• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Non-Payment: What to Do When a Cheffer Refuses to Answer?

In summary, there is a discussion about a cheffer not paying for an item and not responding to messages. Some members suggest giving her the benefit of the doubt, while others suggest warning others about her. One member mentions a similar situation with another cheffer who has scammed multiple people. The moderator is notified, but the post is not taken down and some members feel guilty for not calling the cheffer out. The conversation shifts to discussing how some people can be deceitful and make "friends" but not respond when questioned. The idea of letting HO (Home Office) know is suggested. Some members are curious about what is going on.
By the way, if you're the one that ever ends up being ganged up on, I'll take stand up for you, too.

O/T but Kentucky derby
Chefgirl2 said:
We are going on To Atlantis on Wave 1!
But, if you all know anything about Louisville, Kentucky where I live, then you know the week we'll be in Atlantis is Derby week! We'll miss a lot of the most fun week of the year, here in KY! It is one big party. We have the Boat Races, a huge Derby Parade, The Balloon glow with races, the oaks races and of course the KY Derby races. Plus, they have live bands everynight for about 10 days at Waterfront Park...it is so much fun!!

We can't take wave 2 because my son's bday is then and we missed it last year on the cruise:rolleyes:

That's okay!! I can't wait to sink my feet in the sand and meet a lot of you!
my upline was selected to chef for the derby this year.(What a huge Honor):) I have never been, but love the Depiction of it in Pretty Woman:D

Paige Dixon said:
I wasn't trying to compare this to the atrocity from 9/11, but point out that the fact that people seem to stand by and watch rather than act when they see wrong.

I know there are lurkers because many commented that they are "staying out of this thread" except to comment on something technical.

I can't believe that someone would spend this much time and effort to gain a couple hundred dollars. Imagine what would have been made by spending that time and effort on the business. People ganging up on one idea is different. I hate to see everyone gang up on one person.

Well I'm sorry you feel that those people died cause they were scared and didn't act!! But I'm leaving that alone cause it's making me sick.
Honey, you've spent just as much time reading these threads as everyone else on here. Get off your high stinking horse and spend some time on the business as you say!!

(on a side note thanks to KG for explaining the Ignore Button/I'm using it today. Sorry for my harshness to everyone, never in all my time here have I ever been so upset)

Paige I am trying to give you the benefit of the doubt about not trying to compare this thread to 9/11..but i'm having a hard time with you not apologizing for making the comment that can hurt so many peoples feelings. To me that comment was so much worse than taking someones money...you just put down all the people that were taken hostage and killed and said oh well they could have prevented it.

I see that you are in CO...I am in WI and we were not as touched by 9/11 as those in NY and Washington DC. Yes I saw it on TV but it was not the same as having it in my home town, they felt it on a greater level than I can ever imagine. You need to be considerate of those peoples feelings that knew someone who's life was lost or affected by that date. When it comes to 9/11 or the war (many of us have loved ones in iraq and other dangerous areas) you need to be very careful of what you say, you can very easily hurt someones feelings. What you said was very crass.

For anyone that knew anyone that was harmed at all my prayers are with you.

I agree...after this post I am putting on the ignore button so it does not bother me any more. I also have not been this upset/hurt in a long time. I'm sorry but I have two brothers that are Marines and it just bothers me when someone makes light of any of the deaths. Since the first one joined I treasure every moment I get to talk/spend with them.

Now I'm off to study for a very loooong time

Last edited:
nikkijo said:
Paige I am trying to give you the benefit of the doubt about not trying to compare this thread to 9/11..but i'm having a hard time with you not apologizing for making the comment that can hurt so many peoples feelings. To me that comment was so much worse than taking someones money...you just put down all the people that were taken hostage and killed and said oh well they could have prevented it.

I see that you are in CO...I am in WI and we were not as touched by 9/11 as those in NY and Washington DC. Yes I saw it on TV but it was not the same as having it in my home town, they felt it on a greater level than I can ever imagine. You need to be considerate of those peoples feelings that knew someone who's life was lost or affected by that date. When it comes to 9/11 or the war (many of us have loved ones in iraq and other dangerous areas) you need to be very careful of what you say, you can very easily hurt someones feelings. What you said was very crass.

For anyone that knew anyone that was harmed at all my prayers are with you.

I am Canadian and live in BC and we watched on TV like it wasn't real. But it happened it's real. I thank a higher power everyday that I and nobody in my family has ever had to live through such pain. I'm not going to talk about this anymore!

That is the whole point Paige. We are not ganging up on her...these are facts...If you read Holy Sh** you will see that I was ganged up on when I tried to give Darby another out by suggesting she mail out the receipts...

Just because people read the forums and not repond does not qualify the as lurkers. They might be afraid of showing support just because of responses that hurt, are unjust or make no sense. I am constantly scanning for new tips on bookings, rcruiting, getting higher sales and meeing planning. That is what this forum is for...not scamming consultants or harming our companies awesome reputation.

The facts are on this thread if you don't want to go to the other. The point is because a lot of people thought they knew Darby, they fell victim to her scam...Darby said it was only $140...not a couple hundred dollars...
...these are facts exposing the scam for what it was. There was no stolen show.

BackPeddling?
Paige Dixon said:
I wasn't trying to compare this to the atrocity from 9/11, but point out that the fact that people seem to stand by and watch rather than act when they see wrong.

Wow Your statements are really scary:( The thought that people have the audacity to compare the acts of concerned cheffers to the Terrorist attacks is just GROSS

I know there are lurkers because many commented that they are "staying out of this thread" except to comment on something technical.
I can't believe that someone would spend this much time and effort to gain a couple hundred dollars. Imagine what would have been made by spending that time and effort on the business. People ganging up on one idea is different. I hate to see everyone gang up on one person.
This is not ganging up on one person. She (Darby) had many opportunities to defend herself and chose to CONTINUE the Fabrication.Lurkers, ok I might be one; but I feel that it is important to KNOW who NOT to do business with and I personnally appreciate ALL the EVIDENCE that has been so displayed. I will NEVER do business with her!I hope you have the fortitude to remove your Sickening Post.
Maybe you should as advised RE-READ the EVIDENCE
We are ALL Shocked:mad:

Ok, Ok, I'll remove the post. I'm always the first one to offer to help someone mow their lawn out of appreciation for her husband being overseas at war.

And I can understand being scared out of my mind and thinking only of the safety of the plane I'm on. The point was to look at what standing by and watching can lead to.

I have many friends in NYC and felt I had a very personal connection even though I didn't know someone personally on the planes, so it's not that I don't have a connection. I teach my children to stand up when they see someone being victimized, so I want to model the same.

Now to just figure out how to remove it...

Paige Dixon said:
Now to just figure out how to remove it...
To my understanding you can go to edit click that and hopefully hit delete for the whole thing.

Wow............
I have no internet for four days and I come "home" to this.

Darby seems to have "outed" herself. I cannot cast blame on those who questioned her since their facts add up more then her's do. 2+2=4 not 135.

As for HO giving out information.....Elaine, IMO, never "asked" for it. She shared the situation with HO and it went on from there. It is so very sad that one of our own deceived us but in this world, it happens ALL the time.

People forget things all the time.....everyone of us does but the honesty is owning up to it. I know who I trust and whom I never have felt completely comfortable with on CS. I will continue to believe in those whom I feel deserve my trust and question the motives of those I do not.

I am sorry for you Darby that you are now in this situation but you have no one to blame but yourself.

There is no shame in questioning things that do not add up. Bravo to you Elaine for questioning and sharing what you have learned.

I just have one question Darby---WHY????:confused:

Paige Dixon said:
Ok, Ok, I'll remove the post. I'm always the first one to offer to help someone mow their lawn out of appreciation for her husband being overseas at war.

And I can understand being scared out of my mind and thinking only of the safety of the plane I'm on. The point was to look at what standing by and watching can lead to.

I have many friends in NYC and felt I had a very personal connection even though I didn't know someone personally on the planes, so it's not that I don't have a connection. I teach my children to stand up when they see someone being victimized, so I want to model the same.

THANK YOU!! That is exactly what I did...BOTH times. When asked I tried to help Darby and when I realised I still tried to help her get out of it.

Second when I realised she was still up to it all I put a general warning out naming nobody. She called herself out and the thread picked up when everyone else figured it out by back tracking and reading Holy Sh**...

So, THANK YOU!! That is exactly what I did...BOTH times.

Chefgirl2 said:
That is quite a statement...Maybe you want to edit that Paige. There are a lot of people that would be really offended by that. Go to your original reply and hit edit if you want. I don't know if it will take off the replies. Let's hope.

Like it has been said. Read both threads and make an informed opinion. These are facts. Even if Darby comes up w/ a check...the show was never stolen...none of this is real.

Were you talking to me or Paige? Because I was appalled at her comment. I just forgot to do it as a "Quote"

Originally Posted by etteluap70PC
WOW!!!!! Holy C**P!!!!

Can this thread take any more wrong turns!

This gal Darby is why I have such a suspicious nature. I felt for her in the original thread where her boxes were stolen but something just seemed wierd to me. No way was I sending money.
One time UPS delivered one of my hosts 3 boxws to a totally different address. I called HO. They immediately shipped the host a replacement box and took care of the misdelivered one. No questions no hassle.

Originally Posted by Paige Dixon
there watching like a coward! If more people stood up to injustice, those planes would've never taken down the World Trade Center towers. All of those "lurkers" on those planes should have taken those box-cutter men down before the planes crashed.
Either participate in the thread or don't, but don't just read along without taking a stand here.

As for this I have no words to explain how misguided I think your rationality is
Chefgirl2 said:
That is quite a statement...Maybe you want to edit that Paige. There are a lot of people that would be really offended by that. Go to your original reply and hit edit if you want. I don't know if it will take off the replies. Let's hope.

Like it has been said. Read both threads and make an informed opinion. These are facts. Even if Darby comes up w/ a check...the show was never stolen...none of this is real.

Are you talking to me or Paige? I personally was appalled at her statement. I just forgot to do the "quote thing"

And like I said I thought the whole missing show thing was wierd.

Last edited:
etteluap70PC said:
Are you talking to me or Paige? I personally was appalled at her statement. I just forgot to do the "quote thing"

Hey Paulette, I just realized that your screen name is your name spelled backwards....kinda like Oprah and Harpo :D

She was talking to Paige...not you :)

CAmomCookin4U said:
Yes we did we just got back actually about 20 minutes ago.
We saw Wild Hogs with John travolta/William H Macy/ Martin Lawrence/Tim Allen and soooooo many more. It was histerical from the first second to the last. we were RITI'S Rolling in The Isle's:D :D :D
I want to see that movie! It looks so funny!

OK, sorry to sound ignorant, but what does RITI'S mean?

KellyTheChef said:

RITI'S = Rolling in The Isle's;)

KellyTheChef said:

Rolling In The Isles:D :D :D :D (of the theatre)

GeorgiaPeach said:
Hey Paulette, I just realized that your screen name is your name spelled backwards....kinda like Oprah and Harpo :D

She was talking to Paige...not you :)

Thanks Lisa.... I was gettin a bit confuzzed... LOL

Paige Dixon said:

Paige - there are lurkers OF COURSE! With over 11K members on Chef Success, there are many watching this. Please don't point me out and drag me into this thread other than what I choose to say with my post to help someone with a forum issue.

I personally did not donate so I am not directly affected by the situation so I don't want to comment publically except for those things I see people assuming in the situation that may or may not be true, like how non-profits handle checks.

If I was personally affected, I may something, but I truly don't know nor can figure out the entire story from either side and since I have no finances involved I don't want to post judgement then have to bite my tongue later. I am not talking with HO, I have no money sent, I don't have all the information, just bits and pieces I am seeing.

Don't judge "lurkers" for choosing not to take a public stand in something they are not fully informed it. I also personally wouldn't vote in an election if I didn't know the candidates or the issues - my choice. Not everyone in the world needs to get angry and vocal.

I have no hard feelings against you for your opinion or pointing out that I responded to a technical question, but please don't "point" me out in the future when not involved. Thank you in advance for that consideration.

Now, I, along with I'm sure other lurkers in the sea of 11,000+ are going back to gathering some information to help my business, trying to help others, and praying that this all gets worked out and the hostility around here turns back into the forum I joined over a month ago.

I have read the holysh thread. And, it may be fact to the ones involved...who have personal involvement...but to me it is gossip because I do not know any of you personally and so therefore all I know is he said she said and that is gossip. The whole thing has gotten out of control. This is not the place for it. Thank you for attacking me for my personal opinion. Obiviously only a few on here are entitled to their opinion. Once again Greg. Please delete all of these threads. If we were not personally involved then we cannot form a real opinion based on facts.

And, yes our customers have our consultant number but not total strangers. Anyone and everyone who gets on here does not need your number. Hackers can take your number and figure out passwords and who knows what else to get personal information about you.

I am not saying anymore about this thread. It has become distasteful.

etteluap70PC said:
Originally Posted by etteluap70PC
WOW!!!!! Holy C**P!!!!

Can this thread take any more wrong turns!

This gal Darby is why I have such a suspicious nature. I felt for her in the original thread where her boxes were stolen but something just seemed wierd to me. No way was I sending money.
One time UPS delivered one of my hosts 3 boxws to a totally different address. I called HO. They immediately shipped the host a replacement box and took care of the misdelivered one. No questions no hassle.

Originally Posted by Paige Dixon
there watching like a coward! If more people stood up to injustice, those planes would've never taken down the World Trade Center towers. All of those "lurkers" on those planes should have taken those box-cutter men down before the planes crashed.
Either participate in the thread or don't, but don't just read along without taking a stand here.

As for this I have no words to explain how misguided I think your rationality is

I was talking to Paige. I agree with you.

Shawnna said:
If we were not personally involved then we cannot form a real opinion based on facts.
I can most certainly form a real opinion about a check which was posted as "cleared" that has not been processed by a bank, and the posting of what is put forward as the back of same check which then shows a processing date over a week PRIOR TO the date of the alleged theft.The posted check is a fact. The lack of bank processing numbers on the front of the check (always present on a cleared check) is a fact. The processing date shown on the back of what was held out as the back of the same check being wrong (and again, prior to the date of the alleged theft) is a fact.I have formed my opinion based on facts.

Chefgirl2 said:
We are going on To Atlantis on Wave 1!
But, if you all know anything about Louisville, Kentucky where I live, then you know the week we'll be in Atlantis is Derby week! We'll miss a lot of the most fun week of the year, here in KY! It is one big party. We have the Boat Races, a huge Derby Parade, The Balloon glow with races, the oaks races and of course the KY Derby races. Plus, they have live bands everynight for about 10 days at Waterfront Park...it is so much fun!!

We can't take wave 2 because my son's bday is then and we missed it last year on the cruise:rolleyes:

That's okay!! I can't wait to sink my feet in the sand and meet a lot of you!

Elaine,
DH and I will be in Atlantis Wave 1 as well!!! I look forward to seeing you there!!

I'll admit that I have been "lurking" in here and feel like I just have to post now.

I like to think the best about everyone - perhaps that's naive, but I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. That being said, when your intuition tells you that something isn't right, 99% of the time, your intuition is correct. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, swims like a duck, 99% of the time it is a duck.
I have ordered cheffer shirts from Darby and gotten them no problem, I was thrilled with them.
I have, also, had a hosts order go missing and how they handled it was vastly different from what was described in the Holy Sh** thread. I had a host have a catty show that was submitted on Dec 13 to ensure delivery before Christmas. When the box didn't arrive on Monday, the 18th, she called me to let me know that she and her family were heading out of town on the Tuesday. I checked the tracking and it was in transit to be delivered on the Tuesday. I told her that I would swing by and pick the boxes up so that they weren't sitting outside for several days before they got home on the 20th. I went to her house about 15 minutes after they were delivered and there were no boxes!! I even checked with the neighbour to see if she had taken them inside. I looked in the backyard as well. No boxes. I immediately called HO. They were so helpful! The CSR told me that she would immediately ship replacements to me, so that the guests would have their things by Christmas. She then initiated a trace with UPS. If the customers hadn't needed their things by Christmas, we would have waited the 2 weeks for the UPS trace before sending out replacements. The CSR called me back in January to let me know that UPS traced the package and it was delivered, so their insurance covered the loss. I was not out of pocket ONE CENT. So having been in a similar situation just a few months ago, I knew that something wasn't ringing true.
Paige - I understand where you are coming from, but think your choice of analogy was very poor. We are not "ganging" up on anyone - we are trying to protect other people. And I know from having the same experience with regards to a missing show that what Darby told us happened is the polar opposite of what HO did for me and my customers.

Last edited:
GeorgiaPeach said:
From the very beginning the "Holy Sh**" thread caught my attention because the answers she said she was getting from HO completely went against everything I have ever heard come from the HO.

Thank you. I totally agreed and was hesitant to say anything. I haven't read this whole thread but I wanted to let you know that I agreed and felt the same.
It was very hard to believe her story...especially after my own experiences with them.
I just never cried bull on her.

I am glad that the OP finally got her money.

wow! I think I just spent 2 1/2 hrs. on this thread! i am glad that I did, and truly hope that this thread is not deleted. I think everyone on CS has a right to know what is going on, as it could affect them in the future. Thank you for all of you CS people out there who have done your homework on this situation and informed the rest of us.

Shawnna said:
I have read the holysh thread. And, it may be fact to the ones involved...who have personal involvement...but to me it is gossip because I do not know any of you personally and so therefore all I know is he said she said and that is gossip. The whole thing has gotten out of control. This is not the place for it. Thank you for attacking me for my personal opinion. Obiviously only a few on here are entitled to their opinion. Once again Greg. Please delete all of these threads. If we were not personally involved then we cannot form a real opinion based on facts.

I admit, I have struggled with the whole "gossip/he said/she said" possibilities of this thread. Is revealing discrepancies within someone's OWN words gossip? Gossip is said behind someone's back and based on un-truths. Darby is well aware of this thread and has chosen to respond to a few questions but when people really started picking apart the inconsistencies, she disappeared.

"He said/she said" is when you have two people give completely different versions of the same story. Here we have the words documented and everyone can read them themselves and form their own opinion. Any "she said"s are using Darby's OWN words to reveal the lies.

I've been watching this thread since almost the very beginnning. Someone please refresh my memory but the only person that I remember being attacked for stating their opinion is Paige for the INCREDIBLY horrible and callus reference to 9/11.

If this thread bothers you then don't read it (and I say that matter-of-factly, not with malice). There are threads on CS that cover topics that I don't need or want to read so I skip them and read the ones that pertain to what I need. Asking Greg to delete this is not the answer. If nothing else, this thread serves to make everyone aware that even though we are all connected by our love of PC we really don't know each other and need to have caution when dealing with other cheffers (especially anything dealing with money).

Someone said earlier something about not really knowing anyone, including our spouses, baby sitters, etc. That is SO much different than this situation. I see my husband face to face every day, I see my baby sitter face to face every day (okay...it's my daughter but still). In cyber space we can be anyone we want, I could post an avitar of some tall, skinny, blond and that would be the picture you would have of me when I post. (How disappointed you'd be when you see me at conference as a short, petite but not skinny, burnette.)

I, also, don't believe that "unless you were personally involved you can't form an opinion based on fact". Those of us that have formed opinions regarding whether or not Darby has lied and scammed cheffers have not formed them based on what someone else said she said. We have read her ACTUAL words, looked at the ACTUAL check she posted.

Last edited:
Whew! Kinda scared to step in here b/c I never knew about this thread until is was mentioned someplace else.

Perhaps the lesson learned here is that if we are going to ever help someone out monetarily again it needs to go through a director or an Executive Director rather than sending money straigt up to a consultant.

I belong to a very supportive trucking family support group website and a few years ago a lady came on there who told us that her son had leukemia and she would share all this stuff about how he was doing and this and that, being real detailed. Even had us mailing cards b/c he and a friend were having a contest as to who could get the most. She built up our trust in her. Pretty soon a kind hearted person thought it'd be great to send money and people started sending money to help with what I can't remember. I never sent money, I just can't do that financially.

It was quickly learned that this person was frequenting other websites giving the same sob stories. This lady ended up not even having a son. She was barred from the site and now donations are not something the site ever gets involved with.

Just wanted to add that little bit (as if there's not enough reading on this thread already LOL).

Kris

I am just in total shock. I had no idea any of this was going on until my Director pointed it out! I feel so bad to those who contributed (to find out you had been scammed) if that in fact is true! Which sounds very likely you did.I was almost ready to help her out too but wanted to wait to see if HO would resolve it first! I cannot believe anyone of us CSer's would do that to us! I feel closer to this virtual cluster than my own hospitality and out of town cluster! It saddens me to think someone would go to those lengths to deceive people who trusted them! Shame, shame on them! Sorry this all had to happen! IT just stinks! I hope HO resolves it completely and justice is served!

ihavethetools said:
Perhaps the lesson learned here is that if we are going to ever help someone out monetarily again it needs to go through a director or an Executive Director rather than sending money straigt up to a consultant.

Kris

Kris, That's a great idea! I'd hate to see one scammer hurt the others on here that might in the future TRULY need our help.

I don't want this one circumstance to make us all so jaded that we don't ever trust anyone on CS again. Proceeding with caution and using common sense is going to need to be the rule of thumb though.

If anyone is reading this that donated money to Darby's "cause" and hasn't PM'd me the amout please do so. I have PM'd everyone on the Holy Sh** thread and will post a total when I get one.

PLEASE PM ME IF YOU DONATED TO DARBY! $ AMOUNT AND PAYPAL or MAIL!

Please keep us posted on what HO says about this etc. Still just totally shocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

gilliandanielle said:
If anyone is reading this that donated money to Darby's "cause" and hasn't PM'd me the amout please do so. I have PM'd everyone on the Holy Sh** thread and will post a total when I get one.

PLEASE PM ME IF YOU DONATED TO DARBY! $ AMOUNT AND PAYPAL or MAIL!

Sheesh!
I couldn't read all the posts on this thread, and I didn't read the other one as well.............BUT I did want to say thank you to Gillian. :D She & I had a transaction last month that went well. Took longer to arrive than either of us would have thought (she's in alaska, me virginia), but we maintained contact with each other. There is hope for all of us that we can conduct business WITH each other and it go well.

Good luck to all of you that are/were involved in this web!

I'm baaaaaaaack!Well, I took the time to read through all of the posts and I am sure I am about to make myself VERY unpopular. I am not going to go line by line, accusation by accusation, or "evidence" by "evidence" about this. I am only going to post about what I know. So there was an issue about a pitcher and it was resolved. Fine. I don't know how my donating to someone for whatever reason became anyone else's business.

First, to answer the question about why KG hasn't posted about this: He was completely turned off by this thread (and I apologize to him for posting this), but he feels that whether or not Darby was right or wrong, that no one deserves that kind of treatment. And he probably won't be on here for a while. I am glad that this wasn't deleted because, I would be confused about the hostility.

Second, HOW MANY TIMES HAVE WE ALL COMPLAINED ABOUT THE CSR's at HO? The lack of consistency? I have called numerous times in the same two day time frame and no one had that documented.

Third, so, what is to become of Darby, do we shun her now? Do we ignore her? What do we do? Or should we just stone her if she attends conference? What was to be accomplished by this? I'll tell you-- it is VERY possible that PC will ask Deb to close down this site because of all of the complaints. Then where will we be?

Fourth, Darby did not ask for help. I (and many others) offered it. If I was duped, fine. I would rather be duped than to find someone really needed help and I was too afraid to offer it (That was for you, Paige). And SO WHAT if Darby made errors with the details or whatever. The money went to a good cause. YOU donated the money for whatever reason. YOU chose to donate it. End of story. Why involve HO? Why are they responsible?

Fifth, have we moved from Darby to jump on Paige? She was exaggerating something to simply make a point. Freedom of speech, people. Paige never intended to upset anyone, but she has a point about people standing up for what they believed. Paige, I have NO problem for what you said about 9/11. And, YES, I feel And I feel that I can take that liberty because living in Jersey, I knew multiple people lost in the WTC. And if you don't believe me, I don't care. The moment we aren't able to say what we feel, well, we're no better than the enemy. And if what I said offends you, than feel free to "unfriend" me or whatever you want. Hell, I leave this site like KG.

Sixth, I frankly, find the fact the HO gives out such information FAR MORE offensive than anything Darby did or didn't do. I am SHOCKED that others aren't contacting HO about their privacy policy. This information should NEVER have been given out. If they were investigating they should have just taken the account of the incident and followed up, rather than share such details with some random caller. Sorry, but anyone could call and make up a story like this.

The only people who REALLY know what happened are Darby and HO, and honetly, I'm not so sure about HO these days--based on my own personal experiences.

And, don't anyone include me in any complaints to the HO. I am at peace with what has happened--a women's shelter got a donation.

Sorry this was so long, but there were 27 pages of posts to consider. And, if I am wrong about Darby, fine. I have friends from all walks of life, good and bad, so I am very comfortable with the company I choose to keep.

Anne,Glad you are back and I couldn't have said it better myself. I posted a few times at the beginning and got so disgusted with people jumping on the "kill Darby" bandwagon that I have tried my best not to come back and read any more posts. However, when I see that someone I respect has posted, I have to read what they said. That being said, I do not think that anyone has a right to smash anyone else unless they have been harmed by that person. So, unless you sent money to Darby (and I didn't), then you should not feel violated. I'm not saying you don't have a right, just what did she do to YOU? If you did send money to Darby, then you have something invested in this. Remember that she did not ask for our help. And as for money going to an upline instead of straight to a consultant, what good would that do? If you don't want to be "duped", don't give out your money!!!!!And lastly, I am scared at the amount of info that someone NOT in Darby's upline was able to get so much info about her! What should have happened is that the discrepancies were reported and that HO would take care of it. I don't want to have someone out there ruining PC's name (not saying that Darby did...I have nothing invested and therefore made no judgement after my last post in this thread) because that hurts my business as well as all the other honest PC consultants out there. THAT IS WHAT HO DOES!!!!! They protect us, not give out cannon fodder. Okay, I have said my piece and hopefully won't come back to this thread as it makes me ill to read it.

My mind has melted from reading this thread. I think this is a "fair" reminder and call back to reality that this is an open community and will stay open. This whole thing really is a shame because 99.99% of the community is beyond fantastic and we shouldn't let a "possible" mishap skew our perceptions. I am with AJPratt with being confused why PC has anything to do with this matter. And AJPratt, PC can never shut ChefSuccess down, we are a private independant entity with no connections to Pampered Chef. Everything is in my name. Anyway, lets put this all behind us and move on. If in the future any empirical and conclusive evidence is found that darby scammed people, here proper actions will be taken. Until then relax, have fun and remember that "no one knows your a dog on the internet". Matter closed. Concerns can be expressed to me via PM.

Last edited:
Okay, in light of the events of this thread I feel like I must quit "lurking" (although that is not what I have been doing) and add my say to this topic. First off, since I was the initial person to step up to offer the "Help Darby Campaign" I feel it is my place to sincerely apologize to all the others that were innocently dragged into this whole ordeal. I would like to add that I didn't interact with Darby any more than the rest of you....and a lot less than some of you. That being said, I also would like to let you know that I will not allow this distasteful experience sway me from future "random acts of kindness". I will however not openly recruit others to jump on board with me. Rest assured I will do A LOT more homework too before I act. Once again I humbly apologize to all others.

I have to commend Elaine for bravely standing her ground when others poo-pooed her idea. It is a very lonely feeling being the only one willing to stick out your neck (believe me I have been there myself). I do have to agree with Anne Pratt though on the confidentiality issues with HO. I also wanted to post my PM that I sent to Gillian. If I have offended some of you, that is not my intention...but I guess you can add me to your "ignore list" if you so choose. I hope that we can all resume back to "normal" here sometime and see this as it was. Thanks for reading.

MY PM to Gillian:
I sent Darby $10 through PP and when she said she got things straightened out with HO and "felt she needed to return the money" I just waited. I didn't request the $ back nor did I ask her to donate it. I feel that the right thing to do (IMO) would have been to send the $ back to the people that sent it NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAID and let them donated to whomever themselves (IF they choose to do so). Is that my fault for not speaking up? Absolutely! I am by no stretch of the imagination "well off" but I blow more money at yard sales (my version of therapy LOL) That is why I figured I would just see what she did on her own. I am not passing judgement on anyone involved in this whole thing. I would just like to be totally informed.

Anne,
Good for you! I have been reading all of this and it has actually been disheartening to read all of the accusations everyone has made. After reading this last night, I went back to the "original thread" and cut and pasted EVERY post by Darby into a word doc just so I could read how everything seemed to play out. I didn't see any glaring discrepancies. Like Anne said, I can totally see how HO may not have record of all of her phone calls. I don't think there is any way Darby could have made up that whole story and keep it going for so long. She also filed a police report. She had a show for the officer and his wife (yes, your sales can easily double within a few days with a really motivated host, mine just did this week) Again, forgive me Anne, but like she said, it was a fellow cheffer who OFFERED to donate money to Darby. She never even hinted at wanting money from any of us. If you chose to donate the money, you did it to help her out. After it was resolved by HO, she said she donated the money to the shelter. Yes, it is obvious by the back of that check that it is inconsistent with her story. Maybe she neglected to make the donation. It sounded also like she had a huge problem with her account info being stolen (BTW, this was also mentioned in another of Darby's posts prior to this in a completely unrelated thread) Maybe it just slipped her mind or she hadn't gotten around to it yet. Or maybe she used the money to help clear up some of the problems she's had as a result of all of this. I don't know.
She stepped up and came clean about neglecting to pay for the pitcher and then promptly paid it. Then she felt she had to defend what had happened on the other post. Put yourself in her shoes. She felt it necessary to prove that she had made that donation. If this had happened to any of you, would you then make a post admitting that you still had everyones donations? This thread would have continued to persecute her regardless of what she said. No-one was willing to hear what she was trying to say. Wether she donated the money or not is a non-issue, you made a donation to help her. What she chose to do with those funds was up to her. If you wanted the money back, you should have PM'd or emailed her and asked her personally for your money back.
I also feel that HO should not be involved in this "scam". They have absolutely no control over what is being posted and what we choose to do about that. If we make a huge issue of being scammed on an online forum, what do you think they will say?
I'm sure we can all be certain that Darby will never again be on this forum. I am also unsure of my own participation on here. When I joined nearly a year ago, I loved this place because it was so upbeat and everyone was so willing to help everyone out! Lately, it seems like every time someone posts any kind of negativity, many others jump on the bandwagon and start complaining right along with them. This accomplishes nothing. If you want an example, simply do a search for FedEx and you will get many examples. I'm so sorry this has escalated to this. I would love to hear from anyone else who would like to express support or compassion for Darby.

thanks Greg for letting me get this in.

My mind has melted from reading this thread. I think this is a "fair" reminder and call back to reality that this is an open community and will stay open. This whole thing really is a shame because 99.99% of the community is beyond fantastic and we shouldn't let a "possible" mishap skew our perceptions. I am with AJPratt with being confused why PC has anything to do with this matter. And AJPratt, PC can never shut ChefSuccess down, we are a private independant entity with no connections to Pampered Chef. Everything is in my name. Anyway, lets put this all behind us and move on. If in the future any empirical and conclusive evidence is found that darby scammed people, here proper actions will be taken. Until then relax, have fun and remember that "no one knows your a dog on the internet". Matter closed. Concerns can be expressed to me via PM.

<h2>1. What are my options if a cheffer refuses to pay for an item I sold them?</h2><p>If a cheffer has not paid for an item you sold them, your first step should be to reach out to them through email or private message to remind them of the payment and ask for an update. If they still do not respond or refuse to pay, you can escalate the issue to your manager or the customer service team at Pampered Chef for further assistance.</p><h2>2. What should I do if a cheffer is not responding to my emails regarding non-payment?</h2><p>If a cheffer is not responding to your emails regarding non-payment, you can try reaching out to them through a different method such as a phone call or a private message on a different platform. If they still do not respond, you can escalate the issue to your manager or the customer service team at Pampered Chef for further assistance.</p><h2>3. Can I take legal action against a cheffer who refuses to pay?</h2><p>If all attempts to reach a resolution with the cheffer have been unsuccessful, you may consider taking legal action. However, it is always best to try to resolve the issue through communication first and only pursue legal action as a last resort.</p><h2>4. How does Pampered Chef handle non-payment issues between cheffers?</h2><p>Pampered Chef takes non-payment issues seriously and has a dedicated customer service team to assist with resolving these types of issues. They may reach out to both parties involved to gather more information and help mediate a resolution.</p><h2>5. What should I do if the cheffer who has not paid is a prominent poster in the community?</h2><p>If the cheffer who has not paid is a prominent poster in the community, it may be beneficial to reach out to them privately first before escalating the issue. They may have a valid reason for not paying and it is always best to try to resolve the issue through communication before involving others or taking legal action.</p>

1. What are my options if a cheffer refuses to pay for an item I sold them?

If a cheffer has not paid for an item you sold them, your first step should be to reach out to them through email or private message to remind them of the payment and ask for an update. If they still do not respond or refuse to pay, you can escalate the issue to your manager or the customer service team at Pampered Chef for further assistance.

2. What should I do if a cheffer is not responding to my emails regarding non-payment?

If a cheffer is not responding to your emails regarding non-payment, you can try reaching out to them through a different method such as a phone call or a private message on a different platform. If they still do not respond, you can escalate the issue to your manager or the customer service team at Pampered Chef for further assistance.

3. Can I take legal action against a cheffer who refuses to pay?

If all attempts to reach a resolution with the cheffer have been unsuccessful, you may consider taking legal action. However, it is always best to try to resolve the issue through communication first and only pursue legal action as a last resort.

4. How does Pampered Chef handle non-payment issues between cheffers?

Pampered Chef takes non-payment issues seriously and has a dedicated customer service team to assist with resolving these types of issues. They may reach out to both parties involved to gather more information and help mediate a resolution.

5. What should I do if the cheffer who has not paid is a prominent poster in the community?

If the cheffer who has not paid is a prominent poster in the community, it may be beneficial to reach out to them privately first before escalating the issue. They may have a valid reason for not paying and it is always best to try to resolve the issue through communication before involving others or taking legal action.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
finley1991
  • RMDave
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Jen1409
  • lisasfuncooking
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies