• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host a Memorable In-Person Party with Your Sister in Massachusetts

In summary, my sister, whom lives in Mass. (I live in NC), said she would like to help me out and have a party. But she doesn't want to have a catalog party. She feels that people are "sold" on the products when they see them in person. I agree with her.
ccrusoe
My sister, whom lives in Mass. (I live in NC) said she would like to help me out and have a party. But she doesn't want to have a catalog party. She feels that people are "sold" on the products when they see them in person. I agree with her.

I know it would be a fairly sizable party....should I pay the airfare to go up?

I wouldn't fly up just for the show.Have her do a party but without you there. Have everyone bring a favorite PC recipe or product with them so they can tell everyone about it. Be available by phone or do Skype if you can. I am doing a "catalog" show with a friend who is stationed in Germany and that's what we're doing. She's still having the Cooking Show, but with no consultant. :)

Since it's your sis, you can tie it into a visit. I'd think about it.

chefsteph07 said:
Since it's your sis, you can tie it into a visit. I'd think about it.

I agree... :thumbup:

Depends on your finances. If you can, great....it's a visit. If you do go, try and book a couple shows while you're there.

If finances are not so great, DebbieJ's idea is a fantastic solution.

Likewise ... if you can afford the trip just to see your sis, if you can do a show while you're there, it is a tax deduction.

How many products does your sis have?

My dad's sisters live in Northern Mass/New Hampshire and last year, a half a dozen of us split the gas and hit the road. Only cost us about $100 each even at last year's $4 a gallon gas prices. But alas, no tax deductible trip while I was there, though I did bring a few products and books.

If you're flying ... the DCB might be too heavy for a carry on, and I would not trust it to checked baggage! I like Debbie's solution if you can.

Sign her up and have her do the show! She could basically do it like Debbie suggested even. Having a new consultant signed under you would help your business too!

Outside of that, I agree with Steph. I'd make a planned visit out of it, not just for the show. I try to do that any time I travel to family!

When I started, I had NO IDEA what I was doing. A friend of my mom's had sent some things as a wedding gift, and suggested that I could do a catalog show to do more. I had never been to a show (of any kind, for that matter), and apparently didn't quite understand the concept of a catalog show correctly :D DH and I cooked up two recipes from the SB she had sent me and invited a bunch of friends over to look at the catalog. It worked out well, and now I'm the consultant.

I definitely agree with suggesting she sign up and do the show, but if she doesn't sign up, there's nothing stopping her from inviting people over to try our what products she has.

What is "What Would You Do?"

"What Would You Do?" is a game show where contestants are presented with various moral and ethical dilemmas and must decide what they would do in that situation.

How does the game work?

Contestants are given a scenario and must make a decision on what they would do. They then have a limited amount of time to discuss their decision with their team before revealing their choice to the host. The decisions are then compared to a panel of experts to see if they align with what is considered the "right" thing to do.

Who are the experts on the show?

The experts on the show come from a variety of fields such as psychology, law enforcement, and ethics. They provide insights and commentary on the decisions made by the contestants.

Is there a prize for winning the game?

Yes, the winning team receives a cash prize that they can either keep or donate to a charity of their choice.

Can I participate in "What Would You Do?" as an audience member?

Unfortunately, the show is currently not open to audience participation. However, you can join in on the fun by watching and playing along from the comfort of your own home!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Alicia Denman
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
texaschef1
Replies
Views
lovecookn
  • MaggieChef13
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies