• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What If a Consultant Refuses to Fulfill Their Obligations? - A Kitnapping Story

In summary, Kathy Kit-napper has been asked to turn in 4 shows or $1,250 in sales, but has not done so. The Pampered Chef is getting tired of excuses and is considering terminating the contract if the obligation is not fulfilled.
Liquid Sky
I am working on getting an alleged "kitnapper" to fulfill their obligation to PC. This person signed in August and has done NOTHING. Has every excuse in the book....but I am not putting up with it anymore. I am DONE with excuses.

It has gotten to the point that this person asked what it going to happen if they don't turn in 4 shows or $1,250 in sales. I didn't directly answer that b/c if I did then she'd SURELY skip her way off and do nothing. She asked me to call HO to ask. I told her she can call....I am not taking my sweet time to help and support someone on my team who wants to do nothing.

I wonder what HO would say if someone were to call and be like, "I signed up to be a consultant and what will happen if I don't turn in any shows or sales at all?"

I'd be REAL curious of their wording....

Would love to hear the answer to this too. I, too, had a recruit in April of 2009 that didn't produce one show. I trained her, she attended one of my shows, etc. and still nothing. At one point I actually told her she at least needed to do the $1250 to keep the products or return them and still she did nothing. She even had 3 people who stated to her that they would have shows and she didn't follow through. In September I finally just "released" her. We can do everything right as recruiters but if the individual doesn't work the business, they is exactly what they will get...nothing.

How about:"Kathy Kit-napper, when you signed, you struck me as a woman of integrity. The Pampered Chef sold you the business kit at a significant discount in exchange for your first $1250 in sales.I am here to help you keep your word to the company. Let's just get thru that $1250 and then you can leave with a clear conscience."

Awesome answer Janice!​

Or tell her that you spoke to them and she has to return everything to you because they are picking it up! Then you can have it all! Sounds like you deserve it for the work you have put into it. :)

Love your answer, Dottie! I called HO about this before because I thought it's such a waste that all these kitnappers get this kit and don't do anything. HO said they really can't pursue it. Bummer on our end! However, I now have every consultant who signs up actually physically sign the consutlant agreement. This way I can always go back and say to them that they signed a contract saying they would submit $1250 in sales in exchange for the kit price. Sometimes that even works. So instead of saying what HO will (or won't do), remind them of their legal obligation. Then do what Dottie says!

cookingwithdot said:
Or tell her that you spoke to them and she has to return everything to you because they are picking it up! Then you can have it all! Sounds like you deserve it for the work you have put into it. :)

LOL...this is EXACTLY what I told her. Then she asked, "what if I don't return it?" I replied, "then they are going to charge you full price for the kit for not meeting your obligation to them". She literally GASPED on the phone. Then proceeded to ask how they would garnish her wages if she gets laid off. I told her that I don't work in the Finance Dept. of PC so I don't know exactly how they do it...but they do do it...and she could call to find out. ROFL.

She then asked to see a copy of the agreement. Geez girl....you should HAVE YOUR SIGNED COPY. Of course she didn't and wanted me to fax her one. Blah Blah Blah, I basically had her upline take a blank agreement to work to give it to her. This wanna be kitnapper is an indirect recruit :rolleyes:

I have her scared and now more open to fulfilling her obligation. This conversation took place before Christmas. I told her I'd get in touch with her after the holidays to get an action plan in place. So I have it on my calendar to call her tomorrow night to hash it out.

Another point I want to drive to people is I don't want them kitnapping, then spreading the word to everyone how you can sign up and get all these products and DO NOTHING. I don't want her friends/family all of a sudden signing up knowing they can skip out. Not to say this would happen but I am downright DONE with people who do this!

Liquid Sky said:
LOL...this is EXACTLY what I told her. Then she asked, "what if I don't return it?" I replied, "then they are going to charge you full price for the kit for not meeting your obligation to them". She literally GASPED on the phone. Then proceeded to ask how they would garnish her wages if she gets laid off. I told her that I don't work in the Finance Dept. of PC so I don't know exactly how they do it...but they do do it...and she could call to find out. ROFL.

She then asked to see a copy of the agreement. Geez girl....you should HAVE YOUR SIGNED COPY. Of course she didn't and wanted me to fax her one. Blah Blah Blah, I basically had her upline take a blank agreement to work to give it to her. This wanna be kitnapper is an indirect recruit :rolleyes:

I have her scared and now more open to fulfilling her obligation. This conversation took place before Christmas. I told her I'd get in touch with her after the holidays to get an action plan in place. So I have it on my calendar to call her tomorrow night to hash it out.

Another point I want to drive to people is I don't want them kitnapping, then spreading the word to everyone how you can sign up and get all these products and DO NOTHING. I don't want her friends/family all of a sudden signing up knowing they can skip out. Not to say this would happen but I am downright DONE with people who do this!

I couldn't agree more about this. I've got someone on my team now who is trying to do this & I won't let her off that easy. LOL

One thing I noticed is having them physically sign something may visually have an impact on them, but when they sign up online, they have to agree to the agreement and this would probably be an electronic signature which is just as binding.

Personally, I would not waste one second on them. If they want to know what PC would do, have them call HO. It is PC's agreement and not ours. Sure, I would love them to do a party and submit a show to qualify, but scaring them will teach them no lesson. They will find out eventually that nothing will or would happen. If their intension was deceptive in the first place, I don't want them giving us a bad name by possibly not submitting parties and taking party money for themselves. I have had this happen once and heard someone else tell how they were the host and the consultant charged them and took their money. PC covers these products as a good will gesture.

We had a consultant sign up on our team and she admitted it was her second time. She donated the first kit to a church because she felt guilty that she did not submit one show. So on her second attempt with us, she submitted one maybe 2 parties, but never qualified. Then she came back again, signed and did nothing again. We have heard that she signed up again under yet another consultant and told them that we never trained her. YIKES! We were amazed that HO let her sign up a fourth time.

HO will do NOTHING.I had a gal who signed up and then later change her mind (after not turning in any sales) and when I called PC, they said she could just keep the kit and they wouldn't "go after her" so to speak.

Free speech alert*** You're probably not going to like my opinion but here goes. I have recently moved to attend school and have to put pampered chef on hold. I am still in my 3 months. If my director had the nerve to ask me for my kit it would not be pretty. For one, I technically did pay something for it. So if the director wanted the kit that badly I would DEMAND my money returned to me. If someone is a kit-napper, try to help them start their business and then let go. Your wasting your time and effort on a lost cause. Live, learn, and move on. Like I said you might not like my answer, so I would appreciate no retaliation to my comments please. Free speech is welcome.

We only have control over ourselves. I agree with Naydeen. We put effort in, but ultimately, it's up to the new consultant. Maybe she will pick it up seriously in the next 5 months. I looked up information on HO website recently and didn't realize that I have recruited 13 people in my career! Wow! If only they had'nt been kitnappers, etc. I just bless, release and work on who I'll meet next.

Home office will return 90% of their money when they send the kit back. Had someone take advantage of that once. I hate kitnappers.

Kelly8 said:
This way I can always go back and say to them that they signed a contract saying they would submit $1250 in sales in exchange for the kit price. Sometimes that even works. So instead of saying what HO will (or won't do), remind them of their legal obligation. Then do what Dottie says!

But see, the contract itself does NOT say anything about the $1250 or 4 shows. Nothing. It says stuff about it can be retracted within 30 days, it says it's good for 6 months and if you don't submit $150/mo for 6 consecutive months then it's terminated, etc. But nowhere in the terms and agreements does it actually state that you are obligated to any sort of minimums.

That's what I think stinks. Because Caressa and I are getting ready to try and work with my recruit who is literally 1 show and less than $400 away from having her 4 shows and $1250 in sales but her 90 days is up 2/3 and she has nothing on the books for January and claims she's "bored". I'm trying to get her to just fulfill that last bit of sales so SHE earns the extra "free" produts (PC dollars), and yes, so I can get my incentive points and recruiting bonus, but she's just not doing anything. It's frustrating. I want to tell her she's breaking the contract, but really...is she? It's not stated in there.

Well, I HAVE tried working with her. I work very closely with my team and she flat out ignored me until I got serious with her. She signed in August, so her 6 months are up at the end of Feb.

She hasn't even TRIED anything. She gave me excuses left and right about how she can't leave her baby at all (but yet she works FULL TIME outside the home and doesn't take her baby with her)....ok...let's get some catalog shows rolling. "um.....I can't...." UGH! Seriously!

Sure, I am so going to pick up her kit and return it to HO. She physically SIGNED the contract herself!!!! I was careful to explain what the requirements are and she signed, thus agreeing to the terms and conditions. When you sign a contract, you are obligated to fulfill it. You don't sign a contract for a bank loan then never pay...then get mad and demand your $$ back when the bank repossesses the home. PC is also not a rental program....you don't buy the kit, use the products then return them for a full refund.

Nope, I don't agree one bit at what she is doing. I have had MANY people not fully do the 4 show thing or $1,250 in sales (one got diagnosed w/ thyroid cancer...etc) and I blessed and released. At least they did SOMETHING w/in that 6 month time frame and not ignore my calls/emails.. Downright RUDE. My FIRST 5 recruits never fully qualified (very first one was a kitnapper) so it's not like this is the first time I am dealing w/ this.

I now have a team of 14, 13 of them active every month and 1 not doing a dang thing. I know, they are out there....but I am not going to sit idly by anymore.

I wouldn't waste any more of my time on her. Bless and release and move on. She is taking up too much of your energy that you could be using to focus on something positive. Leave her on your team communication mailing list if she wants to come back she will - if not well then you know that you tried your best.

You may have heard this before Bless and Releass Put all this energy to good use New People to join your team . Don't give her another call E-mail her with the steps to take on getting some catalog partys then nothing else Move on is my 2 cents

Liquid Sky said:

It must be very frustrating, but I also would say to just bless and release. They signed a contract with HO. If they aren't going to go after them, then you shouldn't either. I wouldn't tell them things that aren't true. You don't have to pay and cover the cost of them not fulfilling their understood obligation, so try not to let this get the best of you.

I know it stinks, though. :(

Oh, and Deb is right, they won't do anything. I always just give it one last shot with that statement (or something like it) and then move on. I have recruited 30 and had 5 or 6 Kitnappers. It happens.

They steal and waste your training time. They suck.

Move on!

Liquid Sky said:
Well, I HAVE tried working with her. I work very closely with my team and she flat out ignored me until I got serious with her. She signed in August, so her 6 months are up at the end of Feb.She hasn't even TRIED anything. She gave me excuses left and right about how she can't leave her baby at all (but yet she works FULL TIME outside the home and doesn't take her baby with her)....ok...let's get some catalog shows rolling. "um.....I can't...." UGH! Seriously!Sure, I am so going to pick up her kit and return it to HO. She physically SIGNED the contract herself!!!! I was careful to explain what the requirements are and she signed, thus agreeing to the terms and conditions. When you sign a contract, you are obligated to fulfill it. You don't sign a contract for a bank loan then never pay...then get mad and demand your $$ back when the bank repossesses the home. PC is also not a rental program....you don't buy the kit, use the products then return them for a full refund. Nope, I don't agree one bit at what she is doing. I have had MANY people not fully do the 4 show thing or $1,250 in sales (one got diagnosed w/ thyroid cancer...etc) and I blessed and released. At least they did SOMETHING w/in that 6 month time frame and not ignore my calls/emails.. Downright RUDE. My FIRST 5 recruits never fully qualified (very first one was a kitnapper) so it's not like this is the first time I am dealing w/ this. I now have a team of 14, 13 of them active every month and 1 not doing a dang thing. I know, they are out there....but I am not going to sit idly by anymore.
My advice is the same as others - Bless and release. If you continue to recruit, it won't be your last kitnapper, and it takes up too much precious emotional energy to get so worked up over someone else's bad choices. You can't force her to fulfill her commitment, and HO isn't going to do anything about it....and it's never a good thing to tell someone something that isn't true to get them to do what you want.Spend your energy on the ones who want help, and want to grow their businesses!

Telling kitnappers that HO will charge them or come and repo the kit is not ethical, since we know that HO will do neither of those things. By telling a kitnapper that, you are lowering yourself to their moral level (stealing vs. lying). Don't do it. If kitnapping becomes a problem, then HO can choose to put procedures in place to recoup kit costs from kitnappers.

chefann said:
Telling kitnappers that HO will charge them or come and repo the kit is not ethical, since we know that HO will do neither of those things. By telling a kitnapper that, you are lowering yourself to their moral level (stealing vs. lying). Don't do it. If kitnapping becomes a problem, then HO can choose to put procedures in place to recoup kit costs from kitnappers.

I was just going to say this. Lying is not the way to get around this. And I agree with Nadeen. There maybe reasons why she cannot start or won't start that you don't know of. Just bless and release. I had one last year that kept saying she would do something then talked about returning the kit (HO will give you 90% of your money back) and then talked about doing something again. But as of October she is no longer a consultant. There is only so much you can do. Do not tarnish your reputation over this person. She's not worth is.

Caresa, everyone of us understands your frustration and anger with people that have this dead beat attitude. As you say, you have dealt with it before

I am impressed that all but one of your team members is active each month! Your hard work with them is paying off.

Not only is it stooping to their level but it is illegal! It is called harassment and can get YOU in more trouble than it is worth. Do you really want to become the UGLY PAMPERED CHEF LADY that only threatens others to make money??? What if she does decide to call HO and she she tells them what you are threatening her with? How will that sit with HO? And remember, you do not know who she knows and it may hurt your business. It only takes one person saying something about you that is ugly to put off hundreds of others when your name comes up. I mean seriously! Is it worth possibly ruining your own reputation?

pampered1224 said:
Not only is it stooping to their level but it is illegal! It is called harassment and can get YOU in more trouble than it is worth. Do you really want to become the UGLY PAMPERED CHEF LADY that only threatens others to make money??? What if she does decide to call HO and she she tells them what you are threatening her with? How will that sit with HO? And remember, you do not know who she knows and it may hurt your business. It only takes one person saying something about you that is ugly to put off hundreds of others when your name comes up. I mean seriously! Is it worth possibly ruining your own reputation?

Um, yeah....that's pretty "low" of you to say.

I never "threatened" and harassing is not what I did. I simply had ONE conversation about that ONCE in the past 4 months. I fully told her to call HO and take it up with them and that I don't know exactly HOW they do things.

Of course, I can't begin to break down the timeline and have you all completely understand the dynamic of the situation. Plus, I don't have to worry about ruining my reputation when I have a solid and strong business and that I take care of all my customers and recruits. I won't back down and save face to ONE person for fear that my reputation will be put on the line.

I understand this is on HO and their policies...and trust me..I am not losing sleep over this nor spending precious time on it. Again, it was ONE phone conversation. This has only taught me, going forward, how to make sure I CLEARLY explain to recruit prospects that this takes "work" and I want to make sure they are ready for it.

Caressa, I am butting my nose in, but I think people are not attacking you but rather trying to protect you. You already know that the written word on postings are without emotion. And therefore, can be taken the wrong way. (I had a host that told me I "sounded" mad in my posts because I used "!" a lot. I had to explain that when I used it, it was for excitement.)

Only my opinion, but it sounds like you have clearly thought this through and are frustrated to no end with this deadbeat. And yes, we do not know the timeline or the conversations with her. The title of your thread was a question and others answered. They shared what they would do or how they feel. And bottom line, we all like to look after one another as consultants on CS.

It is your business and you have decided. Let us know how it turns out. Hopefully she will follow through.

Very well said Ann! (and I use !! alot, too)

baychef said:
Caressa, I am butting my nose in, but I think people are not attacking you but rather trying to protect you. You already know that the written word on postings are without emotion. And therefore, can be taken the wrong way. (I had a host that told me I "sounded" mad in my posts because I used "!" a lot. I had to explain that when I used it, it was for excitement.)

Only my opinion, but it sounds like you have clearly thought this through and are frustrated to no end with this deadbeat. And yes, we do not know the timeline or the conversations with her. The title of your thread was a question and others answered. They shared what they would do or how they feel. And bottom line, we all like to look after one another as consultants on CS.

It is your business and you have decided. Let us know how it turns out. Hopefully she will follow through.

Oh, I know this and that's why I come to this board to post questions. I agree that it's hard to "hear" what others are saying thru text....but word choices are a different story. Maybe I am just more conscious of that and felt a little attacked by saying I am harassing, threatening my team in order to make $...etc. That was WAY off base...IMHO.

I would not tell a customer something that is not true.

Yeah it stinks to have a recruit not follow thru.. but all you can do is move on to those who you can help succeed at this biz instead of getting down about one who is kitnapping.

Liquid Sky said:
Oh, I know this and that's why I come to this board to post questions. I agree that it's hard to "hear" what others are saying thru text....but word choices are a different story. Maybe I am just more conscious of that and felt a little attacked by saying I am harassing, threatening my team in order to make $...etc. That was WAY off base...IMHO.

I think John was more saying you don't want people to be saying that about you behind your back, not that you would ever do that.

John (and everyone else) was saying what could be said about you. I have heard many a "horror story" about the rude PC consultants in the area. Even though sometimes they don't remember the consultant's name, they never forget how they were treated... I had a kitnapper that signed up last March. She had "great ideas" that she was going to do but never did. I even offered to buy her mini-catalogs she had purchased from me plus any leftover catalogs last June but she waited until August 28th to say I could. Told her I couldn't then since new catalogs were due out that same week... You never know with people, but above all, be honest. You don't want people taking advantage of buying the kit and not working the biz, but you also don't want her to spread the word you lied about the consequences either.

chefann said:

I agree with Ann. I understand your frustration, but you can't flat out lie to counter stealing :blushing:

You really do need to move on. You will only waste more time and energy on someone who clearly does not want to do anything. Just focus on your business, your productive team members, and on Maui :D

That was the point exactly. You read my statement but must have missed the "you do not want to become..." You see how it got way out of hand here. Can you imagine what one comment from her to someone else would end up sounding like after a bit? You remember the old game of "Telephone" where someone whispers something in one persons ear and then they pass it on. It comes out totally different in the end. l so do not want to see you end up with a really bad image from one simply made comment by you. Remember too, you know what you are saying but you have no idea what she is hearing. The words may be the same but the emotion behind them may be completely different on her end. She may only hear "that consultant...". Save yourself the trouble that COULD follow by pursing this. I know a consultant that lost major bookings from a party because the host did not send the money needed to close the party for over a month. This consultant did a $1100 party, got 8 bookings and two recruit leads from the party. But as time went on and the products did not appear, the guests questioned the host. The consultant had been calling her quite a bit to get this resolved and and you what the host told her guests, that the consultant was hounding and harassing about the orders. She did not mention that she was the one who did not send the consultant the $750 to place the order. I lost all of the bookings, and the recruit leads because I was doing the right thing. I know I lost several more booking as when I asked a few people from my mom's work place if they would like to do parties, they very incredulously said no. I found out why later. My mom was the one who ended up telling me what the guests were saying as she worked with several of them. The story, as it came out said I was telling the host I needed more money from her than the party was so I could get more commission and what not. And all I did was call her three times in three weeks and all I said was "Gina, John Watschke here. I really need that money from you so I can get the order placed. Please call me a let me know what is happening. We need to close soon so your guests get their stuff, you get the host bonus you want and I need to be able to get my commission so I can pay bills." One slip of my tongue and all I was worried about was my commission. I have never done another party with her even though she has asked me too. One or two words out of context and there you go. HO does not make us pay for kits on purpose. It is so we do not loose money on dead beats. In other words, they do not want us wasting our time on people who do want our help. We have no financial loss to with stand so also do not waste the time. You have already said what you needed to say to her so let it go. I know you are mad. We have all been there. I have recruited 6 people. One did the $1250 and that was it and one lasted about a year. The others just walked off. I let them. I did not want the emotional investment. Oh and what would HO say? They would say there is nothing you or they can do. All of us who have made that call have been told the same thing. They want us to leave it alone so we do NOT dig ourselves into a nasty hole. We do not want you to do it either! That's all I was saying. We don't give a rats booty about her. We only care about you.

Last edited:
John.....I TOTALLY understand what you are saying and I truly appreciate your taking the time to express/clarify it.

I do still wonder tho....what would HO say if an unqualified consultant called them and straight out asked, "what will happen if I don't do anything in my business?" I really, really wonder what their answer would be, especially when they can see in their systems our history and what not.

All is good tho, I will follow up with her one more time and ask her if she's ready to get on board and so she can earn some cash to help offset the loss due to being laid off. If she "fights" me on the issue then I will gladly and respectfully step back, wish her luck and let her know to let us know if we can help her out in the future.

Thanks everyone! I appreciate all your input :thumbup:

John, your post was fantastic! I mean...not the experience...that was just horrible.

I had a past host call me and tell me her stone was broken. She wanted to replace it. Long story short, I did not sell her the stone but she knew it was way over 3 years old. I told her that PC would not replace it.

She then told the consultant that now does her shows that I didn't care and did not want to help her!!!:eek::eek::eek: She expected me to offer her to order one and I give her a discount. She never said or hinted this to me!!

It is sad that others trash other people to make themselves look better.

I had no idea there were so many kitnappers, let alone they exist. I am surprised that it hasn't changed HO's agreement and procedure. It sounds like this has been going on for some time, long enough to red flag HO to come up with some solution so the word doesn't spread that they don't do anything.

You know what's funny? Michael Reeves started out as a kitnapper...

The term kitnapper is cracking me up!

Ok! I'll admit it!! I was going to "kitnap" too!! I signed simply because it was cheaper to get all the stuff I wanted and MORE! The gal I signed up under totally knew I had no intention of selling. But when I opened up my pc boxes I got sooooo excited about the business aspect of it that I started selling it! Lol! Hopefully the "kitnappers" out there will see what an awesome opportunity they are missing out on!

P.s. My sister was going to kitnap too....but the pc bug got to her as well! ;)

Michael Reeves really? And Karen, glad you found out how fantastic PC is!
Too funny!
Sky - how did this all pan out anyway? I have ot assume she just walked away but...

NooraK said:
You know what's funny? Michael Reeves started out as a kitnapper...

But look at where Michael is today! :chef:
This is a sad thing when it happens. I had a person sign up, her second time, and I asked how committed she was to following through with the business this time. Oh of course I got the suger coated version of how she really wanted to do it and be successful. In reality she flopped...a second time. She emailed me a year later and asked if she could sign again! My response was, Yes, if you are going to work it this time if not then find someone else. I am happy to report that she has NOT signed for a third time!
I wish there was something HO could do about this because I love TPC and I do not like them being taken advantage of.

pampered1224 said:
Sky - how did this all pan out anyway? I have ot assume she just walked away but...

Funny you ask! Mrs. Kitnapper called me the morning of Spring Launch and hounded me on questions about what PC will do. Rewind....at the beginning of February, I emailed all my "pending 6 months of inactivity" recruits letting them know they are pending 6 months and I am here 100% to help keep them active. Very cookie cutter email...standardized.

Spring Launch morning....urgently asks me to call her. So I do w/in 10 mins. She begins throwing a 100 questions at me about what PC will do. By this point, I have told her "I have no idea and it's best if you just call to ask them". She then proceeds to tell me that I FORCED her to sign the agreement and FORCED her to write down 4 show dates w/ names. At this point I was DONE...D O N E....with this crazy psychopath. You got it, I strapped her down and forced her to fill out the agreement. :rolleyes:

After that accusation, I tell her, "look, I have signed over 20 people to my team in the past 2 years and I have ALWAYS been clear to cover the terms and conditions of the agreement. Obvicously, we are getting no where with each other so go ahead and address all questions and concerns to HO." The I hear, "yeah and I get all these call and emails from you saying my 6 months are pending". YOU GOT THAT RIGHT! So I reply, "yes I absolutely did b/c it's my RESPONSIBILITY as the leader of my team to communicate everything and anything that may affect my team in any form...good or "bad"".

BLAH BLAH BLAH....needless to say, I deleted her from my team email list when I got home that night. No longer will I waste a breath or time on her. Unless of course if she fesses up and actually wants to work her biz then I'll support her but I will not tolerate someone wanting to fight with me like we are 12 and accuse me of doing crap that I didn't do (forcing the agreement).

Blessed and released :thumbup:

Oh Lord! (Yep you got one for the funny farm!) I suppose too that you had to use Twixit! Clips on her little fingers and ratted her hair with a whisk! You must have just totally went all out Mafia on her huh? LOL!!! I'm sorry! I can't stop laughing at the thought of you torturing and forcing someone to sign! I am so sorry you got stuck with a total fruit loop!

I hesitate to to mention this because I am not siding with kitnappers, but just trying to help. If the contract does not actually state that a consultant has to do so many parties or make a certain dollar amount in order to buy the kit then (while I disagree with the practice) they have a legal right and if you are telling them you are going to go collect their kit that would be stealing. They could have you arrested or sued for stealing, harrasment, or defermation of character. Again I think it is unethical but it is leagal. However if their is a part of the consultant agreement that states requirments then that is a diffrent story.

pamperedchef88 said:
I hesitate to to mention this because I am not siding with kitnappers, but just trying to help. If the contract does not actually state that a consultant has to do so many parties or make a certain dollar amount in order to buy the kit then (while I disagree with the practice) they have a legal right and if you are telling them you are going to go collect their kit that would be stealing. They could have you arrested or sued for stealing, harrasment, or defermation of character. Again I think it is unethical but it is leagal. However if their is a part of the consultant agreement that states requirments then that is a diffrent story.

The girl I have talked about in these postings is one that I internally had red flags about from the get go...and she's been an ordeal to work with the past 6 months. It's just hard when you love a company so much and to see someone (several people in my case) take advantage of it is hard to swallow. :( I know, I know....it's not my bag to hold and I understand that. I am just passionate about this career and my business. :love:

I'd never harass or steal a kit back...I work full time, have 3 kids and work PC full time so I'd say I have much better things to do. I really, really wish and hope PC will change the terms and conditions to ward against kitnappers.

pampered1224 said:
Oh Lord! (Yep you got one for the funny farm!) I suppose too that you had to use Twixit! Clips on her little fingers and ratted her hair with a whisk! You must have just totally went all out Mafia on her huh? LOL!!! I'm sorry! I can't stop laughing at the thought of you torturing and forcing someone to sign! I am so sorry you got stuck with a total fruit loop!

AHAHHAHAAH! Now that is a visual I am totally cracking up over!!! Now I have a good idea for my next victim...er....recruit. :D

I thought you would get a kick out of that! I just can not imagine someone actually saying they were forced to sign up! Now you basically have proof positive she was a kitnapper. "Me thinks thou doust protest to much." is from McBeth. (I know the doust part is spelled wrong but...), you know what it means. It means that you are trying way to hard to convince others, and yourself, that you are not ethically or legally guilty. Now she is blaming you because she signed up! That is way to hard! She never had any intention of doing anything but collecting the goods.

1. What are the consequences if a consultant refuses to fulfill their obligations?

If a consultant fails to fulfill their obligations, there are a few potential consequences they may face. These include losing their active consultant status, forfeiting any commission or bonuses earned, and potentially being terminated from the company.

2. Can a consultant be held accountable for not meeting their obligations?

Yes, as an active consultant, it is your responsibility to fulfill your obligations to Pampered Chef. If you consistently fail to meet these obligations, you may face consequences such as losing your active status or being terminated from the company.

3. What should I do if my team member is not fulfilling their obligations?

If you have a team member who is not meeting their obligations, it is important to address the issue with them directly. Offer support and resources to help them succeed, but also make it clear that fulfilling their obligations is a requirement of being a consultant with Pampered Chef. If necessary, you may need to escalate the issue to your upline or contact HO for further guidance.

4. Is there a specific timeframe for fulfilling obligations as a consultant?

Yes, as a consultant, you are expected to fulfill your obligations within a certain timeframe. This may vary depending on your specific goals and agreements with your upline, but typically you should aim to complete at least 4 shows or generate $1,250 in sales within your first 90 days as a consultant.

5. Can a consultant be terminated for consistently failing to fulfill their obligations?

Yes, if a consultant consistently fails to meet their obligations, they may be subject to termination from the company. This decision is typically made by HO after considering all factors and attempts to support the consultant in meeting their obligations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JJessica
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • KCPChef
  • General Chat
Replies