• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Should I Serve for Mother's Day Dinner?

In summary, the speaker is hosting Mother's Day dinner because their MIL is recovering from a stroke and their SIL is difficult. They are planning for a BBQ due to the nice weather and are considering a Strawberry Spinach Salad and traditional potato salad as side dishes. However, they are struggling to come up with a main dish for 13 people, with varying ages and preferences. They mention the idea of grilling steak and chicken strips for sandwiches or fajitas as a more affordable option. They ask for any other ideas or suggestions.
kcjodih
Gold Member
So Mother's Day dinner is at my place this year - because I volunteered. My MIL is recovering from a stroke and my SIL is a witch so at my place it is. Question is, what on earth to serve? It's supposed to be nice and sunny so I was hoping for a bbq which would allow most of the cooking to be done by DH as I'd make the desserts and salads the night before but I have no idea what to serve for anything!

I'm thinking I'd like to try the Strawberry Spinach Salad although I know my DH and DD won't eat it - DH doesn''t care for fruit lol and DD doesn't like spinach but the rest of us should like it (don't know, never tried it) and then a traditional potato salad which is a favorite of everyone. But I need main dish ideas for 13! Two children 12 and 15, three in their early 20's and then the rest of the adults ranging from 40 - 80. I'd LOVE to have steak but that would be too expensive for that many and they're not seafood lovers so fish is out. Should I just do burgers and sausage? Seems like I'm cheaping out with those? Chicken? How much, what kind?

Any ideas? Or if someone has a totally different idea/route to take please share! PLEASE, PLEASE HELP!!

kcjodih said:
So Mother's Day dinner is at my place this year - because I volunteered. My MIL is recovering from a stroke and my SIL is a witch so at my place it is. Question is, what on earth to serve? It's supposed to be nice and sunny so I was hoping for a bbq which would allow most of the cooking to be done by DH as I'd make the desserts and salads the night before but I have no idea what to serve for anything!

I'm thinking I'd like to try the Strawberry Spinach Salad although I know my DH and DD won't eat it - DH doesn''t care for fruit lol and DD doesn't like spinach but the rest of us should like it (don't know, never tried it) and then a traditional potato salad which is a favorite of everyone. But I need main dish ideas for 13! Two children 12 and 15, three in their early 20's and then the rest of the adults ranging from 40 - 80. I'd LOVE to have steak but that would be too expensive for that many and they're not seafood lovers so fish is out. Should I just do burgers and sausage? Seems like I'm cheaping out with those? Chicken? How much, what kind?

Any ideas? Or if someone has a totally different idea/route to take please share! PLEASE, PLEASE HELP!!

What if you grilled steak strips and chicken strips for sandwiches or fajitas? If you have the new grill tray, that would be simple to do. That way, you'd still be doing steak, but it wouldn't have to be as expensive.

Dear forum user,First of all, kudos to you for volunteering to host Mother's Day dinner, especially with the added challenges of your MIL's recovery and difficult SIL. As for menu ideas, here are a few suggestions:1. Grilled chicken skewers - This is a great option for a BBQ and can be easily customized to everyone's tastes. You can offer different marinades for the chicken, such as teriyaki, BBQ, or lemon herb. Serve with a variety of dipping sauces, such as ranch, honey mustard, or tzatziki.2. Pulled pork sandwiches - This is another BBQ-friendly option that can feed a crowd. You can make the pulled pork in a slow cooker the night before and then heat it up on the grill before serving. Serve with buns, coleslaw, and your choice of BBQ sauce.3. Veggie and tofu skewers - For any vegetarians or non-meat eaters in the group, these skewers are a delicious and filling option. Marinate the tofu and veggies in a mixture of soy sauce, garlic, and ginger before grilling.4. Pasta salad - This is a great side dish that can be made ahead of time. You can add in your choice of veggies, such as cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, and olives, and toss with a homemade dressing. You can also add in some protein, such as diced chicken or cubed cheese.5. Grilled corn on the cob - This is a classic BBQ side dish that is always a hit. You can grill the corn with the husks on and then peel them back to add butter and seasonings before serving.Hopefully, these ideas give you some inspiration for your Mother's Day dinner. Don't be afraid to ask for help from family members or enlist them to bring a dish to share. And most importantly, enjoy the day with your loved ones! Happy Mother's Day!

What Would You Make/Serve?

1. What types of dishes do you typically make or serve with Pampered Chef products?

At Pampered Chef, we offer a wide range of kitchen tools and appliances that can be used to create a variety of dishes. Some popular options include casseroles, desserts, soups, and appetizers.

2. Do you have any recipes or meal ideas that can be made with Pampered Chef products?

Yes, we have a variety of recipes available on our website and in our cookbooks that are specifically designed to be made with Pampered Chef products. We also have a team of consultants who can provide personalized recommendations based on your preferences and cooking style.

3. Are your products suitable for all types of diets, such as vegetarian or gluten-free?

Many of our products are versatile and can be used to prepare dishes for various dietary needs. We also have a selection of cookbooks and online resources that offer recipes for specific diets, such as vegetarian, gluten-free, and keto.

4. Can I use Pampered Chef products for everyday cooking or are they more for special occasions?

Our products are designed to make cooking and meal preparation easier and more efficient for everyday use. However, they can also be used for special occasions or dinner parties to impress guests with delicious and beautifully presented dishes.

5. Are there any cooking classes or demonstrations available to learn more about using Pampered Chef products?

Yes, we offer virtual and in-person cooking classes and demonstrations led by our consultants. These classes are a great way to learn new recipes and techniques, as well as ask any questions you may have about using our products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CookingwithMary
  • sluna75
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • chefann