• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's For Dinner Tonight? Good Morning Fellow Cheffers!

In summary, the conversation discussed various recipes and ideas for dinner, including leftover pizza, chicken, a 30-minute roast chicken with carrots and homemade macaroni and cheese, chips and salsa, and Garden Fresh's Garlic and Green Onion Salsa.
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
Good Morning Fellow Cheffers! :)

Today is Thursday and the work week is nearly over!

So what is everyone having for supper tonight? If it's something new, please feel free to share a recipe- we love new recipes and new ideas!!!

I have no idea what we are having for supper tonight. I have enough left over's to make a pizza for supper- but we're having pizza for lunch at work today so I'm just not sure.

I've got chicken, and lots of it in the freezer- but for whatever reason the "I pretty much alwasy know what I'm goin got make for dinner" part of my brain died early Monday morning and hasn't been revived.

I'm sure sometime next week I'll get back into a routine of working full time and trying to figure out what to have for supper 11 hours before I actually have to eat it! :)

LOL

Have a wonderful day!!

Tonight I am solo (no kids, no fiance) so I don't know yet.

If you are eating by yourself, what does everyone eat?

DessertDivaFL said:

Ice Cream, cereal or brownies. It's a well balanced diet! :)

More cleaning out the fridge tonight....so a hodge-podge of leftovers and odds and ends. Can't leave all that food in the fridge while we are gone for 10 days!

Last night I did a 30 Minute Roast Chicken, w/ cooked carrots & homemade Mac & Cheese. I finally found a recipe for mac&cheese that doesn't include Velveeta.....and it is soooo good! DS, the Mac & Cheese authority at our house sniffed it first....and wondered what the stuff on top was....but then ate a whole plate of it, and said that he would eat it every day!

I'm going to post the recipe the way it appears on Allrecipes.com, but then I'll let you know what changes I made!

Home Style Macaroni & Cheese

NGREDIENTS

* 7 ounces macaroni
* 1/4 cup butter
* 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 2 cups milk
* 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
* 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
* 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
* 1 cup dry bread crumbs
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
3. In a 3 quart saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and stir in flour. Cook for about 1 minute, until smooth and bubbly; stirring occasionally. Mix in milk, cream cheese, salt, pepper, and Dijon mustard. Continue cooking until sauce is thickened. Add cooked macaroni and Cheddar cheese.
4. Pour into 2 quart casserole dish. In small bowl mix together bread crumbs, butter and parsley; spread over macaroni and cheese. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and heated through.

Actually didn't change too much for this one - other than I used 1 1/4 Cups of Sharp Cheddar, and 1 1/4 Cups of Monterey Jack cheese.

Then, I didn't have any dry bread crumbs, but I had a little stove top stuffing mix, so I crushed that with the meat tenderizer, and mixed it with the butter - and sprinkled that on top. I didn't use the parsley.

This was very yummy - and simple to make. I made the sauce while the macaroni was cooking - so it took me about 12 minutes to put together, and then I popped it in the oven, and the mac & cheese was done the same time as the Chicken!

DessertDivaFL said:

I eat chips and salsa! (I'd rather have salt than sweet.)

ChefBeckyD said:

Oh, yeah! I have a favorite salsa I buy at Publix. Garden Fresh's Garlic and Green Onion (refrigerated area by the deli). It is the best store bought salsa ever! Since there is lots of garlic and I am by myself, that would be perfect! :p

DessertDivaFL said:
Oh, yeah! I have a favorite salsa I buy at Publix. Garden Fresh's Garlic and Green Onion (refrigerated area by the deli). It is the best store bought salsa ever! Since there is lots of garlic and I am by myself, that would be perfect! :p

That sounds delicious! You have to take advantage of those "eat as much garlic and onions" times when you can! Mmmmm, and get the saltiest brand of chips. All of that yummy salt with the onions and peppers.....(we need a salivating smilie!)

Becky- is your recipe missing a cheese? You used 3 cups of two different cheeses and you only have 2 cups of cheddar on the recipe. :)

thanks!

I only crave salt about two days a month...
;)

Kitchen Diva said:
Becky- is your recipe missing a cheese? You used 3 cups of two different cheeses and you only have 2 cups of cheddar on the recipe. :)

thanks!

Those were the changes I made. The original recipe only calls for 2 cups of cheddar, but I used 2 1/2 cups of mixed cheeses.....

Got it- more cheese...and no, I can't add this early in the morning! :)

ChefBeckyD said:
That sounds delicious! You have to take advantage of those "eat as much garlic and onions" times when you can! Mmmmm, and get the saltiest brand of chips. All of that yummy salt with the onions and peppers.....(we need a salivating smilie!)
I say get the touch of lime chips. mmm...

And have a big margarita, too!

chefann said:
I say get the touch of lime chips. mmm...

And have a big margarita, too!

Oh - those are so addictive! LOVE them!:love:

I am making my "famous" BBQ ribs. These ribs were what convinced my DH he needed to marry me- It was the first thing I ever cooked for him, and it was true love!!!!! A friend is coming to spend a few days, and was so excited to hear what we were having. My best friend called me at 7AM Father's Day, for the recipe- I thought there was an emergency, with her calling so early, but no, she just needed the recipe, and could not find it in her files. (she thought it WAS an emergency!!!)

I made the skillet lasanga from the 29 minutes cookbook last night and it was really good, with salda and garlic bread. Tonight we are having pork chops, got some nice sirloin chops on sale yesterday for $1.39 a pound.
grill them with some grilled veggies (freash from our garden)

mrssyvo said:
I am making my "famous" BBQ ribs. These ribs were what convinced my DH he needed to marry me- It was the first thing I ever cooked for him, and it was true love!!!!! A friend is coming to spend a few days, and was so excited to hear what we were having. My best friend called me at 7AM Father's Day, for the recipe- I thought there was an emergency, with her calling so early, but no, she just needed the recipe, and could not find it in her files. (she thought it WAS an emergency!!!)

Okay - you can't post like that and just leave us hanging!:cry:

Recipe, please?:D

Actually, it is not much to it at all, in fact- I do not even consider it a "recipe" but every time I make it, people go nuts. I use country style ribs- (more meat) and here is the process.

Slice 2 large opnions for about 15 ribs- put in large stock pot

Cover ribs liberally with garlic powder and FRESH ground pepper, and add to stock pot, and cover with cold water. Boil them for 45 min to 1 hour.(once water starts boiling, turn it down, so it is a gentle boil) Skim the scum every so often- our skimmer is perfect for this. Take 9x13 stoneware (may need 2, depending on how many ribs)- cover bottom with Sweet Baby Ray's Honey BBQ sauce- then put ribs in, (bone to the side) and onions, and cover with more sauce- cover with foil and bake at 375 for 30 minutes, then take foil off, and bake additional 15 minutes. In the Summer, if I am grilling corn on the cob to go with it, I put the ribs on the grill for last 15 minutes.

It is really easy, but for some reason, everyone raves about them. I am going to put them on to boil now, and then get them ready to bake, and put them in the fridge. It is a great meal to prepare in the morning, and then just set aside, to bake later.

Last edited:
ChefBeckyD said:

Another commonality...:blushing:

One time at camp they asked the husband if your wife was going to have a snack at home, what would she snack on. Most DHs said chocolate or related for their wives, Steve answered chips and dip for me...

I had chips and guacamole the other night as a "snack" and most of my dinner. :blushing:

Last night I got called into work when I was about to cook dinner. I missed dinner, I guess DS had Pop Tarts and DD had cereal (DH must have been too tired to cook something). Luckily I KNOW they both had a huge breakfast and lunch so it was all good.

Tonight, well, I'm running on about 4-5 hours of sleep (hey, beats 2-3 or none) and the kids have swimming tonight and mom comes up to watch them for the W/E while I work. So...we might just go out for pizza tonight, a rare treat. The kids are BEGGING for Pizza Hut...we'll see...

ChefBeckyD said:
Oh - those are so addictive! LOVE them!:love:

My DH's new favorite snack chip is: Sea Salt Pita Chips...

...and on "certain" days if ya know what I mean, I get a craving for salt and vinegar chips...

mrssyvo said:
Actually, it is not much to it at all, in fact- I do not even consider it a "recipe" but every time I make it, people go nuts. I use country style ribs- (more meat) and here is the process.

Cover ribs liberally with garlic powder and FRESH ground pepper, and add to stock pot, and cover with cold water. Boil them for 45 min to 1 hour.(once water starts boiling, turn it down, so it is a gentle boil) Skim the scum every so often- our skimmer is perfect for this. Take 9x13 stoneware (may need 2, depending on how many ribs)- cover bottom with Sweet Baby Ray's Honey BBQ sauce- then put ribs in, (bone to the side) and onions, and cover with more sauce- cover with foil and bake at 375 for 30 minutes, then take foil off, and bake additional 15 minutes. In the Summer, if I am grilling corn on the cob to go with it, I put the ribs on the grill for last 15 minutes.

It is really easy, but for some reason, everyone raves about them. I am going to put them on to boil now, and then get them ready to bake, and put them in the fridge. It is a great meal to prepare in the morning, and then just set aside, to bake later.

Sounds perfect! I love garlic as a rub on meat and love the SBR Honey BBQ sauce! I'll have to try the combo sometime!

DH is home tonight, so I need to fix something good as he eats sandwiches most weeknights for dinner at work.

Crockpot chicken breasts with bacon, egg noodles for the gravy that the chicken makes and don't know what else until I dig in my pantry when I get home.

the combination is incredible- especially when the onions get all "carmeley" with the sauce baked on- YUMMY!!!!!

janetupnorth said:
My DH's new favorite snack chip is: Sea Salt Pita Chips...

...and on "certain" days if ya know what I mean, I get a craving for salt and vinegar chips...

Totally KNOW what you mean! And those certain days will be falling right during conference for me....so we might need to have a snack while we are there!:thumbup:

mrssyvo said:

Thanks! I know that DH would love these - especially if I put them on the grill to finish them! They sound great!

mrssyvo--
Those ribs sound delicious!! I am making a noddle skillet... a hamburger take on the Asian one... since I took burger out of the freezer today!

Well, just found out that DH's buddy is coming over tonight to help move an air compressor (just what we need - another big piece of machinery in the garage) so I have to cook for 3. So breakfast for dinner is out. But DH requested Creamy One Pot Pasta. I thought I had a bag of shrimp in the freezer, but I can't find it (stupid chest freezer. Gotta dig through everything to find something...). So we're going to have meatless. It's cooked with chicken broth, so there's protein in it. :)

chefann said:
Well, just found out that DH's buddy is coming over tonight to help move an air compressor (just what we need - another big piece of machinery in the garage) so I have to cook for 3. So breakfast for dinner is out. But DH requested Creamy One Pot Pasta. I thought I had a bag of shrimp in the freezer, but I can't find it (stupid chest freezer. Gotta dig through everything to find something...). So we're going to have meatless. It's cooked with chicken broth, so there's protein in it. :)

There's not really much protein in the broth....but there is also protein in the cream cheese - and I usually double the cream cheese...so there's your protein!

DH must really like it to request it!:thumbup:

He does. The problem is that he says it's too dry the next day for lunch. "Just make more sauce." um... it's not that easy, hon. :rolleyes: But I have an open jar of alfredo sauce in the fridge and I'll just toss a spoonful of that on top of his lunch serving.I know that I could add chicken, but we just had chicken last night.

Well today we are having left overs from last night. Pork roast sandwhiches and some different kinds of salads. I think a bean salad and maybe a pototoe salad.

We love sandwhiches around here. We are also having sandwhiches for lunch. Brie and cucumber!!! with a melon soup :)

Spaghetti made with ground beef and jarred sauce. I have a meeting tonight, so it has to be a simple dinner.

Now that the thunder and lightening has stopped, though, maybe I can make my German Chocolate Cake Bites without worrying about the power going out again! :chef:

I have some ground beef that needs to be used. So maybe meatballs or a grilled burger...depends on if the rain stops!

Well we had some left overs - I had london broil and grilled chicken left over - added some chipotle rub with garlic oil, lime juice and ketchup - grilled separately (even though both were already cooked) in the grill pan - YUMMO!!! Baked potatoes, and broccoli and carrots steamed and shaked with some basil oil - tossed salad on the side......... fridge is all cleaned out and dinner was the BOMB!

We had hamburger steaks and chili cheese fries.

Becky- I have your macaroni in the oven right now. Too bad I didn't know it was going to be 86 degrees out today- didn't really wanna set my oven to 400 degrees, but oh well- it's what I had planned!

Thanks for the recipe and the idea! :)

I'll let you know how it turns out!

My boss needs kitchen help!So when I was interviewing for the job I just got, my boss mentioned that she really wanted some help with easy or fast or simple recipes to make for dinner. She admitted she wasn't the best cook and really needed some ideas.

I told her I'd help! :) So today I brought her the macaroni recipe that Becky posted (thanks, Becky!) and gave it to her when she came in. She was sooo excited about it! I told her I'd bring her a new recipe about 3 times a week.

So with the help of this daily thread, and all of you, I'd love for you to keep posting recipes with a little blurb about how you love it, or how your family loves it, etc... I'll help my boss become a super cook yet! :)

Thanks again for all the great ideas and recipes you share here...please keep them coming! They have even helped me in a pinch when I wasn't sure what to make for supper.

PamperedDor said:
Well we had some left overs - I had london broil and grilled chicken left over - added some chipotle rub with garlic oil, lime juice and ketchup - grilled separately (even though both were already cooked) in the grill pan - YUMMO!!! Baked potatoes, and broccoli and carrots steamed and shaked with some basil oil - tossed salad on the side......... fridge is all cleaned out and dinner was the BOMB!

Well the clean fridge is not a 5 thing, but your dinner being the bomb- clearly a 5 thing if ya get my drift! :)

You've got to try this!! It's called ""Parmesan Crusted Chicken" (Add whichever side dishes appeal to you) Preheat oven to 425. Combine 1/2C mayonnaise, and 1/4C Parmesan cheese. (You'll have leftovers to use for sandwiches later...) Put 4 chicken breasts on a barpan, and spread the mayo mixture on top in a thickish layer. Then sprinkle Italian breadcrumbs over the top. Bake for 20 minutes, chicken temp should be 165. MOIST and DELICIOUS!!! My hubby says he could eat it everyday...LOL

cookin to the top said:
You've got to try this!! It's called ""Parmesan Crusted Chicken" (Add whichever side dishes appeal to you) Preheat oven to 425. Combine 1/2C mayonnaise, and 1/4C Parmesan cheese. (You'll have leftovers to use for sandwiches later...) Put 4 chicken breasts on a barpan, and spread the mayo mixture on top in a thickish layer. Then sprinkle Italian breadcrumbs over the top. Bake for 20 minutes, chicken temp should be 165. MOIST and DELICIOUS!!! My hubby says he could eat it everyday...LOL
I will try it! :) Thanks!!

Hey I guess its a Virgo thing then - all good!! I will start searching for my easy recipes and post - one that sells my 12 inch skillet is so easy -

Butter
Garlic
Chicken breasts or tenderloins (frozen from Costco)
Broccoli
Cheddar Cheese

Melt butter and add garlic (using of course our press ) saute in the skillet the chicken (tenderlions can still be frozen - no biggy) steam broccoli - add broccoli to chicken skillet - top with cheddar cheese and bake or cover on stove top 20 minutes - throw on some rice or egg noodles - done...... We call it Chicken Michael - no idea why.....

Creamy One Pot Pasta is soooooo good!! I added 1 small onion, sliced with the garlic, so it just about disintegrated by the time it was done. I also used far less sun dried tomatoes than it called for, and added 8 oz. sliced white mushrooms. DH and his buddy got some warm shrimp on their servings. (I don't eat shrimp.) And, as always, I used the whole block of cream cheese instead of half.

I love the Creamy one pot pasta as well - thats is tomorrows dinner - like the idea with the mushrooms Ann - did you add the shrimp to the pasta plate after serving? Not in the pot right? Did you grill them in the grill pan or on the grill or just boil? Sounds good so I might add the shrimp instead of chicken tomorrow.

I cheated and bought a bag of peeled, cooked shrimp (frozen). I just thawed them under hot water and warmed them in the microwave, then placed them on top of the noodles in the guys' bowls. (The dots pasta bowls are perfect for this recipe!!) I just add the mushrooms at the same time as the other veg. And I NEVER measure the broccoli - I just use a whole head.

Thanks - I love the shrimp idea - I too never measure any vegs - figured they are healthy right? So I know what I am having for dinner tomorrow night - na na na na na!!! (LOL)

What's funny is that DH has started paying more attention to food recently - mostly because I'll watch Top Chef, and he usually ends up watching the last 20 minutes or so, when they have Judges Table. He looked in his bowl tonight and said, "Ooh. It's nice and colorful tonight." Which is a back-handed compliment (as if I usually only serve him boring meals).

LOL - now he is a judge - YOU being the better person then me would have made a really rude remark - ya can do better there babe? Make it yourself...!

I probably would have told him that I could show him how colorful a meal can get.... LOL

Just kidding - he knows better then to mess with my cooking!

I would just be happy if my hubby would try something NEW!! He is so dang picky that it drives me insane!!!!!!!!:grumpy:

Here's something I haven't made in a couple of weeks, but it gets rave reviews (from the whole family, so it must be good!).

I don't measure except by sight, so I'll give you approximate measurements for 4 people, make whatever changes you feel necessary:

1 cup penne pasta (I use whole grain, and nobody seems to notice)
2 boxes frozen spinach (take out of freezer while prepping, but otherwise do not defrost).
1 can cream of brocolli (or other variation of your choice)
1 can Rotel tomatoes (choose your personal preferance of spiciness)
1/2 lb cooked shrimp or 3 chicken breasts cooked and diced (optional)
1T Pampered Pantry Greek Rub

Boil pasta per directions; drain leaving about 1T liquid; return to pot and return to heat
Add spinach, tomatoes, and soup; mix until spinach is completely thawed
Add meat and seasoning, heat thoroughly.
Serve warm

You can also add cream cheese, ala Creamy One Pot Pasta, if you like a creamier sauce.

Hmm, I might have to make this this weekend!

Sarah

Becky- we LOVED the mac-n-cheese! I used less than the amount called for of the bread crumbs, because DH is weird about those. I would actually use even less when I make it again because they sucked up all my cheese- and I felt robbed! :( I diced some cooked ham (for additional protein) and put that in...all in all- it was wonderful! :) THANKS!

chefann said:
Creamy One Pot Pasta is soooooo good!! I added 1 small onion, sliced with the garlic, so it just about disintegrated by the time it was done. I also used far less sun dried tomatoes than it called for, and added 8 oz. sliced white mushrooms. DH and his buddy got some warm shrimp on their servings. (I don't eat shrimp.) And, as always, I used the whole block of cream cheese instead of half.

I'm going to have to break down and make that, aren't I?

Hmmmm

Kitchen Diva said:
Becky- we LOVED the mac-n-cheese! I used less than the amount called for of the bread crumbs, because DH is weird about those. I would actually use even less when I make it again because they sucked up all my cheese- and I felt robbed! :( I diced some cooked ham (for additional protein) and put that in...all in all- it was wonderful! :) THANKS!
So glad you liked it! I don't buy processed cheese food (also known as (velveeta) and almost every recipe for homemade mac n cheese calls for it....this one didn't, and at the same time, seemed quick and easy! I had everything in the house I needed to make it - and my guys thought they were eating gourmet! I didn't use all of the bread crumbs it called for either - and I think we would like it just as well without them - then it would get that nice cheesy crust on it.:chef:eta - oh, and I use Barilla Plus pasta w/ extra protein and fiber....so mine was high protein even without adding meat!

<h2>What is everyone having for supper tonight?</h2><p>This is a common question that we often get asked at Pampered Chef. It's always fun to hear about new recipes and ideas. Feel free to share your go-to dinner plans with us!</p><h2>Do you have any new recipes to share?</h2><p>We love trying out new recipes and sharing them with our fellow Cheffers. If you have a delicious and easy dinner recipe, please share it with us! We're always looking for new ideas to spice up our meals.</p><h2>Do you have any suggestions for a quick and easy dinner?</h2><p>We understand that sometimes life gets busy and there's not a lot of time to prepare a meal. That's why we have a variety of quick and easy dinner recipes that are perfect for those hectic days. Check out our website for some inspiration!</p><h2>I'm in a dinner rut, can you help?</h2><p>We all go through dinner ruts from time to time. Our suggestion is to try something new and different. Our Pampered Chef consultants can help you find a recipe that fits your taste and lifestyle. Don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and try something new!</p><h2>What are some good options for dinner tonight using Pampered Chef products?</h2><p>We have a wide range of products that can help make dinner time easier and more enjoyable. From our quick and easy microwave recipes to our versatile stoneware, there are endless possibilities for a delicious dinner using Pampered Chef products. Browse our website or ask your consultant for some dinner ideas using our products!</p>

What is everyone having for supper tonight?

This is a common question that we often get asked at Pampered Chef. It's always fun to hear about new recipes and ideas. Feel free to share your go-to dinner plans with us!

Do you have any new recipes to share?

We love trying out new recipes and sharing them with our fellow Cheffers. If you have a delicious and easy dinner recipe, please share it with us! We're always looking for new ideas to spice up our meals.

Do you have any suggestions for a quick and easy dinner?

We understand that sometimes life gets busy and there's not a lot of time to prepare a meal. That's why we have a variety of quick and easy dinner recipes that are perfect for those hectic days. Check out our website for some inspiration!

I'm in a dinner rut, can you help?

We all go through dinner ruts from time to time. Our suggestion is to try something new and different. Our Pampered Chef consultants can help you find a recipe that fits your taste and lifestyle. Don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and try something new!

What are some good options for dinner tonight using Pampered Chef products?

We have a wide range of products that can help make dinner time easier and more enjoyable. From our quick and easy microwave recipes to our versatile stoneware, there are endless possibilities for a delicious dinner using Pampered Chef products. Browse our website or ask your consultant for some dinner ideas using our products!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
GourmetGirl
  • Kitchen Diva
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Ann F
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies