1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings What would you say?

1. I just closed my sister's party last Sunday. I got this email from her this morning. FTR, I did not actually say she could earn the Chillzanne for a $150 show, I think when I told her how much she needed to qualify as a show and earn host benefits, she drew this conclusion. I'm glad she is so extraordinarily motivated by what she can get free, but I'm not sure how to answer her....

2. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I'd explain to her what the host rewards are, and apologize for any misunderstanding. Then encourage her and cheer her on and help her to achieve the Chillzanne goal. :)

Her friend can book any month and reach the 1/2 off item stage, or you could mention the August promotion. You could send her the flyer that has the next couple month's specials and let her pick. But reinforce what all the benefits are and get them excited about it! :)

May 18, 2009
  3. Chefgirl2

Chefgirl2 Advanced Member Gold Member

I wouldn't tell her you didn't say it because if she is anything like my sister she would get mad at you. I would just say "Oh!! I can't believe I read it wrong!! You're right! Only the hostess can get the Chillzane items. Thanks for catching that. I guess I have a lot of calls to make...Ugh!"

You also might see about adding the book party to the friend's party in June. A $150 catalog show only would give sis the 60% off bowl and a 10% discount. If they co-host sis could get the 60% off bowl, Chillzane and a 25% unlimited discount...providing that friend has at least $500 in sales...friend would earn more free stuff and maybe a 3rd half priced item. Friend and sister win.
    Good Luck!

May 18, 2009
  4. Good point about the combining parties. I was wondering if I should tempt her to host another actual party because her attendance was low but her outside orders were high...so I thought maybe I should encourage her to try again and do a Ladies Night Out with Decadent Desserts to boost her sales to the higher bonus level and give me the shot at bookings.

I was a little put off by her "she will only book a party if she can book off of me" :rolleyes:

Thanks for the reminder on August Amanda! That plays nicely into this doesn't it?

5. scottcooks

scottcooks Veteran Member Gold Member

It sounds like 2 things... 1) families always want a special deal because you love them, and 2) the booking friend wants to help out her friend. Not a bad thing. Give your sis a Season's Best or Quickut knife and have her look at the back 2 pages of the catalog that tells what you get for $150.

This all comes down to host coaching to begin with.

May 18, 2009
Have something to add?