• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Handling Exchanges on Pantry Items: What Would You Do?

In summary, the host told the customer that they couldn't do a return or exchange because the item was on pantry items. The customer then called HO and requested an exchange. The host found out that someone local might have the product and submitted their new supply order.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I never realized that we cannot do returns/exchanges on pantry items! I've been in the business for almost 4 years!

So I had a host who emailed me and said that a guest wrote down the item number but it apparently wasn't what she wanted. She ordered the Pineapple Sauce and wanted the Parmesan Garlic Seasoning. She paid $12 for the sauce and the seasoning is actually a lot cheaper. What I gather from the host is that the guest wrote down the wrong number so it's not my fault or the hosts. What would you do? I told the host originally that I would handle the exchange but that was before I realized that we cannot do that on pantry items.

I would order the seasoning the guest wants and refund her the difference in price. But, I would also let both the host and guest know I was doing this favor because I appreciate their business and want to make sure they are happy, satisfied customers. I wouldn't want to lose potential future business over a $12 mistake.Demo the Pineapple Sauce with some cream cheese and crackers.

I'm assuming the guest didn't write down the product description along with the item number. That would have saved a lot of aggravation.

Have the guest call HO and request an exchange. Yes, we can't return pantry items. When I called to ask, HO told me no exchange. My customer then called b/c after all "you can return things to the grocery store." It made me look horrible b/c HO did an "exchange" where they let her keep the pantry item and use a credit toward the other product she wanted. She then called and chewed me out b/c she thought I hadn't called at all.

If HO won't do an "exchange" ie. give her credit for the sauce, then it's probably best to do an exchange yourself and note the "favor" to both the host and guest.

bridedream said:
I would order the seasoning the guest wants and refund her the difference in price. But, I would also let both the host and guest know I was doing this favor because I appreciate their business and want to make sure they are happy, satisfied customers. I wouldn't want to lose potential future business over a $12 mistake.

Demo the Pineapple Sauce with some cream cheese and crackers.

I'm with you.

Okay I don't have a show to order this on until next weekend and I just submitted my supply order earlier today! Hmmmm... wonder if someone local has any?

1. How do I return or exchange a pantry item?

If you are not satisfied with a pantry item you purchased, you can return it within 45 days for a full refund or exchange. Simply contact our customer service team and they will guide you through the process.

2. Can I exchange an item for a different one?

Yes, you can exchange a pantry item for a different one as long as it is of equal or lesser value. If the new item is more expensive, you will need to pay the difference.

3. What if the item I received is damaged or defective?

If you received a damaged or defective pantry item, please contact our customer service team immediately. We will work with you to either exchange the item or provide a refund.

4. Do I need to pay for shipping when exchanging a pantry item?

If you are exchanging a pantry item due to a mistake on our end, we will cover the shipping costs. However, if you are exchanging the item for a different one, you will be responsible for the shipping costs.

5. Can I exchange a pantry item that I received as a gift?

Yes, you can exchange a pantry item that was given to you as a gift. However, you will need to provide the original order number or the name of the person who purchased the item in order to process the exchange.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPeg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
MarciMac
  • Jen1409
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sherri lynn
Replies