1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: What's for Dinner? (Mar.25)

1. rennea

rennea Legacy Member Gold Member

Tonight we are having Pizza for dinner.

Last night I forgot to finally post what we had. I made a new recipe from Kraft called Creamy pasta with Chicken. It was really good.

I've been really un-inspired in the kitchen lately. I think I am going to start BBQing :)

Mar 25, 2009
  2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

That's the problem Rennea - we all want to start doing more Summer type cooking, but the weather hasn't been cooperating.

With that being said, the rain has stopped, and it's fairly mild (60 here today) so I have baby-back ribs out, and will be slow roasting them today, and then finishing them on the grill.

I'm going to do potato salad with them, I think. I'm so so ready for summer and warm weather!

Mar 25, 2009
  3. cookingwith_tara

cookingwith_tara Advanced Member

Tonight, we're having spaghetti. It's quick and easy for a church night.

4. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

Steak and potatoes here. I was going to make the microwave white chicken chili, but DH wants me to save that for Friday when the guys come over. He wants steak and I have some in the freezer, so that's what we'll have.

Of course, there won't be leftovers for his lunch, so he'll end up with a tuna sandwich or something tomorrow.

Mar 25, 2009
  5. chefsteph07

chefsteph07 Legacy Member

Can you post that recipe?

I made BLT's last night (quick and easy and I had tomatoes to use up) and tonight we are having spaghetti

Mar 25, 2009
  6. candiejayne

candiejayne Veteran Member

I think I'm going to try a new recipe tonight...

Unstuffed Green Pepper Soup

1-1/2 pounds ground beef

3 large green peppers, chopped

1 large onion, chopped

2 14-1/2-ounce cans beef broth

2 10-3/4-ounce cans condensed tomato soup, undiluted

28-ounce can crushed tomatoes, undrained

4-ounce can mushroom stems and pieces, drained

1-1/2 cups cooked rice

In a Dutch oven or 6-quart saucepan, cook the beef, green peppers and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and return to pan. Stir in the broth, soup, tomatoes and mushrooms. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add rice and heat through. Serves 10.

Mar 25, 2009
  7. Teresa Lynn

Teresa Lynn Legacy Member Gold Member

pork chops, asparagus mimosas salad, fruit & mashed potatoes & gravy

Mar 25, 2009
  8. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Pizza here. I've been in a fairly crappy mood all day. (Up too late and didn't sleep well. That's a bad combination.) I'll be picking up a pizza, then heading out later to Bible study.

Mar 25, 2009
  9. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Staying up late to watch The Biggest Loser has it's bad points, huh?:rolleyes:

Mar 25, 2009
  10. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares - with the recipe halved, since there are only 3 of us, and "dinner-ized" by adding spinach and mushrooms.

Ok, time to get off the couch, and CS, and get that started.

11. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Yes, it does. Actually, I was mostly working on host kits while chatting online. That's one of the joys of a slow printer. While things are printing I have time to chat.

Mar 25, 2009
  12. chefsteph07

chefsteph07 Legacy Member

My family is going to love you...bless your heart...:D

Mar 25, 2009
  13. candiejayne

It sounds great, but we didn't try it tonight. We decided to go shopping for a new computer desk since the one we had was falling apart and the temper tantrum thrown this morning broke it further. Can't afford to replace the computer so we bit the bullet and replaced the desk. We ended up at Steak N' Shake for dinner. We love that place!

Mar 25, 2009
  14. candiejayne

Oh.... That recipe was in our newspaper today. Everyday they have a recipe from a regular cook from the area. You write in to sign up, then when they contact you, you have to tell them what you are having that day for dinner, then they send a photographer to your home that evening to get a picture of you and your dish, then they put it in the paper. I love that little column.

Mar 25, 2009
  15. rennea

rennea Legacy Member Gold Member

Creamy Pasta

11/2 Cups multi-grain rotini pasta
    1 small bunch of broccoli, cut into florets. (3 cusps)
    1lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces.
    1/2 cup. Chicken broth
    1/4 cup Philadelphia light cream cheese spread
    3/4cup Kraft part skim mozzarella shredded cheese, divided. (I used 1 cup total)
    2 Tbsp. Kraft 100% Light Parmesan Grated Cheese.

Heat oven to 375c. Cook pasta as directed on package, adding broccoli for the last 3 min.
    Meanwhile, heat large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken, cook 3 min. or until no longer pink. Stirring frequently. Shir in broth: simmer for another 3 minutes. Add cream cheese and stir on low heat until melted. Stir in 1/2 cup mozzarella.
    Drain pasta and broccoli. Add to chicken mixture and mix.
    Spoon into a baking dish add rest of cheese and cover. (DCB!!)
    Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes.

Makes 4 servings.
    Per serving 360 calories 10g fat.

Mar 26, 2009
Have something to add?