1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales What would you do?

1. trps

trps Advanced Member Silver Member

"I will probably invite 6 or 7, hoping for 3 or 4 - you know how that goes."

This is an e-mail I got from a host as we were booking.

Apr 1, 2009
  2. You have to host coach and change her method of thinking! Tell her everyone deserves to come out relax and have fun! Don't pre-judge!!

3. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I think first, I would ask her what she is hoping to earn through having a show?
    Then let her know about how much she will need in sales to get there. Also, use the phrase "no one is offended by being invited, but if you don't invite someone, there could be hurt feelings."
    Also talk about how people feel more pressured to buy more than they can really afford when there are fewer people at the party - if there is a larger group, it takes the pressure off and makes the evening more relaxed and fun for everyone!

Do you use something like the 50 Guests in 5 Minutes flyer? You could go over that with her, to help her think of more people she might want to invite...

Apr 1, 2009
  4. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

oops, wrong post.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
    Apr 1, 2009
  5. gailz2

gailz2 Senior Member Gold Member

I give all my hosts the 50 guests in 5 minutes flyer. It really helps them get ideas of who to invite. I also like the phrase of people not being offended if they were invited, but they may be if they weren't.

Apr 1, 2009
  6. trps

trps Advanced Member Silver Member

I guess I just need the encouragement to ask her to invite more without worrying that she cancel because what was I going to loose (not much) so I just asked her to invite everyone she know that she should let them choose if they don't want to come and that she is only asking them to come spend a fun evening. She e-mailed back and said, ok thanks so I think she will do that.

Apr 1, 2009
Have something to add?