• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Effective Strategies for Contacting Realtors and Setting Up Presentations

In summary, you should send a letter to a realty office asking to set up a presentation and follow up with them 3-6 months later. If they respond positively, you can offer to bring food to their business meeting or sell them PC products.
CarlyK
I was wondering, for all of you who have contacted realtors, what do you say to them. I am trying to practice something so I am not stuttering all over the place and making myself sound like an idiot.

I have called one place so far, and I just asked with whom I need to speak to in order to set up a date for a presentation. And then the secretary got all snotty with me and gave me a little bit of an attitude and asked me why I wanted to set up a presentation.

So before I start a call fest, I was just wondering if anyone can share with me what you say when calling.

My mom's a realtor, and she recommended I call up or write a letter offering to provide lunch during their business meeting. Her offices have always done this -- and it's always vendors trying to sell something or offering a service. So you're not the only one calling there.

When I start making realtor calls, I'll ask when they do business meetings, then I'll ask when I could bring lunch and show the agents some great products they can give to their buyers. I'll also ask what type of facilities they have (microwave, sink, refrigerator), when I can set up, and whether I should bring a table. HTH!

What a great idea!My mother just started a new job and I offered to bring the creme puffs to the office for everyone so they can view the products. I got $270 in orders for one day!! It's my mother's catalog show, so now she can get her FREE food chopper!!
That's a great way to get in the doors. It's hard to resist FREE food and our PC products will sell themselves.

Debbie

That is a great idea. I was told that the woman would call me back, but the way that she acted on the phone, I don't think that callback will happen! But at first I was like poop on you then, but I shall try again tomorrow and see.

I was told too that they get calls like this all of the time as well. It just stunk that the first trial was a negative experience. Oh well, there is always tomorrow! I do think that I am going to try the bring food thing! I just need to figure out something to make with my stuff that I have.

I sent out letters to realty offices and in the letter I stated that I would be calling to follow up in a week. I would then call and ask if they received my letter, if it was a yes then I would ask if I could come by. If it was a no then I would explain what the letter was and ask if they would be interested in seeing some catalogs or having me come out for a presentation. The largest presentation I did was for 40 realtors, I got some sales and frequent buyers from it so it was worth it.

What letter?Do you mind sharing what you put in your original letter and who you addressed it to? What kind of success have you had?

I will post the letter as soon as the kiddies are out of the bath...

Here is the letter I sent out, at least I think this is it :rolleyes: . I didn't look at it since I am in a hurry...

Attachments

• Merge lettersuggestionrevise3rd.doc
    27 KB · Views: 544
As a Realtor....There have been so many threads on this....but being a realtor myself, I have also been targeting my "associates" of my company and other companies.

I think the biggest selling point to them is leaving the lasting impression.
Not only that, but a follow up 3-6 months after, which we should all do, but don't and therefore lose referral base business, but if they put on hand some small kitchen tools, after they close and they have given them the "thank you gift" of a PC product, they can send a small kitchen tool, once in the mail, this sets them up for a "warm call".....they call, ask how all is going, let them know they where thinking of them and to expect a small something in the mail from them....and then they can also ask for the referrals for buyers or sellers. If this is done every 6 months, it can be a huge bonus in the long run. All of my sellers/buyers receive a postcard or magazine from our company at a quarterly rate....but that doesn't have long shelf life, now I find out, but a Pampered Chef kitchen tool surely will be around for a long time.

As far as approaching them....go to open houses with a catalog, your card, make sure you have an order form in that catalog and tell them your idea and mention the opening for the WARM CALL idea.....THAT will catch their attention.....10-1 they will bring that catalog to the office and who knows from there......not only that, but at open houses, sometimes you have plenty of time to look at the catalog as it isn't that busy. Don't forget to leave a catalog for the home owners too..ask the realtor to leave it on the kitchen counter.....woo hoo....it's hard for me as they know I'm a realtor and I'm afraid they may think I'm trying to "poach" their customer/clients....:eek:

I just did an open house run this past sunday, I had an order online for 90.00....that was just for one closing......;O)

I LOVE the letter I saw on here about "join realtors across the country"....pretty cool.....

Don't be afraid to drop by realty offices either.....they do get alot of banks, etc coming by, but I'm sure when they see the catalog, leave it with the receptionist.....you should be able to find orders there....leave a note on the front stapled on how to order online.....

I know in our business meetings, it is hard to get everyone in tune with a "presentation" we want to get to business and then get out of there to continue our day.....but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Check your local Board Of Realtors to see if they are having maybe an "realtor after hours" monthly and maybe at one you can bring some goodies and greet people...or if they have meetings at the board, or a tech fair, you can get a table......

It's an untapped market.......I wish you tons of success....don't be afraid of them, and I would go there personally and not on the phone.....yeah receptionists can get a little upity when they know its a sales call....:eek:

I know one of the ideas that was discussed between my group on one of our training calls as well, which can be used as another possibility, is the Seasons Best as greeting cards as well. Instead of spending $2 dollars or so on a greet card that someone is just going to throw in a drawer and throw out eventually, they can send someone a bunch of great recipes for only $1.39 (the booklet & stamp) and it can last a lifetime.

Great IdeasThere are some great ideas here!! I might have to try approaching one or two realtors to start and see what happens. I am still working at getting some of my paperwork in place. I plan to spend an hour or so on Friday night getting a little package together to send to my boyfriend in Ottawa. He is going to do a catalog show for me! He knows how badly I want those stainless steel bowls for free.

Anyway, once I am a little more settled in my paperwork, and not to mention I have to go out this weekend to buy all new printer cartridges, I plan to start up some posters to advertise. I want to do up some realtor letters, and thank you letters and soooo much more!

I think after chatting with my best friend tonight about the show I'm doing for her this weekend, I'm getitng more hyped! hee hee its funny, I found out this morning my full time job contract ends this Friday, yet I don't seem to be bothered as much as I thought I would. I guess this PC stuff has been on my mind for a while now and I'm excited to start! I know it won't take me long to find another job, maybe thats why I'm not dwelling on it.. hee well that is not right now! LOL That might change after a week or so of still pounding the pavement with my resumes in hand. hee hee hmmm perhaps along with my resumes I should hand in a catalog to potential employers!! LOL.. hmmm perhaps I'll wait til I get the job first, THEN hand a copy of a catalog to my new employer!!!

Cheers!:rolleyes:

What are the benefits of using Pampered Chef products?

Pampered Chef offers high-quality kitchen tools and cookware that are designed to make meal prep easier and more efficient. Our products are also backed by a satisfaction guarantee, ensuring that our customers are always happy with their purchases.

How can Pampered Chef products benefit realtors?

Realtors can benefit from using Pampered Chef products in several ways. Our products can help them prepare delicious and impressive meals for potential clients during open houses or showings. They can also use our tools to create personalized gifts for their clients, such as custom-engraved cutting boards.

What makes Pampered Chef products stand out from other kitchen brands?

Pampered Chef products are made with high-quality materials and innovative designs that have been tested and approved by professional chefs. We also offer a variety of products that cater to different cooking styles and needs, making our brand versatile and reliable.

How can I introduce Pampered Chef products to realtors?

One way to introduce Pampered Chef products to realtors is by hosting a cooking demonstration or party specifically for them. You can also reach out to local real estate agencies and offer to provide them with a sample of our products to try out and potentially recommend to their clients.

What resources does Pampered Chef offer to help realtors promote our products?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of marketing materials and resources that can help realtors promote our products, such as flyers, social media graphics, and product catalogs. We also have a dedicated team that can assist with any questions or concerns and provide guidance on how to effectively promote our brand to their clients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kelley Sells
  • Jennie4PC
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Flamingo
  • ChefShalon
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies