• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What type of investing is best for our future financial stability?

In summary, Lisa confirmed a September 29 Cooking Show from one of the leads of past hosts. She is extra excited because she is such a friendly lady.
ChefLisa
I confirmed a September 29 Cooking Show from one of the leads of pastI confirmed a September 29 Cooking Show from one of the leads of past hosts Home Office gave us. I am extra excited because she is such a friendly lady.

Lisa

That's great!
I'm still at nada.

Good job Lisa!! I haven't had any results yet either.:yuck:

...Still trying though.:pray:

Does anyone play the stock market? Have some bonds? Or uses CDs and HYP bank accounts?

Closest thing to investing I've done is an IRA. Nothing too exciting. When I retire I might be able to live for a month or two. LOL.

We've got stock through my husbands work - Profit sharing through there as well - and the kids have mutual funds that we've been contributing too since they were born (my dad is a retired CPA and set it all up for us and has been contributing every month to them as well - gotta love my parents!) We are hoping it will cover most of their education by the time they go to school - oldest will go to college in 2013.

I have stocks that are in mutual funds that are in my 401K. I am not good and watch and moving them. I usually check them but am not good about moving them around.

We have profit sharing and 401k at dh work place....we also have some cd's. After I graduate and get my schooling paid for we are going to contribute hard core on retirement.

Nope... we're just getting out of an uncomfortable 7 year period ourselves that included paying out alimony to DH's ex at an ill-afforded rate and a bankruptcy due to that, keeping up with lawyers' fees, having DD and life in general... so this year we've been able to have our first savings account! And we've just opened our first joint account (before we were afraid DH's ex could seize my money through any joint account we held so we kept separate accounts all these years) that will earn a little interest too!I'm excited... we've actually gotten to the point now where we may have extra money to invest in our futures! *sigh*

1. What types of investments are available?

There are several types of investments available, including stocks, bonds, mutual funds, real estate, and alternative investments such as commodities or cryptocurrencies. Each type of investment carries its own risks and potential returns, so it's important to research and understand each option before making a decision.

2. What are stocks and how do they work?

Stocks represent ownership in a company and can be purchased through a stockbroker or online trading platform. When you buy a stock, you are essentially buying a small piece of the company's profits and assets. If the company does well, the value of your stock may increase, but if the company performs poorly, the value of your stock may decrease. It's important to diversify your stock investments to minimize risk.

3. What are bonds and how do they work?

Bonds are a type of loan where an investor lends money to a company or government entity. In return, the investor receives regular interest payments and the full amount of the loan back at a specified maturity date. Bonds are generally considered less risky than stocks, but they also typically offer lower returns.

4. What are mutual funds and how do they work?

Mutual funds are a type of investment that pools money from multiple investors to purchase a diverse portfolio of stocks, bonds, or other securities. This allows investors to spread their risk across a variety of assets and potentially earn higher returns than they would with individual investments. Mutual funds are managed by a team of professionals and charge fees for their services.

5. What are alternative investments and should I consider them?

Alternative investments refer to assets that do not fall into the traditional categories of stocks, bonds, and cash. This can include commodities, real estate, private equity, or even collectibles. Alternative investments can provide diversification and potentially higher returns, but they also carry higher risks and may require a larger initial investment. It's important to thoroughly research and understand the risks involved before considering alternative investments.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefLisa
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
genburk
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • ChefLisa
  • General Chat
Replies