• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Sales with Catalog Parties: Tips for Hostesses and Consultants

In summary, the lady who offered to do my catalog party only made 155.00 in sales despite including tax and shipping. I told her this and she was upset, but I explained that she needed to get x amount of product sales in order for the show to happen.
mom2kr
I had a dear lady offer to do a catalog party for me, and she just turned in her orders and was excited that she had 155.00 in sales, well unfortunately that was including tax and shipping. I did not have the heart to tell her that she would not get anything at a discount. Do you place an order yourself? I would need to place an order of 25.00 for her to get to 150.00. I know I explained to her that she did not get a discount unless she had 150.00 in sales without tax and shipping, also it was written on a letter that I included in her hostess packet.

Thank you,

Cheryl

That happened with me last weekend. I had another order that I placed on her show, so it worked out.

I would ask her if she could get "x" amount of product sales in order to make a show. Be sure to explain to her that if she can't then you have to send all the orders in as individual orders with up to $14 in shipping EACH!It helps to say "product sales" for some reason!

BE honestWell I know you don't have the heart to tell her this but in the future it could come back to hurt you if you are not honest now.
Be honest. Tell her that total sales must be $200 in catalog sales in order for her to get $10 FREE products.
Ask her if she can gather a few more orders. If not give her a little something for doing the catalog show and then YOU gather more orders or tag it onto another show to increase sales!
If you let her get away with it, she might pass this info out by word of mouth and you might have other women who think the same way. It won't be too devastating. You are running a business and sometimes people don't take the time to read the info we include in our packets.
It's not your fault. But remember $200 is what she needs in sales for a catalog show to earn $10, not $150!
Good luck and keep us posted on what happens.
Debbie

1. How can I maximize sales with catalog parties as a hostess?

As a hostess, there are a few key things you can do to increase sales with catalog parties. First, make sure to invite as many people as possible to your party. This can include friends, family, and coworkers. Additionally, consider offering incentives for guests who bring a friend or place an order. You can also create a sense of urgency by setting a deadline for orders and reminding guests that the items are only available for a limited time.

2. What are some tips for consultants to increase sales with catalog parties?

As a consultant, it's important to provide your hostess with all the necessary tools and resources to have a successful party. This includes providing them with catalogs, order forms, and other promotional materials. Additionally, make sure to follow up with guests after the party to answer any questions and encourage them to place an order. You can also offer special deals or discounts for orders placed during the party.

3. How can I make my catalog party stand out and be more engaging for guests?

One way to make your catalog party more engaging is to offer interactive elements, such as cooking demonstrations or recipe tastings. You can also incorporate games or challenges for guests to participate in, with prizes for winners. Additionally, make sure to have a variety of products on display and encourage guests to touch and try them out.

4. What is the best way to promote my catalog party to reach a wider audience?

Social media is a great way to promote your catalog party and reach a wider audience. Create a Facebook event and invite all your friends, and encourage your hostess to do the same. You can also share sneak peeks or teasers of products on social media to generate excitement and curiosity. Additionally, consider creating flyers or sending out emails to your network to spread the word.

5. How can I track my sales and orders with catalog parties?

Pampered Chef offers a convenient online tracking system that allows you to easily keep track of sales and orders from your catalog parties. You can also use this system to send reminders to guests who have not yet placed an order, and to keep your hostess informed about the progress of their party. Additionally, make sure to keep track of orders and payments in your own records for easy reference and organization.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • krzymomof4
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lacychef
Replies
Views
chefjeanine