• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Handling Last-Minute Show Rescheduling: Tips and Advice

In summary, Brooke was supposed to have a show tonight but when she called the hostess to confirm the number of guests last night, the hostess said she has to reschedule. Brooke was very nice and rescheduled the hostess for next month. She also put a letter in her packets that says if she needs to reschedule to please give her advanced notice. Brooke is afraid this might happen with the hostess again and she is looking for advice.
bbauman07
Gold Member
So I was supposed to have a show this evening but the when I called the hostess to confirn the number of guests last night she says she has to reschedule!! I was very nice and rescheduled her for next month. I do put a letter in my packets that says if you need to reschedule to please give me advanced notice because this is my source of income and so that I may offer the date to someone else. I have had people reshedule before but never the night before the show. I know never to pre-judge people but I'm afraid this might happen with her again. Thanks for any and all advice.

My question is what do you do in these situations?

Sorry, Brooke! What a bum deal! How about just "penciling" in her info for next month instead of ink. Or mark it some other way so you'll remember. Then, if a sure thing comes along (if there's such a thing), you can call her to reschedule.

Last minute things do come up....I think that we all need to remember that last minute things do come up and it's possible that it was something she didn't have any control over. For instance, my kids often "forget" to tell me about events going on at their school until the day of. Someone in her family might have had a problem that she needed to attend to. Or, maybe she just had a migraine. When I get them, I'm pretty much usless for the rest of the day. Whatever the reason, she most likely wouldn't cancel again (at least I hope she wouldn't!). I'd definitely try to keep in close contact with her. Good luck with her show next month!

schedule her during a week that you are already full with shows, and/or on a day that you don't normally do kitchen shows. That way, if she cancels, at least you wouldn't have "wasted" a prime day.

Thanks for the ideas. The reason she cancelled is because their was an event at her work that night. You have to understand that she knew about this event (the one at work) atleast a month ago since she's one of the bosses. She's my friends cousin so the only reason she wants to have a show is because she wants to help me out. (that's what she says) She invited everyone from work (since her family won't buy anything) and then shedules the all to work this event the night of her show and waits till the night before to fill me in. I've rescheduled her for a show in about two weeks she says she had her work calendar with her this time and that this will be a good day but we will have to see.

1. How do I handle a last-minute show rescheduling?

First, communicate with the host and apologize for any inconvenience. Then, try to find a new date that works for both the host and yourself. Offer to help the host spread the word about the rescheduled date to ensure a good turnout. Finally, make sure to update any invitations or promotions with the new date.

2. What should I do if the host is unable to find a new date?

If the host is unable to find a new date, suggest hosting a virtual or online show. This way, the show can still go on without the need for rescheduling. You can also offer to send a catalog or online order link to the host's friends and family who were planning to attend the in-person show.

3. Will I lose sales if a show is rescheduled last-minute?

It is possible that you may lose some sales due to a last-minute rescheduling, but it is not a guarantee. Some guests may still attend the rescheduled show or make purchases through the host's online party link. Make sure to stay positive and offer incentives to attendees for their flexibility.

4. How can I prevent last-minute show rescheduling?

To prevent last-minute show rescheduling, make sure to have a clear and thorough communication with the host before setting a date for the show. Confirm the date and time multiple times and make sure the host is aware of their responsibilities, such as inviting guests and providing refreshments.

5. What is the best way to handle a last-minute rescheduling for a large show?

For large shows, it is important to have a backup plan in case of a last-minute rescheduling. This could include having a standby host or offering a virtual or online show as an alternative. Make sure to communicate with the host and guests as soon as possible to minimize any inconvenience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MrsTLC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
  • ahammons
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • kristina16marie