• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Was Your Very First Pampered Chef Product?

In summary, the conversation is about the first Pampered Chef product that each person purchased and whether they still have it. Many people still have and use their first products, which speaks to the quality of Pampered Chef products. Some have even become consultants themselves after attending a party or purchasing a product. Some memorable first products mentioned include the Classic Scraper, Large Round Stone, Vegie Peeler and Garnisher, Oven Mitts, and Easy Accent Decorator.
kam
Staff member
PC product you ever bought??

AND - do you still have it?!

I was introduced to Pampered Chef in 1996 and my first item I ever bought was a Classic Scraper. (I still have the catalog AND receipt from that show!!) I see that the scraper was called a Super Scraper at that time.

And I still have the Scraper - but now I have at least 4 or 5 Classic Scrapers bought over the years and I can't tell which one was the one from 1996! Says something about the quality!

(Oh, and I bought an egg separator at that first show too and I still have it and use it all the time!)

Large round stone was my first. 1983. I had it until a couple years ago when my son put it on a hot stovetop. So sad.

The year was 1998. I bought a large round stone and a food chopper. I may have gotten my garlic press at the same show. But I still have and use both the stone and press. My chopper has since been replaced. :D

My first purchase in 1990 was the Vegie Peeler and Garnisher (now called the Crinkle Cutter) I still have and use the vegie peeler and my Garnisher has been replaced with the curved style.

2003. The spoon rest. Still got it.

Flour Sugar Shaker, in 2004. I'm sure I still have it, but I have like 7 of them, so I don't know which one it is. I had NEVER been to show before, but signed up within 2 weeks of it. This is my third re-incarnation as a consultant, and still love it!

Oven Mitts and they still look new when I wash them

the first thing I bought was the classic batter bowl, but I have a cut and seal that my mom used to make our sandwhiches when I was a kid circa 1990 and she let me take it when I got married and moved out.

large round stone in 1990, with the rack. Still have both. Sometimes I even take to my shows.

I can't remember if it was the batter bowl or the food chopper. Still have them both. It was 1998, I think, back when we lived in KY. The party was hosted by a friend and I was amazed by the 12 in nonstick skillet and the fact that it was oven safe. I couldn't afford it, so I tried hard to find something like it at Walmart. Ha ha ha!

My first products were the New Consultant Kit in 2006. And I believe I still have all of them.

The year was 1996. Had never heard of PC but went to the show and LOVED it. I bought the large round stone and rack...the stone is now black, long ago got rid of the rack though. Also bought large batter bowl, mini-spatula, quikcut knife, corn cob knobs....still have them all. Booked a party but on the 20 minute drive home decide to just become a consultant and get it all!

My first item was a Easy Accent Decorator. My dad's wife gave it to me as a gift in 2004. She gave my sister a food chopper. I used the EAD until years later then got the newer one. My sister is a regifter and actually regifted the FC to my dad's wife years later (she really should label who gave her what before she regifts). Sandy is still seriously upset about that one. I told her I would have taken it! I think I had something earlier but can't seem to remember what or where it is. I know I have had three different garlic presses and crinkle cutters (just from redesigns since I have been a consultant).

My new consultant kit in 2011! I didn't own anything PC and I had never been to a show! I actually decided to join on a whim when a consultant came through my line when I was working retail and I saw her bag! I asked her for a catalog and she emailed me all the specials and figured why not?! Now my whole kitchen except my flatware is PC! :)

My first product was the kit. In 1998, I visited my sister in law and she had the products. I had never heard of PC before. I took her copy of the catalogue and decide on the return trip home that I could sell PC one or two nights a month and so I could get away from my '24 hr day job' of listening to truckers/mechanics talk about tire pressure and fuel costs. The first 6 months, I averaged a show every 3 days and earned Maui but took the $$ instead. My daughter still talks about the look of terror on my face when I realised I had to prepare a recipe in front of the guests...lol

I bought two or three things at the first show I went to but the only thing I remember buying at it are the chef's tongs.

1999, as a single mom who hosted a party. I still have my classic and skinny scraper, deep dish pie plate, and oven pad. I have since replaced my bamboo spatulas with the newer versions, but I have been a PC junkie ever since.

I think about 1989 and I bought a medium pizza stone...and I have still have it! Bought another one and the next show I went to. Didn't host my first show until 2001 and decided to become a consultant in 2010--Don't know what I was waiting for! LOL

kam said:
PC product you ever bought??
Oh. When you said, "What was your very first..." I was going to say with my high school sweetheart.Yup. First time this protestant kid went to Midnight Mass as Christmastime.(And you thought I was going to say something else, didn't you?)

Mid 90s....can't remember what I bought, but I do remember the guest special was a free small batter bowl. Still have it!

Last edited:
Um, mid 1990's? I can't remember! I did buy a batter bowl, mix 'n scraper, the whole vanilla line, professional cookware, measuring cup, pizza cutter, round stone & twixit clips all about the same time, but can't remember what came first. My step-sister started selling it & I was her "go to" person when she needed a few more $$$$ in sales to hit a level. She called me almost every month!Oh! And the ice cream shaver! And the APCS ...white potholders ... those are from the 90's too.

1995....pastry brush, now discontinued (with the boar bristles....yuck! lol) as well as a medium round stone with rack

My catalogs were true "treasures", as I'd order, then go home and get my next order ready!! lol Finally became a consultant in 1997 so I could get it all!!

I got a gift certificate for a wedding gift in 2003 and ordered the small batter bowl and the all purpose spreader...went to my first show in 2005 and signed up 2 months later after looking at the catalog with DH like every single day and dreaming of the cookware!

Large round stone - which I would still have if my movers hadn't stollen it when we left Germany! - food chopper and bamboo spoons (which I do still have).

Medium Pizza Stone – and it broke within 6 months due to sheer clumsiness. But, I do have a new medium round, and I'm up to 11 stones now!

Someone passed a catalog around when we were bargaining our contract at work and we were in a caucus. I'd never heard of TPC before and thought everything was VERY expensive, so I bought a Hold N Slice and the Large Serving Spatula. This was 6 years ago and yes, I still have them. Rarely use the hold n slice though.

1982 I think I got my first Pampered Chef product from my cousin who lived in Chicago. Salt and Pepper Grinder. Funny as she went to work for OXO shortly after that. In 1997 I bought my first products. Large Round Stone with Rack, Mini Serving Spatula and the Hamburger press. Broke the hamburger press just after they discontinued it of course, we used it so much but it lasted through a ton of uses! I have the stone and use it, black as it can be, and the rack is long gone. I still have that mini serving spatula with the wood handle. Can't use it any more as it gives back splinters but it is fun to have around!

Rectangle Stone in 1994. Yes, I still have it.

What Was Your Very First...?

The most frequently asked questions about "What Was Your Very First...?" are:

1. What was your very first product?

Our very first product was the classic stoneware baking dish, which is still a customer favorite today.

2. When did Pampered Chef launch?

Pampered Chef was founded in 1980 by Doris Christopher, making it over 40 years old!

3. What inspired the creation of Pampered Chef?

Doris Christopher was a home economist and wanted to provide a solution for busy families to create delicious and healthy meals at home.

4. How has Pampered Chef evolved since its first product?

Pampered Chef has grown to offer a wide range of kitchen tools and cooking solutions, as well as expanding to international markets and offering online ordering.

5. Does Pampered Chef still offer the classic stoneware baking dish?

Yes, we still offer the classic stoneware baking dish, as well as many other stoneware products that have become customer favorites over the years.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Aileen Thomson
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies