• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Non-Payment: What to Do When a Cheffer Refuses to Answer?

In summary, there is a discussion about a cheffer not paying for an item and not responding to messages. Some members suggest giving her the benefit of the doubt, while others suggest warning others about her. One member mentions a similar situation with another cheffer who has scammed multiple people. The moderator is notified, but the post is not taken down and some members feel guilty for not calling the cheffer out. The conversation shifts to discussing how some people can be deceitful and make "friends" but not respond when questioned. The idea of letting HO (Home Office) know is suggested. Some members are curious about what is going on.
luvs2sellit said:
So is the Holy **** thread gone?? Can't find it.

No, it's still there, under the Customer Care & Service forum.

pamperedbecky said:
I am actually surprised this thread hasn't been removed yet (because it is such a downer),

I was thinking the same thing...

luvs2sellit said:
So is the Holy shit thread gone?? Can't find it.

You have to look up Darby Gates under the consultants tab, then click the "threads started by this consultant".

Before yesterday you could find it under search....now you can't. I'm waiting for her to delete the entire thread.

I hate to admit this cause it sounds like I have too much time on my hands :eek: but.....last week when trying to sort this all out for myself I cut and pasted every post she made under that thread. So if it disappears.....

I can't believe I have spent almost 1.5 hrs sitting here reading all the posts on both threads. My eyes hurt. lol.
Going back to the original thread (Holy ****) I think it is weird that a fed ex guy would write a letter saying " here is your package right where we said we would leave it" Where was he supposed to leave this show package??? Under a lawn chair. lol. Since when does a fed ex guy have time to write a note. lol. I will stop. Just trying to get involved when I don't need to.
Sorry so many people were taken. Chalk it up to a lesson learned. So sad that people like this make us suspicious of people asking for help.

Another oddityFound another odd thing....if you go to CC and use host lookup. Darby has submitted a show a month for Nov, Dec, and Jan with herself as host. Why would you do that? To stay active since you don't have any other shows?

If I have phone orders I always add them to an open show or put together as a catalog show and use the name of the customer with the largest order as the host.

GeorgiaPeach said:
Found another odd thing....if you go to CC and use host lookup. Darby has submitted a show a month for Nov, Dec, and Jan with herself as host. Why would you do that? To stay active since you don't have any other shows?

If I have phone orders I always add them to an open show or put together as a catalog show and use the name of the customer with the largest order as the host.

Some people will put a bunch of orders together as a show and put their names down as host so they can receive the host special. Maybe just an idea.

wow I do remember the Holy sh** thread and I was not sending money as I dont really know anyone yet and I just dont send money to people I dont know really really well besides that I wasnt going to post but couldnt help it I thought that thread was fishy but being new i was not saying a word. I think its wrong to take advantage of so many people who were trying to be great friends and help out someone they thought they could trust. thats all im going to say.
Terra

GeorgiaPeach said:
Found another odd thing....if you go to CC and use host lookup. Darby has submitted a show a month for Nov, Dec, and Jan with herself as host. Why would you do that? To stay active since you don't have any other shows?

Actually, I've done that...it is legit. If I collect a bunch of orders, sometimes, I just click on the "consultant as host" box in PP. Then I can get the host benefits and host special (but don't earn commission on the discounted items). I figure if the option is there in PP, then it's fine, right? (And it's usually because I have no open shows to add them to:rolleyes: )

Haha, I just checked and I have 6 of them from last year! I remember one was from a vendor fair I did and collected a bunch of orders....who would I have chosen to "host" that one?:)

I've been at this thread for 4 hours...think YOUR eyes hurt....LOL...

Well, I went back and read the beginning thread to this whole thing, and I copied some of it and sent it to the Home Office, and in the process noticed that her tagline in her signature is "Independent Representative" How odd is THAT?

We are Independent Consultants.......not Reps, that is a whole other ball game....

Gosh, do you think I'm really upset? Well, going back to the other thread I found myself tearing up over the wonderful people that put out a hand to help her back up. Without hesitation AT ALL...everyone stepped up to the plate.....

AND I KNOW that the HO wouldn't just say it wasn't their responsibility. NEVER, this company is built around Customer Service to both hosts, guests and consultants. They would NEVER just say "too bad" NEVER.....

My point in this long reply is to the ones that donated:

No matter HOW this all turns out, YOU all showed the true meaning of being a Pampered Chef Consultant and a Cheffer.....you all lended a hand WITHOUT hesitation, you all thought of someone else before anything. You where all willing to pitch in to make things RIGHT......

And for you NEWBIES reading all this crazyness, take the fine points......these people here are THE BEST....HELP is at your fingertips, don't let ONE BAD APPLE spoil it for you.......

Terra,
TerraOB83 said:
wow I do remember the Holy sh** thread and I was not sending money as I dont really know anyone yet and I just dont send money to people I dont know really really well besides that I wasnt going to post but couldnt help it I thought that thread was fishy but being new i was not saying a word. I think its wrong to take advantage of so many people who were trying to be great friends and help out someone they thought they could trust. thats all im going to say.
Terra

Don't lose faith in this site. Everyone here has been great and I've been here for a year. I found this site by chance and I have given it to every consultant I know. I find sooooo many good ideas here, if I have a question, I get the answers, if I find something I share immediatley. These folks are GOOD at what they do and they SHARE it, very rare for people in business....AND they are creative. They share their Newsletter that take them HOURS to create......

It is a FANTASTIC business tool. AND the folks that run this site are just as fantastic, they too believe in PC and the preservation of what PC stands for......

So being new, you will learn learn learn from here....

This is RARE....

Enjoy this site,

Kelley Sells said:
think YOUR eyes hurt....LOL...

Ha ha...I just had to take out my contacts!! I'm not used to spending this much time in front of a computer :) Glad it's a Saturday and not much going on in Macon ;)

cooking.with.ann said:
I actually agree it that it should be taken down, because I'm afraid that the account actually belongs to an innocent third party....

Ann

Looks like the original post of the copy of the check has been removed, but Ann's quote with the picture of the check and letter are still up for all to see.

Or are MY eyes too tired???

Oh I know and I wont be saying goodbye lol I also found this site by searching and I am very glad that all I had to do was pay $5 for all the wonderful and helpful information that I have been getting. Things happen everywhere lol so im not planning on leaving over this. I just felt that the people who sent her money were great for wanting to help her out when they thought she needed it.

cat said:
Looks like the original post of the copy of the check has been removed, but Ann's quote with the picture of the check and letter are still up for all to see.

Or are MY eyes too tired???
I printed it out and I know that Elaine has it to and is sending it into HO. I feel like we need to figure this out so we know what we are dealing with next time and can warn others...

cat said:
Looks like the original post of the copy of the check has been removed, but Ann's quote with the picture of the check and letter are still up for all to see.Or are MY eyes too tired???
It looks like several of her posts are missing, but like so many of you, I downloaded the check, too. I just wanted to make sure a copy survived if all the PCs suddenly got struck with a virus tonight!God bless, and good night!

Last edited:
GeorgiaPeach said:
Ha ha...I just had to take out my contacts!! I'm not used to spending this much time in front of a computer :) Glad it's a Saturday and not much going on in Macon ;)

I had to laugh at this one......is ther EVER much going on in Macon?:p Sorry, I couldn't resist! Actually, I lived with my grandparent's in Marshallville (little itty bitty town @ 30 miles south of Macon) when I was in my teens and 20's.....we'd have to go to Macon on the weekends to party.....ever heard of Flamin' Sallies? Wayyyyyy too much fun in those days!:D

cooking.with.ann said:
It looks like several of her posts are missing, but like so many of you, I downloaded the check, too. I just wanted to make sure a copy survived if all the PCs suddenly got struck with a virus tonight!

God bless, and good night!
I've got a copy as well.............

Hi ToryLOL....I just crack me up....

I know we'd all like to have a sense of security back, but if we add our consultant's number to our signature, what's to keep someone from making up a number? We have no way of verifying if a number is authentic! Anyone have any ideas on this?

I don't really get what putting the consultant number in your signature does...

Darby had a legitimate number in her signature and we still all got screwed.

pamperedlinda said:
I had to laugh at this one......is ther EVER much going on in Macon?:p Sorry, I couldn't resist!

Hey...we are the Cherry Blossom Capital of the World...or something like that! We actually have excitement for the two weeks of the Cherry Blossom festival. Of course, I lived in Louisville, KY for 17 yrs so NOTHING compares to the frenzy that surrounds the Derby!!

Elaine Happy Birthday. I give all of you alot of credit for looking into and opening our eyes to the suspicous activity.
It started because of my non-pymt of the pink QSP. This was my 1st time (and last time) selling something on Chef, figures I would have the headache!!! It really exploded from there, WITH GOOD REASON!
I was very suspicious of the reversed paypal so I will have to call paypal on Monday and find out if it was authorized by her or if it was because of NSF
(I was not charged a returned fee). Darby did explain her "stolen money" from her bank acct. But reading all of this, is the bank acct story a lie????

Just to put a thought in everyone's mind, if people start complaining to HO about comments read on Chef, I would not be surprised if they ban the use of chat rooms. If you have facts, by all means give them to HO and let them deal with this issue. They will ban her from being a consultant, make her pay back the money owed and turn the issue over to the authorities if there is fraud.

pamperdawn said:
Just to put a thought in everyone's mind, if people start complaining to HO about comments read on Chef, I would not be surprised if they ban the use of chat rooms. If you have facts, by all means give them to HO and let them deal with this issue. They will ban her from being a consultant, make her pay back the money owed and turn the issue over to the authorities if there is fraud.

I worried about that for a minute too. But I don't think they have the power to stop us from using a chat room. Free speech and all...

I think this was a very isolated incident and has nothing to do with the chat room in general. One rotten apple should affect us all! If we do get banned I will still e-mail y'all everyday, LOL!

Oh my goodness, what would we do with all of our time? My husband wouldn't know what to do with me when I'm not on the computer! LOL!

Oh no!!! I have to have my CS fix every day!! Even if I don't always post, I usually check in just to see what is up!! I actually heard that Directors are told to discourage their team from being on here. They say we could be getting a lot more work done if we weren't sitting around chatting. Sure it's not all about PC, but I don't think I could make it without you all :eek:

Just thought
gilliandanielle said:
I don't really get what putting the consultant number in your signature does...

Darby had a legitimate number in her signature and we still all got screwed.

At the time, it would be a good thing, but then again in MY mind of minds:)confused: ) I didn't think of the making up a number thing....and I didn't see a number in her signature at all, just a phone number......

Sorry, my niave....LOL.....

Have any of you noticed that the times on these posts are all screwed up? What is with that???????? I wonder if there is something Greg can do to fix it....it is very confusing!

pamperdawn said:
It started because of my non-pymt of the pink QSP. This was my 1st time (and last time) selling something on Chef, figures I would have the headache!!! It really exploded from there, WITH GOOD REASON!

One of the first times I bought something from a Cheffer, I got nothing for the money I paid. BUT I've had many many many wonderful transactions after that and I've met many great people on this board. So even though I originally had a bad taste in my mouth from the first scam, it was the ONLY bad experience I've had. So I'm still here...still glued to this forum even though I should be in bed...but that's another story!:)

Kelley Sells said:
At the time, it would be a good thing, but then again in MY mind of minds:)confused: ) I didn't think of the making up a number thing....and I didn't see a number in her signature at all, just a phone number......

Sorry, my niave....LOL.....
I misspoke (typed) when I said it was in her siggy... I thought it was but now that I check it isn't. I still don't feel any safer...

pamperdawn said:
Elaine Happy Birthday. I give all of you alot of credit for looking into and opening our eyes to the suspicous activity.
I was very suspicious of the reversed paypal so I will have to call paypal on Monday and find out if it was authorized by her or if it was because of NSF
(I was not charged a returned fee). Darby did explain her "stolen money" from her bank acct. But reading all of this, is the bank acct story a lie????

No, I don't think so. I told Rich from Legal that we need a nuetral place like CS to vent and share without the PC Police hanging over our heads. They understood. I think he said it wouldn't be feasible. Would Cheffer's realy share the way we need? All will be fine when we slow down and get back to a normal trusting relationship w/PC.

Her PWS is listed in her signature though, which leads to her consultant number...

Darby Gates, Independent Consultant #500837

gilliandanielle said:
Her PWS is listed in her signature though, which leads to her consultant number...

Darby Gates, Independent Consultant #500837
So, with that high of a number I don't think she's been a consultant for a very long time.....maybe?

Ok I know this has nothing to do with the thread but how are you feeling Gillian? sorry I was going to ask earlier than got side tracked lol

pamperedlinda said:
So, with that high of a number I don't think she's been a consultant for a very long time.....maybe?

If they go in order she hasn't, mine is 495803 & my SS1 was September

pamperedlinda said:

My number is 510188 and last month was my 1st month if that helps

Chefgirl2 said:
No, I don't think so. I told Rich from Legal that we need a nuetral place like CS to vent and share without the PC Police hanging over our heads. They understood. I think he said it wouldn't be feasible. Would Cheffer's realy share the way we need? All will be fine when we slow down and get back to a normal trusting relationship w/PC.

My understanding, from a fellow PC'r, is they did this to another DS company.

ChefSteph06 said:
If they go in order she hasn't, mine is 495803 & my SS1 was September
wow....she's newer than I thought!

I have a 499XXX that signed 9/22 and a 501XXX that signed 10/04. Are we sure they go in order?

I signed in April of '05 and my number is 438XXX.

Last edited:
I signed Oct. 2005 and mine is 460422.

I signed in September of 2004 and my number is 417481.

rebeccastt said:
I signed Oct. 2005 and mine is 460422.
I signed on Oct 21st 2005 and my number is 463335. So I guess they do go in numerical order.

sort of related.....a few months ago I changed my cell phone carrier and my number....the new number they gave me ends in 3335....Just figured out the other day why it sounded "so familiar"....duh!

pamperedlinda said:
I signed on Oct 21st 2005 and my number is 463335.

sort of related.....a few months ago I changed my cell phone carrier and my number....the new number they gave me ends in 3335....Just figured out the other day why it sounded "so familiar"....duh!

That is really weird!!!!!!!

BTW, I signed Oct. 1st. :)

9/7/06 498xxx
9/22/06 499xxx
10/04/06 501xxx
11/9/06 505xxx
1/11/06 509xxx
1/22/07 509xxx

Gillian,
Are those all of your recruits?

gilliandanielle said:
I misspoke (typed) when I said it was in her siggy... I thought it was but now that I check it isn't. I still don't feel any safer...

She had her name, State and Phone number. PC clarified it many time to me because I couldn't believe I really happened to us.

OK I signed in 1999and I'm 145840. I'll be calling PC tomorrow to put a guard on my account...and we all know why...Thanks to Darby for the not so veiled threat...

Dinner was great! But poor DH just heard me vent. I think having me on CS all day..literally...was his real gift to me. When you all see him on the trip tell him how great he is...Whoohoo PB you rock!

PC and CS will be better off without the nastiness and negativity we have had lately. Keep a look out for similar vocabulary and odd suggestions until Greg has this completely secure. Who knows who is lurking.

Thanks for all of the B-Day wishes! Elaine

britishchef said:
I was going to buy a Cheffer shirt but I think I will hold off. The profits are supposed to go to RUFTH but how can I be sure?
Yes, this is a very scary thought that I never would have questioned before. Now I wonder too.....:confused: I didn't purchase a shirt, but I wonder if there is a way to check on that??

I signed 11/03 and mine is 375064 so I do guess they go in some kind of order..

Okay...here are my thoughts on this.

If Darby ordered a product and even though it may have took forever to pay for it, she did pay for it and that should be dropped.

I have not comment on the missing show other than I have had 2 shows left at someone elses home and had to look for them for days and got no help from HO or UPS. I did all the work myself to find my packages.

HO should never share anything about a consultant with other consultants. My bank won't even give my husband...who they know personally...a deposit slip when he takes money to my PC account and deposits it. He does not have access to checks or dep. slips. If I need him to he will go to the bank and say please put this into Shawnna's account. They mail me the dep. slip. I should not be able to have access to any personal information on any other consultant. If there is a problem, HO should do a conference call with all parties involved. Anyone can call and say I am having trouble with so and so consultant.

Everyone who has been offended by Darby in this situation has vented. Darby has given her side. Everyone is going to have their own opinion of this but there is no way of knowing what happened for sure because I was not involved in any of it...and neither was a lot of people on here. "He said" and
"she said" does not work for me. That is gossip. I am sorry if anyone has been mislead, but I have no way of knowing who is telling the truth. And, I will not put my consultant number on here or anywhere else. Our consultant number is our way of accessing information. If someone has your consultant number they could potentially do a lot of damage. I only give my consultant number to recruits who are signing the online agreement.

In my opinion this thread should be removed by Greg. This is not the place for bashing fellow consultants. Greg, please remove all of the threads that relate to this issue. Enough is enough. That is all I have to say on this issue.

Shawnna

<h2>1. What are my options if a cheffer refuses to pay for an item I sold them?</h2><p>If a cheffer has not paid for an item you sold them, your first step should be to reach out to them through email or private message to remind them of the payment and ask for an update. If they still do not respond or refuse to pay, you can escalate the issue to your manager or the customer service team at Pampered Chef for further assistance.</p><h2>2. What should I do if a cheffer is not responding to my emails regarding non-payment?</h2><p>If a cheffer is not responding to your emails regarding non-payment, you can try reaching out to them through a different method such as a phone call or a private message on a different platform. If they still do not respond, you can escalate the issue to your manager or the customer service team at Pampered Chef for further assistance.</p><h2>3. Can I take legal action against a cheffer who refuses to pay?</h2><p>If all attempts to reach a resolution with the cheffer have been unsuccessful, you may consider taking legal action. However, it is always best to try to resolve the issue through communication first and only pursue legal action as a last resort.</p><h2>4. How does Pampered Chef handle non-payment issues between cheffers?</h2><p>Pampered Chef takes non-payment issues seriously and has a dedicated customer service team to assist with resolving these types of issues. They may reach out to both parties involved to gather more information and help mediate a resolution.</p><h2>5. What should I do if the cheffer who has not paid is a prominent poster in the community?</h2><p>If the cheffer who has not paid is a prominent poster in the community, it may be beneficial to reach out to them privately first before escalating the issue. They may have a valid reason for not paying and it is always best to try to resolve the issue through communication before involving others or taking legal action.</p>

1. What are my options if a cheffer refuses to pay for an item I sold them?

If a cheffer has not paid for an item you sold them, your first step should be to reach out to them through email or private message to remind them of the payment and ask for an update. If they still do not respond or refuse to pay, you can escalate the issue to your manager or the customer service team at Pampered Chef for further assistance.

2. What should I do if a cheffer is not responding to my emails regarding non-payment?

If a cheffer is not responding to your emails regarding non-payment, you can try reaching out to them through a different method such as a phone call or a private message on a different platform. If they still do not respond, you can escalate the issue to your manager or the customer service team at Pampered Chef for further assistance.

3. Can I take legal action against a cheffer who refuses to pay?

If all attempts to reach a resolution with the cheffer have been unsuccessful, you may consider taking legal action. However, it is always best to try to resolve the issue through communication first and only pursue legal action as a last resort.

4. How does Pampered Chef handle non-payment issues between cheffers?

Pampered Chef takes non-payment issues seriously and has a dedicated customer service team to assist with resolving these types of issues. They may reach out to both parties involved to gather more information and help mediate a resolution.

5. What should I do if the cheffer who has not paid is a prominent poster in the community?

If the cheffer who has not paid is a prominent poster in the community, it may be beneficial to reach out to them privately first before escalating the issue. They may have a valid reason for not paying and it is always best to try to resolve the issue through communication before involving others or taking legal action.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
finley1991
  • RMDave
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Jen1409
  • PampMomof3
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies