• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is PC a Good Fit for a 21 Year Old?

In summary, the caller had a computer problem and was not able to sign up with the business at that time. The caller's mother answered the phone and did not think the business was a good match for the caller. The caller's mother asked the caller if he was working or in college. The caller said he is 22 and is in college. The caller said if the business did not get in the way of his college work or another job he has, he would like to sign up. The caller said his two cents is that age is just a number and that the only thing that matters is if the caller is able to sign the agreement legally.
its_me_susan
I had a 21 year old boy/man call me today in response to a recruiting ad I placed in a local paper. He wanted to sign right then and there (I had explained the business in detail, and he had checked out my website) - the only reason we didn't sign him up is he had a computer problem (it wouldn't let him in the main sight, only MY website - is there a direct link to join there???) and I was shopping for birthday supplies and wasn't near my computer.

We agreed I would call after 8pm, I did. I called back an hour later and his mother answered. She said "Is this that PC thing?" - "yes" ... "well I don't think this is a good match for him; he's only 21, blah, blah, blah". I responded respectfully but did ask her to let him know that I had called.

Ugh!

What do you think? I think for a mere $90 investment (he likes to cook too) it's worth a try, and he is an adult. But the mom in me isn't sure - - if PC were a sleezy business (and of course it's not) I would want the caller to step back.

Obviously I think I need to wait for him to call ME - I do not want to be perceived as pushy.

Please share your thoughts.
Susan

Well, 21 in my book is an adult. Way past. However, being the mother of boys, he may be imature for his age. At 21 I was married, had a carreer and was building our first home. If a mother feels the need to get into her 21 year olds business by telling you she doesnt think it is right for him there must be some kind of problems. If it were me I would just let him call me back unless you have another way of contacting him other than where his mother is. Like you said, you don't want to sound pushy.

luvs2sellit said:
Well, 21 in my book is an adult. Way past. However, being the mother of boys, he may be imature for his age. At 21 I was married, had a carreer and was building our first home. If a mother feels the need to get into her 21 year olds business by telling you she doesnt think it is right for him there must be some kind of problems. If it were me I would just let him call me back unless you have another way of contacting him other than where his mother is. Like you said, you don't want to sound pushy.

Thanks, I'm thinking that is the best plan. If he wants to take this small risk and thinks he may enjoy the job, I think that is great & I'm going to feel great at giving him a break I wish someone had given me at such a young age. Can you imagine where we'd be now if we started earlier? :)

Does he have a job now?Is he working or in college? I feel if this would not get in the way with his college work or another job he has then why not. But I do feel you need to let him call you and see what he says. I am sure his mother gave him her two cents about how she fells. Good Luck.

My two cents.The only thing any of us should be concerned about at all is his age.
He has to be able to sign the agreement legally.
It is not up to us to decide who is and who is not suited for this. Remember the lady "aleechef" who has a real problem with a recruiter and director? Do not turn into one of them!
It does not matter if he has a job or is in college. It should not matter if he is sitting on a couch all day. That will never determine if he can do this.
The only thing you need to be concerned with is if he has the $90. Sounds weird but you will not know what he can do if he is not given a chance.
As for his mom, well, again, she may be right, she may be wrong but...
You don't loose anything at all by giving him his chance.
Who knows? He may be another Emrill, Tom Marston or David Meanen.

I understand that you don't want to be pushy. However, if he is old enough to sign and he is the one who contacted you in the first place, I'm sure it's something he really wants to do. Just because he's 21 doesn't mean anything in my opinion. I am only 22 and I love doing PC, October was my SS1 and I had $3135.36 in commissionable sales. If his heart is in it he can do great no matter what his age is!!

Mom in charge?Do you have an address? Can you look his name up in the phonebook for address? If mommy is interviening, maybe mailing him the info that has been posted on this sight "what have you got to lose"? You could include copies of the top 10 and highlight the names of males. I would keep the return address very simple and not include anything that would let mommy know that it is in regard to Pampered Chef.
Did you ask mommy why it would not be a good match? Is he one to take the money and run?
Do you have a significant male in your life as a supporter to your business? Could he call and you could be on the line and do a 3 way?
Just some options.

1. What is "What Would You Do?"

"What Would You Do?" is a cooking game show where contestants must use their cooking skills and creativity to prepare a dish using a mystery ingredient.

2. How do contestants win on "What Would You Do?"

The winner of "What Would You Do?" is chosen based on the taste, presentation, and creativity of their dish as judged by a panel of culinary experts.

3. Can anyone participate in "What Would You Do?"

Yes, anyone can participate in "What Would You Do?" as long as they are over the age of 18 and have a passion for cooking.

4. What kind of ingredients are used on "What Would You Do?"

The mystery ingredient on "What Would You Do?" can be anything from a common pantry item to a more unique ingredient that may challenge the contestants' cooking skills.

5. How can I watch "What Would You Do?"

"What Would You Do?" airs on various networks, such as the Food Network, and can also be streamed on popular streaming platforms like Hulu or Amazon Prime Video.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedlinda
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • sillylittlechef