clean house and get rid of junk...slowly but surely...

MissChef said:

LOL - I do clean up before they come - drives my DH crazy!!! We have a huge house and I can not get the whole house clean in one day - so I have them come once a week and then the rest of the time I clean levels. So the house is pretty clean all the time - except the kitchen (and MINE IS HUGE!!!) - never seems to stay clean!!

I am the "cleaning girl" around here, and I would like to add that I don't get paid enough :)

I really couldn't stand somebody coming into my home and touching my stuff, even just to clean. When I was younger my sister and I worked for a cleaning company and we saw to many bad things that other workers would do. Theft was one and just general snooping was another. Not that I have anything to hide though!!

janetupnorth said:
Same here and I REALLY hate it! I don't have them labeled so it's hard to find stuff. I REALLY, REALLY need to clean house and get rid of junk...slowly but surely...
Sounds like we have that seriously in common! I did start in my office/room last week and I cleared out 3 large (30 gallon) trash bags, full of trash or things that I finally just parted with! My hubby is so darn silly happy with me! I have a little bit more to go and then I need to do something with my kitchen!:rolleyes: Oh that is just frightening to me! I am overtaking my hubby's storage spots in the garage, with all my PC stuff and duplicates! I told him he needs to make me a new kitchen just to fit my PC items!

PamperedDor said:
LOL - I do clean up before they come - drives my DH crazy!!! We have a huge house and I can not get the whole house clean in one day - so I have them come once a week and then the rest of the time I clean levels. So the house is pretty clean all the time - except the kitchen (and MINE IS HUGE!!!) - never seems to stay clean!!
oh wahhhhh!!! :cry: You poor baby! LOLOLOL!!!!! J/K! My best friend has a 4 level home and a huge kitchen and she complains of that a lot too.... and if my house was that large I would hire someone too!
What I would do for a HUGE kitchen! I'd be in heaven!!! I'd be so dang fat!LOL! I'd never leave it, I'd be baking and cooking all the time!:D :rolleyes: ;)

MissChef said:
the one from our cookie pamplet? If those are the ones then those are fabulous! My family loves it when I make the chocolate cake mix ones!:thumbup: :love:

I don't have a cookie pamplet. Now I want one! :) I think that's the recipe, but I only have a white cake mix and an Angel Foodcake cake mix on hand.

Kitchen Diva said:
I don't have a cookie pamplet. Now I want one! :) I think that's the recipe, but I only have a white cake mix and an Angel Foodcake cake mix on hand.

Ooh...that would be good with craisins...

Kitchen Diva said:
Do you have the old Celebrate cookbook? They are called the All Occasion cookies. There is a section devoted just for these cookies in there!
You can do a lot with white cake mix.... add cinnamon, or cinnamon plus, you can add a flavoring, just get creative! The pamplet I was talking about was from years ago, when we had the theme shows called "Cookie Shows":)

janetupnorth said:
Ooh...that would be good with craisins...
see.... like Janet said.... add stuff to make your own special flavors!
Yummmmmm..... craisins!!!:) :chef:

rennea said:
I am the "cleaning girl" around here, and I would like to add that I don't get paid enough :)

I really couldn't stand somebody coming into my home and touching my stuff, even just to clean. When I was younger my sister and I worked for a cleaning company and we saw to many bad things that other workers would do. Theft was one and just general snooping was another. Not that I have anything to hide though!!
I had a brief stint with Merry Maids ( I was allergic to their cleaning products so had to quit after about 3 weeks) We neve snooped or stole. At least not the group of ladies I was with.

I guess I'd just stick all my valuables somewhere safe and if they want to look in my underwear drawer, well more power to them, and feel free to organize it! LOL

I'll give the white cake mix a try with some cut up maraschino cherries. I'll just pat them dry and cut them up and maybe add some pecans...

Kitchen Diva said:
I had a brief stint with Merry Maids ( I was allergic to their cleaning products so had to quit after about 3 weeks) We neve snooped or stole. At least not the group of ladies I was with.

I guess I'd just stick all my valuables somewhere safe and if they want to look in my underwear drawer, well more power to them, and feel free to organize it! LOL

My girls are extremely trust worthy - I got them 5 years ago from a friend who swears by them - they never snope or take anything - they actually will find coins or earrings and put them in a spot in my kitchen every week - they are so reliable, they haven't missed a week in 5 years, I know I am lucky to have them. (in more ways then one!) Lets just say they keep the sanity in my house because I freak when its messy (yup - a little touch of OCD) so having my entire home clean for just one day helps me get thru the week!:blushing:

PamperedDor said:
My girls are extremely trust worthy - I got them 5 years ago from a friend who swears by them - they never snope or take anything - they actually will find coins or earrings and put them in a spot in my kitchen every week - they are so reliable, they haven't missed a week in 5 years, I know I am lucky to have them. (in more ways then one!) Lets just say they keep the sanity in my house because I freak when its messy (yup - a little touch of OCD) so having my entire home clean for just one day helps me get thru the week!:blushing:

Your lucky!! My Auntie has her own house cleaning biz and her clients love her to bits. She's a one woman show, she even leaves nice little homemade gifts for her "houses" as she calls them about once a month.

I hope that all of you enjoy whatever you made for supper tonight! I'm having some home made Southwest Chicken Tortilla soup. SPICY!

i bailed on cooking dinner - picked up DS and headed right for the driving range, then chez Wendy's. Driving range was a blast - DS hit quite a few drives over 100 yards (he's 11)

I had a cleaning lady in Japan. I LOVED her!! It was back when I was rocking with PC.....that time will come again! LOL!!!

I make these, sort of. I use 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick), melted instead of the oil. I also add 1/4 cup of brown sugar and add one more egg. I usually use yellow cake mix and add chocolate chips. Then I bake them in the bar pan.

<h2>1. What are some quick and easy dinner ideas?</h2><p>Some quick and easy dinner ideas include pasta dishes, stir-fry, grilled sandwiches, and sheet pan meals. You can also try using your slow cooker or Instant Pot for a hands-off dinner option.</p><h2>2. How can I make a healthy dinner without spending a lot of time in the kitchen?</h2><p>One way to make a healthy dinner without spending a lot of time in the kitchen is to plan and prep your meals ahead of time. You can also incorporate more veggies and whole grains into your meals, and use lean protein sources such as chicken, fish, and tofu.</p><h2>3. What are some budget-friendly dinner ideas?</h2><p>Some budget-friendly dinner ideas include soups, casseroles, and one-pot meals. You can also use affordable ingredients like beans, rice, and frozen vegetables to create tasty and filling meals without breaking the bank.</p><h2>4. How can I make a delicious dinner using leftovers?</h2><p>Leftovers can be transformed into delicious meals by incorporating them into new dishes. For example, leftover grilled chicken can be chopped up and used in a stir-fry or salad, and leftover veggies can be added to a frittata or omelette. You can also repurpose leftovers into a sandwich or wrap for a quick and easy meal.</p><h2>5. What are some dinner ideas for picky eaters?</h2><p>If you have picky eaters in your household, consider making customizable meals such as tacos, build-your-own pizza, or a baked potato bar. You can also sneak veggies into dishes by pureeing them into sauces or adding them to casseroles. Another option is to involve picky eaters in meal planning and preparation to get them more excited about trying new foods.</p>

1. What are some quick and easy dinner ideas?

Some quick and easy dinner ideas include pasta dishes, stir-fry, grilled sandwiches, and sheet pan meals. You can also try using your slow cooker or Instant Pot for a hands-off dinner option.

2. How can I make a healthy dinner without spending a lot of time in the kitchen?

One way to make a healthy dinner without spending a lot of time in the kitchen is to plan and prep your meals ahead of time. You can also incorporate more veggies and whole grains into your meals, and use lean protein sources such as chicken, fish, and tofu.

3. What are some budget-friendly dinner ideas?

Some budget-friendly dinner ideas include soups, casseroles, and one-pot meals. You can also use affordable ingredients like beans, rice, and frozen vegetables to create tasty and filling meals without breaking the bank.

4. How can I make a delicious dinner using leftovers?

Leftovers can be transformed into delicious meals by incorporating them into new dishes. For example, leftover grilled chicken can be chopped up and used in a stir-fry or salad, and leftover veggies can be added to a frittata or omelette. You can also repurpose leftovers into a sandwich or wrap for a quick and easy meal.

5. What are some dinner ideas for picky eaters?

If you have picky eaters in your household, consider making customizable meals such as tacos, build-your-own pizza, or a baked potato bar. You can also sneak veggies into dishes by pureeing them into sauces or adding them to casseroles. Another option is to involve picky eaters in meal planning and preparation to get them more excited about trying new foods.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
  • rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cutiechic
  • rennea