• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

PC Fanatic's Dilemma: Thrown Away Fluted Stoneware Pan - What Would You Do?

In summary, Kris hears a guest at her show say that she had the fluted stoneware pan for just a few days and a mouse pooped and peed on it, so she threw it away. Kris thinks the guest would have been happier with a stone that broke rather than being told to bring it to Kris for repair. Kris recommends contacting HO on the customer's behalf to see if they can do anything.
I Have the Tools
A guest at my show today (who loves PC and has a lot of it) said that she had the fluted stoneware pan for just a few days and a mouse pooped and peed on it, so she threw it away.

Said she couldn't stand the thought of using it.

I think I understood her to say that the consultant suggested she break it and say she broke it. Which she could not be dishonest and do (applaud for her). Since she had it such a short time, I think HO would have made her happy. (She didn't say it was PC's fault though, or course).

What would you as her consultant have done? And if you were her, would you have thrown it away?

Just wondering.

Kris

As a person, I would have definitely tossed a stone that had mouse droppings. Yech! Not even bleach would decontaminate it enough for my comfort.

As her consultant, I would have contacted HO on her behalf to see if anything could be done, telling them the truth about needing a replacement. To suggest she deliberately break it then try to pass it off as an accident is very dishonest. I know HO is very generous with their replacement policies, but to lie to them... Makes me wonder about that consultant's character.

Try to make her happy!!I think the expression:
"The customer is always right!"
is really a good policy to have. No matter what our customers deserve our help in anything that comes up. Sometimes life does bring crazy things at us and in order to keep a happy and returning customer we should always do whatever we possibly can to help them out.
Calling HO would be a great start. Get their ideas and policies on this and see what you can do. Also if HO cannot help, offer the customer a discount on a new stone purchase. I would even go so far as to offering her a stone for half off with a kitchen show or a catalog show that brings in at least $200. Kit enhancement month is coming and 40% off really helps if you choose to do that. If she books a show in April or after this discount will help you and really impress her with your caring attitude.
She seemed to understand that the situation was not anyone's fault except for nature itself. What a nice lady to deal with. Some people get irate and want to blame everyone around them.
Debbie

ASK what they want...do not assumeI always say that we should never assume what the customer wants. Why did she tell you about the mouse droppings? It is completely unrealistic to expect a company to take back an item because SHE allowed a mouse to use it as a restroom. That doesn't mean I would not have tried to do something for her though. Perhaps she was just telling you that story to point out the dishonest consultant. So...ASK..."How could I have made you feel better about that?" and listen to what they say. Every time I've done that, the customer has always asked for much less than what I was about to give them! They had a stone that broke? Don't immediately tell them to bring it to you and you'll take care of it! Ask them "How can I help you with that? Let me tell you about the return policy." Don't assume...just ask!

I like that approach affshea. I'll remember it in the future.
She wasn't actually telling me she was talking to my sister and her daughter about it and as I was doing something else with someone I overheard her so it got my interest. She was in no way blaming the stone or PC or anyone, just stating that sadly this is what happened. She owns a lot of PC and is a fantastic cook I'm told. As well as a very sweet lady.

But what got my attention was when I heard, "...because you know the stones absorb EVERYTHING so I had to throw it away...."
So calmly I felt the need to nicely correct that statement. That because of the high temperatures they are fired at that they are non-porous. I didn't want folks having the wrong information.

She doesn't have a phone so I let her daughter know (my niece in law) to let her know that I'd be glad to let her purchase a new one at my discount. (After seeing this idea on here). She was in no way unhappy or being critical, just saying how awful it was that a mouse had gotten to it.

Kris

1. What is "What Would You Do?"

"What Would You Do?" is a popular game from Pampered Chef where players are given a hypothetical cooking scenario and must decide what tools or ingredients they would use to solve the problem.

2. How do I play "What Would You Do?"

To play "What Would You Do?", participants take turns drawing cards with different cooking scenarios. Then, they must decide what tools or ingredients they would use to solve the problem and explain their reasoning. The player with the most creative and effective solutions wins!

3. Can I play "What Would You Do?" alone?

While "What Would You Do?" is typically played with a group, you can also play by yourself. Simply draw a card and come up with your own solution to the scenario.

4. Are there different versions of "What Would You Do?"

Yes, there are different versions of "What Would You Do?" available from Pampered Chef. There is a classic version that focuses on using different kitchen tools, as well as a baking version that focuses on using different baking ingredients.

5. Is "What Would You Do?" suitable for all ages?

Yes, "What Would You Do?" is suitable for all ages. It is a fun and engaging game for both kids and adults, and can also be a great way to teach younger children about cooking and kitchen tools.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedchef88
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • lisasfuncooking
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • Nanisu