• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's for Dinner? July 12Th---

In summary, Kacey is preparing a meal tonight that will include chicken breasts that she has seasoned with a Moroccan spice blend. She is grilling out chicken and potatoes and carrots.
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
Hey cheffers- I thought I'd post an entire meal recipe today- I hope you all enjoy. It's from a website I belong to---

Tonight I think we'll be having one pot creamy pasta! :)

Here are your entire meal of the day recipes...

Chicken Breasts with Herb Sauce, Bacon and Mustard Mashed Potatoes, Buttered Zucchini, Fantastic Fruit
Prep Cook Cals Fat Fat% Chol Pro Carb Fiber Sugar Sod.
75 min 25 min 913 24.6g 24% 140mg 51.8g 129.3g 14.9g 76.1g 522mg
view detailed nutritional information
Dietary Exchanges: Milk: 0.1, Vegetable: 1.9, Fruit: 2.9, Bread: 2.6, Lean meat: 0.4, Fat: 3.8, Sugar: 2.1, Very lean meat protein: 5.1

Chicken Breasts with Herb SaucePrep: 15 min, Cook: 25 min.
1 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. olive oil
1-1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 clove garlic, minced
2 onions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1 cup chicken stock
1/2 tsp. thyme, or 1-1/2 Tbs. fresh, chopped
1/2 tsp. marjoram, or 1-1/2 tsp. fresh, chopped
1/2 cup tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
1 Tbs. parsley, chopped
Heat oil in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Sauté chicken breasts 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer to a platter and keep warm. Sauté garlic and onion in same skillet over medium low heat 6-7 minutes or until softened, stirring frequently. When onion turns golden stir in vinegar, stock, thyme and marjoram. Increase heat to medium high. Boil mixture 3-4 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon to deglaze. Stir in chopped tomato and chicken with any juices that have accumulated on the platter. Add parsley and simmer 2-3 minutes until chicken is cooked throughout. Serve chicken with herb sauce.

Per serving: calories 282, fat 7.3g, 24% calories from fat, cholesterol 99mg, protein 42.0g, carbohydrates 11.1g, fiber 1.5g, sugar 6.7g, sodium 311mg, diet points 6.5.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bacon and Mustard Mashed PotatoesPrep: 15 min, Cook: 15 min.
4 bacon slices, chopped
1-1/4 lbs. potatoes, peeled, each cut into eighths
2 Tbs. unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp. sugar
1 Tbs. coarse grain mustard
1 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. fresh parsley, chopped
Heat a heavy nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Cook bacon 5-6 minutes stirring frequently until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Place potatoes in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover pan and steam 10-12 minutes or until tender. Drain. Mash well with potato masher or fork. Add next 3 ingredients and beat until butter is melted. Add bacon, mustard and parsley and mix thoroughly.

Per serving: calories 252, fat 9.1g, 32% calories from fat, cholesterol 24mg, protein 5.9g, carbohydrates 37.9g, fiber 3.5g, sugar 4.3g, sodium 193mg, diet points 5.6.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttered ZucchiniPrep: 5 min, Cook: 10 min.
1-1/4 lbs. zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch slices
2 Tbs. unsalted butter
Place zucchini in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover saucepan and steam 4-5 minutes or until tender. Drain zucchini and return to saucepan. Add butter, salt and pepper to taste. Cover and set aside until ready to serve.

Per serving: calories 74, fat 6.5g, 69% calories from fat, cholesterol 16mg, protein 1.0g, carbohydrates 5.6g, fiber 2.0g, sugar 3.2g, sodium 5mg, diet points 2.1.

Fantastic Fruit
Prep: 40 min.
1-1/2 tsp. whipping cream
2/3 cup sugar
2 Hawaiian papayas, peeled, seeded and cut into large chunks
1-1/3 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
2-3/4 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
11 ounces watermelon, sliced and cut in triangles
3/4 orange, peeled and cut
Place whipping cream, mixing bowl and beaters in freezer for 30 minutes. Combine sugar and fruit in a large bowl and let stand. Whip cream and divide fruit among individual serving dishes. Top with whipped cream.

Per serving: calories 308, fat 1.8g, 5% calories from fat, cholesterol 3mg, protein 3.0g, carbohydrates 75.5g, fiber 8.0g, sugar 62.5g, sodium 13mg, diet points 5.2.

Kacey, what time should I be there?
I am not sure yet what we are having for dinner. Something fattening b/c I am starting a 10 day diet on Monday and so I am eating the junk now!!

Holy moly! Dinner? I need to take something out of the freezer!

Should I take out Pork Tenderloin, boneless/skinless Chicken Breast or 7-bone chuck roast?

Kacey, I'll be coming along with Chris :)

I think I may make some type of chicken casserole tonight, but we may grill out if it doesn't rain, I am not sure yet.

I am having my open house today so I'm not sure what we will have tonight, we are taking my daughter to the movies after the show so maybe a cheese pretzel!

We are having lasagna and garlic bread
:chef:

Chicken breasts w/PC Moroccan spices blend. I cut the large bone in breasts into pieces, to expose more meat surface. Then seasoned with the blend. Sitting in the fridge now, absorbing flavors...to be grilled or broiled tonight. Depends on how hot the kitchen is :)Salad with greens from the garden, rice as a side.

we are grilling out chicken that I am marinating now in our Garlic Oil, a small onion, some cilantro and salt & pepper. I am going to attempt potatoes and carrots in the grill basket.

I think I may grill a steak and have some corn on the cob for dinner.

chefmeg said:
we are grilling out chicken that I am marinating now in our Garlic Oil, a small onion, some cilantro and salt & pepper. I am going to attempt potatoes and carrots in the grill basket.

Cilantro? Did someone say Cilantro??!!?!?!! http://www.chefsuccess.com/f7/ode-cilantro-37937/

By the way guys, I'm not making any of that menu that I posted for supper tonight- it's one pot creamy pasta with grilled chicken all the way tonight babyyyyy....

Kitchen Diva said:
Cilantro? Did someone say Cilantro??!!?!?!! http://www.chefsuccess.com/f7/ode-cilantro-37937/

By the way guys, I'm not making any of that menu that I posted for supper tonight- it's one pot creamy pasta with grilled chicken all the way tonight babyyyyy....

I knew the minute I typed it that the Ode would show up!

Nixing the potatoes...when I lifted up the bag of them, they were JUICY!:yuck: Just gonna do carrots in the grill basket and see how they turn out!

chefmeg said:
I knew the minute I typed it that the Ode would show up!
Nixing the potatoes...when I lifted up the bag of them, they were JUICY!:yuck: Just gonna do carrots in the grill basket and see how they turn out!

I did that just for you! :D

when you are doing carrots, make sure you give them a little love with some EVOO and S&P! Mmmmm cut them in slices on the bias (like the chinese restuarants do) and they'll be wonnerful!

Plus...be sure to keep the grill down on low or med-low so they don't burn before they are done. (Same with potatoes...or even par boil them first...)

I did creamy one pot pasta last night. I make it with 3 cheese tortallini and it is so good.

Jennie4PC said:
I did creamy one pot pasta last night. I make it with 3 cheese tortallini and it is so good.

Oh wow! That would just make it OVER-THE-TOP good!

I cant tell you how good it is. One of these days I need to add chicken.

my family hates the creamy one pot pasta, of course the only recipe they really like that is PC is the pizza dip served with tortilla chips and a scant handful of others. (that would be a child's hand) they never have liked the recipes I try at home to demo.(& yes before you ask I CAN cook) :) they love everything I make without a recipe or other new recipes from cookbooks just not PC ones

My DS complains when I make the pasta dish but that is the only way I can get him to eat broccoli. Yesterday when i made it he said he would eat just the broccoli and that was it. He definitly does not like the tomatoes.

Jennie4PC said:
I cant tell you how good it is. One of these days I need to add chicken.

Oh my gosh! It is sooooo nummy with chicken! I need a LOT of protein with every meal, so I can't make it without some type of meat- next time I'm trying diced and cooked pancetta! :) Can we say yummy?!?!?

Jennie
do you think he would like broccoli cheese soup? My daughter has to have it at least once a week I'll be glad to share the recipe and its so easy. I actually freeze it for her in baggies so she can have it year round.

He actually might like it. He is seriously a cheese head I had to cut cheese off since it was getting so expensive. We were going though a 5lb loaf every 2 weeks and at 20.00 a pop I just couldnt do it.

Kacey what is pancetta?? never heard of it

pancetta is to die for its a cured italian meat like proscuitto i think :)

ok thanks
Also Teresa I would love your recipe.

Broccoli cheese soup (this is addicting)1 bunch fresh broccoli (stems included)
1 can Campbells cream of chicken soup
1 can of Swansons chicken broth (2 if you don't like it thick)
1 pkg Knorr vegetable dry soup mix
1 pound velveeta
1 bottle of beer (any kind)
2 or 3 chicken breasts (boneless skinless)
1 TBSP garlic powder
1 TBSP Mrs. Dash Boil the chicken in water until tender. Remove chicken and cut into chunks, reserve the stock. (usually about 3-4 cups)
Pour beer in and canned broth into the chicken stock bring to a boil. (it will get frothy its ok the alcohol will cook out)
add the dry soup mix, cook until the veggies in the soup mix are tender
Stir in cream of chicken soup, velveeta, and chicken. Add the spices simmer 10 minutes.
Add the broccoli and cook until it is done (we prefer it a little more on the crisp side)this freezes well

my inlaws were visiting 2 summers ago and my MIL and I were out shopping. My FIL found this in the freezer and heated it up (they are very strongly against alcohol in any form) he just kept raving about it and thawed a baggie every day even though i had other lunch things out.
MY MIL loved it too and they wanted the recipe (ahem I "forgot" to write beer on the card)needless to say they still complain it doesn't taste like mine and i wrote it wrong!! I got by for awhile telling them not to substitute store brands but even then it didn't have the same flavor HMMMM

So you can do it without the beer? I am not a drinker and have never bought beer in my life

you can it just won't taste the same :) do you have a friend you can get a bottle from or a store where it is sold individually. just don't buy budweiser use a better beer I usually use blue paddle or flat tire but you can use a coors or michelob too (trust me the alcohol will cook out)
if he likes it and will eat his broccoli it will be a good investment
after my mom had her stroke i cooked alot while we were there to put meals up in the freezer for her. this one i put in the blender so it was smooth (you can do that and just call it cheese soup) lots of times i actually double the broccoli my daughter loves it so much

Jennie here's another good one he might eatCheesy potato soupboil 6 cups water with 2 chicken bouillon cubes
add 4 TBSP butter and pepper
add 1 large chopped onion, 5 stalks of celery thinly sliced and 5 cups of diced potatoes
cook until tender
season with 1 tsp ground thyme. Do not drain!!
Add 1 cup grated cheddar and 1 pound velveeta

I dont have any friends that drink I will have to look and see if walmart sells it individually

or check a convenience store

just printed them up. Will have to try them both. Thanks so much for those

another dumb question is Mrs Dash just salt or does it have other stuff in it.

Also have you ever told your inlaws the missing ingrediant??

No, Mrs Dash is salt and msg free i love it on cottage cheese (& this recipe is for the yellow bottle the original blend)I have not told them they also love my french onion soup which is made with a good red wine:)Last month when they were here for graduation they came a few days after my family had arrived and I had made a box of beer bread. I had one loaf left on the counter. My FIL asked if it was cornbread I said no its beer bread between my MIL and him they ate the whole loaf. Evidently my mom had said it was a quick bread so my MIL was clueless.MIL & I got into it one year after we were married I had baked/soaked a fruit cake for my FIL he kept saying how good it was I made the mistake of saying I had enough liquor left over that i can make him one a Christmas for the next 10 years she got up screeched at me and threw it in the trash. Evidently she didn't realize store bought ones were also soaked in alcohol.

We had steak and potatoes. I had come garlic cheese spread on the potato that Vanessa mailed me. mmmmmm delish! And I had fresh cucumbers and tomatoes.

I think I wil do steak and twice baked potatoes that sounds really good. And a salad on the side we have lettuce coming out my ears.

1. What is the recipe for Chicken Breasts with Herb Sauce?

The recipe for Chicken Breasts with Herb Sauce includes chicken breasts, garlic, onions, white wine vinegar, chicken stock, thyme, marjoram, tomatoes, and parsley. The full recipe and instructions can be found above.

2. How many calories are in the entire meal?

The entire meal contains 913 calories. The nutritional information for each dish can be found above.

3. Are there any dietary exchanges in this meal?

Yes, there are several dietary exchanges in this meal including milk, vegetables, fruit, bread, lean meat, fat, sugar, and very lean meat protein. The specific amounts for each exchange can be found in the detailed nutritional information above.

4. How do I make Bacon and Mustard Mashed Potatoes?

To make Bacon and Mustard Mashed Potatoes, you will need bacon, potatoes, butter, milk, sugar, coarse grain mustard, and parsley. The full recipe and instructions can be found above.

5. What is the cooking time for Fantastic Fruit?

The prep time for Fantastic Fruit is 40 minutes. The full recipe and instructions can be found above.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen Diva
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • Kitchen Diva
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
Replies