• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Customer Order Dilemma: Is it Time to Call Back or Move On?

if they don't answer then she will leave a voicemail and say that she tried calling and left a message. I asked a similar questions to another consultant that is on the same team as I am and she told me that she will only call someone 3 times. That 3rd phone call...if they don't answer then she will leave a voicemail and say that she tried calling and left a message.
naekelsey
Gold Member
I just called a customer who had said she wanted to place an order but hadn't made one yet. She again said she wanted to place an order but it was a bad time to talk to her because she was making dinner. I asked if 8pm would work ok with her and she said yes. (I called her originally at 6pm)

So I called her at 8pm and she denied my phone call. (phone went from ringing to a busy signal). So I called back, just in case, and it went right to voice mail.

I am now thinking she doesn't really want to order and now bugging her or making something out of nothing? What do you think? Do I call her back? Or could it be something else?

I would just call her again. I still have an answering machine with a tape and when someone is leaving a message - it will give my phone a busy signal. I'd give her the benefit of the doubt.

I'd leave her one voicemail (or you can e-mail) and say something like "Hi _____, this is _____ with Pampered Chef. Sorry we were unable to connect (tonight/last night, etc.). I'm happy to help you with your Pampered Chef order. I know life can keep us pretty busy, so when you have a moment, just give me a call at __________. The best time to reach me at home is .... I look forward to hearing from you soon!" (If you want, you can give her a time frame ... "since you expressed an interest in wanting some items, I'll try you back in ___ days/next week if I haven't heard back from you ..." (then the "I look forward to hearing from you soon" sentence.)

Unfortunately, I didn't get her email address and was going to get it when we talked at 8pm. I just called her back and got her voice mail. I pretty much said what was said above. I am not comfortable on the phone so anything gets my mind running with not so helpful thoughts...Thanks guys!!

I had a lady like that, ended up placing an $80 order. Some people just get busy :)

she might have been doing baths, hearing prayers of her children, helping with homework.
Everyone's schedules get off a little sometimes. I wouldn't take it as rejection. Try again

I've made a few calls like this (mainly about booking) and have had similar experiences. I have even gotten hung up on a couple times (another person answers, and then while I am waiting for the customer to get on the line the line goes dead, or the actual customer hangs up).

I will usually leave a voicemail, but am usually afraid to call them after that thinking they are not interested. Any others have thoughts on that?

Bren706 said:
I've made a few calls like this (mainly about booking) and have had similar experiences. I have even gotten hung up on a couple times (another person answers, and then while I am waiting for the customer to get on the line the line goes dead, or the actual customer hangs up). I will usually leave a voicemail, but am usually afraid to call them after that thinking they are not interested. Any others have thoughts on that?
Call back and leave a message "oops! Somehow we got disconnected. ...say why you are calling and when you'll try again or they can call you back..." on the call you are innocently assuming it was an accident. If they get back to you or answer the next time it may have been but more times than not they didn't want to tell you no and they thought you'd try to talk them into something. It seems like these days people just don't want to tell you they changed their mind so they just let you keep hanging and if they do have something going on they don't want to take the time to tell you but when whatever is happening is over they'll get back with you if they remember or really wanted the product or party or business...

I know that my cell phone if the battery is dying, it wont let me answer and when I try, the dial tone turns busy for the caller. I only know this because I am terrible about charging my phone and this happens when my husband or mom call me and they let me know.

i asked a similar questions to another consultant that is on the same team as I am and she told me that she will only call someone 3 times. That 3rd phone call she will leave the message that this will be the finale time she calls and if they want to book the show or place the order she leaves all the info for them to contact her back. She told me that the majority of the time they will call her back. I try to keep her tip in mind when i make phone calls (which i will confess i am not very good at either)

1. What is "What Would You Do?"

"What Would You Do?" is a popular game offered by Pampered Chef that challenges players to come up with creative and practical solutions to real-life cooking and kitchen scenarios.

2. How do I play "What Would You Do?"

To play "What Would You Do?", simply draw a scenario card and read it aloud. Then, using your knowledge of cooking and kitchen tools, come up with a solution to the problem presented on the card. The player with the most creative and practical solution wins the round.

3. Can I play "What Would You Do?" alone?

Yes, "What Would You Do?" can be played alone as a fun way to challenge yourself and come up with creative solutions to cooking and kitchen scenarios. However, it is more enjoyable when played with a group of friends or family.

4. Are there different versions of "What Would You Do?"

Yes, Pampered Chef offers various versions of "What Would You Do?" to cater to different preferences and skill levels. Some versions may focus on specific types of cooking or kitchen tasks, while others may incorporate more advanced scenarios.

5. Can children play "What Would You Do?"

Yes, "What Would You Do?" is suitable for children as well. However, some versions may be more appropriate for younger kids, while others may be better suited for older children or adults. It ultimately depends on the child's cooking and problem-solving skills.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mspibb
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
mspibb
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
chezshelly
  • pamperedchef88