1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: What tv shows are you watching?

1. Admin Greg

Admin Greg Senior Member Staff Member

I just finished up the last season of Walking Dead and American Horror Story. What is everyone watching and would recommend?

Feb 10, 2016
  2. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

What did you think about American Horror Story? Was it Hotel that you just watched - and have you seen the previous seasons? I had a hard time getting through AHS: Hotel. I don't know if I just wasn't in the mood for it or not - but each episode really dragged for me.

I watch WAY too much TV. What types of shows do you like? Sci-Fi, Supernatural, Drama, Procedural? Action or dialog driven??

Some recommendations:
    The Americans, Better Call Saul, Deutschland 83, Fargo, Halt & Catch Fire, Mr. Robot, UnReal, Orphan Black, American Crime (ABC)

Premium Channels: Game of Thrones, Banshee, Leftovers, Homeland, The Affair, Ray Donovan

Feb 10, 2016
  3. Admin Greg

I just finished the carnival season and it was ok. The first two were the best.

I really liked Breaking Bad so I might check out BCS. I also really like GoT.

Feb 10, 2016
  4. byrd1956

byrd1956 Senior Member Gold Member

My husband controls the remote, so whatever he chooses. We have Direct TV and I do not want to 'screw-up' anything so I don't bother it. When I'm home all day I do not even have the tv on and I don't miss it. I personally could get rid of satellite and go with the local stations.

Feb 10, 2016
  5. kam

I agree about AHS, the first 2 seasons were the best.

If you watched Breaking Bad you HAVE to watch BCS. Usually when they things like that, they aren't that good. This is the exception. It is REALLY good. If I had to pick a show that is starting in the next few months that I am most anticipating, it would be a toss up between GoT and BCS.

Since you watched WD, did you watch Fear the Walking Dead? I didn't think it was all that good. I think I only stuck with it since it was only 6 episodes (small investment).

Based on the shows you mention, you would probably like Banshee (fun/action), Ray Donovan and probably The Americans.

Did you watch Sons of Anarchy or Justified?

Feb 10, 2016
  6. kam

I am the complete opposite! I have so many things going that my husband is the one who is afraid to mess anything up!

We get both DirecTV and cable - 4 TiVos and 3 dvrs plus a cable box hooked up to the computer to record things there! LOL!

Feb 10, 2016
  7. DebPC

DebPC Legacy Member Staff Member

Yes- I've also heard good things about Better Call Saul. We're going to start watching it on Netflix. If anyone has Amazon Prime- The Man in the High Castle is good but there's only 1 season. House of Cards on Netflix new season premieres in March. Otherwise I'm all about HGTV.

Feb 23, 2016
  8. I'm currently watching Marco Polo on Netflix and Ash vs Evil Dead on Stan.

Mar 21, 2016
  9. Admin Greg

I've been eyeing Marco Polo for awhile!

Mar 21, 2016
  10. Ashery

Ashery

TV shows - X-Factor)))
    Now, I'm looking Sherlock and True Detective)

Jul 14, 2016
  11. Admin Greg

Right now Game of Thrones

Jul 14, 2016
  12. Tenille V.

Tenille V. Member

I really got into AHS after watching "Freakshow" which is the carnival one! That was probably my favorite, but I also liked the "Asylum" one as well & the first one about the house. I was surprised as I thought I would LOVE "Coven", but it was my least favorite, except for the amazing performance by Stevie Nicks! Horror is not my norm, so it was weird that I found this show so great!!

Currently, I am watching: Suits, House of Lies (last season), Shameless (last season), The Magicians (last season), Feed the Beast, Ballers, Billions (last season)...I'm sure there's others.

Jul 21, 2016
  13. Tenille V.

Tenille V. Member

I loved the first season of True Detective, but couldn't get started with the 2nd. Not sure why. Maybe I'll try to go back & rewatch!

Jul 21, 2016
  14. Admin Greg

I've seen the first 3 and liked them!

Jul 25, 2016
    Tenille V. likes this.
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted