• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Show: Dcb, Stoneware, or Other

In summary, Ms Twana recommends using one or two recipes from the DCB kit, and recommends baking the molten lava cake in the oven instead of the microwave.
ms_twana
Okay, so I know that the kit included recipe cards that would allow me to showcase what I received in the kit, but I really wanna use my DCB. I'm thinking if I use that right, it will get me more Hosts (since you can only purchase it as a host). But also, I have been looking at some recipes that are just made on the stove in a pan; no DCB or stoneware. Is it a good idea to do that for a show??

I believe there is a whole cookbook that we sale (mabe 2 even) that has a bunch of DCB recipies in them. You can tell them that when they buy it.

I think of the DCB as stoneware... so if I use one piece, I talk about the others, as they're the same line. I recommend the large bar pan, and I recommend the DCB to my guests. I tell them how to get the DCB. When I worked retail, my boss hammered into me to try to sell what I had in the store. I always do that. I have both of those pieces and I DO recommend them. But I can also talk about the other pieces if someone is interested in another piece. I have only sold one DCB (would have been two, but another guest wanted 2 knife sets and then ran out of money!) but I've sold a lot of large bar pans. I am going into my 3rd month with PC. I have only used the pizza recipe, until last night, where I did the artichoke cups. I figure that the kit has the basics that everyone needs in their kitchen, and those recipes use the kit well. Last night was the second party someone had with me, so I also brought the DCB and made molten lava cake served with vanilla ice cream.

Great ideas. Thanks. Is the molten lava cake done in the microwave or oven?

Also, how much food should I make? I was thinking of doing the artichoke cups as an appetizer and the pizza as the meal. Is that too much?

Molten lava cake is so easy. Make a chocolate cake mix from the box according to package directions (egg, water, oil). Pour into DCB. Put blobs of chocolate frosting (from the can) on top of the uncooked batter. Microwave uncovered for 10 minutes. Because I was making the appetizers, I made the batter for the cake before the party, and had it already in the deep covered baker. I just told my guests the steps I had already done, and started putting my frosting on. Last night, my guest swore she had a normal sized microwave, but in reality, it was dorm sized. We couldn't fit the DCB into the microwave. I put it into the oven at 350 for about 40 minutes (unsure of time, checked at 35 minutes and it wasn't done... baked it a little longer and it was). It was great. Locally, the highway was closed last night, everyone was enjoying the wine and good company, and no one was looking to rush out of the party, so the slow cooking cake wasn't a problem. If it had been a party of stressed moms that needed to get home right away, the oven would have been too slow!Ms Twana, I suggest 1, or maybe 2 recipes at most for your party. You're not a caterer, and you want to make people see that your job is easy. You also don't want to lose your audience by talking too much or too long. Usually I have people ready to place orders by the time the first dish is coming out of the oven. I couldn't deal with placing orders and still making more food, personally! The advice I was given as a new consultant was to make 1 recipe for my first 3 months at least, and keep it the same recipe at every show, so that it didn't fluster me. I'm hard to fluster, but I agree it was great advice.

twana, look for the dcb file in the files section. There is a 36 page file of recipes for the dcb. Fajitas is a great thing to make in the dcb. Make the pico de gallo as a second recipe and pass the bowl around with salad choppers to have the guests try it out.

What is the difference between Dcb, Stoneware, and Other products?

The Dcb stands for Deep Covered Baker, which is a type of stoneware that is designed to be used in the microwave or oven. Stoneware, on the other hand, refers to any type of oven-safe ceramic or clay cookware. Other products could refer to non-stoneware items such as metal or glass cookware.

Which type of cookware is best for baking?

Both Dcb and stoneware are great for baking as they provide even heat distribution and can withstand high temperatures. However, Dcb has the added benefit of being able to cook food in the microwave as well.

Can I use Dcb or Stoneware on the stovetop?

No, Dcb and stoneware are not designed to be used on the stovetop. They are meant to be used in the oven or microwave only.

Do I need to season my Dcb or Stoneware before use?

No, unlike other types of cookware such as cast iron, Dcb and stoneware do not require seasoning before use.

Can I use metal utensils on Dcb or Stoneware?

No, it is recommended to use silicone, nylon, or wooden utensils on Dcb and stoneware to prevent scratching or damaging the surface.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • HeatherP19
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • emo812
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies