• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's for Dinner? Room service or Red Lobster?

In summary, Debbie is having a birthday dinner at home and is planning on making cheese enchiladas, rice, homemade beans, homemade tortillas and guacamole, and a cake or blueberry muffins for dessert. Rae is also having a birthday dinner at home and is planning on making BLT's, grilled turkey burgers, and olive sauce for her burgers.
rennea
Gold Member
Tonight we are having baked mushroom chicken with steamed rice. Cucumber and tomato salad on the side :)

The weather is sooooo gorgeous here today - I'm thinking Grilled Fish w/ Fresh Pineapple Salsa, now I have to think of a good side to go with it.

ChefBeckyD said:
The weather is sooooo gorgeous here today - I'm thinking Grilled Fish w/ Fresh Pineapple Salsa, now I have to think of a good side to go with it.

Summer sucotash would be up your alley:

For succotash:

2 green zucchini squash, diced

2 red bell peppers, diced

2 ears yellow corn, husked, with niblets removed from the cob (brace corn vertically and cut straight down four times)

Season and sauté above ingredients for 5 minutes, then add

½ pound Sonoma Jack or other style jack cheese, cubed. Then remove from heat and cover until service.

janetupnorth said:
Summer sucotash would be up your alley:

For succotash:

2 green zucchini squash, diced

2 red bell peppers, diced

2 ears yellow corn, husked, with niblets removed from the cob (brace corn vertically and cut straight down four times)

Season and sauté above ingredients for 5 minutes, then add

½ pound Sonoma Jack or other style jack cheese, cubed. Then remove from heat and cover until service.

That sounds really good - and I have everything for it, except I'll have to use frozen corn.:D

Thanks Janet!

we may grill burgers. Depends how squishy the back yard is.

Otherwise I will make meatloaf.

Don't know because it is my birthday and my husband is surprising me.

rennea said:
Tonight we are having baked mushroom chicken with steamed rice. Cucumber and tomato salad on the side :)

Recipe for mushroom chicken??

DessertDivaFL said:

Happy Birthday!!! Enjoy your surprise dinner! Let us know what it is!

DessertDivaFL said:

Happy Birthday! I hope it's someplace that doesn't involve a speaker box or coloring placemats.

I'm planning homemade pizza.

I'm fixing Vindaloo (a very spicey Indonesian Curry) Love it! DS will probably have a hot dog or chicken.

We're having grilled cheese and tomato soup.
Plumbers are here now to install a sump pump so that we (hopefully) won't have another flood in our basement. It's LOUD!! They're jack-hammering through the basement floor right now. But I don't know when they'll be leaving and don't want to do something too complicated for dinner. Not to mention, I can't leave to go get ingredients.

We are having cheese enchiladas, rice, homemade beans, homemade tortillas and guacamole! And a delicious cake or blueberry muffins for dessert. I haven't decided yet, I am not much into dessert. I am allergic to blueberries but not the fake ones!
I am in the mood for Mexican! And since I am now on insulin for my gestational diabetes they upped my calories and I can indulge once in a while!

Debbie :D

chefsteph07 said:
Happy Birthday!!! Enjoy your surprise dinner! Let us know what it is!

Will do! He called me at work and said he found some Dairy Queen coupons!

lol Hey, DQ is awesome! lol 99 cent blizzard if you purchase a medium or large one. lolWe are having Skillet Lasagna from 29 minutes. Love that little book!

DebbieSAChef said:
We are having cheese enchiladas, rice, homemade beans, homemade tortillas and guacamole! And a delicious cake or blueberry muffins for dessert. I haven't decided yet, I am not much into dessert. I am allergic to blueberries but not the fake ones!
I am in the mood for Mexican! And since I am now on insulin for my gestational diabetes they upped my calories and I can indulge once in a while!

Debbie :D

what's a fake blueberry?

Dinner sounds delish at your house Debbie!

I have no idea, I'm stuck out of town with a co-worker who is laid up with a terrible headache. We have a Panera in the parking lot here at the hotel, so I'm thinking about running and getting her some soup and maybe a salad or sandwich for me. Otherwise, there is a TGIFridays attached to the hotel, but we've eaten there twice since we've gotten here though, it's her favorite restaurant.

Changed my mind. Decided to use up the leftover potatoes, so I served them with Orange Balsamic Chicken.

We had BLT's for dinner!

I changed my mind too, Rae!

I was out of cilantro - didn't want to go to the store...so we'll have the Grilled fish and pineapple salsa tomorrow. (supposed to be even better weather tomorrow!)

Tonight we had grilled Turkey Burgers - made an olive sauce, so we could have Olive Burgers (YUM!) - along with burger fixings. DH had cheese, and we both had lettuce, tomato, onion, and pickles. We also had a side of steamed carrots.

Well, that's a woman's prerogative, Becky.

Turkey Tex Mex meatloaf, salad and corn.

My husband took me to Bonefish Grill for my birthday! I had Grilled Atlantic Salmon topped with goat cheese, artichokes and spinach. Yum! Then we went to Cold Stone Creamery for dessert.

DessertDivaFL said:
My husband took me to Bonefish Grill for my birthday! I had Grilled Atlantic Salmon topped with goat cheese, artichokes and spinach. Yum! Then we went to Cold Stone Creamery for dessert.

Bonefish Grill is my favorite!

That sounds like the perfect Birthday Dinner to me.:thumbup:

In fact, Bonefish Grill and Cold Stone Creamery has been my Birthday Dinner before!

Happy, Happy Birthday.:chef:

DessertDivaFL said:

I don't like fish at all but I DO want to wish you a happy birthday Danielle! I'm glad you had such a great night!

We had the Mexican Chicken Lasagna (with green chile sauce) from the new Season's Best and it was very very good.

Toasted strawberry frosted Poptarts and leftover Turtle cheesecake for me. My DS was invited last minute for a dinner and sleep over and my DD wasn't going to be home. DH wasn't hungry, I didn't get home from work until 7:30 and a little while ago I decided I was finally hungry and wanted something sweet. So now my teeth are tingling from all that sugar but it sure was yummy to eat that garbage as a rare treat! LOL I still can't believe I did it..

DessertDivaFL said:

:sing: Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday, happy birthday! Happy birthday to youuuuu! :sing:

We ended up at Red Lobster, I'd never been there before. Since my roommate was feeling ill, I went and found some other people from my county thats here for classes and thats where they were going, so I joined them. I had Honey BBQ Grilled Chicken and Shrimp, with mashed potatoes and a side salad with ranch. It was very good, and I'm super stuffed. I wish I had a refridgerator in my hotel room for the leftovers for a midnight snack, or breakfast tomorrow!

My roommate ended up ordering room service from TGIFridays.

1. What is the main dish for tonight's dinner?

The main dish for tonight's dinner is baked mushroom chicken with steamed rice.

2. What sides are being served with the main dish?

The sides for tonight's dinner are cucumber and tomato salad.

3. Is there an option for room service or dining out?

Yes, you can choose between room service or dining out at Red Lobster.

4. Can I make any substitutions to the meal?

Yes, you can make substitutions to the meal upon request. Please let me know if you have any dietary restrictions or preferences.

5. Is there a vegetarian option for tonight's dinner?

Yes, we can prepare a vegetarian version of the main dish for tonight's dinner. Please let me know if you would like this option.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Chefstover2
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
doughmama
  • rennea