• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Wear to My First Show?!: An Absolute Beginner's Guide

In summary, dress how you would like to represent your business - I usually wear khaki's and a polo or logo shirt.
Hoochie - means trashy or trampy where I live

Kathytnt said:
It means that here in d'hood too! :)

jenm42 said:
Hi Stacy...

It's good to hear from someone else with a style more casual like mine. I thought perhaps that I was the only one! =) And honestly, if I had to dress up, I probably wouldn't do this anymore. I like running MY business the way I want to. =) I'm glad I'm not alone!

You are about 2 1/2 hours from me, according to Mapquest. I didn't realize that you were so close! =) I'm all the way in south NJ near Atlantic City. Visit sometime!

=) Jen

Nope, we can both be cas' together :p

Atlantic City hey :rolleyes: hmmmm Might like to make a trip of that sometime. :D DH and I have often talked about going.

I go casual or business casual, depending on the group.

For example, when I'm doing a show for my friends, I wear jeans and button down shirt (they've told me that if I show up in slacks they'd kick me out! lol)

I have several customers in Real Estate and other businesses where they all dress up most of the time, so I feel a need to dress up with them, or I'd look out of place at the show.....

And when in doubt about the "dress" for a show, I choose my long denim skirt a nice blouse and an awesome piece of jewelry ;)

Kathytnt said:
Yep- that's what I meant. You know the look- giant, flashy earrings and way too many necklaces, bracelets and rings. Karin Logston had a tip when I saw her speak last, that you should only wear one piece of jewelry on each area: 1 pair of earrings, 1 necklace or pin, 1 bracelet or watch on each wrist, 1 ring on each hand, 1 ankle bracelet. That's a maximum - not a minimum.

chefann said:
Karin Logston had a tip when I saw her speak last, that you should only wear one piece of jewelry on each area: 1 pair of earrings, 1 necklace or pin, 1 bracelet or watch on each wrist, 1 ring on each hand, 1 ankle bracelet. That's a maximum - not a minimum.

That's a good tip - EXCEPT: my ears are double-pierced. I think it'd look worse to have empty holes. I wear tiny studs in my top holes anyway, and something a bit larger in the bottoms. I think that's perfectly acceptable.

Now for someone with six holes in each ear... maybe either tiny studs or leave those out, I dunno.

Even professionalism is such a fuzzy line!

I do think that you should dress for your customers - meaning - dress the way you think they will dress or one step up. If your shows are more casual, then go for the casual look. It seems to me that most of my guests wear more 'business casual' attire, typically not many wearing jeans. I wear a suit and tie to work, so business casual is 'casual' to me. SO, I typically wear khakis or dress pants and a logo polo or other pc shirt. I have worn jeans to shows before, too. Whatever works for you, style-wise, you can still look professional.

jenniferp417 said:
That's a good tip - EXCEPT: my ears are double-pierced. I think it'd look worse to have empty holes. I wear tiny studs in my top holes anyway, and something a bit larger in the bottoms. I think that's perfectly acceptable.

Now for someone with six holes in each ear... maybe either tiny studs or leave those out, I dunno.

Even professionalism is such a fuzzy line!
I am a person with 5 holes in one ear and 2 in the other (from college 12 yerars ago but they don't go away) any way I wear 2 earing in one ear and 1 in the other and have never had a issue and am a teacher by day and it is just not an issue bUT I do wear a small stud in the middle lobe and small hoops in the "regular first" hole. It is more how you present yourself people don't notice.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nickywsn
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
soccermama
  • JoyfulChef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kathy harless
  • mspibb