• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did You Know These 10 Things About Facebook?

In summary, Jennifer Fong shares 10 things she wishes people knew on Facebook in her blog post on Direct Sales and Social Media. She highlights the importance of using the "leave conversation" option when sending group emails, not posting non-event related content on Events, and adjusting News Feed settings to see updates from all friends and Pages. She also mentions the spam notifications that occur when someone is added to a Group without permission, the appropriate use of business Pages, and the importance of providing valuable content instead of constant ads. Additionally, she reminds readers to include their businesses on their Profile's Info tab, to use the "http://" before sharing links, and to send a personal note with Friend Requests. She also notes the importance of being respectful of
raebates
Staff member
If you're not already reading Jennifer Fong's blog Direct Sales and Social Media, you should be. She's great. Here's today's post. It has some fantastic advice.

10 Things I Wish People Knew on Facebook by Jennifer Fong

Ah, Facebook. We find ourselves there daily, catching up on the latest from our friends, sharing info about our businesses…so much to do! Yet with all the changes we constantly find on Facebook, as well as the crowds, there are times I find myself thinking, “I wish people knew that….” I decided to share my list of these with you today. Would love to hear what you would add!

1. I wish people knew that when you send an email to a whole group of people, they receive a notification every single time someone replies. (ARGH.) Fortunately, Facebook has recently added a “leave conversation” option, but not everyone knows it’s there.

2. I wish people knew that Events are not the place to post things that are not events.

3. I wish people knew they’ll only see updates from all their friends and Pages if they scroll to the bottom of the News Feed, click “Edit Option,” and then choose “All of your friends and Pages.”

4. I wish people knew that when you add folks to a Group, they get spammed with constant notifications of every single thing that happens in that Group until they turn it off. You should never add someone to a Group without permission.

5. I wish people knew that they can (and should!) include their businesses on the Info tab of their Profile.

6. I wish people knew that business Pages are for business messages. Not Profiles. To set up a Page, navigate to any other Page on Facebook, scroll to the bottom of the left column, and choose “Create a Page.”

7. I wish people knew that a steady stream of ads is not effective on a Profile OR a Page. You have to be valuable if you want people to pay attention.

8. I wish people knew that you have to type http:// in front of any link you share on Facebook if you want people to be able to click it.

9. I wish people knew that it’s good manners to send a personal note with a Friend Request, especially if the person you’re sending it to doesn’t know you.

10. I wish people knew that not everyone shares their political views and when you say them in a way that says you think you’re right and everyone else is wrong, you turn people off.

So what would you add to my list?

I saw that! I want to find that "Leave Conversation" button...

I have not looked at the HO training lately, and I wonder whether they have changed any of it since FB's change to Groups. Jen Fong no longer endorses groups for the purposes of how we use them (as alluded to in her post), but I know that was one of the two options she talked about in our training.

I wondered the same thing.

What is "What You Should Know"?

"What You Should Know" is a phrase that is commonly used to introduce or summarize important information or facts that individuals should be aware of.

Why is it important to know certain things?

Knowing certain things can help individuals make informed decisions, understand the world around them, and navigate various situations more effectively.

What are some common topics covered in "What You Should Know"?

Common topics covered in "What You Should Know" include current events, health and wellness, personal finance, and safety tips.

Where can I find "What You Should Know" resources?

"What You Should Know" resources can be found in various places, such as news websites, government websites, and educational websites. They may also be shared through social media or in educational materials.

How can I determine the credibility of "What You Should Know" information?

To determine the credibility of "What You Should Know" information, it is important to check the source and verify the information with multiple reliable sources. It is also helpful to consider the author's credentials and any potential biases.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • pctharper