• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you seen The Notebook and are you ready for a romantic evening?

In summary, today many people are going to have different meals due to various reasons. Some are having leftovers from their niece's graduation party, some are having spaghetti, some are having breakfast for dinner, and some are having homemade dips with vegetable sticks.
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
pygmy_cooking_lunch_sm_nwm.gif

Sorry this is getting started late in the day! Rennea obviously does a much better job- but she has family visiting.

So, what is everyone doing for supper tonight?

I think we'll be having spaghetti!
0036.gif

We had a Graduation Open House last night for my niece, and I was there all evening helping out. Had a show this morning, didn't get home until 2:30 (long story) and DH said the BIL & SIL called to see if we wanted to come have dinner with them and eat graduation left-overs. I think that is what we are going to do. DS loves to go there - to play with his little boy cousins who are 5 & 7. They live on a hobby farm with a pony, and sheep (baby lambs right now too!), and cats, and 2 Golden Lab puppies....and a Golf Cart! So - no cooking for me tonight!

That sounds like so much fun! I wish I could come! :) DH had to go to our niece's open house without me today because of allergies. I made some spaghetti sauce and meatballs last week. I took the extra out of the freezer today and we will have that with garlic bread.

I wanted a salad but for some reason when I went to the store yesterday they were all out of lettuce. Who runs out of lettuce? I won't buy that stuff in a bag because it has a strange almost bitter taste to it. So no veggies for me. DH will be happy about that.

Kitchen Diva said:
That sounds like so much fun! I wish I could come! :) DH had to go to our niece's open house without me today because of allergies. I made some spaghetti sauce and meatballs last week. I took the extra out of the freezer today and we will have that with garlic bread.

I wanted a salad but for some reason when I went to the store yesterday they were all out of lettuce. Who runs out of lettuce? I won't buy that stuff in a bag because it has a strange almost bitter taste to it. So no veggies for me. DH will be happy about that.

Come on over Kacey! What fun we could have! Oh - and the weather is pretty darn near perfect today. 80 degrees, sunny, and a slight breeze!

Which would also be why at my show this morning, only 3 of her expected 10 guests showed up!:grumpy:

ChefBeckyD said:
Come on over Kacey! What fun we could have! Oh - and the weather is pretty darn near perfect today. 80 degrees, sunny, and a slight breeze!

Which would also be why at my show this morning, only 3 of her expected 10 guests showed up!:grumpy:
They don't know what they missed! (slackers!)

I would come over if you didn't live so far away. We have gorgeous weather today as well. I'd say it's about 76/78 degrees outside, sunny and a nice breeze- very nice! Enjoy the time with friends.

Breakfast for dinner tonight.Late tonight too, when my DH comes home. He approved the idea...especially if breakfast includes potatoes.Menu: Pancakes in the bar pan, country fried potatoes, sausages and scrambed eggs.

Kitchen Diva said:

YAAA, As if....who does run out of lettuce?? Wassup with that? I do buy bagged lettuce sometimes when I am in a hurry.
One of our neighbors came over to swim ( the pool is lovely and weather is great today)and I just came in to feed the little ones and saw it was 6 oclock and we have not eaten yet. The kids were snacking on bananas and pretzels, so they are not too hungry either. The DH's were drinking beer and no mentione of dinner yet. I am hungry, maybe I'll pop a WW pizza in the oven and eat some fruit.

DH isn't home yet from our niece's grad party in Wisconsin so I just put a pizza in the oven. I know- real exciting, huh?

We are having Zatarain's New Orleans style Jambalaya Mix rice in our Rice Cooker, and Grilled Shrimp with Citrus Basil seasoning in our new Grill Basket.
The house smell good, already from the rice cooking. I added an extra can
of the GOYA black beans to get in a veggie.

Grandmarita said:
We are having Zatarain's New Orleans style Jambalaya Mix rice in our Rice Cooker, and Grilled Shrimp with Citrus Basil seasoning in our new Grill Basket.
The house smell good, already from the rice cooking. I added an extra can
of the GOYA black beans to get in a veggie.

That sounds yummy!

It was quite hot today here in England, and Jen and I had a late-ish lunch, so we settled on a couple of home-made dips in the Prep Bowls with veg sticks cut up with the crinkle cutter for a proper PC tea! ;)

pamperedthorpe said:
It was quite hot today here in England, and Jen and I had a late-ish lunch, so we settled on a couple of home-made dips in the Prep Bowls with veg sticks cut up with the crinkle cutter for a proper PC tea! ;)

Awesome! :) Sounds nice and bloody refreshing! :) LOL (someday I'll tell you my story about a good friend I have that lives in England that loved when I tried to talk like I was from there myself- too funny!)

Kitchen Diva said:
bloody refreshing!
It would've only been bloody if Jen had been a bit less careful with the crinkle cutter! ;) :p It did mean I didn't get to cook the chicken I'd got out of the freezer for dinner though. :rolleyes:

pamperedthorpe said:
It would've only been bloody if Jen had been a bit less careful with the crinkle cutter! ;) :p It did mean I didn't get to cook the chicken I'd got out of the freezer for dinner though. :rolleyes:

Too funny!

This friend of mine sent me about 200 pages of brittish slang and other words and phrases that the locals frequently use over there- I wish I could find it! He would make me write to him using only the phrases and words that were in that "book" he sent me. I miss the guy- wonder how he's doing.

I love using the crinkle cutter on English cucumbers, then using them to dip
our dill dip rather than cracker. I also use my crinkle cutter when I make
deviled eggs. Gives them a unique rippled edge. My Grand daughter loves
my stew because I crinkle cut the carrots. Her Mom bought a crinkle cutter
very quickly after Stephanie's remarks.

The Crinkle Cutter is Jen's favourite gadget. She uses it to cut her sandwiches in half without spreading half the filling all over the worktop.

We had the Chicken Club ring with left over chicken from last night.

jrstephens said:
We had the Chicken Club ring with left over chicken from last night.
Is that good? I've wanted to make some of our wreaths, braids and rings, but it seems there is always at least one or two ingredients within each recipe that make me scratch my head and go "HUH, will that taste good with that?"

So I haven't tried one yet.

My pizza was boring.

Steak and pasta. I didn't use any ingredients from the PC Pantry, but I did marinade the steak in the Classic Batter Bowl, stirred the marinade and the pasta with the Mix & Scraper, used the Chef's Tongs to turn the meat in the marinade, and place it on the Large Bar Pan for cooking. I also used the Oven Mitt and Hot Pad/Trivet.

And, that's why I became a consultant in the first place! Figured if I'm going to be using the tools all the time, I may as well sell them. :chef:

We're having leftovers, but I'm in the midst of sauteing baby portabellas for The Furry Guy. He requested them to go with the leftovers.

Had burgers and turkey burgers at camp since I was working...Last night we had early Father's Day dinner and had beef tenderloin with the Bourbon Cream sauce. I have extra sauce and I might just make some egg noodles and put some sauce over it. It is kind of like a beef stroganoff sauce in a way...Hmm...might be a late-night snack.Oh, and I had a Java Chip Blended Ice Coffee with Irish Cream flavoring this afternoon.

Kitchen Diva said:
Is that good? I've wanted to make some of our wreaths, braids and rings, but it seems there is always at least one or two ingredients within each recipe that make me scratch my head and go "HUH, will that taste good with that?"

So I haven't tried one yet.

My pizza was boring.

We love it. Russell is very picky and he eats it too. We have had it several times. I love the taco ring too. Those are the only two I have tried.

As much as we love the Spinach Artichoke Dip, I keep saying I am going to try the ring, but haven't.

Thin crust pepperoni/green pepper pizza
salad
fudge brownie and ice cream

and it just came to the door, so I'm off to eat!!

Ooo, brownies sound yummy. And I just polished off a pan of rice krispies, so I could go and make some. :)

My DH just asked for Oatmeal Craisin cookies. However, I think he's about to fall asleep!

Those sound good, too! I need to bake something, it's been two days! I'm going through withdrawls...

I use the recipe for "vanishing oatmeal cookies" from the Quaker can. :) They're good!

janetupnorth said:
I use the recipe for "vanishing oatmeal cookies" from the Quaker can. :) They're good!
I have one that is better, and it has a secret ingredient. I used to sell my cookie dough to my friend's mothers (I have NO idea where to put the apostrophe) in high school to earn spending money for choir, band and class trips!

Kitchen Diva said:
I have one that is better, and it has a secret ingredient. I used to sell my cookie dough to my friend's mothers (I have NO idea where to put the apostrophe) in high school to earn spending money for choir, band and class trips!

Nutmeg????

oh darn, I have to make a baked good for the Father's Day church bake sale tomorow ( yes Kacey, I am going to church, again :)). I only have 4 eggs left and DH wants french toast for Father's Day breakfast. I didn't go to the store since we are leaving on vacation. Looks like I have to go out and get me some eggs or maybe I'll see if my neighbor has any, she owes me at least a dozen. I'll go egg shopping on my street. I am the neighborhood
do-gooder, how can they resist me??? hee hee

janetupnorth said:
Nutmeg????
good call, I normally put that in anyway...so no, it's not nutmeg. You would never guess what it is, so I will give you a clue.

It makes them REALLY chewy and moist- but surprisingly enough the cookie does not taste like the ingredient

merego said:
oh darn, I have to make a baked good for the Father's Day church bake sale tomorow ( yes Kacey, I am going to church, again :)). I only have 4 eggs left and DH wants french toast for Father's Day breakfast. I didn't go to the store since we are leaving on vacation. Looks like I have to go out and get me some eggs or maybe I'll see if my neighbor has any, she owes me at least a dozen. I'll go egg shopping on my street. I am the neighborhood
do-gooder, how can they resist me??? hee hee
Good for you, Mere!

I'll be there with you in spirit!

Kitchen Diva said:
good call, I normally put that in anyway...so no, it's not nutmeg. You would never guess what it is, so I will give you a clue.It makes them REALLY chewy and moist- but surprisingly enough the cookie does not taste like the ingredient
Alcohol...beer or wine or something...

janetupnorth said:
Alcohol...beer or wine or something...
Yeah, cuz I'm such a guzzler.

No- I'll give you another clue. It is often used in candies...

Kitchen Diva said:
good call, I normally put that in anyway...so no, it's not nutmeg. You would never guess what it is, so I will give you a clue.

It makes them REALLY chewy and moist- but surprisingly enough the cookie does not taste like the ingredient

Prune Paste,

Tomato Soup,

ummmm, I'll keep thinking...

All I can think of right now is corn syrup! :(

We had Donatos Pizza, my DD had a softball tourney and they WON the championship so the team all met up for a Championship Dinner!

Hey if Becky and I both thought of it, that must be it! ;)

Okay here is your final clue. It is white.

Marshmallow Cream?

Sweetened Condensed Milk?

nope- the secret ingredient is....

Shredded Coconut- about 1 cup! They make my cookies to die for, and they do NOT taste coconutty!

Kitchen Diva said:
nope- the secret ingredient is....

Shredded Coconut- about 1 cup! They make my cookies to die for, and they do NOT taste coconutty!

I thought of that, but second-guessed myself and figured, naw, couldn't be! (At that point you posted the "moist" hint and I figured it had to be more liquid-like).

Nope, coconut makes them incredibly moist and very chewy. It adds a nice texture and absorbs the apple pie spice I put in there, so you don't taste this overwhelming coconut flavor. I love coconut, but don't alwasy want to taste it, I just want the benefits of it. :)

janetupnorth said:
I thought of that, but second-guessed myself and figured, naw, couldn't be! (At that point you posted the "moist" hint and I figured it had to be more liquid-like).
HA! Me too Janet!

But, now, I am going to have to make some Oatmeal Cookies - so you might as well post your recipe Kacey! (Please?:blushing: )

Okay, hang on, I'll go get it.... Sorry, I followed it with chewy...so I figured that would eliminate the liquids...

Hang on ladies, we've got 65 mph winds coming- just came out of nowhere...let me get the pets downstairs, and close some windows, go rebuke the weather and I'll be back as soon as I can. Things are flying off the deck...

Kitchen Diva said:
Hang on ladies, we've got 65 mph winds coming- just came out of nowhere...let me get the pets downstairs, and close some windows, go rebuke the weather and I'll be back as soon as I can. Things are flying off the deck...

I don't know why, but this reminded me of Becky's "It's raining cats and dogs thread" and when I read "things are flying off the deck", I pictured a cat going MEOW and flying off the deck sideways...

(Guess it was funnier in my mind...) :D

Ooh...just looked it up on Weather Tap...lovely storm front! That will hit us in awhile too!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sklay723
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • pamperedbybarbara