• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Fundraiser Success: Commission Sharing Strategies

In summary, Nancy offers a commission of 2% on sales up to $1,000 and 5% on sales over $1,000. If the fundraiser is for a group she is involved with, she matches the company's commission. If the fundraiser is for a stranger, she offers a commission of 5% on sales up to $1,000 and 10% on sales over $1,000.
lmradlein
Gold Member
Getting ready to get in deep with fundraisers and I have a question for y’all. I see many always include another percentage of their commission to the fundraiser event. I can see doing that say if it was my son’s school or baseball team. However, when you advertise to other people (ones you don’t know) do you always include a share of your commission? If you have done both ways can you let me know which works best. I’ve done Relay For Life Fundraisers and 100% of my commission goes back to the team. But I’m wanting to get into this more but yet make a living at it at the same time!

I tie it to an incentive. If the fundraiser raises $1,000 in sales I give them an extra 5% of my commission. $2,000, 10%. If it's a group I am involved with I give them the whole thing--I figure it gives me points for the trips and such. I usually match what the company does--if they earn 10, I give 10, if they earn 15, I give 15. I keep back enough to cover my catalogs, which the extra 2% usually covers (I'm at 17% for fundraisers). But if it's a group I don't know then it's what I said above.

Thank you Nancy, I'm working on my letters right now to send out. I like the "over" 1k and 2k amounts! Thanks!

What I did was advertise that (in addition to the % of the sales) PC gives $3 for every show booked and that I would donate an addtional $10 for every show booked (after the show closes of course). I had 4 shows booked off a very small fundraiser. Assuming all 4 shows are held, that's $40 out of my pocket. The sales at the fundraiser covered that $40 donation and the door prizes that I donated. Of the 4 bookings, 3 have been held. The catalog show closed at $377.75, but the first two cooking shows closed at $608.85 & 786.50 in commissionable sales. The 4th show is coming up in a couple of weeks. So everything that I invested in the fundraiser has already been covered in the commission from the sales of the fundraiser. If I was only getting 20%, I've still made $354.62 in commission, before I've even done the 4th show. Totally worth it! ;)

Thanks Sheila! Great way to look at it.

Just be careful what you offer. My first fundraiser, I offered free shipping as well as extra 5% at $600 and extra 10% at $1,000 of my commission! Between the copies for the "parent folders", the catalogs, and the incentives, I was in the hole $36! I also gave $25 gift card from Walmart to my top seller but since two children did $300+ each, I gave it to two of them. I changed mine to extra 5% at $1,000 and extra 10% of $2,000 plus did not offer free shipping!

Yeah, I don't think I would ever offer free shipping. Thanks for your information!

1. What products do you recommend for meal prep?

For meal prep, we recommend our cutting boards, knives, and food choppers. These products are designed to make cutting and chopping ingredients quick and easy.

2. What is the best tool for baking?

Our non-stick baking stones are the best tool for baking. They distribute heat evenly for perfectly cooked and golden brown baked goods.

3. What kitchen gadgets do you suggest for beginners?

For beginners, we suggest our multi-purpose kitchen shears, silicone spatulas, and adjustable measuring spoons. These are versatile and easy-to-use tools that every kitchen needs.

4. What is the most popular product for hosting parties?

Our most popular product for hosting parties is our Chillzanne Platter. It keeps food cold for hours, making it perfect for serving appetizers and snacks at gatherings.

5. Which products are best for grilling?

We have a variety of products that are perfect for grilling, including our BBQ grill pan, grill press, and grill basket. These products make grilling easier and more enjoyable.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Hillary
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
yankfan24
  • pcladyofms