• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can We Avoid Order Entry Errors Like This in the Future?

In summary, a consultant's host from a past show in February informed her that one of her guests did not receive the 20% discount on a large bar pan. The consultant contacted Support Service to request a refund for the customer and suggested that the program should not allow regular product numbers to be used during a special sale. The consultant also mentions being out of pocket for a cranberry mini baker and suggests that a warning should be implemented for regular product numbers being used during a special sale. Other consultants share their experiences with similar situations and offer advice on how to handle it.
kcjodih
Gold Member
My host from my last show in February just emailed me to let me know that one of her guests (outside order) did not get the 20% discount on her large bar pan. Here that works out to $9.40 with 13% tax. I've just looked it up and either she or the guest, whoever filled out the form didn't use the guest special number supplied, I never caught it when entering and neither did Pampered Partner.

I just emailed Support Service asking for them to refund the customer on her credit card (which I know takes forever) and suggested to them that the program in my opinion, should not allow the regular product numbers to be entered when there is a special like this just like you can't use the discount numbers when they're not valid and it should be part of the monthly update. It would save with errors like this because I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Would you have contacted Support or would you have just paid the money yourself out of pocket? The show was a $400 that she just got to, I think $405 and then I added an order I had so really it wouldn't have even been a $400 show. I paid for a cranberry mini baker for her (used 50%) since she had been whining at the show she booked from that hers was broken, threw it out, other consultant never told her to return it blah blah. I finally told her after she carried on that if she had a show I'd give it to her for half price over and above her discounts. So there wasn't alot of commission made, I'm out of pocket already and there were no bookings - only 2 guests and then alot of orders from her work. Not to mention she's been a PITA to deal with the entire time.

Would you reimburse her or contact Support like I did? Although the responsibility is also mine it really burns me that the regular number can be entered and go through making errors like this possible.

I think I would make the suggestion. It is hard to remember all that when it is on special like that myself, especially when it is a phone order or just an email with the product name! All they can say is NO! I just wonder why she waited a year to mention it!

Not a year Jane, my LAST show in February :) about 2 weeks ago :)

I think doing what you did was the smart thing to try first! It IS a good idea for them to just have a simple flag or red-dot warning when a regular item number is used on an item that is a Guest Special/Sale item. I know I've had online orders for a show that the customer selected the regular priced item, and fortunately I caught it.If they said 'no' (which I'd honestly be surprised if they did?? but who knows), I'd probably eat the cost- since I'd feel that technically, it was my job to catch it, not the guests, etc. Consider it a lesson learned that you'll probably not make that mistake again! :) (I know that's how I typically learn those lessons!)

I had some people order from a catalog show online who didn't know to use the special numbers for 20% off - fortunately they had told me they were ordering Stoneware for the special so I changed the item numbers for them and let them know. Could have been a real cluster!

I did see later that one of the categories for on-line ordering was "Guest Special". I never thought to point that out to my on-line customers in advance. Did we know that? Did I miss it somewhere?

Like John said earlier today, there's a lot for us to keep up with. It behooves us to do so! I do love my job -- seriously, I do!​

OK, this is playing semantics. I would call Solution Center and ask for them to refund the difference. If they say no, ask if they will them exchange the product....the large bar pan for the guest special bar pan. They may see the silliness in refusing to accomodate in the first place.

After all, hosts can exchange the half price items and opt for a different product at haf price. I really do not think they will refuse to help though. It will require a call though, and I would simply tell them that you need their help in resolving the error.

HTH

I'm with everyone else on this. Try Customer Service first (hopefully they'll come through, but I guess it depends on who you get on the line!). If they refuse, I'd do it out of my own pocket. It's just good customer service. And who knows, maybe this guest will one day become a great host!! :)

I had a problem customer like this ... nothing satisfied her. Her friend is now a consultant on my team! You never know where jumping through hoops might get you. I probably wouldn't have even thought to ask corporate if the order came in on the web page, I added it to a show & failed to review the order before submitting the show. I'd just pay the customer out of pocket & use it as a learning experience.Sorry the host has been such a pain! I'd figure up the commission you made on her show, then subtract the expenses you've incurred thus far. If she comes back & complains about anything else, I'd just point out tell her how much I've already spent out of pocket to make her happy and that I can't afford to keep doing it! ;)

I forgot to put the special price on a stone last year. It was an outside order that came online. She was the sister of one of my (almost) friend and great customer. I noticed it after i submitted and it was too late. HO never adjusted the price. I asked her and she did not really mind and ended up getting her a seasoning, making up the difference in price.

I also would enjoy a flag next to the item if it was available at a better price, and i don't catch it.

What i really wonder about is, that i thought the 20%off on stone was ONLY abailable through a party. However my neighbor has placed an individual order on my website bought outlet stuff and the rectangular stone for 20% off !!! She has used her 10% discount too.

Just an update for those curious...if anyone is :)

I finally got an email back yesterday (took 8 days!) and they said they'd be refunding the host the money owed. However the email said they'd be refunding $28.80 and the difference was only $9.49 - $8.40 which is 20% of our $42 bar pan plus 13% tax.

I emailed back saying thank you but that's way too much could you please recheck, should only be $9.49 at which point she emails me again deleting her first response!! :eek: as if she'd never written it (so it was my original email, my second email stating it's too much, and her first response in between was gone!) and said I was correct, here's a ref # (didnt get one the first time !?!?) and she would be refunded $12.80 (???)

I didn't even bother to reply back again...sigh. If they can't do the math after I gave them the amount twice (original and second email) I give up. At least I saved the company almost $20 from the original amount they were going to refund!

UGH

Oh WOW. Scary
I just call in these "difficult" cases.
I am glad at least it resolved.

wow, is Canada's Bar pan really $42?

It sure is Sharon. I never did understand it. Even with the exchange rate it doesn't make any sense. Lots of differences in price.

Zsu said:
What i really wonder about is, that i thought the 20%off on stone was ONLY abailable through a party. However my neighbor has placed an individual order on my website bought outlet stuff and the rectangular stone for 20% off !!! She has used her 10% discount too.

the 20% off on stoneware was available to everyone, including individual orders.

kcjodih said:
The show was a $400 that she just got to, I think $405 and then I added an order I had so really it wouldn't have even been a $400 show. I paid for a cranberry mini baker for her (used 50%) since she had been whining at the show she booked from that hers was broken, threw it out, other consultant never told her to return it blah blah. I finally told her after she carried on that if she had a show I'd give it to her for half price over and above her discounts. So there wasn't alot of commission made, I'm out of pocket already and there were no bookings - only 2 guests and then alot of orders from her work. Not to mention she's been a PITA to deal with the entire time.

I would reimburse her because it was my error, but think it was smart of you to start with HO. Love the idea of the red flag when items are on sale. But for the future, if you offer something at half off if they host a party, I would give them a minimum for their party total. Tell them they'll get whatever item for 50% off if the party is over $500 (at the least). Incentive for them and then you'll be ok with your commission.

I appreciate that you contacted HO about this. It is a PIA to try to catch all those, esp outside orders. I wish that when things are on sale, the sale price would just come up, just like at grocery store or most retail stores. We get updates to adjust prices, why not those for the month the prices are different. They could just put in a beginning and ending date for them.

Sandi

Exactly my point Sandi. It WAS my error however we are only human and make mistakes. It shouldn't even be an option, it should pop up as an error in my opinion. I can't believe it took them 8 days to get back to me and then she wanted to give the woman triple the amount back! They're still reimbursing her more than the overcharge but I give up trying to do their job. At least I'm not out of pocket.

1. What is "What Would You Do?"

"What Would You Do?" is a popular cooking game where players compete to create the most delicious and unique dishes using a variety of ingredients and kitchen tools. It's a fun and interactive way to showcase your culinary skills and creativity.

2. How do you play "What Would You Do?"

To play "What Would You Do?", each player takes turns drawing an ingredient card and a tool card. They must then come up with a dish that incorporates both the ingredient and the tool. The other players then vote on the best dish, and the winner earns points. The player with the most points at the end of the game wins!

3. Is "What Would You Do?" suitable for all ages?

Yes, "What Would You Do?" is suitable for all ages. It's a great game for families to play together and can also be enjoyed by adults at parties. The game is simple and easy to understand, making it suitable for kids as well.

4. Can "What Would You Do?" be played with a large group?

Yes, "What Would You Do?" can be played with a large group of people. The more players, the more fun and challenging the game becomes. You can even split into teams if you have a particularly large group.

5. Can you use Pampered Chef products in "What Would You Do?"

Absolutely! In fact, "What Would You Do?" was designed to showcase the versatility and functionality of Pampered Chef products. You can use any of our high-quality kitchen tools and appliances to create delicious dishes in the game.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cochef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Kelly8