1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Fundraiser What would you call....

1. its_me_susan

its_me_susan Senior Member

a drawing where you have guests buy tickets ($2/each or 3 for $5), and the winner gets the total collected in a PC gift certificate?

I think I am going to offer this at all my shows too - doesn't it sound exciting???? Could end up with $50 or more free if several participate!

:)

Nov 10, 2005
  2. SCJenn

SCJenn

I think that sounds like an interesting idea. I'd like to hear what others have to say and if anyone has tried this before.

Jenn

Nov 10, 2005
  3. pchefinski

pchefinski Advanced Member

sounds sorta like a 50/50 raffle...

...but you're giving it ALL away to the winner.. so.. um, "winner takes all" raffle? how about that? hehe

Nov 10, 2005
  4. its_me_susan

And *I* get the sale (must use in this show).!!! So could boost the hostesses sales too. :)

Nov 10, 2005
  5. its_me_susan

Oh! LOL. Good name for it! :) Thanks I think I *will* use it!

Nov 10, 2005
  6. WendyAebi

WendyAebi Member

A word of caution--when I worked in fundraising, raffles were kind of dicey legally. I can't remember the details, because it's been 10+ years. (So things may have changed) I'm wracking my brain to try to remember whether the problem was winning cash (or the cash pot-equivalent in products) or the nature of the business/charity/individual doing the raffle. Please look into whether it is legal for you to do a raffle like this! I was in Texas at the time; it may vary from state to state or even counties or towns.

Nov 13, 2005
  7. paydaymom

paydaymom Member

Interesting, if anyone finds out about this let me know.

Nov 13, 2005
  8. WendyAebi

WendyAebi Member

I'm still poking around looking for details. I found some information about raffles in Knox County, Illinois, for example...

For raffles conducted in Knox County only, outside all incorporated city, town and village limits.

To be eligible for a raffle license in Knox County, you must be a bona fide charitable, educational, fraternal, labor, religious, or veterans organzation that operate without profit to their members and which have been in existence continuously for a period of five years or more.

Click here to download a Knox County raffle application. If you are a political organization click here for information on obtaining a State Board of Elections raffle application.

The fee is determined by the annual aggregate retail value of the prize(s) offered:

Annual Aggregate Retail Value of Prizes

Fee

Additional Fee for Multiple Licenses
    Chance
    Price
    Less than $100 $5.00 $1.00 $1.00
    $100 but less than $500 $15.00 $1.25 $5.00
    $500 but less than $1,000 $20.00 $2.00 $10.00
    $1,000 but less than $10,000 $25.00 $3.00 $30.00
    $10,000 or more $25.00 + $0.50
    per each $1,000 in excess of $10,000 $5.00 + $1.00 per each $1,000 in excess of $10,000 $100.00 + $10.00 per each $1,000 in excess of $10,000

The annual aggregate retail value of all prizes awarded in a single year shall not exceed $50,000 and the retail value of any one prize awarded in a single raffle shall not exceed $50,000.

Entities desiring to hold more than one raffle during a calendar year may apply for annual license; provided no more than 52 such raffles shall be held and no more than 1 raffle per week.

Raffle tickets may only be sold in Knox County.

Your raffle application must be completed in full before the license is issued. The presiding officer and a secretary or raffle manager of the organization must sign the license. The presiding officer must also sign the last page of the application to waive the required bond.

All organizations must abide by the rules and regulations set forth in the Knox County Code. Click here to download the rules and regulations.

source

Nov 13, 2005
  9. Wow. That definately sounds like an interesting idea!! Let us know how it goes!!

I'm gonna have to do some research too...I'd hate to get into trouble, especially when I really DIDN'T know better!!!

That does sound like a neat idea though!!

10. its_me_susan

The winner won $103 in the form of shopping spree to be concluded in the next day or two ~ in the fundraising "party" and I am giving 100% commission to the cause (she is a 7 yr old girl in my Brownie Troop with ovarian cancer). Since it was such a HIT (and very exciting) I plan to do some form of it with my larger parties. I will also look into it. Maybe just calling it a silent or tea cup "auction" is all we need. a HUGE success! Yea

Nov 14, 2005
  11. Chefie

Chefie

"The Pampered Pool"

I have done this before. I borrowed the idea from a partylite consultant. I call it the Pampered Pool. I have a sheet with 54 numbered squares. people can buy as many #'s as they want at $2 a piece. If the whole board is filled, that person wins $100 in free product. The extra go towards shipping and handling. If the board is not completed, then the the amount of the free product is adjusted accordingly. I usually have one of these in the host packet and the host can get squares even from people that choose not to order. I always do the drawing after everyone has ordered, so that it is a bonus to what they already ordered.

Attached Files:

Dec 7, 2005
  12. its_me_susan

I love this! Thank you for sharing!!!!

Have something to add?