• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join Wave 3: Flying Delta Nonstop for $219!

Just got my tickets on Friday....cheapest ever!! :D Flying Delta nonstop from Salt Lake City for $219!! YIPPPEEEEE!!!!:DI'm surfing a wave on on Lake Michigan - right down the Chicago River.ahhhhh....I would love to meet up with anyone that is in the same wave as me!I am in wave 3!!!just got my tickets on Friday....cheapest ever!! :D Flying Delta nonstop from Salt Lake City for $219!! YIPPPEEEEE!!!!:DI'm surfing a wave on on Lake Michigan - right down the Chicago River.ahhhhh....should of guessed I would get a smart comment from you!!:
fruit76loop
Gold Member
What wave is everyone going to??

I would love to meet up with anyone that is in the same wave as me!

I am in wave 3!!!

Just got my tickets on Friday....cheapest ever!! :D Flying Delta nonstop from Salt Lake City for $219!! YIPPPEEEEE!!!!:D

I'm surfing a wave on on Lake Michigan - right down the Chicago River.

ahhhhh....should of guessed I would get a smart comment from you!!:D :rolleyes:

What a great price!I'm up in Montana and haven't been able to get anything that cheap in a long time! I have found tickets for under $400 but I keep hoping! It might be worth the drive to Salt Lake!

I'll be in wave three as well! I'm so excited to go as I just started in September and am looking forward to my first conference. I'm hoping to walk as director but it's going to be tight. I've had a lot of interest lately in the opportunity. I have one qualified, three signed in the last month and one I'm meeting with tomorrow for the second time who says she's ready to start her business so we'll have to see! I have a couple of other potentials as well I am working with. Of course my team has a ways to go towards qualifying but we'll see what the next few months bring.

I hope to see you at conference as I have learned a lot through your posts!

Michele

Is the wave always the same? If so I would be going to wave 3. Marlene are you going to be meeting up with Jennifer H? I mentioned that you got on this site and she told me you were awsome and that we should meet:D

I'm going in wave 3 as well! I'm looking forward to it! Hopefully I'll be able to meet everyone from on here that I'm learning so much from!!!

I get to go first. I'm in Wave 1!!

I was on wave 3 last year and 2 the year before so I was very disappointed to find out that I had wave 3 again this year and not wave 1 like I expected. :mad:

...But now that I know that I'll have a chance to meet so many of you :D .

I haven't booked my airfare yet but I'm looking.

Do they often switch exec. directors from wave to wave? Or is it once you're in a specific wave, they like to keep you there, unless something happens? Thanks in advance!

They switch it around from year to year. Sometimes you won't switch for a few years then be in a different wave all of a sudden. Last year I was Wave 2. The year before we were wave 1 and we are wave 1 again this year.

I believe it has to do with numbers. They look at all the NSE's and divide them as evenly as they can so each conference has about the same number of possible attendees. That's fine but I really don't think it's fair if they don't mix us so that everyone gets to be in the first wave sometimes. I know I'm whining :( but... I really was excited that we were going to be first this year (HA - or so I thought) and it was very disappointing when I learned we weren't.

Oh, well. Maybe next year.:rolleyes:

I am so jealous of you Chef Kearns :p

Last edited:
I'm in wave 2 this year, last year I was wave 3. Anyone else in the 2nd group?

I dunno...
Jennie4PC said:
Is the wave always the same? If so I would be going to wave 3. Marlene are you going to be meeting up with Jennifer H? I mentioned that you got on this site and she told me you were awsome and that we should meet:D

if I will be meeting up with the Utah gals.:p Guess we will see what happens! Who is Jennifer's upline? Whoever is her upline, that would be your Exec. And then you would know what wave you are in!!

I know that this year they have switched Exec's around for conference. When I went in the past I was always with basically the same people, now they have switched Exec's around. My Exec is Chris Manion.

I am driving to Elko on Saturday to drop the kids at my brother-in-law's!! ;) Pampered Chef is flying us out of Elko to go to Vienna! :D It is so great that they will fly you out of where ever you want!!! :D

:eek: WOW>>>there are so many of us in Wave 3, we really should try to have a meeting to put faces with screen names and such! How many of you are flying in the day before? I arrive in Chicago at 2 on Sunday. We should try to meet for dinner or maybe dessert if some of you already have plans!!

Can't wait to meet you!
MicheleC said:
I'm up in Montana and haven't been able to get anything that cheap in a long time! I have found tickets for under $400 but I keep hoping! It might be worth the drive to Salt Lake!

I'll be in wave three as well! I'm so excited to go as I just started in September and am looking forward to my first conference. I'm hoping to walk as director but it's going to be tight. I've had a lot of interest lately in the opportunity. I have one qualified, three signed in the last month and one I'm meeting with tomorrow for the second time who says she's ready to start her business so we'll have to see! I have a couple of other potentials as well I am working with. Of course my team has a ways to go towards qualifying but we'll see what the next few months bring.

I hope to see you at conference as I have learned a lot through your posts!

Michele

Michele,

Where in Montana? Who is your director? I have driven to Montana for some kick-offs in the past.

How far of a drive is it to SLC for you? :confused: You would want to figure if it would be really worth the time to save $$$, even if it is $200. Because by the time you buy gas, food & more food & drinks...and more food (I like to snack when I travel!!:rolleyes: )etc...you might not save that much $$!!

Good luck on finding good tickets! :D Is there a large group going from Montana? Sometimes you can get a group rate and it will drop the price!!

HelenaMarlene,

I'm in Helena. My director is Pat Cunningham out of Bozeman but hopefully soon it will be Kathy Lippert in Belgrade. (nothing against Pat, I'm just hoping Kathy makes her directorship here soon:) ).

I was considering the drive to Salt Lake as my parents are wanting to meet up with me in Chicago and have a mini-vacation. I have two kids I would be bringing with me and they would keep them for me while we have the meetings.

So...the cost savings would be greater in a monetary sense but also in a peace of mind sense making the trip with me and the two kids:D . I'm going to keep working on prices and see what we come up with. It's just always expensive from here!

Where are you at in Wyoming? I used to travel through Wyoming quite a bit in my previous job.

Great ideaI would love to put some faces with names as well! Once everyone gets closer to making their hotel arrangements we should be able to work something out!

Beth, I know you're bummed to not be in the first wave, but I'm glad to see you're going to be in wave three as well. I've enjoyed many of your posts and have learned a lot from them. Thanks for all of the good advice you put out here and share with us!

Michele

fruit76loop said:
should of guessed I would get a smart comment from you!!:D :rolleyes:
Sarcasm is just one more service we cheerfully provide! :D

I'm in wave 2, but I live close enough that I can show up some morning just to annoy you. I'll be the guy just outside the hotel door with the shopping cart and a styrofoam cup to collect change.

I know...Pat! It is her kickoff that I went to before. I think I know Kathy as well. What a small world!:D

We have the same upline Director, Sandy Dvorsak. She used to be our Exec, but she lost some Directors...so now we are back to Chris Manion as our Exec!

WOW...traveling with your children!! You go Girl!! You are stronger than I! How old are your kids? Good luck on finding a great deal! For us to fly out of Wyoming...it is always about $500-$600!! So we always drive to SLC. I am out of Rock Springs, so it is only about 2 1/2 hours! Not too bad!:p

Wouldn't...
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Sarcasm is just one more service we cheerfully provide! :D

I'm in wave 2, but I live close enough that I can show up some morning just to annoy you. I'll be the guy just outside the hotel door with the shopping cart and a styrofoam cup to collect change.

put it past you!! I will make sure I keep the hotel I am staying at a secret! :D

Too bad you are in wave 2! You would add a lot of life to our wave!!:D

Wave two!Wave two for us, under Robin Schilling. You can check on Consultant's Corner to find out which wave, if you don't already know. They have a National Conference Assignments link (or some such thing), that lists the Senior Execs by wave.

I would love to meet up at some point! We like to get in early on Wednesday (1st day) and leave late on Sunday (last day) so we can see some sights! Last year, we took a boat tour Sunday morning before our flight. It was awesome! We usually eat at Cheesecake Factory on Wednesday. It's gonna rock your world if you have never been...I know it did mine!

Windy Rock SpringsMarlene,

I've been through Rock Springs many times! I would take a trip to visit our Wyoming offices about once a year and sometimes would fly in to Salt Lake, pick up a car and drive from there through the state and back up to Montana. Saved a few hours on the drive time.

My kids are 8 and 6 so they're getting better about traveling. I probably won't be able to team up with others to get a group rate as I plan on coming in Saturday and staying through the next Saturday to spend time with my family. Of course I do realize it's the grandkids they really want to see:rolleyes: but thought it would be nice if I didn't just drop the kids and run:) .

I used to work downtown, one week a month. I used to live in a hotel along the river and there is an awful lot of trouble to get into ;) when you're not doing something that's in the schedule.

I'm looking forward to getting back to Portillo's for dinner so I can see the 1930 Chevrolet hanging from the ceiling.

Thanks Michele for the nice comments :eek: - you're sweet to say that.

We tried to get together in the lobby of one of the hotels last year between sessions 2 and 3 but it didn't happen. Maybe some of you got together but I never found anyone. But then again I had a lot of personal things going on at the time so I might just have been in a fog.

I do think we should try! We talked about wearing a yellow ribbon last year too but I didn't see any of them either...

I will be flying into Milwaukee to spend a couple days with family before driving down to Chicago on Sunday - I'm thinking I'll get in around 2pm. I do know that my exec usually has the evening before planned out for us so I don't think I'll be able to do dinner that night but if some people are arriving early I could get in a little earlier and grab a late lunch with some of you! Or maybe we can pick a time to meet in one of the lobbies or somewhere at the conference during the week.

Hey, Kitchen Guy... where in Wisconsin do you live? Maybe we'll be crossing paths in our journey that week. :cool:

Beth,

What you really should consider doing is taking the train from Milwaukee. The Hiawatha leaves the station downtown, or if you're going to be south, it also stops at the airport and a town called Sturtevant. The Hiawatha terminates at Union Station and most hotels downtown are about a $6 cab ride from the station.

Otherwise, you're paying $20-30 a night to store your car that you're never going to use anyway.

Milwaukee area.

Wave 3 HERE I COME!!I'm in the 3rd wave as well! I can't wait to go! Got my tickets today with special thanks to my director. We got them for $189 total for a direct flight from Lexington to Chicago leaving on Saturday and coming home on Wednesday.

My director got her's last week and they were under $140 total. She volunteered to buy all of ours since she noticed that they were going up and then we could reimburse her later! I LOVE MY DIRECTOR!! I couldn't afford to get mine for a few weeks! Now, I'm going to put all my effort into recruiting and helping our TEAM be #1 in sales! WE ARE SO CLOSE IT'S NOT FUNNY!

Sorry so long it's just that I'm so excited! It's been awhile since I've done something like this for myself. Pampered Chef is affording my family some really great opportunities and now to get to go to conference is so wonderful! Can't wait to meet all of you!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Beth,

What you really should consider doing is taking the train from Milwaukee. The Hiawatha leaves the station downtown, or if you're going to be south, it also stops at the airport and a town called Sturtevant. The Hiawatha terminates at Union Station and most hotels downtown are about a $6 cab ride from the station.

Otherwise, you're paying $20-30 a night to store your car that you're never going to use anyway.

Milwaukee area.
Thanks, Kitchen Guy, for the info but my son will be driving me down from Milwaukee and dropping me at the hotel.

I got my airline tickets today!!! Now if they would just post which hotels will be "conference hotels"! I will be looking at getting my hotel reservations on my own this time - Travel Planners totally messed up our hotel reservations for leadership in January so I do not trust them - they also did NOTHING to make good with us - "too bad, so sad" attitudes didn't go well with me especially when I had 5 people without a place to sleep in a strange city.

Last edited:
fruit76loop said:
put it past you!! I will make sure I keep the hotel I am staying at a secret! :D

Too bad you are in wave 2! You would add a lot of life to our wave!!:D

Woohoo, Since KG is in wave 2 he's all mine!

:D :D :D :D :D

soonerchef said:
Woohoo, Since KG is in wave 2 he's all mine!

:D :D :D :D :D
I read your post to The Kat Lady...and she replied...

Woohoo! Somebody else has him for three days!

I never get no respect.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I read your post to The Kat Lady...and she replied...

Woohoo! Somebody else has him for three days!

I never get no respect.

Oh, come on, we will have a great time :rolleyes:

soonerchef said:
Oh, come on, we will have a great time :rolleyes:
I bet we will! ;) Of course, she knows that I know my way around the Loop and River North pretty well.

But then, The Kat Lady doesn't want me to go along with her to Dallas for her national conference (think pink.)

I wonder what that means?

I'm in wave 2 as well. Was hoping for wave 1 this year as I was in wave 3 last year, but oh well! I'm flying in on Wednesday afternoon the 12th and leaving on Saturday after closing session -- not really planning to have my five qualified recruits by July so no director's event for me.

Me too, I'm in wave 2! See y'all there...

...I'll be the one with red lipstick on my teeth, one curler in my hair and taking a picture of the guy with the shopping cart and Styrofoam cup!

(I mis-spoke/wrote...I'm in wave 1)

Last edited:
LindaK said:
Me too, I'm in wave 2! See y'all there...

...I'll be the one with red lipstick on my teeth, one curler in my hair and taking a picture of the guy with the shopping cart and Styrofoam cup!
You'll have to hang around for Wave 3 to take that photo.

I'll be in Wave 2 with you, I'll go back to the shopping cart and styrofoam cup for Wave 3.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
You'll have to hang around for Wave 3 to take that photo.

I'll be in Wave 2 with you, I'll go back to the shopping cart and styrofoam cup for Wave 3.

You guys are too funny, I am so excited...I can't wait! The next 4 months are going to be torture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• L.Paz
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Janice Stroud
Replies
Views
Janice Stroud
  • PampMomof3
  • General Chat
Replies