• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are You Cooking for Dinner Tonight?

In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and saute the onion and bell pepper until tender. Stir in the flour, salt, and pepper, then gradually mix in the milk and wine. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in the crabmeat, parsley, and Parmesan cheese. Spoon the mixture evenly over the fillets.4. Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the topping is golden brown and the fish flakes easily with a fork.In summary, Several people are sharing what they are making for dinner. Recipes for fish dishes like whitefish baked scampi style and
rennea
Gold Member
So what is everyone making for dinner tonight? Yesturday on the "pork chop" thread there were some great ideas;) I'm making a tomato, basil and halloom salad. I have chicken breast thawed in the fridge, just haven't decided what I'm doing with it yet:chef:

I am trying a recipe I found in the coupons this past week for chicken drumsticks, with honey, teriyaki sauce and hoison sauce. I will make macaroni salad and a vegetable to go along with it.

rennea said:
So what is everyone making for dinner tonight? Yesturday on the "pork chop" thread there were some great ideas;) I'm making a tomato, basil and halloom salad. I have chicken breast thawed in the fridge, just haven't decided what I'm doing with it yet:chef:

I had to google halloom.....I'm pretty good with cheeses, but I'd never heard of that one! Maybe we don't have it in the States?

What's a halloom? It sounds like a noise you'd make while meditating... "Haaaalooooom" (chuckle)

Tonight I get a break from cooking! :) WHoo-hoo!! Since I made a pan of Scotcharoo bars last night, I will be eating their peanutbuttery and chocolatey goodness for supper tonight with a bowl of frootloops on the side. I might break down and have a fudgescile for my calcuim needs of the day. LOL

DH will be out with all the guys from his family playing cards, and my sister is out with my mom looking for jobs in the new town she'll be moving to. I might just pop in my Harry Potter Movies, and break out the sweet tea, and not worry about supper tonight!

I have absolutely no clue! I haven't even thought that far in advance. I probably will end up picking something up from the store. We have been eating more fish lately, because it's good for you, I think I might be picking that up. My hubby is not a huge fish lover, but he said that because I'm trying new recipes and trying to make it different, that he's been enjoying it more! Thank God I can cook!
I need to go look at the grocery store adds, that often guides me on what we will be eating for the next week. I hope one of the stores will be having their great meat sales!

Kitchen Diva said:
What's a halloom? It sounds like a noise you'd make while meditating... "Haaaalooooom" (chuckle)

You just crack me UP!!!!

We're having breakfast for dinner. Scrambled eggs and toast. Isn't that fancy???

dianevill said:
You just crack me UP!!!!

We're having breakfast for dinner. Scrambled eggs and toast. Isn't that fancy???
oooohhhh, yummy, I might have to reconsider my dinner menu!! But my daughter's birthday is coming up and my kids always pick breakfast for dinner, and my hubby is not a huge fan of it..... we'll see, if I serve bacon, he'll eat it, he'll eat anything with bacon!:rolleyes: ;)

DS has baseball practice at 6:00 so we'll probably stop at the BBQ place on the way home.

Bren706 said:
I am trying a recipe I found in the coupons this past week for chicken drumsticks, with honey, teriyaki sauce and hoison sauce. I will make macaroni salad and a vegetable to go along with it.
okay that sounds good- please share, and what do you use in your macaroni salad?

dianevill said:
You just crack me UP!!!!

I think tomorrow I'm going to try that Ham and Cheese Omelet Roll. I just need to buy some parchment paper, more eggs, cheese, green onions, milk, and ham and cream cheese...

Maybe I'll just make pancakes, I've got all the ingredients for that! :)

Yeah, even Becky didn't know Halloom! Now I don't feel as dumb......and Brinner - that sounds good tonight!We had leftover spaghetti last night...well, the rest did and I had spaghetti noodles with our Basil Blend Canola oil and a little sea salt with garlic bread...

I put pork ribs in the crock pot with the barbque rub and will do some beans, and potatoe salad. I made the ham and cheese brunch sq yesterday morning and took them to work for a buffet. they were yummy.

MissChef said:
I have absolutely no clue! I haven't even thought that far in advance. I probably will end up picking something up from the store. We have been eating more fish lately, because it's good for you, I think I might be picking that up. My hubby is not a huge fish lover, but he said that because I'm trying new recipes and trying to make it different, that he's been enjoying it more! Thank God I can cook!
I need to go look at the grocery store adds, that often guides me on what we will be eating for the next week. I hope one of the stores will be having their great meat sales!

Here is one of our favorite fish dishes - and when I was working as a Personal Chef, it was a client favorite too.....I use any kind of white fish that I have on hand - Tilapia, Whitefish, Cod, etc....

Whitefish Baked Scampi Style

2 teas. Lemon Juice
2 teas. dry white wine
1 teas. olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 lb whitefish
2 tbls. butter
1 medium tomato, diced
salt & pepper to taste
1 tbls. fresh parsley, minced
2 tbls. Parmesan cheese, grated

Mix lemon juice, wine, oil, and garlic - let sit for 10 minutes.
Rub 8 x 8 pan with 1 teas. butter, and lay fish in pan. Scatter tomatoes over fish. Sprinkle with lemon juice mixture and S&P. Sprinkle with parsley & cheese, then dot with remaining butter.

Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for approximately 10 minutes per inch of thickness of fish.

This is simple - and so good!

Here is another favorite fish recipe. This one is from Allrecipes, and again, I just use whatever fish I have!

Crab Stuffed Flounder

INGREDIENTS

* 1 1/2 pounds flounder fillets
* 1 cup crabmeat - drained, flaked and cartilage removed
* 1 tablespoon finely chopped green bell pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon ground dry mustard
* 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* ground white pepper, to taste
* 3 crushed saltine crackers
* 1 egg white
* 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
* 1/4 cup butter, melted
* 1 egg yolk
* 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
* 1/2 teaspoon paprika
* 1 tablespoon dried parsley

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Rinse the fillets and pat dry with paper towels.
2. Combine crab meat, green pepper, mustard powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt, white pepper and the crushed saltines. Combine the egg white and 1 tablespoon mayonnaise. Stir this into the crab meat mixture.
3. Brush the flounder fillets with melted butter. Place in a lightly greased, shallow baking dish. Spoon the crab mixture over the fillets and drizzle with any remaining butter.
4. Bake the fillets at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
5. While the fish is baking, lightly beat the egg yolk in a small bowl. Stir in 5 tablespoons of mayonnaise. Remove fish from oven and spread this mixture over the stuffing; sprinkle with paprika and parsley.
6. Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees and bake until golden and bubbly, about 6 minutes.

Halloom is a semi-soft unripened cheese. You can fry it, put it on the BQ. It maintains its shape and resist melting so it's great for grilling. And you do have it in the US. It is very popular in the UK as well. You'll have to look for it in your deli. I just heard about it about a year ago. It is very creamy and mild.

I've seen lots of chefs using it on the cooking network, so I went looking for it. If we have it here in the boonies you must have it down your way. LOL

rennea said:
Halloom is a semi-soft unripened cheese. You can fry it, put it on the BQ. It maintains its shape and resist melting so it's great for grilling. And you do have it in the US. It is very popular in the UK as well. You'll have to look for it in your deli. I just heard about it about a year ago. It is very creamy and mild.

I've seen lots of chefs using it on the cooking network, so I went looking for it. If we have it here in the boonies you must have it down your way. LOL

Seriously - I shop all over, including gourmet deli's and grocery stores...and one that specializes in cheeses, and I've never seen it. But I live in the Midwest, and we aren't exactly known for being quick to get unusual/new foods. It was years before I could find Mascarpone, or Fontina cheeses....and they still aren't common.

Here is my FAVORITE salmon recipe - courtesy of Taste of Home of course...Nutrition Facts * One serving: prepared with salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning and light soy sauce and without salt
* Calories:280
* Fat: 17 g
* Saturated Fat: 3 g
* Cholesterol: 67 mg
* Sodium: 633 mg
* Carbohydrate: 7 g
* Fiber: 0 g
* Protein: 23 g
* Diabetic Exch: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.Lemon Grilled SalmonFrom Taste of HomeMom proudly serves this tender, flaky fish to family and guest. A savory marinade that includes dill gives the salmon mouth-watering flavor. Since it can be grilled or broiled, we enjoy it year-round.SERVINGS 6
CATEGORY Low Carb
METHOD Grill (gas or charcoal)
PREP 10 min.
COOK 15 min.
TOTAL 25 min.INGREDIENTS * 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
* 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
* 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1 salmon fillet (1-1/2 pounds)
* 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
* 3 tablespoons chicken broth
* 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 3 tablespoons soy sauce
* 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
* 1 small lemon, thinly sliced
* 2 onion slices, separated into ringsDIRECTIONSSprinkle dill, lemon-pepper, salt if desired and garlic powder over salmon. Place in a large resealable plastic bag. Add the brown sugar, broth, oil, soy sauce and green onions.
Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, turning once. Drain and discard marinade. Place salmon skin side down on grill over medium heat; arrange lemon and onion slices over the top. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 6 servings. Editor's Note: Salmon can be broiled instead of grilled. Place the fillet on a greased broiler pan. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 6-8 min. or until fish flakes easily with a fork.

ChefBeckyD said:
Seriously - I shop all over, including gourmet deli's and grocery stores...and one that specializes in cheeses, and I've never seen it. But I live in the Midwest, and we aren't exactly known for being quick to get unusual/new foods. It was years before I could find Mascarpone, or Fontina cheeses....and they still aren't common.

Really wow:eek: Bummer it's really good!! I do it on the BQ with a little basil oil then put it with slices of tomato and basil leaves, sprinkle a little S&P.

Now I've made myself hungry:chef:

rennea said:
Really wow:eek: Bummer it's really good!! I do it on the BQ with a little basil oil then put it with slices of tomato and basil leaves, sprinkle a little S&P.

Now I've made myself hungry:chef:

Oh - that sounds sooo good! And my "almost" vegetarian DS would love it!

I am making hot chicken salad and a green salad.

japanese food at my daughters favorite rest. she turned 15 today sniff, sniff

I think we should try to do this thread daily- at least during the week. It has been helpful and I get good ideas from everyone! :)

Now, back to my halllllloooooooming....Ahem, I mean meditating...

Breast with bone in.

Cheeseburger Stuffed Calzone.......my kids freaking love it. Since DH is off partying with his mafia...I will indulge my babies.

rennea said:
Breast with bone in.

I backed down from pork chops and we had chicken breasts. I just brushed them with our garlic oil and sprinkled them with the peppercorn rub. Yummo........

erinyourpclady said:
Cheeseburger Stuffed Calzone.......my kids freaking love it. Since DH is off partying with his mafia...I will indulge my babies.

Okay #1- please share that recipe

#2- my DH is in the mafia, too! :) LOL

shhh- don't tell anyone. It scares most folks...:D

My favorite chicken dish is Cheesy Parmesan Chicken. You do an egg mixture and then coat your chicken in it, then roll it in a mixture of 2 cups Parmesan (grated fine), some paprika (if desired), pepper, 1/2 cup of flour and a little garlic. Drizzle with melted butter and bake at 350...I usually bake for 30-40 minutes if it's a thick-cut boneless breast, but not sure what you would adjust that to for bone-in. I think it might take a little longer...

Kitchen Diva said:

Well, why hasn't he taken care of your past employer yet then?! ;) LOL!

Kitchen Diva said:

Be warned....it is yummy

Cheeseburger Stuffed Calzone

2 packages (11 oz. each) refrigerated French bread dough, divided
6 slices (3/4 oz. each) American pasteurized process cheese food
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup dill pickle slices, diced
3/4 cup ketchup
2 teaspoons yellow mustard
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 pound 95% lean ground beef, cooked, crumbled and drained
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup (1 oz.) grated fresh Parmesan cheese (optional)
Shredded lettuce, tomato slices and dill pickle slices (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Unroll one package of the bread dough onto Large Round Stone; roll and stretch to edge of baking stone using Baker's Roller. Cut cheese slices in half and arrange evenly over dough to within 1 inch of edge.

2. Chop onion using Food Chopper. Dice pickles using Utility Knife. In Classis Batter Bowl, combine onion, pickles, ketchup, mustard and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; mix well. Add cooked ground beef; mix well. Spoon meat mixture over cheese; spread evenly. Unroll remaining dough directly over filling by matching top edges of dough and shaping to fit as dough is unrolled. Trim excess dough from corners using Pizza Cutter, forming an even edge. Roll and crimp edges to seal.

3. Drizzle oil over dough; spread evenly. If desired, grate Parmesan cheese over dough using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Using Pizza Cutter, make three crisscross cuts, about 6 inches long, across center of dough to vent. Bake 18-20 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cut into wedges. Serve with toppings, if desired.

Yield: 8 servings

Most people know as soon as I say what DH does as a Marine........:eek: :rolleyes:

Tangy Glazed Chicken (from Allrecipes)

NGREDIENTS

* 2 bone-in chicken breast halves
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 4 1/2 teaspoons butter or margarine
* 1 small onion, thinly sliced
* 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
* 1/2 cup chicken broth
* 1/2 cup apple jelly
* 3 tablespoons orange juice
* 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
* 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme

DIRECTIONS

1. Sprinkle chicken with salt if desired. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; brown chicken on all sides. Remove and keep warm. In the pan drippings, saute onion and celery until tender. Add the remaining ingredients; cook and stir until jelly is melted. Return chicken to pan. Cook, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Remove skin if desired. Top chicken with onion mixture.

janetupnorth said:
Well, why hasn't he taken care of your past employer yet then?! ;) LOL!

No hits here!:eek:

Garlic Parmesan Chicken

INGREDIENTS

* 2 cups dry bread crumbs
* 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 1 (3 ounce) can French-fried onions
* 1 teaspoon mustard powder
* 1/2 cup butter
* 2 cloves garlic, chopped
* 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
* 8 bone-in chicken breast halves, skinless

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
2. In a shallow dish or bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, onions, and mustard powder; set aside. Melt butter in a small saucepan; add garlic and Worcestershire sauce, and saute garlic until tender. Remove from heat.
3. Dip chicken breasts in garlic butter mixture, then roll in bread crumb and cheese mixture, coating thoroughly. Place coated chicken in the prepared baking dish. Drizzle with any remaining garlic butter mixture.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.

Here is a favorite from my collection. Linda

Florentine Stuffed Chicken

Serves: 4 Ready In: 30-60 minutes

Ingredients:
1 package (10 oz. size) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup chopped onion
4 bone-in chicken breast halves, with skin
2 cups spaghetti sauce
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:
Heat oven to 350. In a medium bowl, combine the spinach, Parmesan cheese and onion and mix thoroughly.

Stuff the cavity of each chicken breast with the mixture. (NOTE: Bone-in split breasts usually have a little cavity; if one is not naturally present, use a sharp knife to make a slit in the side of the breast.)

Lay stuffed breasts in a 9x13 baking dish, and cover with the sauce. Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and tender; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and bake another 5 minutes, until cheese is melted.

Chicken Scampi with white wine and shallot sauce
rennea said:
Breast with bone in.

Okay, first, I very rarely cook with white meat becasue it is so expensive here, and secondly I normally do not cook with a recipe.

Having said that, I have a good recipe that I invented for shrimp scampi that works just as well for chicken, I just change a few of the ingredients and procedures. You just need to cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and LIGHTLY dust them in flour- then they are ready for this recipe...

Kacey's Chicken Scampi

You will need:
4 boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into 1/2 inch pieces (breast work fine too)
2-3 cups low sodium chicken broth (I like Swanson's if I don't have homemade on hand)
1/4-1/3 cup white wine (a high quality cooking wine is fine if you don't have real wine on hand)
1 large shallot diced
3 green onions sliced thin
pinch of red pepper flakes
Linguine Noodles (if you don't like lots of sauce use more noodles, you like more sauce, use less noodles) I normally use 2/3rd of a box of noodles.
2 cloves of minced garlic
1 cup of frozen peas or 8-12 stalks of fresh steamed asparagus chopped into 1-2 inch pieces
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 TB olive oil and 2 TB butter for the skillet

Add oil and butter to a pre-heated stainless steel skillet- when butter has melted add chicken pieces and cook until almost cooked through. Remove from skillet and set aside in a bowl and keep warm.

Meanwhile- add your noodles to a pot of boiling, salted water- they take about 8-9 minutes to cook)

There should be enough oil/drippings to cook the shallot, if not, add a little more olive oil.

Add thiny sliced shallots to the pan and cook until transparent, add the garlic- then deglaze the pan slowly with the white wine,scrapping up all those wonderful chicken bits that stuck to the bottom of the pan, while scrapping, slowly add chicken stock. Let that simmer until it has reduced a little bit. (to get it to thicken up a little more, feel free to drop a tsp of flour into the last cup of broth, whisk until blened and then pour into the skillet.

Add the chicken back in- then add the green onions, peas or asparagus and cook until veggies are warmed through and chicken is done- add the cooked linguine noodles and toss to coat. Serve with freshly grated parmesan and a crusty bread... YUM

The "sauce" in this recipe is more to just coat the noodles- if you want sauce running off your noodles- add more stock or don't simmer it as long- it will not be a thick sauce- but it also shouldn't be runny like water.

This was off the top of my head, so I hope I didn't forget anything...this is one of DH favorite dishes that I make. I will be so embarrassed if this doesn't turn out as good for you as it does for me...

Last edited:
oh yum! those chicken recipes look wonderful! i'm sitting here eating leftover creamy one pot pasta and planning on tacos for DS and me tonight. this morning between projects i made the chocolate mint merengues from "its good for you" using my new mixer - they ROCK!!

I think maybe a daily thread on "what's for dinner" might be bad for my waist line :) Thanks these all sound good.

erinyourpclady said:
Be warned....it is yummy

Cheeseburger Stuffed Calzone

2 packages (11 oz. each) refrigerated French bread dough, divided
6 slices (3/4 oz. each) American pasteurized process cheese food
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup dill pickle slices, diced
3/4 cup ketchup
2 teaspoons yellow mustard
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 pound 95% lean ground beef, cooked, crumbled and drained
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup (1 oz.) grated fresh Parmesan cheese (optional)
Shredded lettuce, tomato slices and dill pickle slices (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Unroll one package of the bread dough onto Large Round Stone; roll and stretch to edge of baking stone using Baker's Roller. Cut cheese slices in half and arrange evenly over dough to within 1 inch of edge.

2. Chop onion using Food Chopper. Dice pickles using Utility Knife. In Classis Batter Bowl, combine onion, pickles, ketchup, mustard and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; mix well. Add cooked ground beef; mix well. Spoon meat mixture over cheese; spread evenly. Unroll remaining dough directly over filling by matching top edges of dough and shaping to fit as dough is unrolled. Trim excess dough from corners using Pizza Cutter, forming an even edge. Roll and crimp edges to seal.

3. Drizzle oil over dough; spread evenly. If desired, grate Parmesan cheese over dough using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Using Pizza Cutter, make three crisscross cuts, about 6 inches long, across center of dough to vent. Bake 18-20 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cut into wedges. Serve with toppings, if desired.

Yield: 8 servings

Most people know as soon as I say what DH does as a Marine........:eek: :rolleyes:

Most people here know that mine is just Italian and would love to be in the Mafia! His favorite movie is Good Fella's...My DH is too undisciplined to be in the mafia or the marines! LOL

Kitchen Diva said:
okay that sounds good- please share, and what do you use in your macaroni salad?

Honey-Glazed Chinese Chicken

1/2 cup Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
1/4 cup Kikkoman Hoisin Sauce
1/4 cup honey
2 1/2 pounds chicken drumsticks
1 green onion, thinly sliced

Combine first 3 ingredients; pour over chicken in large plastic food storage bag. Press air out of bag; close top securely. Turn bag over several times to coat all pieces well. Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight, turning bag over occassionally. Bake chicken in 350 degree oven for 1 hour, turning pieces over and basting with pan juices once. Sprinkle on green onion before serving. Makes 6 servings :chef:

Nothing too fancy for my macaroni salad, just mayo, onion, cucumber, and some frozen green peas (blanched a little, of course). Sometimes I will make it with tuna, mayo, and peas. I have made a recipe from Weight Watchers once that was good too, but my DH likes this better.

Kitchen Diva said:
[/B]

Most people here know that mine is just Italian and would love to be in the Mafia! His favorite movie is Good Fella's...My DH is too undisciplined to be in the mafia or the marines! LOL

LOL!!! Me too...undisciplined that is! I am, however, multi-tasking....cruising Chef Success and printing and assembling a few host binders.

rennea said:
I think maybe a daily thread on "what's for dinner" might be bad for my waist line :) Thanks these all sound good.

Nah- I actually cook healthy...and olive oil is like drain-o for your arteries! :)

Once I started cooking with fresh ingredients instead of boxed or processed foods (back in the day) I actually lost weight! :) I find when I eat 6 small meals a day I lose abuot 2 pounds per week- when I only eat once or twice but snack I gain about that much every two weeks.

I'm insulin resistance, so I need a high amount of protein with each meal/snack and I MUST have a carb (a healthy one) and a fat along with my protein, and I normally eat 2-3 servings of veggies with supper. I get more veggies in one meal than DH gets in 5 meals. He'd be a good person to get clobbered on those V-8 commercials. He'd be the one with the Kabob with no veggies!

erinyourpclady said:
LOL!!! Me too...undisciplined that is! I am, however, multi-tasking....cruising Chef Success and printing and assembling a few host binders.
I had a boss that would yell at me if I started to talk to him when he was still working on the last thing I asked him to do. He used to say "Would you hush, I am NOT a woman...I cannot multi-task!"

I miss him!

Tri Tip. May attempt it 'rare' in the DCB.

If ibeef in the DCB/micro is a failure, there is always Breakfast for Dinner as a back up!

Kitchen Diva said:
Nah- I actually cook healthy...and olive oil is like drain-o for your arteries! :)

Once I started cooking with fresh ingredients instead of boxed or processed foods (back in the day)

I'm with you on that, there is NO boxed food around here. I think they taste like the box they come in. Same with baked goods, if you want it I bake it don't even think about buying it :)

Wanna bake me some cookies, Rennea?

Kitchen Diva said:
Wanna bake me some cookies, Rennea?

Sure what's your favorite? What ever they are just so you know I will add chocolate no matter what kind they are. If they already have chocolate in the recipe, I will double it.

cookies
rennea said:
Sure what's your favorite? What ever they are just so you know I will add chocolate no matter what kind they are. If they already have chocolate in the recipe, I will double it.

Too funny. I'd have to say that Oatmeal Raisin is my most favorite, and I don't like chocolate in them. I actually substitute craisins for the raisins and some times put in white chocolate chips- that's a yummy version of an old favorite.

I also like lemon glazed sugar cookies- if I can find a recipe that fits what I think they should taste and look like in my head, I'd make them

Speaking of cookies, does anyone have that cookie recipe made with a cakemix? I have a white cakemix sitting around and would love to use it for something other than cake.

I think I'm going to make a spaghetti squash to see if the kids will eat it. I'm sure that they will if I put enough garlic oil & cheese on it. :D

I'll just make a light marina from our garden tomatoes (last year's that I canned) & have some additional veggie on the side. Might make some homemade wheat bread today too.

Speaking of the mafia... ;) Can anyone arrange for me to be protected this afternoon? I have to testify against someone whose mean union lawyer will be there. The person I'm testifying against lives in a town known for their mafia connections!

crystalscookingnow said:
I think I'm going to make a spaghetti squash to see if the kids will eat it. I'm sure that they will if I put enough garlic oil & cheese on it. :D

I'll just make a light marina from our garden tomatoes (last year's that I canned) & have some additional veggie on the side. Might make some homemade wheat bread today too.

Speaking of the mafia... ;) Can anyone arrange for me to be protected this afternoon? I have to testify against someone whose mean union lawyer will be there. The person I'm testifying against lives in a town known for their mafia connections!

I can arrange that- let me contact my connection with the Heavenly Angel's Union and see if they can send you a couple hundred to put a hedge of protection around you!

Stay strong, and I'll cover you in prayer and with the blood of Jesus and pray a hedge of protection around you!

<h2>1. What are some quick and easy dinner ideas?</h2><p>Some quick and easy dinner ideas include pasta dishes, stir-fry, grilled sandwiches, and sheet pan meals. You can also try using your slow cooker or Instant Pot for a hands-off dinner option.</p><h2>2. How can I make a healthy dinner without spending a lot of time in the kitchen?</h2><p>One way to make a healthy dinner without spending a lot of time in the kitchen is to plan and prep your meals ahead of time. You can also incorporate more veggies and whole grains into your meals, and use lean protein sources such as chicken, fish, and tofu.</p><h2>3. What are some budget-friendly dinner ideas?</h2><p>Some budget-friendly dinner ideas include soups, casseroles, and one-pot meals. You can also use affordable ingredients like beans, rice, and frozen vegetables to create tasty and filling meals without breaking the bank.</p><h2>4. How can I make a delicious dinner using leftovers?</h2><p>Leftovers can be transformed into delicious meals by incorporating them into new dishes. For example, leftover grilled chicken can be chopped up and used in a stir-fry or salad, and leftover veggies can be added to a frittata or omelette. You can also repurpose leftovers into a sandwich or wrap for a quick and easy meal.</p><h2>5. What are some dinner ideas for picky eaters?</h2><p>If you have picky eaters in your household, consider making customizable meals such as tacos, build-your-own pizza, or a baked potato bar. You can also sneak veggies into dishes by pureeing them into sauces or adding them to casseroles. Another option is to involve picky eaters in meal planning and preparation to get them more excited about trying new foods.</p>

1. What are some quick and easy dinner ideas?

Some quick and easy dinner ideas include pasta dishes, stir-fry, grilled sandwiches, and sheet pan meals. You can also try using your slow cooker or Instant Pot for a hands-off dinner option.

2. How can I make a healthy dinner without spending a lot of time in the kitchen?

One way to make a healthy dinner without spending a lot of time in the kitchen is to plan and prep your meals ahead of time. You can also incorporate more veggies and whole grains into your meals, and use lean protein sources such as chicken, fish, and tofu.

3. What are some budget-friendly dinner ideas?

Some budget-friendly dinner ideas include soups, casseroles, and one-pot meals. You can also use affordable ingredients like beans, rice, and frozen vegetables to create tasty and filling meals without breaking the bank.

4. How can I make a delicious dinner using leftovers?

Leftovers can be transformed into delicious meals by incorporating them into new dishes. For example, leftover grilled chicken can be chopped up and used in a stir-fry or salad, and leftover veggies can be added to a frittata or omelette. You can also repurpose leftovers into a sandwich or wrap for a quick and easy meal.

5. What are some dinner ideas for picky eaters?

If you have picky eaters in your household, consider making customizable meals such as tacos, build-your-own pizza, or a baked potato bar. You can also sneak veggies into dishes by pureeing them into sauces or adding them to casseroles. Another option is to involve picky eaters in meal planning and preparation to get them more excited about trying new foods.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
  • rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cutiechic
  • rennea