• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Contacts: Creative Ideas for Networking at Expos and Shows

That was about $600 worth of business. Not a bad ROI for a $425 investment. You might also want to check with the expo management about whether or not it is okay to wear a PC shirt. just a heads up.
Chef_Taniesa
Hi all

Im a brand new consultant of two weeks ( I get my kit tomorow YAY) anyway I have been thinking of ways to get more contacts, one idea i had was going to this expo cooking show that they are having simi localy.... but the booth is $425 and I just dont think i should invest that much money being so new, plus im not sure if it would be profitable or that i would get many contacts. So I was thinking... What if I walked around the expo/food show and passed out something? its going to be in november so something festive that has my information on it? How could i get contacts? I thought i could walk around with my pampered chef apron on but is that too cheesy? How could i get people to give me their information or even get someone who would want to host a show? any ideas?

Thanks!
Taniesa

hmm...My only concern would be... if you were to walk around the expo passing items out and wearing the PC apron, would that be okay with the expo officials/management? I mean, most people are paying the booth price for the opportunity to be there advertising so if you do it for free there may be a problem. I would check on that before doing anything.

What if you got some other consultants in your cluster to work the booth as well. That's what we do in my cluster. Our director figures up how much of the booth fee you would be responsible for if you worked say a 2 hour shift. Then she send out a sign-up list for everyone in the cluster to have a chance to pick a shift, or 2 shifts if they are interested. Whatever contacts you make during your shift are yours.

I wish i could do thatI cant really split up the cost of the booth because the event is only one evening from 6:30 till 9.... there isnt a pampered chef rep booked at the expo. Maybe Ill forgo wearing my apron and just bring a bag with catalogs and my business card...

You really need to be careful!!! By walking around and handing out catalogs and your business cards without having booth space may upset the other vendors and even the Expo Directors/Mgmt . You don't want to start your business out on bad note. Going to the expo and seeing what all is there and wearing a PC shirt does not hurt anyone. If someone does ask you then by all means let them know you are a Consultant (30 second commercial) but I would not go just to hand out catalogs without having a booth. It is a great idea to booths and expos so maybe you could reserve a booth for next year and forego this year. $425 is a lot of money to part with, especially when you are just starting out. If you do not want to split the booth with anyone else on your TEAM then I would recommend going back to your "list of 100" and starting there for contacts.
Good luck!

Kim Murdock
Future Director

It's in how you do it.I've done something like that before. The booth would've cost $500 for one evening just like yours. My new recruit and I printed up recipes and stamped out info on the other side and walked around the event. It was at Christmas time and I wore a PC santa hat with a red PC shirt. I just asked people if they wanted a free recipe. Some people took the card and kept on walking. Some I was able to engage. I got a few show leads through it. No one from management approached me.

Actually the organizer of the event had a Jan show for me the following month.

1. What is "What Would You Do?"

"What Would You Do?" is a line of kitchen tools and accessories designed to make cooking and meal preparation easier and more efficient. The products are sold exclusively through Pampered Chef consultants and are not available in retail stores.

2. How do I purchase "What Would You Do?" products?

To purchase "What Would You Do?" products, you can either host a Pampered Chef party and earn them as host rewards or place an order through a Pampered Chef consultant. You can find a consultant near you by visiting our website or contacting our customer service team.

3. Are "What Would You Do?" products dishwasher safe?

Yes, all "What Would You Do?" products are dishwasher safe unless otherwise specified. However, we recommend hand washing for longer durability.

4. Do "What Would You Do?" products come with a warranty?

Yes, all "What Would You Do?" products come with a limited lifetime warranty against any defects in materials or workmanship. If you encounter any issues with your product, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

5. Can I return or exchange "What Would You Do?" products?

Yes, if you are not satisfied with your "What Would You Do?" product, you may return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange. Please contact your Pampered Chef consultant or our customer service team for more details on our return policy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Laura4
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Laura4
  • Brina
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Bren706