• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Non-Payment: What to Do When a Cheffer Refuses to Answer?

In summary, there is a discussion about a cheffer not paying for an item and not responding to messages. Some members suggest giving her the benefit of the doubt, while others suggest warning others about her. One member mentions a similar situation with another cheffer who has scammed multiple people. The moderator is notified, but the post is not taken down and some members feel guilty for not calling the cheffer out. The conversation shifts to discussing how some people can be deceitful and make "friends" but not respond when questioned. The idea of letting HO (Home Office) know is suggested. Some members are curious about what is going on.
Im with Linda
pamperedlinda said:
:confused: :confused: I absolutly do not know what to think after reading and re-reading all of this! :confused: :confused:

I am a trusting and compassionate person and I do not want to believe that "one of us" took advantage of so many of us. At this point, I don't know WHAT or WHO to believe. Both sides have very compelling arguements. Part of me is trying to convince myself that all of this is a HUGE HUGE misunderstanding and another part of me is very hurt and pissed at the mere thought that someone would do something this. I hope that the truth does come out. I know that I gave $10 with the hope and belief that it would help someone in need; I am hoping that it is now helping an unfortunate person in a women's shelter have a better shot at happiness.

I too am torn beside sides, but IMO none of this should have come up. This thread was started to get payment; payment was sent, end of conversation.

I feel better seeing the check going to the women's shelter and am glad that Darby has proof of this.

I still feel like something is fishy that HO has no record of Darby's calls, especially since it would be in their best interest to prove that they would help other consultant's in this situation.

I don't feel like Elaine has any motive to make this up out of nowhere, and it sounds like HO is standing with Elaine. I haven't called HO yet obviously, but I am interested in hearing their point of view.

That was never the issue. You knew once I suggested to send it back that this had to be done. All anyone has to do is look up the inconsistancies.

The whole issue is you not calling PC, lying about FedEx and the HO. The clincher is you had your show delivered on the 9th according to the first time I called trying to figure out if the policy was changing. You were taking money without ever making a call.

I knew you would write the check after I called you out on it and I was slammed by a lot of people for giving you away out by having you return it w/ a thank you note. You had to. When HO called me they said you wouldn' return their calls I shared with them how you used God and really abused the friends you had made.

Give it up and join another DS group and get on their forum. I guess we should alert everyone.

EVERYONE Don't let this phase you. PC is taking care of everthing. Monday you can all see Holy Sh** for what it is.

thechefofnorthbend said:
I said I would post this. This is the letter that I received after the donation was made. There is also a copy of the canceled check. I'm sorry that I do not have the envelope that the letter came in. I must have thrown it away.

check001.jpg

letter.jpg

In reference to my calls to HO, I called and they called me back. I have had numerous conversations with those in customer service and consultant and director services. I returned every one of their calls, and they returned every one of mine. It has been resolved.

Curiously, the cancellation data on the back of the check shows a bank-run date of 1/30/2007--2 weeks prior to the date the check was written.

Curious.

I am the first to say I am interested in why HO has no record of my calls. I have record of all my calls, guess I will be posting that later on tonight.

I didnt know that anyone (besides your upline) could call and get information about any consultant. That to me is really interesting. Good to know in case I question someones motives, I could always call HO up and start my own investigation.

Okay, that was just spiteful, and I am sorry, but I am just a little flabergasted about this whole thing.

gilliandanielle said:
While this is totally possible- if you read the Holy S$%t thread Darby says she called HO many times and that her director was going to call. Would HO really have no record of that many calls?

That's what i thought was odd. I could see one call not being documented, but if it gets escalated I would think that it would be.

I like to believe everybody...it's just when you see some inconsistencies it makes you wonder. All that I have to say is I hope that everything works out in the end (if Darby did not have a package stolen and did not donate the money that HO will take appropriate measures) and that we can all go back to trusting one another. I know that when I found out I was pg in November everyone was there for me, when I had my m/c a week later everyone on here was there for me again.

Last edited:
I am actually glad that this thread was started or else people would still be in the dark.

No matter what happened either way this thread needed to happen for everyone to get their "side" out.

cooking.with.ann said:
Curiously, the cancellation data on the back of the check shows a bank-run date of 1/30/2007--2 weeks prior to the date the check was written.

Curious.
Wow I missed that but I too noticed that the check dated 2/12/7 has no check number. Or who it was from. & the Letter from the Shelter isn't even signed?:confused:

I must help here
thechefofnorthbend said:
Usually a box pops up each time you log on that says "you have a PM from so in so". Not all of the time does it pop up for me, so yes, there have been times I have been online and didnt respond to a PM because I dodnt know I had one, not because I choose to ignore it. Sometimes I just pop on quickly and then run off to do my things during the day and I am actually "still logged on" even though I am not sitting in front of my computer screen.

My settings are already set up to notify me. I have NEVER gotten a pop up box.:confused:

gilliandanielle said:
I feel better seeing the check going to the women's shelter and am glad that Darby has proof of this. ...............
I've been trying to think positively and did not want to contribute anyting negative to stir the pot, but I have to now..... I used to work in banking and one thing bothers me about this check. The bank stamp on the back is dated 01302007 (01/30/2007) in two places.....the second line from the top and in the smaller print under the RECEIVED stamp, the middle line 01302007D (01-30/2007 deposit). The back is upside down in the picture above so I printed it to get a better look. Most of the back is illegible, including the amount, but the date stands out in two places.

In my heart of hearts I wanted to believe that I was not duped....I'm really not so sure now.

gilliandanielle said:
I am actually glad that this thread was started or else people would still be in the dark.

No matter what happened either way this thread needed to happen for everyone to get their "side" out.

look closely at the "cancelled" check. In the bottom right hand corner (what would be the top left hand corner, if the check wasn't upside down) 2nd line, you can see the bank run-thru date.

now, how does that happen on a check that was written on Feb 12 or 13?

Also, almost EVERY organization signs their donation letters like that with SOME person or officer....

Darby you just put the nail in your own coffin!

Oh, what a tangled web...

cooking.with.ann said:

Curious.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that..

Chef Diane said:
My settings are already set up to notify me. I have NEVER gotten a pop up box.:confused:

Playing the techie...you may have popups from the site blocked with your Internet Explorer settings then...

CAmomCookin4U said:
Wow I missed that but I too noticed that the check dated 2/12/7 has no check number. Or who it was from. & the Letter from the Shelter isn't even signed?:confused:

I'm sorry, the chck number was cut off from my scanner (its quite old. Its one seperate from my printer). The check number is 2023. I am sorry the letter is not signed. I can call them in the morning (monday morning I guess) and find out who typed it up and sent it. I spoke to a Wendy when I dropped the check off at their office in town.

I'm sorry, but I have things I need to do around my house and have an event tonight I am going to so I wont be online, incase you needed to know.

not that Im taking sides, but....
janetupnorth said:
Playing the techie...you may have popups from the site blocked with your Internet Explorer settings then...

you do know that the bank Can cash a post dated check right? I had a check cashed once and called the bank on it and they told me if you right it can be cashed, no matter the date on it. Well I was out an extra $30 that day.

anyone heard of post dated checks? Just wondering!

I don't think you meant to quote me - I was just on to answer another person's question on popups on PM...please edit - thank you.

Chef Diane said:
you do know that the bank Can cash a post dated check right? I had a check cashed once and called the bank on it and they told me if you right it can be cashed, no matter the date on it. Well I was out an extra $30 that day.
Oh I'm confused:confused: Why would she postdate a check for something she didn't know was going to happen. Is that what you meant?:confused:

I don't get the post-date point either- can someone explain??

Chef Diane said:
Yes, a bank can cash a post-dated check....that's not the issue. The issue is that this check appears to have been deposited before the entire saga ever started.

Chef Diane said:

Yes banks can cash a post dated check, but how do they cash a check of cheffers donations on 1-30-07 when nobody donated until 2-8-7?

Ok, I'm not taking ANY sides, not wanting to be involved in this, but like many, have been reading...

Please advise Darby to take down the picture of that check now that people have seen it. I personally think there are too many lurkers that can get too much personal information (bank routing numbers, etc.) off the information she posted. I think we should give her that courtesy at least...

JMHO...

CAmomCookin4U said:
Oh I'm confused:confused: Why would she postdate a check for something she didn't know was going to happen. Is that what you meant?:confused:

I think what they are saying is that we can write any date we want on a check. Say if your rent is due on Mar. 1st but you don't write the check until the 5th, you can put Feb. 25th on the check and say that the post office must have lost it somewhere. Just because a check has the 12th on it doesn't necessarily mean that it was written and given on that date.

I never would have thought to read the little numbers on the back! It's hard to explain a January run date on a check when the money was donated by cheffers in Feb.

I was NOTgonna post, but have to......this is insane. Don't all JUMP UGLY at me, BUT, looking at the back side of that check, I'm seeing a marking for 01302007.....not sure why, then I"m seeing a couple other dates too, who knows....

Well, all aside, I think that we SHOULD be more careful, we do act as if we know each other, but in reality we are cyber buddies.

The FIRST clue was that the Paypal payment was REVERSED, THAT is way too odd!!!

AND I had read that Holy Sh&* post when it first happened and I like to think I'm a helpful human being, but I was NOT sending money as this sounded WAY TOO questionable for my liking....I can't see my Fedex guy going OUT of his way to place a shipment in another place, they drop it that is it.....they have a BUSY schedule. AND I can't see HO filling a total order for NOTHING....unless THEY are collecting the insurance from FEDEX......

Way too many open holes for me.....

Bless all of you that from your caring hearts sent that money to Darby, YOU all showed what a cheffer is all about, caring, helping, the way we ALL should be....yet there are the ones, lurking in the shadows, waiting to pray on kind folks......and THAT makes me mad....really JUMPING MAD....

So, I think maybe GREG should impliment that we NEED to put our consultant numbers maybe on our signatures? I thought that when we signed up here we had to supply a Consultant number am I right or senile? AND if someone has two identities on here, wouldn't they need TWO different Consultant numbers? And ARE those numbers verifyed with HO?

Yes, we need to watch out for each other.....and that is why I am writing. We need to find a way that we can identify ourselves that would enable ANYONE to call the HO and find out if we are "legal"......

I'm hoping the TRUTH WILL PREVAIL here and that IF this is what everyone is THINKING IT IS, that person will get what they deserve. If NOT, then that person will have a forgiving heart. Either way, through this all NOONE WINS....the damage has been done, we will all question each others intentions now.....

So, the resolve? The Admins to this sight may want to help us think of ideas to make this a more "restricted" site in one way or another if that is what we all want. Or we continue on just more cautiously.......

Either way, it SUCKS.......

Thanks for letting me vent, this place is one that I come too for ideas and help and guidance. And soooo many of you have been really kind to me and have helped me and given EXCELLANT ideas, hope, laughter and even tears....
But this, insane....

Playing dective here...how did a scanner not get the check number (assuming name and info got cut off as well, but Darby did not mention that) when their is a design on top of the check that matches the bottom of the check. Does the number and name not go UNDER the design on the top??

Darby~ I hope you have fun at your "event" tonight. I hope that you decide to fess up and tell HO and us what really happened.

Last edited:
janetupnorth said:
Ok, I'm not taking ANY sides, not wanting to be involved in this, but like many, have been reading...

Please advise Darby to take down the picture of that check now that people have seen it. I personally think there are too many lurkers that can get too much personal information (bank routing numbers, etc.) off the information she posted. I think we should give her that courtesy at least...

JMHO...
I personally don't think it should be taken down until all the information is out. With all the weird things about the documents I think it looks worse if it all of a sudden dissappears...

Speaking to bank rep nowMy 24 hr emergency bank rep, Josiah, says that each bank has a unique code stamp for their bank and branch. The number in question, and I am explaing to him where this number is and just sent him a scan of this check, he says should be preceeded by a seiers of numbers that start with 323. The same number sequince is above this again. The date stamp is listed below this but has a received stamp from the clerk on it dated 02/29/07.

The back of the check is upside down, because I put it on the scanner incorrectly, I guess.

nikkijo said:
Playing dective here...how did a scanner not get the check number (assuming name and info got cut off as well, but Darby did not mention that) when their is a design on top of the check that matches the bottom of the check. Does the number and name not go UNDER the design on the top??

Darby~ I hope you have fun at your "event" tonight. I hope that you decide to fess up and tell HO and us what really happened.
Wow good point The Design is intact how ODD:confused:

And the date wasn't cut off either.

So the shelter held onto the check for over 2 weeks (the 12th to the 29th) before cashing? But wrote the letter on the 26th?

I am really trying to believe all of this but it is getting so weird!

Also- all checks have numbers in the top right corner AND on the bottom after the routing numbers. It is missing in both places...

gilliandanielle said:
So the shelter held onto the check for over 2 weeks (the 12th to the 29th) before cashing? But wrote the letter on the 26th?

No the check was cashed 2 weeks before it was even written:rolleyes:

Darby...GIVE IT UP.....I was too busy writing and everyone ELSE saw it too....there is a date of 01302007 on the back of that check....How does THAT happen? When it belongs to another check.....that is how....

Just funny that all of a sudden your coming up with all this "proof" that I could drive and 18 wheeler through......

Just stop.....

gilliandanielle said:
Also- all checks have numbers in the top right corner AND on the bottom after the routing numbers. It is missing in both places...
Yeah I caught that two:(

Take it down?You think? Darby, you've been hit with fraudulent activity and then you post THIS for all to see? Well, hmm...THAT is even MORE food for thought......

nikkijo said:

The check number should also be MICR encoded on the right bottom of the check after the account number.

gilliandanielle said:

That is EXACTLY what I was about to say!!!

Oh poor Darby...I just can't wait to hear the next elaborate excuse...

gilliandanielle said:
I personally don't think it should be taken down until all the information is out. With all the weird things about the documents I think it looks worse if it all of a sudden dissappears...

I sent a copy to myself for safe keeping. Monday PC will have it.

As I look at the "documentation" I find another hole each time. Why is the personal information missing on the check (I would block it out too) but shown on the letter. Why would she block out her address on the check but post it on the letter??

Darby just sent this....
thechefofnorthbend said:
was due to an account that my DH and I had that was hacked into and the account was way overdrwan and our bank refused the payment. We had to close our account, reopen with a new bank in our new town and let the bank back home try and clear up the mess (online business account that someone got ahold of my card number, charges made, etc..)

i didnt feel the need to post this for everyone to see, but since you asked...

Well, you had NO problem posting "your" and I use THAT word loosely, checking account numbers......and WHY would your bank reverse a payment that YOU sent personally? They would ASK you about that and you would reply that you AUTHORIZED that payment right?

HOLES HOLES HOLES..your story....it's got as many holes in it as Bonnie and Clyde car....

Hmmm, and since my name also starts with a "D" I can't see anyway to decipher that first letter in the signature as a "D."

PamperedChefDebi said:
Hmmm, and since my name also starts with a "D" I can't see anyway to decipher that first letter in the signature as a "D."
Wow my DD (16) Noticed that too:cool:

The bank listed on the front of the check doesn't even have an address. I thought that was required?

gilliandanielle said:

Gillian - I personally have to testify that part is true of many non-profits. My hubby is a missionary at a Christian camp and if you write a check and it is received on the 16th of the month they will record it immediately that day, send a donation receipt out but not deposit it until the 1st of the month. Also, when I write them a check to pay my cell phone bill or if I do activities with the kids there and pay, my checks often take 3-4 weeks to clear...pain balancing my checkbook but they only do deposits 1 or 2 times a month.

Wow. What a way to end my birthday!

Well, the routing number on the check does belong to the bank listed and it is in Oregon.

britishchef said:
Wow. What a way to end my birthday!
Happy Birthday Amber:D :D :D

janetupnorth said:
Gillian - I personally have to testify that part is true of many non-profits. My hubby is a missionary at a Christian camp and if you write a check and it is received on the 16th of the month they will record it immediately that day, send a donation receipt out but not deposit it until the 1st of the month. Also, when I write them a check to pay my cell phone bill or if I do activities with the kids there and pay, my checks often take 3-4 weeks to clear...pain balancing my checkbook but they only do deposits 1 or 2 times a month.

Yes but this whole "my packages got stolen" and the check micr of a date of 1/30/2007 that date was BEFORE this all happened not AFTER....so that means that check was maybe donated in DECEMBER...LOL...that is even MORE HOLES.....

janetupnorth said:
I hang onto checks too for a while, but it is all small things that are starting to add up to something bigger, know what I mean??

gilliandanielle said:
I hang onto checks too for a while, but it is all small things that are starting to add up to something bigger, know what I mean??

I understand the other questions. ...just wanted to point that out so people don't question the poor non-profits out there who do this... :)

Hmmm....maybe these are starter checks? those don't have your name printed on them. BUT I think that if Darby had really written the check she would not have stated that the scanner didn't get the top of the check and that is why their is no number. I know that I would have gone and checked the check before I posted that excuse.

Plus even if these are starter checks that still does not explain how it was cashed on 1/30/7 when none of this happened until 2/8/7.

<h2>1. What are my options if a cheffer refuses to pay for an item I sold them?</h2><p>If a cheffer has not paid for an item you sold them, your first step should be to reach out to them through email or private message to remind them of the payment and ask for an update. If they still do not respond or refuse to pay, you can escalate the issue to your manager or the customer service team at Pampered Chef for further assistance.</p><h2>2. What should I do if a cheffer is not responding to my emails regarding non-payment?</h2><p>If a cheffer is not responding to your emails regarding non-payment, you can try reaching out to them through a different method such as a phone call or a private message on a different platform. If they still do not respond, you can escalate the issue to your manager or the customer service team at Pampered Chef for further assistance.</p><h2>3. Can I take legal action against a cheffer who refuses to pay?</h2><p>If all attempts to reach a resolution with the cheffer have been unsuccessful, you may consider taking legal action. However, it is always best to try to resolve the issue through communication first and only pursue legal action as a last resort.</p><h2>4. How does Pampered Chef handle non-payment issues between cheffers?</h2><p>Pampered Chef takes non-payment issues seriously and has a dedicated customer service team to assist with resolving these types of issues. They may reach out to both parties involved to gather more information and help mediate a resolution.</p><h2>5. What should I do if the cheffer who has not paid is a prominent poster in the community?</h2><p>If the cheffer who has not paid is a prominent poster in the community, it may be beneficial to reach out to them privately first before escalating the issue. They may have a valid reason for not paying and it is always best to try to resolve the issue through communication before involving others or taking legal action.</p>

1. What are my options if a cheffer refuses to pay for an item I sold them?

If a cheffer has not paid for an item you sold them, your first step should be to reach out to them through email or private message to remind them of the payment and ask for an update. If they still do not respond or refuse to pay, you can escalate the issue to your manager or the customer service team at Pampered Chef for further assistance.

2. What should I do if a cheffer is not responding to my emails regarding non-payment?

If a cheffer is not responding to your emails regarding non-payment, you can try reaching out to them through a different method such as a phone call or a private message on a different platform. If they still do not respond, you can escalate the issue to your manager or the customer service team at Pampered Chef for further assistance.

3. Can I take legal action against a cheffer who refuses to pay?

If all attempts to reach a resolution with the cheffer have been unsuccessful, you may consider taking legal action. However, it is always best to try to resolve the issue through communication first and only pursue legal action as a last resort.

4. How does Pampered Chef handle non-payment issues between cheffers?

Pampered Chef takes non-payment issues seriously and has a dedicated customer service team to assist with resolving these types of issues. They may reach out to both parties involved to gather more information and help mediate a resolution.

5. What should I do if the cheffer who has not paid is a prominent poster in the community?

If the cheffer who has not paid is a prominent poster in the community, it may be beneficial to reach out to them privately first before escalating the issue. They may have a valid reason for not paying and it is always best to try to resolve the issue through communication before involving others or taking legal action.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
finley1991
  • RMDave
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Jen1409
  • lisasfuncooking
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies