• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Would You Offer to a Host Who Beat Your Highest Show?

In summary, Sherrie offered to a host who beat her highest show a Stainless Steel Mini Whisk as an incentive.
spoiledchef
What would you offer to a host who beat your highest show??? Until this point (aside from fundraisers), my highest show was $432 in guest sales. I had a show on Saturday, and we're at $540 in guest sales, and she's not done yet. So, she clearly beat my record, and I want to give her something for it. TIA
Sherrie

I gave my last host a gift to go along with her new skillet. But the reason I gave her that was because she was my $1000 show. Nancy's Artwork has "Can you beat this?" cards that have a whisk on them. When I send them out I tell everyone that if they give me that card when they beat my highest show total that I will reward them with a Stainless Steel Mini Whisk.

I have a silly question from a newbie. I love this website (I fear addiction is setting in...) and I read almost every posting. I notice a lot of consultants offer free gifts as incentives. Do you purchase the gifts, do you have them in your possesion already, do you order them through an order being placed? I would like to offer these incentives, but I don't have any free stuff to give away.

Nancy,
you order things you want to give as gifts on the hosts order so 1.) you are getting their discount and 2.) you get commission on the items.

I learn so much on this site-I don't think my business would be doing as well as it is with Chef Success:)

Thanks for the info Christina. I will keep that in mind the next time I place an order for a host. I have 3 catalog shows going right now. Can I place an order on a catalog show? Do I just let them know I ordered something and go pick it up when their ordered is delivered?

I need to figure out which incentive I want to use and what product to buy, as I could spend a fortune on incentive products.

That's a great idea Donna. I'll have to look into those. Any ideas for this host? I know she'll get at LEAST 90 dollars in FREE product plus the 10 FREE from me for having 14 guests from the scavenger hunt. So, I may just give her FREE groceries since I already bought them, and she hasn't reimbursed me yet...what do you think?

Nancy,

You can place an order on the hosts order (as long as its for her) on a catalog show. Maybe offer her that you'll turn it into a Cooking show as an incentive (thus giving her $15 more in free product without costing you a cent). Of course I have given away $ out of my pocket several times to catalog hosts before someone on here asked me why I didn't turn it into a catalog show...:mad: oh well, live and learn.)

We can turn a catalog show into a cooking show? Why wouldn't we do that for every order? Okay, so here is the tricky part - if I turn it into a cooking show, there is an extra $15 on the FPV, can I use that and not tell the host? I am evil...

Sherrie, can you order something on her order and pay for it yourself? If you have her wish list, or if you talk to her before you place the order, ask her what she wanted and wasn't able to get. If it is within your price range, order it for her.

My two cents...
AlowayFamily said:
We can turn a catalog show into a cooking show? Why wouldn't we do that for every order?

While I have done this on occassion...for a rocking catalog show, as a thank you for continued, loyal business, etc., if we all did this all the time, several things would happen...

• HO numbers would be skewed (all of a sudden, no catalog shows, all kitchen shows, all with smaller dollar amounts [because they are actually catalog shows], etc.);
  • the "average" amount a new consultant earns would go down, because again, we're all turning in catalog shows as cooking shows, and that would affect recruiting; and,
  • HO isn't dumb, so they'd catch on, and it could cost consultants their agreements.

Those are the main reasons I can think of to not change shows all the time...not trying to be on a "high horse", but TPC is so great to us and our hosts, I don't see why we have to try to cheat the system...

Just my two cents...

When I change to a cooking show from a catalog show the perameters are that they must have $400 in sales and/or 2 cooking show bookings. I do not do this for every show because if the sales are lower then your host wasn't working it like a higher sales show host. If the sales are $200 or less that host does not deserve the benefit in my opinion.

I have had a few great catalog show hosts and feel like they have done an exemplary job and reward them this way. I feel like it is fair and it is how I choose to run my business.

Thanks for the advice on cooking vs catalog show. I didn't think it would be feasible to turn a show into something it isn't.

I used to have my "upgrade" sales level set at $400 too, but now I've upped it to $500 because my show average went over $600. Since my show average is $675 right now it will hopefully(fingers crossed) be upped to $600 when my show average goes over $700! I have cooking shows that are below my average where the host hasn't helped with sales by getting outside orders and I feel that catalog shows are MORE work for the host because they have to "sell" the product for me, since I'm not standing there in front of them. If my catalog show hosts do the work and make the sales than I feel that it's perfectly OK for me to "give" them the extra cash.

Clarification
nikked said:
While I have done this on occassion...for a rocking catalog show, as a thank you for continued, loyal business, etc., if we all did this all the time, several things would happen...

• HO numbers would be skewed (all of a sudden, no catalog shows, all kitchen shows, all with smaller dollar amounts [because they are actually catalog shows], etc.);
  • the "average" amount a new consultant earns would go down, because again, we're all turning in catalog shows as cooking shows, and that would affect recruiting; and,
  • HO isn't dumb, so they'd catch on, and it could cost consultants their agreements.

Those are the main reasons I can think of to not change shows all the time...not trying to be on a "high horse", but TPC is so great to us and our hosts, I don't see why we have to try to cheat the system...

Just my two cents...

My response was about changing ALL shows, not changing some as a reward. I do it too. I was responding directly to "why not do it all the time...can I take the $15 and not tell the host?" post previously. I do, on occassion, reward a catalog show host in this way...I'm just opposed to doing it across the board.

Hope that clarifies...

Last edited:

1. What types of products does Pampered Chef offer?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of kitchen products, including cookware, bakeware, kitchen tools, cutlery, and food storage solutions. We also have a line of pantry items such as seasonings, sauces, and baking mixes.

2. Are Pampered Chef products only for cooking?

No, our products are not just for cooking. We also offer products for food preparation, serving, and storage. We also have products for grilling, entertaining, and home organization.

3. How can I purchase Pampered Chef products?

You can purchase Pampered Chef products through our website, at a local cooking show hosted by a consultant, or by contacting a consultant directly. You can also find some of our products at select retail stores.

4. Are Pampered Chef products affordable?

We offer a range of products at different price points to fit any budget. We also have frequent sales and promotions to help make our products more affordable.

5. Do Pampered Chef products come with a warranty?

Yes, all of our products come with a satisfaction guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can return it for a replacement or refund within 30 days. Many of our products also come with a limited lifetime warranty, which covers defects in materials and workmanship.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MrsCsfive
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
soonerchef
Replies
Views
DZmom
  • koima
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies