• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Win Big with Our Ticket Drawing: $2 per Entry or 3 for $5 - Enter Now!

In summary, the conversation discusses a potential idea for a raffle at shows, where guests can buy tickets for a chance to win a PC gift certificate worth the total amount collected. Some concerns are raised about the legality of raffles and the conversation shifts to discussing the rules and regulations in Knox County, Illinois. The idea is generally well-received and the original poster plans to do more research on the legality of raffles before implementing the idea.
its_me_susan
a drawing where you have guests buy tickets ($2/each or 3 for $5), and the winner gets the total collected in a PC gift certificate?

I think I am going to offer this at all my shows too - doesn't it sound exciting???? Could end up with $50 or more free if several participate!

:)

I think that sounds like an interesting idea. I'd like to hear what others have to say and if anyone has tried this before.

Jenn

sounds sorta like a 50/50 raffle......but you're giving it ALL away to the winner.. so.. um, "winner takes all" raffle? how about that? hehe

pchefinski said:
...but you're giving it ALL away to the winner.. so.. um, "winner takes all" raffle? how about that? hehe

And *I* get the sale (must use in this show).!!! So could boost the hostesses sales too. :)

pchefinski said:
...but you're giving it ALL away to the winner.. so.. um, "winner takes all" raffle? how about that? hehe

Oh! LOL. Good name for it! :) Thanks I think I *will* use it!

A word of caution--when I worked in fundraising, raffles were kind of dicey legally. I can't remember the details, because it's been 10+ years. (So things may have changed) I'm wracking my brain to try to remember whether the problem was winning cash (or the cash pot-equivalent in products) or the nature of the business/charity/individual doing the raffle. Please look into whether it is legal for you to do a raffle like this! I was in Texas at the time; it may vary from state to state or even counties or towns.

Interesting, if anyone finds out about this let me know.

I'm still poking around looking for details. I found some information about raffles in Knox County, Illinois, for example...

For raffles conducted in Knox County only, outside all incorporated city, town and village limits.

To be eligible for a raffle license in Knox County, you must be a bona fide charitable, educational, fraternal, labor, religious, or veterans organzation that operate without profit to their members and which have been in existence continuously for a period of five years or more.

Click here to download a Knox County raffle application. If you are a political organization click here for information on obtaining a State Board of Elections raffle application.

The fee is determined by the annual aggregate retail value of the prize(s) offered:

Annual Aggregate Retail Value of Prizes

Fee

Additional Fee for Multiple Licenses
Chance
Price
Less than $100 $5.00 $1.00 $1.00
$100 but less than $500 $15.00 $1.25 $5.00
$500 but less than $1,000 $20.00 $2.00 $10.00
$1,000 but less than $10,000 $25.00 $3.00 $30.00
$10,000 or more $25.00 + $0.50
per each $1,000 in excess of $10,000 $5.00 + $1.00 per each $1,000 in excess of $10,000 $100.00 + $10.00 per each $1,000 in excess of $10,000

The annual aggregate retail value of all prizes awarded in a single year shall not exceed $50,000 and the retail value of any one prize awarded in a single raffle shall not exceed $50,000.

Entities desiring to hold more than one raffle during a calendar year may apply for annual license; provided no more than 52 such raffles shall be held and no more than 1 raffle per week.

Raffle tickets may only be sold in Knox County.

Your raffle application must be completed in full before the license is issued. The presiding officer and a secretary or raffle manager of the organization must sign the license. The presiding officer must also sign the last page of the application to waive the required bond.

All organizations must abide by the rules and regulations set forth in the Knox County Code. Click here to download the rules and regulations.

source

Wow. That definately sounds like an interesting idea!! Let us know how it goes!!

I'm gonna have to do some research too...I'd hate to get into trouble, especially when I really DIDN'T know better!!!

That does sound like a neat idea though!!

CookPamperedChef said:
Wow. That definately sounds like an interesting idea!! Let us know how it goes!!

I'm gonna have to do some research too...I'd hate to get into trouble, especially when I really DIDN'T know better!!!

That does sound like a neat idea though!!

The winner won $103 in the form of shopping spree to be concluded in the next day or two ~ in the fundraising "party" and I am giving 100% commission to the cause (she is a 7 yr old girl in my Brownie Troop with ovarian cancer). Since it was such a HIT (and very exciting) I plan to do some form of it with my larger parties. I will also look into it. Maybe just calling it a silent or tea cup "auction" is all we need. a HUGE success! Yea

"The Pampered Pool"I have done this before. I borrowed the idea from a partylite consultant. I call it the Pampered Pool. I have a sheet with 54 numbered squares. people can buy as many #'s as they want at $2 a piece. If the whole board is filled, that person wins $100 in free product. The extra go towards shipping and handling. If the board is not completed, then the the amount of the free product is adjusted accordingly. I usually have one of these in the host packet and the host can get squares even from people that choose not to order. I always do the drawing after everyone has ordered, so that it is a bonus to what they already ordered.

Attachments

• PCPool.doc
    31.5 KB · Views: 663
Chefie said:
I have done this before. I borrowed the idea from a partylite consultant. I call it the Pampered Pool. I have a sheet with 54 numbered squares. people can buy as many #'s as they want at $2 a piece. If the whole board is filled, that person wins $100 in free product. The extra go towards shipping and handling. If the board is not completed, then the the amount of the free product is adjusted accordingly. I usually have one of these in the host packet and the host can get squares even from people that choose not to order. I always do the drawing after everyone has ordered, so that it is a bonus to what they already ordered.

I love this! Thank you for sharing!!!!

What Would You Call...

1. What Would You Call... is a game that challenges players to come up with creative and funny names for everyday objects or scenarios. It's a great way to get the creative juices flowing and have a good laugh with friends and family.

How do I play What Would You Call...?

To play What Would You Call..., each player takes turns drawing a card with a common object or scenario (ex: a toaster, a rainy day). Then, everyone must come up with a funny or clever name for it. The player who drew the card chooses the best or funniest answer and that player earns a point. The game continues until everyone has had a chance to draw a card or until a predetermined number of points is reached.

Can I play What Would You Call... with kids?

Yes, What Would You Call... is a family-friendly game that can be enjoyed by all ages. However, some of the cards may require a bit of explaining for younger children. You can also remove any cards that may not be appropriate for your child's age group.

What is included in the What Would You Call... game?

The What Would You Call... game includes 200 cards with different objects and scenarios, a timer, and instructions. It also comes with a score pad and pencils for keeping track of points. All you need to add is a group of friends or family members ready to have some fun!

Are there any expansion packs available for What Would You Call...?

Yes, we offer expansion packs for What Would You Call... which include 200 additional cards with new and exciting objects and scenarios. This is a great way to keep the game fresh and add even more laughs to your game nights.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefAna
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
thefoodking
  • D_Patel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • debbieskitchenhelper