• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you seen The Notebook and are you ready for a romantic evening?

In summary, today many people are going to have different meals due to various reasons. Some are having leftovers from their niece's graduation party, some are having spaghetti, some are having breakfast for dinner, and some are having homemade dips with vegetable sticks.
janetupnorth said:
I don't know why, but this reminded me of Becky's "It's raining cats and dogs thread" and when I read "things are flying off the deck", I pictured a cat going MEOW and flying off the deck sideways...

(Guess it was funnier in my mind...) :D

Well, especially when she prefaced it with "let me get the pets...."!

I gotta tell ya, I LOVE this "The authority of the believer" I rebuke the storm in Jesus' name, and it calms down. We still have rain and wind, but not the super bad wind that was blowing 5 minutes ago. They clocked the wind at 65 mph at the airport which is only about 25/30 minutes from here.

So much for the strawberry festival! They JUST finished the fireworks and now everyone is drenched...

ChefBeckyD said:
Well, especially when she prefaced it with "let me get the pets...."!
HAHAH- two comedians you guys are! :) I wanted to make sure they were downstairs just in case it got really ugly outside.

Yeah - and they are saying it's supposed to be here tomorrow. Hmmm, the Pork Tenderloin on the Grill for Father's Day may have to be rethunk....

Just make cookies! :)

Hey, you can grill in a storm...put it out there, put the lid down and just check on it between raindrops! ;)

Uh Becky? Why are you still up?

Because DH and I are watching a movie on CBS that always makes me cry....but he seems to interested in it too for some reason...

I think it's called The Notebook.

It's about a woman with Alzheimer's and her DH....Gina Rowlands, and James Garner...somebody help me out here....

Oh - and I just figured out that if I have 28 posts a day between now and Conference, I can be a Rainbow by then!:D

ChefBeckyD said:
Oh - and I just figured out that if I have 28 posts a day between now and Conference, I can be a Rainbow by then!:D

Go Becky - you can join me so I'm not all alone as a Rainbow in Wave #1!!!!

My oatmeal cookie recipe.Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl combine the following dry ingredients:
1 tsp cinnamon
1 pinch of nutmeg
(I also add a dash of apple pie spice- I know it's redundant but I do it anyway)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 -1 3/4 cup flour- stir to blend and set aside...

Blend the following in a large mixing bowl: 1 cup sugar, 1 cup brown sugar (tightly packed) 1 cup shortening (I use crisco) 2 eggs, 2 tsp vanilla extract.

Mix on medium-low speed until blended. Slowly add the dry ingredients, once blended add the following to the dough:
3/4-1 cup shredded coconut
1 1/2-2 cups oatmeal
Dried Craisins (optional and as much as you'd like)

If the dough seems dry, add 1 TB milk, if it seems sticky, add more oatmeal and even more coconut if you'd like- or add the full amount of flour listed above from the dry ingredients...

My measurements aren't exact because I go based on how this dough looks in order to know if it is just right. So maybe just add the smaller measurement of flour to the dry ingredients and keep the extra flour out to see if you need to add a bit more. The dough should be somewhat sticky- you don't want it dry and you don't want it wet... shoot for in between.

Bake for 15-20 minutes depending on how golden you want them. I always bake them as little as possible because if the center is just cooked or slightly under-cooked it results in a much chewier cookie! :)

ChefBeckyD said:
you only need 28?

Well, I have to go to bed but I may try your version tomorrow! :)

I'm off to make cookies. I made myself hungry! :)

Thanks Kacey!

Oh - and The Notebook is just ending....and I am crying...and DH is sniffling too. (He would be sooo ticked if he knew I was sharing that!) AND he just said "That was a good movie."

:eek: He must be wantin a little romance tonight!:rolleyes: :p ;)

ChefBeckyD said:
Thanks Kacey!

Oh - and The Notebook is just ending....and I am crying...and DH is sniffling too. (He would be sooo ticked if he knew I was sharing that!) AND he just said "That was a good movie."

so does my DH---

Thanks to all this allergy medicine I'm soooo not on the same page as he is.

Becky, did you make the cookies? Let me know how you like them- and feel free to change whatever you want in my recipe. I rarely make things the same way twice and always add or take out things to suit our tastes!

I am sending Jennifer a WW otameal cookie recipe, it is so yummy.
I can share with the others if anyone wants it :)

Are you saying mine isn't WW friendly? Them is fightin' werds! ;)

Kitchen Diva said:
Becky, did you make the cookies? Let me know how you like them- and feel free to change whatever you want in my recipe. I rarely make things the same way twice and always add or take out things to suit our tastes!

Hey Kacey - I haven't made them yet - I don't have any shortening. Do you think they would be fine with butter?

I don't usually have shortening - but I can go tomorrow to the health food store and get a brand that is non-hydrogenated.....We are leaving the end of the week to go camping, and I always bake cookies to take - and I thought if I made these it would make everyone happy. I might throw in some chocolate chips too!

I believe butter will make them crispier, but I guess I don't see why it wouldn't work. To the best of my knowledge butter will also make them a bit flatter- so you may need to add the full amount of flour and oatmeal. Play around- your the chef, and I'm still just the gal who was accepted at Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Institute...and I haven't started yet... :)

Kitchen Diva said:
I believe butter will make them crispier, but I guess I don't see why it wouldn't work. To the best of my knowledge butter will also make them a bit flatter- so you may need to add the full amount of flour and oatmeal. Play around- your the chef, and I'm still just the gal who was accepted at Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Institute...and I haven't started yet... :)

See, my problem is that I LOVE to cook....and don't care to bake.

I always say that cooking is an art, but baking is a science...and I always sucked at science...

I bake because I have to (for DH & DS). If you've noticed, when I have questions about food preparation, it almost always has to do with baking!;)

ChefBeckyD said:
See, my problem is that I LOVE to cook....and don't care to bake.

I always say that cooking is an art, but baking is a science...and I always sucked at science...

I bake because I have to (for DH & DS). If you've noticed, when I have questions about food preparation, it almost always has to do with baking!;)

Well I love to bake and am fairly good at it. When I was interviewing with the acceptance staff at Le Cordon Bleu, I had a hard time deciding between taking the Patisserie & Baking course or taking the Culinary Arts course.

If it helps, Crisco does not contain trans fats- but I hear ya on the hydrogenated oil... I only use crisco for my oatmeal cookies. It's the only reason it's in my house!

My belief is that these cookies taste better with shortening and the texture may very well change if you use a shortening that is healthier. At best you could go half butter and half shortening... Unless you could find a shortening made from coconut oil- that's better than soybean oil. :)

Give it a try, at the worst they will have a strange texture and won't be chewy and at best they'll be almost as good as mine! :) LOL

Kitchen Diva said:
Well I love to bake and am fairly good at it. When I was interviewing with the acceptance staff at Le Cordon Bleu, I had a hard time deciding between taking the Patisserie & Baking course or taking the Culinary Arts course.

If it helps, Crisco does not contain trans fats- but I hear ya on the hydrogenated oil... I only use crisco for my oatmeal cookies. It's the only reason it's in my house!

My belief is that these cookies taste better with shortening and the texture may very well change if you use a shortening that is healthier. At best you could go half butter and half shortening... Unless you could find a shortening made from coconut oil- that's better than soybean oil. :)

Give it a try, at the worst they will have a strange texture and won't be chewy and at best they'll be almost as good as mine! :) LOL

Hey! I have coconut oil here! It's solid at room temp...maybe I could just use that...or use it half and half with butter.

This is exactly how I get into trouble baking - I always want to switch too many ingredients. For me, any recipe is just a springboard....:rolleyes:

ChefBeckyD said:
Hey! I have coconut oil here! It's solid at room temp...maybe I could just use that...or use it half and half with butter.

This is exactly how I get into trouble baking - I always want to switch too many ingredients. For me, any recipe is just a springboard....:rolleyes:
I was just reading that up until 1970 shortening was made from coconut oil. Then they switched to soybean oil and people started getting obese...

I'm guessing you could try it, I don't know if it would work. When it comes to cookies, I put the fat in that it calls for because I know it was chosen for a reason. 4 dozen cookies made with shortening won't hurt- unless you eat them all the time. :) Like I said, the shortening is in my house for oatmeal cookies only, and I normally make oatmeal cookies maybe 2 times a year!

ChefBeckyD said:
Thanks Kacey!

I watched that last night, while eating my oh-so-non WW friendly fudge brownie and cookie dough ice cream. I usually read the book before I see the movie, but no one else is home and it seemed like a chickflick that DH wouldn't want to watch anyway... It was really good! Now I really do want to read the book... off to the library on Monday!

<h2>1. Have you seen The Notebook and are you ready for a romantic evening?</h2><p>Yes, I have seen The Notebook and I am always ready for a romantic evening! Whether it's a cozy dinner at home or a night out on the town, I love creating special moments with my partner.</p><h2>2. What are some romantic cooking ideas for a date night at home?</h2><p>As a Pampered Chef consultant, I have plenty of ideas for a romantic cooking night at home! Some of my favorites include making homemade pizza or trying out a new recipe together. We also have some great fondue sets and dessert recipes that are perfect for a romantic evening.</p><h2>3. Do you have any tips for creating a romantic atmosphere while cooking?</h2><p>Absolutely! Set the mood with some soft music, dim lighting, and candles. Use our versatile kitchen tools to create a beautiful table setting and don't forget to add some fresh flowers for a touch of romance. And of course, don't be afraid to get a little creative with your recipes and presentation.</p><h2>4. Can you recommend any specific Pampered Chef products for a romantic dinner?</h2><p>Definitely! Our stoneware collection is perfect for creating delicious meals and it also adds a touch of elegance to any dinner table. Our grill pans and grilling tools are also great for a cozy dinner for two. And don't forget our wide selection of cookbooks for some romantic recipe inspiration.</p><h2>5. Is there a particular recipe that you would suggest for a romantic dinner?</h2><p>I absolutely love our Garlic & Herb Baked Brie recipe. It's easy to make and perfect for sharing with your significant other. You can also add a personal touch by using our heart-shaped stoneware for baking. And for dessert, our Chocolate Lava Cake is always a hit for a romantic evening.</p><h2>What's for Dinner Tonight?</h2><p>I'm planning on making spaghetti for dinner tonight! It's a crowd-pleaser and easy to whip up after a busy day. Plus, it's the perfect meal to enjoy with family and friends. Bon appétit!</p>

1. Have you seen The Notebook and are you ready for a romantic evening?

Yes, I have seen The Notebook and I am always ready for a romantic evening! Whether it's a cozy dinner at home or a night out on the town, I love creating special moments with my partner.

2. What are some romantic cooking ideas for a date night at home?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I have plenty of ideas for a romantic cooking night at home! Some of my favorites include making homemade pizza or trying out a new recipe together. We also have some great fondue sets and dessert recipes that are perfect for a romantic evening.

3. Do you have any tips for creating a romantic atmosphere while cooking?

Absolutely! Set the mood with some soft music, dim lighting, and candles. Use our versatile kitchen tools to create a beautiful table setting and don't forget to add some fresh flowers for a touch of romance. And of course, don't be afraid to get a little creative with your recipes and presentation.

4. Can you recommend any specific Pampered Chef products for a romantic dinner?

Definitely! Our stoneware collection is perfect for creating delicious meals and it also adds a touch of elegance to any dinner table. Our grill pans and grilling tools are also great for a cozy dinner for two. And don't forget our wide selection of cookbooks for some romantic recipe inspiration.

5. Is there a particular recipe that you would suggest for a romantic dinner?

I absolutely love our Garlic & Herb Baked Brie recipe. It's easy to make and perfect for sharing with your significant other. You can also add a personal touch by using our heart-shaped stoneware for baking. And for dessert, our Chocolate Lava Cake is always a hit for a romantic evening.

What's for Dinner Tonight?

I'm planning on making spaghetti for dinner tonight! It's a crowd-pleaser and easy to whip up after a busy day. Plus, it's the perfect meal to enjoy with family and friends. Bon appétit!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sklay723
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • pamperedbybarbara