1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Fundraiser What works best for you?

1. lmradlein

lmradlein Member Gold Member

Getting ready to get in deep with fundraisers and I have a question for y’all. I see many always include another percentage of their commission to the fundraiser event. I can see doing that say if it was my son’s school or baseball team. However, when you advertise to other people (ones you don’t know) do you always include a share of your commission? If you have done both ways can you let me know which works best. I’ve done Relay For Life Fundraisers and 100% of my commission goes back to the team. But I’m wanting to get into this more but yet make a living at it at the same time!

Jul 26, 2009
  2. Nanisu

Nanisu Veteran Member Gold Member

I tie it to an incentive. If the fundraiser raises $1,000 in sales I give them an extra 5% of my commission. $2,000, 10%. If it's a group I am involved with I give them the whole thing--I figure it gives me points for the trips and such. I usually match what the company does--if they earn 10, I give 10, if they earn 15, I give 15. I keep back enough to cover my catalogs, which the extra 2% usually covers (I'm at 17% for fundraisers). But if it's a group I don't know then it's what I said above.

Jul 27, 2009
  3. lmradlein

Thank you Nancy, I'm working on my letters right now to send out. I like the "over" 1k and 2k amounts! Thanks!

Jul 27, 2009
  4. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

What I did was advertise that (in addition to the % of the sales) PC gives $3 for every show booked and that I would donate an addtional $10 for every show booked (after the show closes of course). I had 4 shows booked off a very small fundraiser. Assuming all 4 shows are held, that's $40 out of my pocket. The sales at the fundraiser covered that $40 donation and the door prizes that I donated. Of the 4 bookings, 3 have been held. The catalog show closed at $377.75, but the first two cooking shows closed at $608.85 & 786.50 in commissionable sales. The 4th show is coming up in a couple of weeks. So everything that I invested in the fundraiser has already been covered in the commission from the sales of the fundraiser. If I was only getting 20%, I've still made $354.62 in commission, before I've even done the 4th show. Totally worth it! ;)

Jul 27, 2009
  5. lmradlein

Thanks Sheila! Great way to look at it.

Jul 27, 2009
  6. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

Just be careful what you offer. My first fundraiser, I offered free shipping as well as extra 5% at $600 and extra 10% at $1,000 of my commission! Between the copies for the "parent folders", the catalogs, and the incentives, I was in the hole $36! I also gave $25 gift card from Walmart to my top seller but since two children did $300+ each, I gave it to two of them. I changed mine to extra 5% at $1,000 and extra 10% of $2,000 plus did not offer free shipping!

Jul 27, 2009
  7. lmradlein

Yeah, I don't think I would ever offer free shipping. Thanks for your information!

Jul 29, 2009
Have something to add?