• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Non-Payment: What to Do When a Cheffer Refuses to Answer?

In summary, there is a discussion about a cheffer not paying for an item and not responding to messages. Some members suggest giving her the benefit of the doubt, while others suggest warning others about her. One member mentions a similar situation with another cheffer who has scammed multiple people. The moderator is notified, but the post is not taken down and some members feel guilty for not calling the cheffer out. The conversation shifts to discussing how some people can be deceitful and make "friends" but not respond when questioned. The idea of letting HO (Home Office) know is suggested. Some members are curious about what is going on.
I really have to get to bed. It's almost 2 am. Man, it's so easy to get caught up! Good luck fellow sleuths!

We could sure use him to lighten the mood though.

Speaking of naughty parties...my step mom is having a passion party next saturday...I'm going...but how weird is that?? Seeing my aunts and stuff their...bad thought bad thought bad thought...At least its confidential ordering...I just hope I don't hear what they are going to order..lol

Who needs a movieWhen you've got US? LOL..Have a good Dinner Gillian.....:D

PamperedChefDebi said:
I really have to get to bed. It's almost 2 am. Man, it's so easy to get caught up! Good luck fellow sleuths!
Night night. Well see if you can hold out till your real a.m.;)

Have a good dinner Gillian...speaking of dinner I need to go and finish cooking! It's amazing how much time you can lose on this site!

Nikkiethat image will be burned in your retna's for LIFE....LOL.....bad bad bad....ROFL.....

nikkijo said:

Speaking of naughty parties...my step mom is having a passion party next saturday...I'm going...but how weird is that?? Seeing my aunts and stuff their...bad thought bad thought bad thought...At least its confidential ordering...I just hope I don't hear what they are going to order..lol
:eek: Close your eyes, cover your ears, think not my Auntie! Not my Auntie
rofl

nikkijo said:
Playing dective here...how did a scanner not get the check number (assuming name and info got cut off as well, but Darby did not mention that) when their is a design on top of the check that matches the bottom of the check. Does the number and name not go UNDER the design on the top??

Darby~ I hope you have fun at your "event" tonight. I hope that you decide to fess up and tell HO and us what really happened.

This finally has me concerned...i have been trying to think the best all along but now...not only would the # in the upper right corner be there...but the check # is also repeated on the bottom right in that long line of #'s - so that could not have been cut off by the scanner.

pamperedlinda said:
WOW......You know you've got a serious situation when KG won't even touch it! :eek: I keep expecting him and his smarta$$ self :rolleyes: (love you KG!) to pop in and lighten the mood..........................KG - where are you when we need you?! ;) :p :) (please don't tell me he's the alter-ego....that would be devastating!......)

There are a couple other cheffers that completely supported Darby that haven't checked in here...Harriet....Jason...Anne. I don't want this thread to die until everyone that supported her reads this and draws their own conclusion.

Remember Jason? He wanted us to get an attorney and contact the BBB. I was jumped when I said that was a bit drastic. That's what scared me about the HS thread....everyone was so supportive of her and ready to take up arms in her defense!

It's been said here a million times today....if you read something on CS that sounds fishy or just doesn't add up...call HO and check it out!

CA Mom,Nice meeting you....REBA....nice meeting you too, see ya at conference....I'm going to go look for some HELPFUL information .....LOL...oh, but I'll be BACK to catch up....ROFL....:p :p :p :p

Kelley Sells said:
When you've got US? LOL..Have a good Dinner Gillian.....:D
I know were afraid what we might miss. i guess we can check the post number so we know where to come back to if we can actually Get Off the Computer long enough to leave the House:D lmao

CAmomCookin4U said:
:eek: Close your eyes, cover your ears, think not my Auntie! Not my Auntie
rofl

LOL...AWESOME...:D :D :D

Kelley Sells said:
He KNOWS when to stay quiet.....LOL:D
Yeah....he's gonna get me back for that one I'm sure....when I least expect it!

Last edited:
nikkijo said:

Just remember....they will be watching you too....:eek:

Kelley Sells said:
When you've got US? LOL..Have a good Dinner Gillian.....:D

I was just thinking that I gave up watching soap operas years ago and after this thread dies, I might need to start watching again for a drama fix :D

GeorgiaPeach said:
I was just thinking that I gave up watching soap operas years ago and after this thread dies, I might need to start watching again for a drama fix :D
I am so with you on that one. I have seen no television in 16 hours:eek:
and we still didnt pick a movie yet to go see:eek:

LolTHIS is what CS is all about......

Actually, I think I'm going to leave this now (at least for the rest of the evening). Time to cook dinner, finish some laundry, and read my Jan Karon novel--something peaceful and uplifting after all of this!But I'll be back by Monday to see what the news is.Happy thoughts everyone. I'll be praying for all concerned.

CAmomCookin4U said:
I am so with you on that one. I have seen no television in 16 hours:eek:

My poor children came in here at 7 pm and wanted to know if I was fixing dinner :eek: I was so caught up in reading the new posts that I didn't realize the time!!

Kelley Sells said:
THIS is what CS is all about......
seriously and I thought all I would get is great chef advice/tips etc. lol

GeorgiaPeach said:
My poor children came in here at 7 pm and wanted to know if I was fixing dinner :eek: I was so caught up in reading the new posts that I didn't realize the time!!
well my dd (16 1/2) has been sitting next to me for three hours saying "there's a new message! or hit refresh rofl:D

CAmomCookin4U said:
well my dd (16 1/2) has been sitting next to me for three hours saying "there's a new message! or hit refresh rofl:D

My DD is 17 and spent some time over my shoulder today too :)

pamperedlinda said:
Just remember....they will be watching you too....:eek:

That means do NOT drink ANY wine under any circumstances...try to be as quiet and meet as possible. OMG I don't think that I have been quiet a day in my life :eek: If you had seen my bridal shower we are all going to learn to much about eachother! My bridesmaids thought it would be a good idea to have everyone contribute to a "honeymoon" basket. Did we get a lot of good laughs that day!

Dare I ask this...so what was in the "honeymoon basket".....LOL

I haven't been part of this but as I was reading (and yes it is like a soap opera), I was bothered by the fact that home office was giving out information about when shows were delivered. I understand why people are calling home office at this point but in the beginning I don't think home office should have given out specific dates about shows and shipments. I couldn't even pay our phone bill over the phone because it was in my boyfriends name....so why is the home office sharing info about us?

You know what REALLY bums me out about this whole situation/thread...many of us recruit a new consultant and immediately give them a link to chefsuccess.com so they can come and learn and enjoy...but ya know what? I don't want my new recruits reading this crap. I don't want them to think that THIS is what goes on with our company & fellow consultants...because it is NOT. But being new and reading this thread...it would have turned me off right away. I thin once this whole thing has been resolved, this thread should be pulled. It's just sad...so sad.

Kelley Sells said:
so what was in the "honeymoon basket".....LOL

hmmm...a nice picnic basket...some nipple lickums....big jar of vasoline that my sister had a LOT of fun with..masage oil..tickle feathers...that's just what i can think of off the top of my head,,i did not look at my mil the whole time i was opening any of this:eek:

mandak said:
I haven't been part of this but as I was reading (and yes it is like a soap opera), I was bothered by the fact that home office was giving out information about when shows were delivered. I understand why people are calling home office at this point but in the beginning I don't think home office should have given out specific dates about shows and shipments. I couldn't even pay our phone bill over the phone because it was in my boyfriends name....so why is the home office sharing info about us?

The HO does not give out our information under normal circumstances. This was an isolated incident. Elaine's original call was just to get the HO's stand on stolen shipments. Only after she was asked by HO what made her think they would do (what Darby said), did they look into Darby's actual account and give her the information.

I will admit that I called HO last night to see if they would tell me whether or not she actually submitted a show for $1454 in Feb. I was put on hold and then told that they could not share other consultant's information. The only exception I have found in the past is when I have called for my downline with a question. Their computers can show that I am connected to my downline and give me the info.

nikkijo said:
hmmm...a nice picnic basket...some nipple lickums....big jar of vasoline that my sister had a LOT of fun with..masage oil..tickle feathers...that's just what i can think of off the top of my head,,i did not look at my mil the whole time i was opening any of this:eek:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

nikkijo said:

BBAAAHHHH!! Nipple Lickums!! OMG!! Thanks my night is complete:D

Rennea~ Glad I could help you with that :) I do have to say it is very funny now that I think back on it!

Roflmao
nikkijo said:

That TOTALLY made the whole night....LOL...omg, it is 8:42? Oh, so much for the dusting and the laundry and the reorganizing my office....ARG....:eek:

dannyzmom said:
You know what REALLY bums me out about this whole situation/thread...many of us recruit a new consultant and immediately give them a link to chefsuccess.com so they can come and learn and enjoy...but ya know what? I don't want my new recruits reading this crap. I don't want them to think that THIS is what goes on with our company & fellow consultants...because it is NOT. But being new and reading this thread...it would have turned me off right away. I thin once this whole thing has been resolved, this thread should be pulled. It's just sad...so sad.

That is why I called the first time...

Off to dinner!

Holy cow! I hadn't checked in here today till about 40 minutes ago and found this...took that long to read all of the posts!!

Thankfully, I was not one who donated any $, so I am not out anything personally. But, this sure is a mess and I certainly feel very bad for all of you who are caught up in it!

I hope and pray that HO gets to the bottom of this. It really sucks if someone has deliberately scammed anyone on CS. I know on another board about a year ago someone's entire kit (which included quite a few products)fell out of the back of her pickup truck and her insurance would not cover it. I was actually one of the ladies heading up the process to help her out. I would have just been sick had I found out that it was all a scheme.

This is a wonderful forum for all of us to support one another and to help each other. I seriously hope that this doesn't change everyone's feelings towards one another. I know that this is an online community and we need to be careful, but remember that for the most part, everyone on here has good intentions. I think (like some others have said) this needs to be a call for us to be careful...

BTW, I do hope that when folks are applying to join that HO is contacted so that consultant numbers are verified. (Although, to be honest, I have no idea how many new members there are each day...not sure if that is even possible.)

I will be adding my consultant number to my sig line, though.

((((((((((((Prayers and hugs to all involved))))))))))))))))

KellyTheChef said:
Holy cow! I hadn't checked in here today till about 40 minutes ago and found this...took that long to read all of the posts!!

Thankfully, I was not one who donated any $, so I am not out anything personally. But, this sure is a mess and I certainly feel very bad for all of you who are caught up in it!

I hope and pray that HO gets to the bottom of this. It really sucks if someone has deliberately scammed anyone on CS. I know on another board about a year ago someone's entire kit (which included quite a few products)fell out of the back of her pickup truck and her insurance would not cover it. I was actually one of the ladies heading up the process to help her out. I would have just been sick had I found out that it was all a scheme.

This is a wonderful forum for all of us to support one another and to help each other. I seriously hope that this doesn't change everyone's feelings towards one another. I know that this is an online community and we need to be careful, but remember that for the most part, everyone on here has good intentions. I think (like some others have said) this needs to be a call for us to be careful...

BTW, I do hope that when folks are applying to join that HO is contacted so that consultant numbers are verified. (Although, to be honest, I have no idea how many new members there are each day...not sure if that is even possible.)

You can join without being a consultant - I did - I was at the time still deciding. I joined here 1/07 and didn't sign until 2/07.

janetupnorth said:
You can join without being a consultant - I did - I was at the time still deciding. I joined here 1/07 and didn't sign until 2/07.
Oops! Didn't know that! But now that you mention it, I can remember people posting questions who were considering becoming a PC consultant. Ugh. Crazy that sometimes one bad apple messes it up for so many.

I too
KellyTheChef said:

Have added my consultant number to my signature.....maybe everyone should?

Chefgirl2 said:
That is why I called the first time...

Off to dinner!

And I am so glad you did - and SO glad you got this all out in the open.
Now go enjoy your birthday dinner, Birthday Girl!!:D

dannyzmom said:
I agree soooooo much!

I have this site listed on my page of top 10 questions about becoming a consultant. Anyone who is interested in PC gets that flyer from me. I tell them that there is a great online community that they shoud check out, and then I list CS.

Thankfully, this is not something that commonly happens. I sincerely hope that if anyone is considering PC and reads this, that they will be able to see through all of the bull. And see that there are sooooooo many of us here only to help one another.

PC as a whole is known for how well we support each other so much better than other DS companies out there.

KellyTheChef said:
Oops! Didn't know that! But now that you mention it, I can remember people posting questions who were considering becoming a PC consultant. Ugh. Crazy that sometimes one bad apple messes it up for so many.

YUP - I was one of those - definitely!!!! CS actually helped me decide...and so far I'm glad for the decision I made.

BTW:

Happy Birthday Elaine and Amber!

Kelley Sells said:

Me too!

(It won't let me make a post under 10 characters long! What's up with that? :D What if I want to be a woman of few words??)

Kelley Sells said:

I already did...back on post #168 of this thread!

WowWell I have sit here and read EVERYTHING and I'm not really sure what to think. I did donate $10 out of the goodness of my heart, and didn't ask for it back.. Hadn't really thought about it. The last thing I think that I read in the HS thread was that someone said that the money should be given back, and then someone said no, to donate it. I didn't really think about it again, until tonight of course, reading all 11 pages of this thread. I dont know what to think, I guess that I want to think it is such a huge misunderstanding and that noone was taken advantage of... but I do know that in today's world, anything is possible. I do believe in karma, and those of us who donated... feel good about it, because we did it to be nice, to help someone and felt it was the right thing to do at the time. Now, if by chance we were dupped.. then karma is a wonderful thing and will come back to bite her in the butt. Just my opinion.. I have read everything and thought about all of it, there are alot of good points (good and bad) but I wont jump to conclusions.
If we were dupped, then apparently she felt that she needed the money more that we did. I dont want to think that is what happened at all. I have too much of a conscious for me to do anything like that.. If some people are wrong, and it was a HUGE misunderstanding, then a BIG apology is in order. I just hope that everything gets straightened out. I hope noone gives me a hard time. I just wanted to give my two cents and hopefully not hurt anyone's feelings. This is really a great site, and there are alot of wonderful people on here, and I know that if I came on here with a major problem, there would be tons of support. I thank you all for being so supportive and kind. Now I will step down and let someone else speak.. Hope everyone has a great weekend

AND realize
KellyTheChef said:
I agree soooooo much!

I have this site listed on my page of top 10 questions about becoming a consultant. Anyone who is interested in PC gets that flyer from me. I tell them that there is a great online community that they shoud check out, and then I list CS.

Thankfully, this is not something that commonly happens. I sincerely hope that if anyone is considering PC and reads this, that they will be able to see through all of the bull. And see that there are sooooooo many of us here only to help one another.

PC as a whole is known for how well we support each other so much better than other DS companies out there.

That this threads about those of us UPSET at the fact someone would KNOWINGLY hurt one of us.......THAT is the whole issue. That someone may be taking advantage of everyones KINDNESS on this board.....

It is Cheffers standing up for Cheffers.....PC IS an absolutley WONDERFUL company to work for, Chef Success is a gigantic source of wonderful ideas and helpful consultants that would drop everything to help one another, as seen by what started this all......you can learn a GREAT deal from this site....and know that working as a consultant for The Pampered Chef is truly a wonderful and rewarding experience.......

KellyTheChef said:
BTW:

Happy Birthday Elaine and Amber!
I second that!! Happy Birthday guys!! Elaine...WOW what a birthday for you. Hope you enjoyed dinner!:D

dannyzmom said:
Carolyn,
I agree! It's a SAD SAD situation and one that I have NEVER seen happen before. If there are potential consultants or new consultants out there who are reading this thread, I TRULY hope they see that this is a totally isolated incident and for them to know that this is NOT what most consultants are like.

I spent WAY too much time on here last night reading and re-reading threads-I had never read through the Holy Sh** thread (was up 'til 1 am for the 2nd night in a row:eek: ) but it's just so unbelievable. I appreciate Elaine's diligence in trying to get to the bottom of this and putting the word out so everybody knows the situation (and I suppose they can decide for themselves) because so many have been affected in the way of generously donating and sending good wishes, etc. It's totally disheartening to think that someone would go to such lengths to scam people. I'm heart-broken about it because I'm one of those naive ones who just naturally believe in the good of people, but I know that's not always the case. It's all very fishy and the "evidence" really does seem to be overwhelming.

I am actually surprised this thread hasn't been removed yet (because it is such a downer), but I do believe that everyone who has been so generous in helping out a fellow consultant needs to know what's going on. I'm sure more news will come on Monday. I hate to see the negativity too, but hopefully something good will come out of this for everyone. Sadly enough, it may be to not be as trustworthy as so many of us are.:( I hope that all of those affected get some resolution to this if that's what they want.

I do hope that the new consultants who read this thread don't focus on it much and read the HUNDREDS of other threads that are so amazing at providing information, feedback, recognition and support. This place is AWESOME and I don't know what I'd do without it!!:D

Last edited:
Kelley Sells said:
That this threads about those of us UPSET at the fact someone would KNOWINGLY hurt one of us.......THAT is the whole issue. That someone may be taking advantage of everyones KINDNESS on this board.....

It is Cheffers standing up for Cheffers.....PC IS an absolutley WONDERFUL company to work for, Chef Success is a gigantic source of wonderful ideas and helpful consultants that would drop everything to help one another, as seen by what started this all......you can learn a GREAT deal from this site....and know that working as a consultant for The Pampered Chef is truly a wonderful and rewarding experience.......

VERY TRUE VERY TRUE

So is the Holy **** thread gone?? Can't find it.

Wow. It took me about an hour to read all this!! I haven't been on all day. I just logged on to see what was happening. I looked over at my husband and said "Hey, you remember me telling you about that girl that everyone was sending money to for the lost order? The one I said when I read it, it sounded fishy?" He said yes he did. Then I told him about this and he said it sounded like I was right. I thought something wasn't right back when I read that first thread, so I wasn't about to send money (not that I really had any extra to send anyway). For those of you that did send it, you are great caring people. If it is never proved what has happened, just remember. There is always one who knows the truth. One day she will have to answer to Him.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
finley1991
  • RMDave
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Jen1409
  • lisasfuncooking
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies