• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's Cookin'.....wednesday, February 9

In summary, it isfreeeezzing outside today, with a windchill of 1*. The weather is good for making soup, as there is a recipe for a vegetable barley soup that has won a catagory in a contest that my good friend entered. Tonight, I am making a soup that I have made before and it was so good, filling, and inexpensive to make. I am also trying a new recipe for dinner, a Lemon Pesto Chicken.
pamperedbybarbara
Good Morning....freeeezzing here today!!!:yuck: 11* outside....1* with windchill:eek:

:sing:Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday cheffer...cookinwith tara....Happy Birthday to you!!!:sing::sing:

Tonight for dinner I am thinking of making a vegetable barley soup...my good friend entered this recipe in a contest and won her catagory!!:balloon:...made it last year and it was sooo good, filling and inexpensive to make!!

have a great day everyone----39 days until Spring!!:love::p

I would like that recipe! I'd have to substitute a different recipe for the barley (gluten!), but I love soup recipes!

I'm trying a new recipe for dinner - a Lemon Pesto Chicken. Another request from my little guy, who thought it looked good. :chef::chef::chef:

Here you go:1/4cup olive oil
3 medium onions, sliced
2 carrots, sliced
2 celery ribs, sliced
1 zucchini
1/2 cup barley
2 tablespoons onion powder
2 tablespoons celery salt
1/4 cup parsley (I think fresh would be preferred--chopped)
water (to cover barley)
1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomotoes
salt and pepper, to tastein a large pot, saute' onions, carrots and celery in olive oil until lightly browned. Add chopped zucchini and cook until almost soft. Add barley, onion powder, celery salt and parlsey. Stir. Add water to the pot until it just about covers the barley (I added extra because I thought the soup was too thick when I finished making this). Add can of crushed tomatoes. Put a lid on the pot and cook until barley is cooked (It will become plump)--cant remember how long--maybe 1/2 hr?..Season with salt and pepper...Serve hot. Makes 8 servings. I reheated the leftovers the next day for my lunch--tasted even better because all the flavors mingled together!!

Going out tonight for my baby girl's 12th birthday. Her choice....wings. Although last year, she chose to stay home and we made the Asian Pork and Noodle Skillet which is her FAV!!!

baked pork chops and potpie bows.

I'm trying to keep it healthier tonight so I'm making the bar pan chicken I talk about in my shows: chicken breasts, small potatoes, onions and red peppers, spritzed with oil, garlicced, and greek rub.

Did the ribs in the dbc in the microwave again last night and again they were fabulous. My hubby still can't get over how awesome they are from the microwave. Love it.

Five more inches of snow today, so definitely making a "warm" dish. I think we will have pot roast with roasted onions, potatoes, carrots, celery, and eggplant. It's my husband's favorite.

Going out to the Outback with my parents, we haven't seen them since Christmas. We are all excited!!

1. What is "What's Cookin'.....Wednesday, February 9"?

"What's Cookin'.....Wednesday, February 9" is a special event held by Pampered Chef where we showcase new and exciting recipes and kitchen products for our customers to try and purchase.

2. How do I attend "What's Cookin'.....Wednesday, February 9"?

Due to current circumstances, "What's Cookin'.....Wednesday, February 9" will be held virtually. You can register for the event on our website and receive a link to join the live stream.

3. Will there be any special deals or discounts during "What's Cookin'.....Wednesday, February 9"?

Yes, we will have exclusive deals and discounts on select products during the event. These offers will only be available for a limited time, so be sure to tune in and take advantage of them!

4. Can I still purchase products featured during "What's Cookin'.....Wednesday, February 9" after the event is over?

Yes, all products featured during "What's Cookin'.....Wednesday, February 9" will be available for purchase on our website even after the event is over. However, some deals and discounts may only be available during the event.

5. Is "What's Cookin'.....Wednesday, February 9" only for Pampered Chef consultants?

No, "What's Cookin'.....Wednesday, February 9" is open to everyone! Whether you are a consultant, a customer, or simply a food enthusiast, we welcome you to join us for this special event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Barry Carlton
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • pamperedbybarbara