• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Late Night Host Duties: Stampin Up Party Invite Fiasco

In summary, the host is having a Stampin Up party and is trying to be a good host by filling out invites and applying postage. However, the price of stamps is going up, and the service is not improving. Postage is going up due to the fact that the amount of mail sent has gone down, and the cost of stamps will not make people use them more.
princessmeshelle
It is 11 pm and I am trying to be a good host for my demonstrator. (I'm having a Stampin Up party) So I'm filling out invites and applying postage... I guess I must really want to buy new stamps because I just got done applying extra postage to my usual stamps. I'm sending post cards! :eek: It is times like this I wish I could blame my hair color! Oh well.

Sorry I had to share...

I so would do something like that, I feel for you! On the bright side of things, we know that you definately have enough postage to get them to where they need to go!

Well, you could say you're just ahead of the game. The PO is raising the price of stamps AGAIN!!! In May, everything is going up. They've already raised the Flat Rate Priority (how I mail my host packets) to $4.95. They are starting to price me out!! I'm switching to having them pick it up from me. For some reason it costs less for that service.

This really upsets me..(sorry slight hijack and mini-rant coming)!! The service is not improving, but we are paying more. I don't get it! On Tuesday, I paid over $25 to overnight a package to my husband in CA. The lady at the counter said it would be there by noon the next day. It still isn't there! And they won't do anything about it. I would've had to pay more money to get Delivery Confirmation. What does my $25 pay for? About 30% of everything I mail never makes it to where I'm sending it. I HATE the PO!! I wish they were more reliable. Maybe then I wouldn't have such a fit everytime they raise the rates.

Chef Kearns said:
Well, you could say you're just ahead of the game. The PO is raising the price of stamps AGAIN!!! In May, everything is going up. They've already raised the Flat Rate Priority (how I mail my host packets) to $4.95. They are starting to price me out!! I'm switching to having them pick it up from me. For some reason it costs less for that service.

This really upsets me..(sorry slight hijack and mini-rant coming)!! The service is not improving, but we are paying more. I don't get it! On Tuesday, I paid over $25 to overnight a package to my husband in CA. The lady at the counter said it would be there by noon the next day. It still isn't there! And they won't do anything about it. I would've had to pay more money to get Delivery Confirmation. What does my $25 pay for? About 30% of everything I mail never makes it to where I'm sending it. I HATE the PO!! I wish they were more reliable. Maybe then I wouldn't have such a fit everytime they raise the rates.

Postage going up is due to the fact that the amount of mail being sent has gone down so much due to the internet. People get their statements online and make payments online.

erinb said:
Postage going up is due to the fact that the amount of mail being sent has gone down so much due to the internet. People get their statements online and make payments online.

And someone has to pay for the big bucks the Postmaster General is getting. http://abcnews.go.com/Business/Story?id=6899700&page=1

Make sure when you purchase stamps you get the forever stamps from now until after the price increase. They will still take them no matter what amount you paid for them. If you do a large mailing of items I would encourage you to get as many as possible to save the $0.02 later.

You are so right about crappy service...I can't tell you the amount of host packets that have never gotten to their destination...the amount of catalogs I've lost due to that...Ugh. Now, if I have a show remotely close by I will drop it off to them.

I do the guests invites as well...but I have decided after May 1, I am going to be doing evites for customers and only mailing invites for those who don't have internet access. I will also make follow up calls to those who give me email addresses.

erinb said:

Well, raising the cost won't make people use them MORE!:grumpy: I try to avoid the PO as much as possible because the price hikes irritate me so much.:mad:

I am thinking before long UPS and Fed-Ex will start their own mail delivery. I wonder if it would be cheaper to send hostess packets thru them instead of the PO?
I will have to check on that..

I like to do the Priority Mail flat rate envelopes with printing out the shipping label on-line. It's cheaper and you get free delivery confirmation. I'm so happy with this service. You can even schedule a pick-up so you don't have to run out to the PO and wait in lines.

babywings76 said:
I like to do the Priority Mail flat rate envelopes with printing out the shipping label on-line. It's cheaper and you get free delivery confirmation. I'm so happy with this service. You can even schedule a pick-up so you don't have to run out to the PO and wait in lines.

LOL that wouldn't work for me, we don't have mail delivery here, so I have to go to the PO anyways, the worst part for me is getting there when they are open, we have basically the same work schedules since I live in a very small town. I normally have to hit the PO in one of the bigger cities around here, and that is a pain in itself.

I understand that less people use the mail now, but SO many people say it's BECAUSE of the constant increases. I find it HILARIOUS that I DO receive advertisement from the USPS as though I did not know that they send packages and have stamps. What? Since when? In case I missed the junk mail, I also can see it on commercials. MAYBE they can stop advertising as though they haven't existed forever and making us pay for it.Sensitive topic :). However, I TOO appreciate that I can print labels on line and send them from home. Of course, I send them priority with the confirmation (free...whohoo) b/c it seemed if I didn't send them priority, they didn't get there.

My sister just told me the USPS is considering cutting out mail delivery on Tuesdays. This means they'll raise the price of postage and lower the number of days you (and your hosts/customers) will receive mail.

1. What is "What Was I Thinking?"

"What Was I Thinking?" is a cookbook created by Pampered Chef that features recipes for quick and easy meals that can be made in under 30 minutes. It also includes tips and tricks for meal planning and organization in the kitchen.

2. Are the recipes in "What Was I Thinking?" healthy?

Yes, the recipes in "What Was I Thinking?" are designed with health and nutrition in mind. They use fresh ingredients and are focused on balanced meals that are both tasty and nutritious.

3. Does "What Was I Thinking?" include vegetarian or vegan recipes?

Yes, "What Was I Thinking?" includes a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary preferences, including vegetarian and vegan options. Each recipe is clearly marked with dietary information, making it easy to find dishes that fit your needs.

4. Can I purchase "What Was I Thinking?" in physical or digital format?

"What Was I Thinking?" is available for purchase in both physical and digital formats. The physical version can be purchased through our website or through a Pampered Chef consultant, while the digital version can be downloaded directly from our website.

5. Can I customize the recipes in "What Was I Thinking?" to fit my taste preferences?

Yes, the recipes in "What Was I Thinking?" are meant to be flexible and can be customized to fit your taste preferences. You can easily swap out ingredients or adjust seasonings to make the dishes your own.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Stampaholic1961
  • Cat2000
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg