• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's Cookin'.....wednesday, November 24

In summary, the chefer is preparing for Thanksgiving, and they will be eating leftovers. They will also be baking a pie.
pamperedbybarbara
Good Morning...One day until Thanksgiving:love::sing::chef:

No cheffer birthdays to share...again:confused:

Who's cooking? Not me!!! Lol...BUSY here...so my DH is reheating the chili leftover from Monday night!!! The crew loved it and are happy I mentioned it is for leftovers tonight...gotta clean out my frig. for Thanksgiving leftovers!!!

If I am not on tomorrow...Happy Thanksgiving to all my cheffer friends!!! I am cooking...Turkey (27 lbs!) mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans w/garlic sauteed in olive oil, corn, cranberries, (my aunt is bringing the stuffing and also a dish of my fav. mushrooms sauteed in wine,a bit of olive oil and garlic...) alot of appetizers,crescent rolls and of course I am making the desserts--homemade apple pie, coconut macaroons, choc. chip cookies...oh and I cant forget the apple cider I brew w/cinnamon and leave in a coffee stern thingy that stays hot for about 10 hours!!! LOVE this Holiday:love::love::love:

I'm prepping for Thanksgiving today, and the guys are taking over the kitchen this evening for Pie Baking, so we will be eating a Smorgasboord of leftovers for dinner!

The turkey is brining, and I've made cranberry sauce.

Today, I am making gluten free pie crusts for the guys to make pies this evening. (chocolate pecan, and pumpkin)
Roasting sweet potatoes for the sweet potato casserole
making a Flan
chopping celery, onions, and mushrooms for dressing & gravy
cooking giblets for gravy also.
cleaning the house!
hanging out with my very favorite 6 year old in the whole wide universe!

Going to cousins house for Thanksgiving but I will be baking a pecan pie this evening to take. Love this time of the year!

Tonight we are going to a dinner at my church before the service tonight.

Then tomorrow I have to work until 4pm..my sister works until 4pm..and my boyfriend works until 3pm..(the joy of working in continual service jobs)..the only reason that my brother is off work is because he had surgery on Monday..so my mom is making dinner for the 5 of us..for right after my sister, my boyfriend, and I get off of work.

priseortega said:
Going to cousins house for Thanksgiving but I will be baking a pecan pie this evening to take. Love this time of the year!

I wish I could find time to make a pecan pie..I am trying to decide if I can make time to do it. I love them.

I am so excited for this time of year!!!!
We are having Thanksgiving twice tomorrow! Once w/ family & the Cowboys game, and again that night w/ friends and the Aggies game! hehe!
I am doing my Pumpkin Spice Cake Trifle! baked the cake last night....
and I am doing a sweet potato recipe I found at allrecipes...I love sweet potatoes but not the kind w/ marshmellows.....I am going to roast them in my DCB w/ diced onion, EVOO, and Lipton Onion Soup Mix! I will let ya'll know how it turns out!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving dear friends!!! I probably won't be online at all this weekend!!!!! :D

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because I get to eat ALL DAY!! We are deep frying 2 turkeys (11lbs each), baking a ham, and steaming up 10lbs of King Crab; I'll also make mashed potatos, homemade mac n cheese (thanks Liz!), green bean casserole, salad and some kind of dessert. My mom is in charge of the stuffing, cranberry sauce and pies! CANT WAIT!!

ps. all this food for only 6, maybe 7 or 8 (probably 6) people! :)

Last edited:
My oldest came in this afternoon from college, so I'm cooking something he will enjoy tonight. Pork loin in the DCB to make the mini sandwiches with the smokey BBQ sauce made from the rub and red skin roasted potatoes.

For tomorrow: Ham (two of the guys decided they did NOT want turkey...BOO!), mashed potatoes, cornbread dressing w/cream of chicken gravy, festive sweet potatoes, butter peas, cranberry salad, "Heavenly" eggs (DH says the devil shouldn't get credit for anything that good...LOL!), yeast rolls, pumpkin pie & pumpkin spice cake w/butterscotch caramel sauce & either sweet cinnamon or sweet caramel sprinkles.

akggirl said:
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because I get to eat ALL DAY!! We are deep frying 2 turkeys (11lbs each), baking a ham, and steaming up 10lbs of King Crab; I'll also make mashed potatos, homemade mac n cheese (thanks Liz!), green bean casserole, salad and some kind of dessert. My mom is in charge of the stuffing, cranberry sauce and pies! CANT WAIT!!

ps. all this food for only 6, maybe 7 or 8 (probably 6) people! :)

We've deep fried the turkey for the past couple of years but they want ham this year. I tried to get them to do fried turkey tomorrow and ham for Christmas but it was a no-go.

Your menu sounds wonderful. My DH would love the King Crab!

Also, my menu is for five of us. I don't think my parents are going to be able to make it tomorrow. :(

I'm going to the ex's family's house or Thanksgiving. Don't ask lol.I'll be making cornbread dressing, because I said I'd bring something southern. Made the cornbread tonight, will finish it off tomorrow!

leftymac said:
I'm going to the ex's family's house or Thanksgiving. Don't ask lol.

I'll be making cornbread dressing, because I said I'd bring something southern. Made the cornbread tonight, will finish it off tomorrow!

You make a statement like that...and then say don't ask? Gheesh! But I hope the day goes okay for you, Keith.

It's going to be the 3 of us, plus my In-Laws. I'm making most of it, and carrying it over to them, because my MIL had major surgery last week, and shouldn't be doing a whole lot right now.

I'm brining a Turkey
Apple/Sausage Stuffing (gluten free!)
Sweet Potato Casserole
Roasted Veggies
Mashed Yukon Gold Potatoes w/ Giblet Gravy
Grape Salad
Pecan-Chocolate Chip Pie (gluten free!)
Pumpkin Flan (gluten free!)

Pie is in the oven, stuffing is ready to go in the oven in the morning, sweet potatoes are baked, and ready to be mashed for the casserole, veggies are prepped, and Flan is made.

We are having 24 people for dinner tomorrow! I just hope I survive it, lol. Happy thanksgiving to everyone!

ChefBeckyD said:
You make a statement like that...and then say don't ask? Gheesh! But I hope the day goes okay for you, Keith.

Haha..you're right!

Well, the ex is still living here. And his mother personally invited me to Thanksgiving saying I'll always be part of the family. How could I turn that down?

leftymac said:
Haha..you're right!

Well, the ex is still living here. And his mother personally invited me to Thanksgiving saying I'll always be part of the family. How could I turn that down?

Well, at least you can still get along! :D Seriously, I hope the day goes well! Sounds like Mom doesn't want to break up with you.

I've had ex's where I liked their family better than them. :D

I will be going over my aunt's house. Because we don't get leftovers there, I will be cooking a turkey and stuffing on Friday. My neighbor has no place to go on Thanksgiving so I am inviting her and her son over Friday. I am getting more than I bargained for though, as she wants the whole shebang, so now I'm making mashed potatoes, gravy, and dessert too. Part of me doesn't want to have to work so hard, but another part of me hates that anyone would be alone at Thanksgiving.

1. What is "What's Cookin'.....wednesday, November 24" all about?

"What's Cookin'.....wednesday, November 24" is a weekly event organized by Pampered Chef where we share delicious and easy recipes for you to try at home.

2. Do I need to purchase any Pampered Chef products to participate in "What's Cookin'.....wednesday, November 24"?

No, you do not need to purchase any Pampered Chef products to participate. However, we do offer high-quality kitchen tools and products that can make your cooking experience even more enjoyable and efficient.

3. How do I access the recipes for "What's Cookin'.....wednesday, November 24"?

You can access the recipes on our Pampered Chef website or through our social media platforms, such as Facebook and Instagram.

4. Can I modify the recipes to fit my dietary restrictions?

Yes, you can modify the recipes to fit your dietary restrictions. We always encourage our customers to customize recipes according to their preferences and needs.

5. Can I submit my own recipe for "What's Cookin'.....wednesday, November 24"?

Yes, we welcome our customers to share their favorite recipes with us. You can submit your recipe through our website or by tagging us on social media with the hashtag #WhatsCookinWednesday.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
  • pamperedbybarbara