1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings What would you do??

1. My sister, whom lives in Mass. (I live in NC) said she would like to help me out and have a party. But she doesn't want to have a catalog party. She feels that people are "sold" on the products when they see them in person. I agree with her.

I know it would be a fairly sizable party....should I pay the airfare to go up?

Jun 7, 2009
  2. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

I wouldn't fly up just for the show.

Have her do a party but without you there. Have everyone bring a favorite PC recipe or product with them so they can tell everyone about it. Be available by phone or do Skype if you can.

I am doing a "catalog" show with a friend who is stationed in Germany and that's what we're doing. She's still having the Cooking Show, but with no consultant. :)

Jun 7, 2009
  3. chefsteph07

chefsteph07 Legacy Member

Since it's your sis, you can tie it into a visit. I'd think about it.

Jun 7, 2009
  4. WLMcCoy

WLMcCoy Advanced Member

I agree... :thumbup:

Jun 7, 2009
  5. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

Depends on your finances. If you can, great....it's a visit. If you do go, try and book a couple shows while you're there.

If finances are not so great, DebbieJ's idea is a fantastic solution.

6. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

Likewise ... if you can afford the trip just to see your sis, if you can do a show while you're there, it is a tax deduction.

How many products does your sis have?

My dad's sisters live in Northern Mass/New Hampshire and last year, a half a dozen of us split the gas and hit the road. Only cost us about $100 each even at last year's $4 a gallon gas prices. But alas, no tax deductible trip while I was there, though I did bring a few products and books.

If you're flying ... the DCB might be too heavy for a carry on, and I would not trust it to checked baggage! I like Debbie's solution if you can.

7. janezapchef

janezapchef Veteran Member Gold Member

Sign her up and have her do the show! She could basically do it like Debbie suggested even. Having a new consultant signed under you would help your business too!

Outside of that, I agree with Steph. I'd make a planned visit out of it, not just for the show. I try to do that any time I travel to family!

Jun 8, 2009
  8. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

When I started, I had NO IDEA what I was doing. A friend of my mom's had sent some things as a wedding gift, and suggested that I could do a catalog show to do more. I had never been to a show (of any kind, for that matter), and apparently didn't quite understand the concept of a catalog show correctly :D DH and I cooked up two recipes from the SB she had sent me and invited a bunch of friends over to look at the catalog. It worked out well, and now I'm the consultant.

I definitely agree with suggesting she sign up and do the show, but if she doesn't sign up, there's nothing stopping her from inviting people over to try our what products she has.

Jun 8, 2009
Have something to add?